Fire Emblem Battle Royale (Interest Check)

Light12x

I'm sure that most of you on SF are used to long and drawn out roleplays with lots of character development, story-driving conflicts, and your typical red and green cavaliers in the early game.

For those of you who would like a change of pace, or just like boasting your tactical prowess, I present to you:

Fire Emblem: Battle Royale!

Battle Royale is a storyless, combat driven roleplay, where players will be able to use their own custom Lords and armies to wage wars with and against other players in the game engines that make Fire Emblem one of the best strategy game series of all time. Many key features of Battle Royale include:

- Strategic and turn based combat with armies controlled by each player.

- Create your own army leader "Lord" unit with customizable appearance, asset/flaw, weapon choices and reclass/promotion options. Even reset your custom unit to try other builds.

- Smooth blending of both GBA era and 3DS era game mechanics with original ideas, skills, classes, weapons, etc.

- Use of actual maps in the posts, along with unit sprites, map icons, movement arrows and tile shading for danger areas, all inspired by GBA era games.

- Dynamic game-types both new and old to FE games such as Rout the Enemy, Rout the Commander, Capture the Flag, King of the Hill, and even Turn Survival and Wave Survival, with more to come.

- Up to 4 players at a time: play in duels, teams, co-op modes, and free-for-all's!

- Match-Making upon request: Be able to set up grudge matches with other players, or be set up by game-type preference with other players.

- Very low barrier-to-entry allows players to join/drop out at any time, even after the RP has started.

- Record tracking: I will recording records of wins/losses, unit levels, stats and exp, item acquisition, gold, and other stats for each player to carry over between battles, letting your army grow in numbers and strength with each battle.

Like I said before, there is no story for this roleplay, no character development, etc. BUT, if you as the players want to create a story to go along with the grudge matches that I will be hosting, then by all means do so, as long as the premise or flow of the plot does not conflict with the system I've set up for this.

I am also encouraging any ideas you guys have for new classes, skills, game-types or other mechanics. They won't be taken for granted but I will give consideration to any suggestions made.

With enough interest, I'll supply an OOC with everything you need to know about how to create your character, charts with class information, skills, and how to use your units in battle with the Command System I designed.

I wouldn't mind trying this out. I am a little wary on how the map is going to work. Messing around with all of that in Paint can be a pain.

I wouldn't mind having a short story for each match.

I have a tile-maker program, and sprite sheets with all the map tie sprites from all 3 GBA games, and sprite sheets for every possible color of every possible unit. I could even show you and share the files if you want.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...