If there was a Fire Emblem fighting game.

Jedi

I'm not sure just how this would work, and how they'd set up 'default' teams (because, let's face it, they'd have to) outside of the FE7 trio. They'd need to balance out each game's groups so they had at least three reps per game.

Eithe way works, really

If its the MVC type, you can mix and match any characters

If they made it a trio vs trio games, you can have something like this:

FE7 Trio

Marth, Hardin, Camus

Roy, Lilina, Sue

Ike, Boyd, Soren

Lyon, Ephraim, Eirika

etc

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Viewtiful, I agree with this list for the most part, but I wanna make a suggestion if I may,

Dark Mage: Julius, could work as the 'teleporter' and/or the 'trapper' or the wreck your shit char

I wouldn't call Ashera the super sage per se, I'd say she'd be more like a boss type character, like Galactus minus all the suckiness, and I don't think it'd hurt to have an unblockable move or two, she is a goddess after all

With Sages and archers being the zoning characters... I don't know if it's just me, but I can see some of Lyn's moves being rekka

I just was listing Ashera due to the fact that she can wield all magic. She would be a great choice for a final battle.

Lets see if KoF teams would work:

KoF teams: Bold means newly added

FE1-3: Marth, Caeda, Minerva

FE2: Celica, Alm, Zeke

FE4 gen 1: Sigurd,Deirdre, Finn

FE4 gen 2: Leif, Seliph, Julia

FE6: Roy, Lilina, Shanna

FE7: Lyn,Hector, Eliwood

FE8: Ephraim, Eirika, Innes

FE9: Ike, Soren, Elincia

FE10: Micaiah, Sothe, Nephenee

FE11-12: Kris, Katarina, Nagi

FE13: Chrom, Lucina, Robin

FE Legends Team: Anna, Tiki, Eldigan

Villains:

FE1 -3: Ghanref, Hardin, Medeus

FE4: Arvis, Aida, Reptor

FE4 Gen 2: Julius, Ishtar, Reinhardt

FE6: Zephiel, Murdock, Brunya

FE7: Nergal, Sonia, Brendan

FE9-10: Sephiran, Black Knight, Ashera

FE13: Walhart, Aversa, Gangrel

Edited by Viewtiful_J

FE Legends Team: Complete Approval

This is pretty solid, I like Innes' inclusion in FE8s team, and if for some reason Finn couldn't work, you got Cuan

Looking at this, I'd like to scuffle with the Villian team of either FE4G1 or FE6

Did you count FE4 Gen 2 and FE5 as the same?

FE Legends Team: Complete Approval

This is pretty solid, I like Innes' inclusion in FE8s team, and if for some reason Finn couldn't work, you got Cuan

Looking at this, I'd like to scuffle with the Villian team of either FE4G1 or FE6

Did you count FE4 Gen 2 and FE5 as the same?

Thanks. I had to think really hard who filled the last of the legendary team.

Innes is an archer so it made a lot of sense. He also appears to be a really popular character, which I had not thought out. And he actually contributes to the plot.

Yeah, I thought of FE4 gen 2 and 5 as the same, but now that I've though about it, I got a better solution:

FE4 gen 1:

Sigurd, Deirdre, Cuan

FE4 Gen 2:

Seliph, Julia, Ced (Any suggestions?)

FE5:

Leif, Finn, Nanna

I always thought it would be cool to see a fire emblem fighter that still played like a traditional fire emblem game. But, when you use the attack option on the chapter map, you would control your unit and fight the enemy as if it were a fighting game. You'd only have a few seconds to fight before you're cut back to the map so you'd need to make it quick. Chapters would have to be shorter or more based on quick and simple strategies to make this work. But it would work great as a four player game, each person can play as two or more units that they can control. Overall I think it would be a blast if done right.

Edited by DomesticHausCat

I always thought it would be cool to see a fire emblem fighter that still played like a traditional fire emblem game. But, when you use the attack option on the chapter map, you would control your unit and fight the enemy as if it were a fighting game. You'd only have a few seconds to fight before you're cut back to the map so you'd need to make it quick. Chapters would have to be shorter or more based on quick and simple strategies to make this work. But it would work great as a four player game, each person can play as two or more units that they can control. Overall I think it would be a blast if done right.

Sounds a lot like Project x Zone haha.

A Fire Emblem fighter made by Arc System Works (they did made Persona 4 Arena happen after all, which I doubt anyone expected) would be a dream come true for me, though I don't imagine that ever happening. In fact, even a FE fighting game in general (whether it's made by a third party studio or not) is unlikely, seeing that:

-Wii U (safe to assume that's the console it would be on) doesn't attract the FGC much.

-Nintendo probably sees Fire Emblem as a niche series and wouldn't want to invest on such a project.

One can still dream though...