The best designed character in Awakening is Lucina.

amadeuscho

Taking gameplay out of your reasoning, who do you think is the best designed character in the game? You know, in terms of outfit, colors, hairstyle, overall look, etc. Best means what you look for in a good character design. Personality can influence your reasoning, as I believe a good design should reflect the character's personality.

Yusuke Kozaki deigned all the characters for Awakening, by the way.

Lon'qu, Lucina, and Gerome can't seem to stop tying! So, to truly settle the score, all will advance to ultra finale championship.

Lon'qu, the gynophobic heart taker, vs Lucina, the foreseeing time-breaker, vs Gerome, the not so happy masked maker!

Explain your reasoning in your post for each character you vote for in your post, if you can.

Let's see which design is best in all of Awakening!

polls close at 12 pm EST.

And the results are in! By a margin of one vote, Lucina defeats Lon'qu. Lucina has the best design in Awakening! Feel free to discuss the results!

Final Tally:
Lucina: 22

Lon'qu: 21
Gerome: 16

Results:
Round 1:

Male Parents Results

1. Chrom (5 votes [7.14%] - View)
  2. Robin (4 votes [5.71%] - View)
  3. Frederick (2 votes [2.86%] - View)
  4. Virion (8 votes [11.43%] - View)
  5. Stahl (5 votes [7.14%] - View)
  6. Vaike (0 votes [0.00%])
  7. Kellam (0 votes [0.00%])
  8. Donnel (2 votes [2.86%] - View)
  9. Lon'qu (15 votes [21.43%] - View)
  10. Ricken (0 votes [0.00%])
  11. Gaius (3 votes [4.29%] - View)
  12. Gregor (4 votes [5.71%] - View)
  13. Libra (1 votes [1.43%] - View)
  14. Henry (8 votes [11.43%] - View)
  15. bullet_star_rated.png Basilio (3 votes [4.29%] - View)
  16. Gangrel (3 votes [4.29%] - View)
  17. Walhart (2 votes [2.86%] - View)
  18. Yen'Fay (1 votes [1.43%] - View)
  19. Priam (4 votes [5.71%] - View)

Female Parents Results
  1. Robin (4 votes [5.71%] - View)
  2. Lissa (1 votes [1.43%] - View)
  3. Sully (0 votes [0.00%])
  4. Miriel (0 votes [0.00%])
  5. Sumia (3 votes [4.29%] - View)
  6. Maribelle (9 votes [12.86%] - View)
  7. Panne (1 votes [1.43%] - View)
  8. Cordelia (10 votes [14.29%] - View)
  9. Nowi (1 votes [1.43%] - View)
  10. Tharja (1 votes [1.43%] - View)
  11. Anna (6 votes [8.57%] - View)
  12. Olivia (4 votes [5.71%] - View)
  13. bullet_star_rated.png Cherche (12 votes [17.14%] - View)
  14. Say'ri (1 votes [1.43%] - View)
  15. Tiki (12 votes [17.14%] - View)
  16. Flavia (2 votes [2.86%] - View)
  17. Emmeryn (2 votes [2.86%] - View)
  18. Aversa (1 votes [1.43%] - View)

Children Parents Results

1. bullet_star_rated.png Lucina (23 votes [32.86%] - View)
  2. Owain (1 votes [1.43%] - View)
  3. Inigo (8 votes [11.43%] - View)
  4. Brady (5 votes [7.14%] - View)
  5. Kjelle (3 votes [4.29%] - View)
  6. Cynthia (3 votes [4.29%] - View)
  7. Severa (4 votes [5.71%] - View)
  8. Gerome (9 votes [12.86%] - View)
  9. Morgan (M) (2 votes [2.86%] - View)
  10. Morgan (F) (3 votes [4.29%] - View)
  11. Yarne (1 votes [1.43%] - View)
  12. Laurent (1 votes [1.43%] - View)
  13. Noire (4 votes [5.71%] - View)
  14. Nah (3 votes [4.29%] - View)

Results:
Final Round 2

1. Lon'qu (9 votes [17.65%])
  2. Virion (1 votes [1.96%])
  3. Henry (3 votes [5.88%])
  4. Stahl (1 votes [1.96%])
  5. Chrom (0 votes [0.00%])
  6. Cordelia (4 votes [7.84%])
  7. Cherche (2 votes [3.92%])
  8. Tiki (1 votes [1.96%])
  9. Maribelle (1 votes [1.96%])
  10. Anna (3 votes [5.88%])
  11. Lucina (9 votes [17.65%])
  12. Brady (2 votes [3.92%])
  13. Severa (2 votes [3.92%])
  14. Inigo (3 votes [5.88%])
  15. Gerome (9 votes [17.65%])
  16. Noire (1 votes [1.96%])

super, ultra finale championship

1. Lon'qu (21 votes [35.59%])
  2. Lucina (22 votes [37.29%])
  3. Gerome (16 votes [27.12%])

Edited by Viewtiful_J

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Henry was really well designed based on his clothes, I think it's a really... "unique" fashion sense. But I'd really have to say Gregor, since the mercenary outfit has always been amazing, imo, in all of the FE games.

As for the females, I feel like there were so many "pretty" characters (not saying any are ugly), but it's really hard to decide between Maribelle, Sumia and Cordelia. Maribelle has really pretty hair, though I've never really like curly hair. Sumia reminds of my friends hair, and her brownish-grayish hair looks really nice. And I've always liked straight hair, but I've never seen REAL red-haired people. But I think Cordelia has the nicest outfit out of all of them. Her entire look is red-based, and it looks pretty, imo.

Sumia does have the same outfit as her, but since ALL of the classes have the same outfit (just different colors), I'd just go by the colors that were used.

For the children, I'd say Kjelle, since her hair looks nice. I've really never liked short hair, I've always loved having long, LONG hair, but it just works for Kjelle.

Her myrmidon / swordmaster outfit looks really good on her, and I think it makes her look like a model. For the other children, I think Severa has pretty hair, and Owain is all right, I guess.

Edited by Carter

Virion pulls off the regal look much better than anyone else, so he gets my vote.

I like the pegasus knight's armor, but Sumia's clashes with her hair colour IMO, so Cordelia.

And Brady because he makes every part of himself look the way it is for specific reasons, which is admirable in a way.

Gaius, but Lon'qu, because myrmidon, Frederick, that IMO is the only character that actually looks good as a GK, and Nick Fury Basilio come pretty close.

For the girls, Tharja because DAT HAIR, Cherche and Flavia are some of my favorites too.

For the children batman Gerome has my vote but I like Morgan(F), specially with black hair, Brady and Nah for not being a child with slutty clothes like her mother

Edited by Tonton

Male parent choice was the hardest for me,I really like both Gaius and Lon'qu as well as Donnel,but my vote had to go to Henry,he was very memorable,as well I've always had a personal bias for him.

Female parent choice was easy,although Cordelia was pretty,I had to go with who I married in Awakening,Olivia ._.

Children was a hard choice,Severa has always been a great unit,Inigo for being my "son",Morgan (F) for godtier,but Gerome since I have a similar name to him (Jerome)it gave me the best reason to choose him.

For the guys, I suppose I would pick Chrom for the best design. I'm quite fond of his one sleeved shirt, I find it stylish, and the color scheme of his outfit (dark blue and white) is easy on the eyes. Honorable mentions go to Libra and Gangrel.

For the girls, it's pretty obvious I would pick Sumia. I really love her hair color and style. I personally like long hair the best, and I'm also so sick of all the red, blue and green hair styles for all the characters, so a nice natural color was nice. I also adore her outfit. I really like the color purple, but I also like that it manages to make her character look really feminine and gentle. Honorable mentions go to Say'ri and Olivia.

For the children, I'd have to say Lucina. I honestly wasn't impressed with the majority of the children's designs, but I like Lucina's outfit. Capes, tiaras and long hair tend to look cute imo. Honorable mention goes to Inigo.

Edited by Sumia

LIBRA is by FAAAAAAAAR the best designed character.

For females, I voted for Anna because she's just great like that.

For kids,I voted for Gerome because he looks like BATMAN. I am kind of biased towards Brady, tho.

Male Parent: Henry, from a pure aesthetics standpoint I'd say I like his ever-present smile, and his cloak. Mostly his cloak. I have a bit of a thing for cloaks :P: . Personality-wise I like that he gets all protective (even if he does go into slaughter/vindictive mode in the process), and he's pretty quirky.

Female Parent: Maribelle, because she looks and acts the part of a haughty noble...true to her role and all that.

Child: Morgan (F), because she's always so happy. Also fairly quirky like Henry, and overall just seems like a go-with-the-flow type of person.

Tiki's getting most of the votes?

wohoo tits seriously, guys?

Right?

Anyway, my answers.

Virion gets my (obvious) vote for best First Gen Dude Design. His design is basically this:

15649ir.png

Which is awesome. Very awesome.

Cherche gets my vote for Best First Gen Lady Design. Shes got some mad fashion going on and her wyvern neck thingy coupled with the headband is just cool.

Lucina gets Best Second Gen Design. Shes very striking and functional. I like how shes more conservatively dressed and ready for battle.

I went with Chrom for the male character design. There is a nice sense of repetition of colors in the outfit. The gloves match his left leg, his has hair matches his body, his cape matches his left shoulder pad, etc. Additionally, his gloves make sense in my head due to his tendency to break things, so that's a nice touch.

I enjoy Cherche's design the most out of all the female parent designs. I love the touches to her cleric past as seen on her head, and she has a sense of vulnerability as well as strength. There is a poise to her pictures. Her outfit has a nice wyvern theme to it, so you know right off the bat which class she is.

I think Lucina's design is the best of all because there is a great sense of functionality to it. She is well guarded in her outfit but still she can move quick, and it isn't as revealing as other characters. Her design balances femininity with utility. There is great repetitions of colors. Her outfit has a dark blue theme, but their are somenice touches in the design. Her blue hair matches the outfit. Her gold headband matches with the golden armor. And her red sheath goes with the underneath of her cape.

Also, interesting note. Yusuke Kozaki, the artist who designed the characters, had this to say about who his favorite character was:

"Lucina. "Fire Emblem" was already a famous series to begin with. I was designing characters based on what came before, but I've also had the opportunity to put my interpretation into it. Lucina is memorable to me because she felt like she was truly a Yusuke Kozaki-"Fire Emblem" collaboration.
http://multiplayerblog.mtv.com/2013/09/16/qa-with-fire-emblem-no-more-heroes-character-designer-yusuke-kozaki/

Very interesting line of thinking. Lucina does feel like the best of the Kozaki and Fire Emblem worlds in terms of her design.

...I'm really surprised that I'm the only person to vote Frederick and Nowi. Frederick's design is one of the things I love about him. The first time I ever saw him, I was like "Wow, he's CUTE. :D He's got some kickass armor too!" I'm not real crazy about strands of hair that long hanging in front of the ears on a male character, but somehow it's grown on me for Freddy. I guess I just wound up falling so in love with him that I couldn't care about that anymore. :3 But Frederick's armor looks SO cool and he's just the kind of guy I'd generally always be attracted to. Tall, dark haired, and hunky and muscular. :wub: Oh, did I mention I also dig his white shirt and bow tie? It looks good on him! And I've always liked bow ties in general. lol

I think Nowi looks absolutely adorable even though her outfit looks more like it should be a swimsuit. I find it cute anyway though! It was hard for me to decide on a female, I love several designs for Female Avatar, and I like Cordelia, Sumia (not joking here), Cherche, and Olivia's designs.

Favorite second gen design is definitely Inigo, followed by Gerome. Inigo is just hot, especially with Chrom's hair color, and Gerome always reminded me of Nightwing (a DC hero that was also called Robin, but he changed that) because of his awesome design, and Nightwing is awesome too. ^^

Not surprised at how many people like Lucina's design. I already knew a lot of people liked it. Hers is still one of my least favorites though.

Edited by Anacybele

I like Gangrel's design.

As for females, Anna but I don't really like any of the females designs too much.

You would think that if Lucina didn't want to draw attention to herself, she wouldn't go around masquerading as Marth but whatever. Gerome is better anyway,

Henry is my favorite male parent design. Tights and a short sash/skirt thing I can't quite describe it, but I really love the look of his outfit.

I think Maribelle has the best design out of all the female parents. D: A female troubadour who is actually wearing proper riding gear, including PANTS. A freakin' miracle.

Finally, I think Lucina has the best design out of all the children. Viewtiful Joe put it far more eloquently than I could ever hope to say, but there it is.