Which GBA Myrmidon/Swordmaster is your favorite?

Fire Emblem Fan

Which GBA Myrmidon/Swordmaster is your favorite?  

334 members have voted

1. 1. Which GBA Myrmidon/Swordmaster is your favorite?

• Rutger
    • Fir
    • Guy
    • Karel
    • Karla
    • Joshua
    • Marisa

Rutger, Guy, Fir, and Marisa are pretty good and have some good supports(Rutger X Clarine, Guy and Matthew, Marisa and Gerik, and especially Fir X Noah, but I'm going with the very smooth & classy, Joshua.

Joshua isn't broken like Rutger, but he still is pretty potent!

Also, character wise, while a gambler, he's pretty honorable. Also, the fact he left home so he could understand the common people more so he could a better leader also earns a lot of respect in my book because that shows just how much he cares. And his support with Natasha......it's real good stuff( and it's cute and I deem it canon).

fe_jhosua_and_natasha_by_matsuoboro-d4h0

Oh, and as for Karla and Karel......I never got Karla(because I'm always using Dorcas and never really use Bartre) and Karel......I don't think I got him either( but even if you do, I think I remember reading you get him for only 5 or so chapters then he's gone afterward).

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rutger easily since he and Milady carried my FE6 team. Joshua is also pretty cool in my book.

I've always liked Marisa's character as well as her sexy design, but I've never found her to be at all that useful from a gameplay perspective.

• 2 weeks later...

Fir. My reasoning is extremely poor this time. She's cute, and I like her color-pallet. Nothing else really, won't pretend she's well-written, or worth using over Rutger. I like all the myrms though, I use them often, even Karla about every 4 playthroughs.

• 3 weeks later...

I would rank (not necessarily by gameplay or personality) as follows:

Joshua >> Karel (FE7) > Marisa > Karla > Guy

Unranked: Fir, Rutger, Karel (FE6)

Joshua has great stats, an awesome design, a likeable personality, and an interesting backstory. IMO he's one of the best units in Magvel.

Karel is strong from the moment you get him, and I like the idea of playing as a dude who's kind of dark and disturbed.

Marisa certainly isn't bad, I like the pink hair. When I've used her before, though, I've made her an assassin.

Karla is one of those "I wish you were better" units. I used her once, and she did okay with Afa's Drops.

Guy, I've never been able to connect with. His ponytail and visor are cool I guess. Maybe I should give him another chance.

The other two-and-a-half are unranked because I never used them.

Also, even though he's not on the list, Lloyd Reed is one of my favorite villains in all of FE.

• 2 weeks later...

Karel,because his story arc in Elibean Nights was pure gold.And I don't like using swordmasters on GBA much,but he was still pretty reliable and good

Edited by Ace Pelleas

• 2 weeks later...

My favorite swordmaster from the GBA games is Karel, without a doubt: in FE7, he is different from the others characters in the game, since he joins you only because he wants to find new powerful opponents, has a very dark backstory and an interesting characterization. In FE6, however, he is a new man: he is now a kind, old and wise man that cares about his nephew and his brother-in-law. Joshua and Rutger are very close to him in the ranking tough: the first being both an awesome character and a great unit; the other being a misterious character, who is also a very good unit.

• 2 weeks later...

I voted Joshua, because he's always the one that turns out best, but Marisa is a pretty epic character too. Usually they both have great avoid but the myrmidons great downfall (str) usually wasn't that bad on Joshua. Same reason I prefer Edward over Zihark... that's not GBA, but in general doing crits is still less important than actually dealing dmg. And they all can double everyone anyway... (I never had swordmasters with bad speed)
Of course I also mention these two for their personalities, Joshua seems quite chill and talented, Marisa is... crimson flash...(need I say more? ) and hell her character design is probably still among my favorite for females, though I may be biased, I like badass characters.

Everyone says Karel is useless in FE 7.... I disagree. I think his bases carry him quite well. Give him a light brand, and he's pretty good, even in chapters like Sands of time.

Anyway, Marisa, hands down, is my favorite GBA Myrm/Swordmaster [swordmustard, as I've started calling them]

There's purpose and actual depth to her personality and who she is. As a unit, Strength is one of her biggest flaws, but that's how it is with all Female Swordmasters, Am I right?

Then, I guess 2nd would be Fir, 3rd would be Rutger for his 100+ Crit chances, and the rest are all a tie for me. 'Cept Karel. I like him slightly more than the rest.

Everyone says Karel is useless in FE 7.... I disagree. I think his bases carry him quite well. Give him a light brand, and he's pretty good, even in chapters like Sands of time.

I wouldn't say he's useless, but the big issue with him is that getting him makes you miss out on a superior unit. Also, the light brand isn't that good.

Edited by Levant Mir Celestia

What about old Karel? He's nothing like young Karel. I know you don't get to use him much, but old Karel is a lot of fun to level up even if just for a tiny bit.

Old Karel's supports with Rutger are some of my favorite in the series, it's a shame they are so hard to get. Old Karel is pretty okay right out of the box and thanks to how SM's are in general in BB he can be a pretty good fill in unit.

Rutger is always gonna beat Josh tho, simply for being in a game that requires a unit like Rutger and him filling that role in spades.

• 2 weeks later...

Joshua. Lyn takes up all the space I have for FE7 Swordmaster-type classes, and haven't finished FE6 to know enough yet. Joshua's got some nice story development and even went on a 5 something turn duel with Caellach one his own in my run through the game.

I wouldn't say he's useless, but the big issue with him is that getting him makes you miss out on a superior unit. Also, the light brand isn't that good.

Even setting aside Karel vs Harken, Brave Sword vs Wo Dao. Brave Sword is obviously more useful, Wo Dao can only be used by 4 characters, and has 10 less uses than Brave Sword, not even considering their actual uses in combat. Harken also gets HHM bonus. Not to say you can't use Karel if you want to, but he has a lot stacked against him.

In theme with this topic, I have only ever had Guy not cap speed once. He only made it to 24. But at the same time he made it to 20 def. Happened on a cartridge, years ago. Kept the link arena team on the cart for so long as proof, but the cart wiped itself after freezing on 7x, so now I only have my memories of super-tank Guy.