If there was a Fire Emblem fighting game.

Jedi

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The last time I remember the topic being discussed, I seem to remember most/a lot of it being devoted to discussing the roster.

I think that's cool to a point, but when discussion becomes firmly centered around statements like "[character] isn't relevant enough to get in/wouldn't move enough copies," my eyes start to glaze over a little

(not saying the topic is there, just that it seems like a common trend in the topics, and isn't exactly a part that I get too much out of)

I wonder what the range of backgrounds would/could look like, like how many stages would be used for plot shoutouts and contrast (Serenes, Dread Isle, etc) versus how many "dudes fighting in the background" stages would be a nice balance

MVC Style game

So that we can have air dashing Cavalier

Everyone is an assist

Everyone

Edited by Rehab

I think I'd prefer the gameplay to be like Guilty Gear or Melty Blood, preferably Melty

With such a huge cast, in each game, Dynasty Emblem is the only thing I see that could work. But thats just me

Yes, Hero-King understands everything perfectly, this is one of the things I wanna see happen in FE's life-span... very badly

I wonder what the range of backgrounds would/could look like, like how many stages would be used for plot shoutouts and contrast (Serenes, Dread Isle, etc) versus how many "dudes fighting in the background" stages would be a nice balance

This makes me wonder, would the stage from RD where you fight the DBs with the medallion count, would that stage be in? I'd kinda wanna see that

Although, I'm more of the 'how would the music get handled?' kind of guy, remixes and arranges always make me nervous... I would only deem it neccesary if the original couldn't work

As for the characters... what's a good, average number of chars for the first FE fighter without under/overdoing it? I'd say get that down, then focus on the chars

Dynasty Emblem or Fire Barsara would be amazing lol.

Also gonna agree with Melty Blood style but maybe also a touch of KoF in there. FE is about Teamwork to some extent. Maybe certain characters would be buffed by "supports"

Dynasty Emblem or Fire Barsara would be amazing lol.

Jedi also gets it, The world of warriors/basara(and my world too) would be absolutely perfect

Alright someone else who knows Melty, I forgot KoF had teams and stuff, I second the motion of chars getting supported in however fashion it would apply

I'd make it like Soul Calibur.

And totally, TOTALLY put LIBRA in it.

Libra is yes. Lucius should be in the roster too because Lucius.

MVC Style game

So that we can have air dashing Cavalier

This right here. Assist up the wizzwazz and Pegknights.

Like Jay, I would like to see it play a lot like Dissidia. Too lazy to think of characters that I'd like to see in it. :c

I HAS IDEAS

Characters I'd like to see in it:

Alm

Celica

Echidna

Gonzales

Jaffar

Lugh

Zephiel

Roy

Ray

Ross

Harken

Sigurd(He could probably dismount and remount as a gimmick.)

Lyn

Leila(C'mon, you knew this was coming when you saw my avatar!)

Matthew(Same as above.)

Florina

Ethlin(Same gimmick as Sigurd.)

Selena(FE8 Selena. Also, same gimmick as Sigurd.)

Lilina

Rebecca

Sue(Same gimmick as Sigurd.)

Karel

Eirika

Caeda/Sheeda

Dieck

Rutger

Marth(Just because he's the mascot.)

Thany/Shanna

Nino

Moulder

Gilliam

Wallace(Flame shield up.)

Lute

Hector

Ephraim

...and that's all I can think of right now.

Edited by GarlandDaHero

I'd make it 3D, similar to soul calibur, partly due to the weapon using nature of both games. Critical hits would feature in some way, possibly by interrupting an opponent during certain attacks or by context sensitive damage (maybe different conditions for different characters).

Character list (A / indicates cloned movesets, or just one being in game)

Marth (as much as i hate him, it's required)

Roy/Eliwood

Lyn

Hector (ARMADS!)

Dieck/Gerik

Bartre (grapple/Massive axe damage/)

Pent/Saleh

Cormag (can flank enemy with wyvern)

Jaffar (Bonus crit damage)

Lloyd/Rutger/Joshua

Ross (starts battle weak, grows stronger the longer the battle lasts)

Seth

Sain/Kent (cavalry charge special)

Nergal (can summon morphs)

Kellam (as a secret character)

Wolt/Wil (can charge ranged attacks for bonus damage)

Karel (combo god)

Sigurd

Leif

Jeigan (low damage, but powerful special moves)

Midir/Rath

Canas (can summon spirits, but damage him if they miss)

Grima

Walhart

Basilio

Oswin/Wallace (slow, but counts as permanant guard mode)

Duessel

Ike

Zelgius

Stefan

Ranulf (Has special mode, and will auto dodge if possible when in it for a short time)

Caineghis (Grappler, short range, massive damage)

Hardin

Wolf

Jodel (can heal self, but vulnerable when doing so)

Fortmotiis

Ephraim

Chrom/Lucina

Hawkeye

Athos (frail, takes a lot of damage, weak standard attacks, but huge damage from specials)

Zephiel

Lyon (can summon monsters)

Est/Farina (can flank enemy with pegasus)

Alm

Tiki/Nowi

Ewan

Talito

Arenas

Regna Ferox

Grado throne room

The black gate

Zephiels throne room

Greil Merc camp

Plains of Sacae

Ests Execution

Caer Pelyn

Edited by eggs4king

I went with Julius due to him being more of a "true" villain, and because he appeared in both FE4 and 5.

I think making a bunch of characters of questionable importance playable just for the sake of "class representation" is a god idea. I think that if you stick to the characters I included you'd still get a bunch of characters that "represent" most major FE classes(besides archers).

That's a good point. I put Arvis over because he killed Sigurd, which gives a large amount of villain points in my book.. I think that would be a fun conversation in the game. You could probably include both.

I don't really have a means of determining, but I tried to pick mostly favorites and spread it out across all the games. I would make a poll and have people vote per class. I put it separate just as an example. The only character I have due to purely from like that from my true list would be Nephenee. But what do you mean by god idea?

I imagine it would play like Samurai Showdown, but in 3D like Smash Bros. I prefer 2D fighters to 3D. I also think Nintendo would be better adapted at developing a 2D fighter.

Class Break Down of selections:

Lords:

Lord Arechetype: Marth

Priestess: Celicia

Mymidon Lord: Seliph

Cavalier Lord: Sigurd

Hero Lord: Leif

Hero Lord: Roy

Myrmidon with Archer abilities: Lyn

Fighter: Hector

Soldier: Ephraim

Hero: Ike (FE 9)

Light Mage: Micaiah

Hero Lord:Chrom

Mymidon Lord:Lucina

Villains:

Dark Mage: Ghanref

General: Hardin

Mage: Arvis

Mage: Ishtar

General: Zephiel

General: Black Knight

Super Sage: Ashera

Great Knight: Walhart

Others:

Thief: Anna

Manakete: Tiki

Tactician: The Tactician (Robin)

Soldier: Nephenee

Pegasus: Caeda

Thief: Sothe

Archer Briggid

All classes are covered very well. I took out Soren and added Briggid.

Edited by Viewtiful_J

Viewtiful, I agree with this list for the most part, but I wanna make a suggestion if I may,

Dark Mage: Julius, could work as the 'teleporter' and/or the 'trapper' or the wreck your shit char

I wouldn't call Ashera the super sage per se, I'd say she'd be more like a boss type character, like Galactus minus all the suckiness, and I don't think it'd hurt to have an unblockable move or two, she is a goddess after all

With Sages and archers being the zoning characters... I don't know if it's just me, but I can see some of Lyn's moves being rekka

I would like to have one that plays like King of Fighters, with teams of three or four.

Or 3 with a striker. I already mentioned the fact I would like a blend of KoF with Melty Blood style gameplay :P

I would like to have one that plays like King of Fighters, with teams of three or four.

I'm not sure just how this would work, and how they'd set up 'default' teams (because, let's face it, they'd have to) outside of the FE7 trio. They'd need to balance out each game's groups so they had at least three reps per game.