My soundcloud

Dwarfishh

Just thought I'd share my music, the latest 3 are much better done than the older ones, except for a small audio problem at the start of mechanisms. Any comments would be appreciated, especially on 'the pale to the dark' as that's for college work, and i need to do a write up of it, including some reviews by other people.

https://soundcloud.com/elliot-ernie-blanchfield

I'm not using samples, MIDI is much easier to edit and change if something isn't quite right. And yeah, I'm going to change the guitar sound nearer to the end. I need to make an alternate version, with musical features atypical of metal in it, so i'm going to see how that ends up before deciding on a final tone.

nonono, i don't mean samples as in "that one hip hop song that had a little chacka khan stevie wonder bars in here looped over"

i mean...okay, so you make a midi, and have virtual instruments playing the notes you tell it too. those virtual instruments are made up of samples, properly arranged to be used for midis. but yeah, what kind of metal tone are you looking for? right now, it's sounding you want a dark tone to it rather than a bright, gritty sound, but it's a little hard to tell...

Yeah. I'm on logic pro, so i can modify the sounds extensively afterwards. I'll probably do it in the Amp maker, and revert to a standard guitar as the base. Just used the presets for the writing. I'll have to get quite a few sounds, there are about 8 guitars in this piece, i think...

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Got a few new/finished tracks up for anyone that's interested. Aether is my personal fave.

Aether is very cool and SNES Era, mixed with a bit of tranciness. I like it.

Shift is my favorite by far. Hints of Blade Runner meets more modern Hollywood action. Really solid composition.

On Pale to the Dark, your kick drum is really bassy and not at all that punchy. If you're going for a pseudo djentish, almost Meshuggah esque vibe (which I get from the infamous alarm sound guitar chords), you'll want to tighten it up a bit.

Aether is very cool and SNES Era, mixed with a bit of tranciness. I like it.

Shift is my favorite by far. Hints of Blade Runner meets more modern Hollywood action. Really solid composition.

On Pale to the Dark, your kick drum is really bassy and not at all that punchy. If you're going for a pseudo djentish, almost Meshuggah esque vibe (which I get from the infamous alarm sound guitar chords), you'll want to tighten it up a bit.

Thanks.

Pale to the Dark is all presets, but ha to be uploaded for a uni application.

Everyone seems to like Shift, but it's my least favourite. I find it to repetitive at times...

Edited by eggs4king