Ranking the new Kalos Pokemon

shadykid

I'm only gonna do fully evolved Pokemon here, so there won't be much to list here

this is a tiering for battling purposes, of course

(Gale Wings Fletchinder and Eviolite Doublade probably beat the worst fully evolved Pokemon, so lol)

Cover Legendary Tier

Xerneas

Yveltal

Top Tier

Aegislash

Goodra

Greninja

Talonflame

Zygarde

High Tier

Klefki

Noivern

Mid Tier

Low Tier

Carbink (maybe one up?)

Delphox

Gogoat

Bottom Tier

Dedenne

Slurpuff

(TBD)

Chesnaught

Diggersby

Vivillon

Pyroar

Florges

Pangoro

Furfrou

Meowstic

Aromatisse

Malamar

Barbaracle

Dragalge

Clawitzer

Tyrantrum

Aurorus

Sylveon

Hawlucha

Trevenant

Gourgeist

Avalugg

Heliolisk

discuss the rest for tiering positions

Edited by shadykid

no way greninja is top tier.

High tier at most, I used it and wasn't impressed, and I've never had problems fighting it.

top relatively to the other new Pokemon

don't think of it as ubers, that's what "cover legendary" tier is for, it's more like OU

None are in any particular order and are all my opinions.

Top Tier: Aegislash, Greninja, Talonflame (3)

High Tier: Noivern, Goodra, Sylveon, Trevenant, Zygarde, Florges (6)

Middle tier: Klefki, Gourgeist, Avalugg, Chesnaught, Dragalgae, Barbaracle, Hawlucha (7)

Low Tier: Tyrantrum, Carbink, Clawitzer, Vivillion, Gogoat, Diggersby, Malamar, MeowsticM, Doublade (9)

Bottom Tier: Fletchinder, Pangoro, Aromatisse, Pyroar, Slurpuff, MeowsticF, Heliolisk, Aururos, Dedenne, Delphox, Furfrou (11)

OK, so in the last week I've put in >30 hours, so this is not a perfect assessment of their abilities, but I might as well put my opinion in. (This is on no way final- only on six badges so far). Also, the EXP share has resulted in me being over-levelled, so I'm trying to use more of the 'mons now. (I've also been using Snorlax, Roselia and Pikachu besides the 6th gen mons.) I know that this site tends to be firm about PMEM, but I'm just going to put my thoughts out there.

[spoiler= Far from perfect, but my thoughts for now....]Fennekin's line has a problem with the lack of good non-stab moves as far as I can see (need to be further in game before I can confirm), but it is a strong special attacker and with Mystic fire has the potential to limit other special attackers. I'll personally say Mid-High for now.

Stopped using Vilvion (Quite a few special attackers already) way back, so Vilvion is alright, but it has that 4X rock weakness and will be outclassed stat wise by most other mons. Low at best by mid game.

Bunnelby is alright, but it was a bit behind even before second gym. Again, it wasn't as powerful as it might have been and it got benched before Cygalle. Low at best, but could do with another chance.

Have Doublade, and honestly I haven't seen it be this amazing "Ooh, so Top" yet. Maybe that requires final form but no Dusk Stone so far. While it is strong physically, Steel's loss of resistance to Dark and Ghost has really shown for me. And it was really starting to lag behind by Level 30, but evolution helped a lot with that. Despite this it is a tough nut to crack open in the right situations. I'll go for High now, with Doublade a large improvement. (Pending with Aegislash)

Pancham is probably one of the stronger of the new mon's I've used, actually being able to fight on it's own beeter as it came closer to evolving, and it hasn't been hurt by evolving either (though 4X weakness to Fairy is now a thing for Fighting/Dark. Aww.) I'm going to say High for this one.

Picked Amaura, and it was very poor at first. It has gotten better, though a lot of that has been post-Shalour. This is a Mid minimum for me as while it has a lot of weaknesses, it does have nice stats to cover for it.

Hawlucha has got mostly two advantage: 500 BS before 3rd gym (which it can be used in) and a move with (I think anyway) double STAB. Problem is I hadn't really used it until lately so I can't give much of a good assessment of it so far. Flying Press is powerful but too situational to be completely reliable. I'll go with Mid for now.

Only started using Goodra yesterday and it's slow going in the first form but it's getting better in its second (I heard it's the Psuedo so eee when it evolves). Plus it can learn Tbolt so it had decent (though it could be better) coverage from when you catch it. I'll wait and see for this one.

Klefki. Something that is a silly design, but hasn't been as bad in combat. It does cover quite a bit on it's level-up moveset, but it's a but iffy, being tied between it's attack stats. Typing could be a lot worse, but isn't perfect. It does have Prankster so I will want to use that.

And finally, we have Helioptile. Again, could have more info but don't yet. That being said it's not bad. Again, needs more time to assess.

Probably won't try any of the others at this point before post-game (All but Skrelp and Flabebe, which are currently being tried, and are mostly untested)

OK, so in the last week I've put in >30 hours, so this is not a perfect assessment of their abilities, but I might as well put my opinion in. (This is on no way final- only on six badges so far). Also, the EXP share has resulted in me being over-levelled, so I'm trying to use more of the 'mons now. (I've also been using Snorlax, Roselia and Pikachu besides the 6th gen mons.) I know that this site tends to be firm about PMEM, but I'm just going to put my thoughts out there.

this isn't an in-game tier list

Greninja is difficult to fit in a team thanks to his paper thin defenses.

Sticky Web also takes a wet smelly dump all over it.

Tyrantrum is a pretty good Dragon Dancer. Isn't boned by fairies thanks to super powerful Rock Head Head Smash. Until it gets that, it still enjoys access to physical BoltBeam.

End game with Delphox and I'm confused to why she is bottom tier for you, Doof.

She's not much slower than Greninja and beats him in specials, on that note she walls pretty well most specials that she's not weak against. Set her up with Calm Mind, Fire Blast, Shadow Ball, and Psyshock and you've a decent threat, still needing to avoid the water and some dark types (coughGreninjacoughTyranitarcough). But you could switch one of those for Grass Knot or Solarbeam for better coverage against her weakness, preferable the former. I wouldn't suggest removing calm mind, even with really high SpA, as she needs that boost to OHKO. She would really really really benefit from a good fairy type move.

I would give her mid or low tier, but not bottom.

Pangoro, I'd give low tier. He's crazy with attack and eh with speed. EV train in speed could...might....ummm...may be possible to help but I'm not too sure. Quick Claw with Power-up Punch sounds good, haven't tested it online against others though.

Dragalge...I love and hate him...great type combo, okay type coverage with attacks, special wall and attacker, but that speed...He'd be amazing on a trick room team and probably also mid-low tier too. He's a good counter to go against fairy types, but it stopped by both Mawile and Klefki. The types he's weak against are also generally faster than him and he has decent defense to hold up against some but most of the time it's a OHKO.

you're joking right

like what exactly is Noivern doing over it, since at least Klefki has a completely different role

I wish I were. Greninja for me was one of those things that sounded great on paper... But when I tried it I was like: "WTF this thing just sucks, I'll never try to use it again". And this is coming from someone that really likes starmie. Greninja can't even compare. Nowadays when I see a greninja on the team preview, the first thing I think is: thank god a greninja, I won't even have to worry.

Have you used one?

Edited by Nobody