Bly's topic of stuff

blyegg

• Replies 354
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A for effort?

hehe

So many villages. Could give an advance wars feel, rushing for them. Otherwise, it seems like it'd be a bit repetitive to play.

yeah, fair point.... then again so is the original

That is a sexy map, Idk what the starting point would be though. Maybe the bottom castle?

thanks! i would think either that or the rightmost one, heh

-----

XdeZoUr.png

and for this next one,

Franziska von Karma
"I'd do a mountainous map with forts scattered around and some villages in clustered areas
and a castle
at the top
Oh, and some shops"
2plKD4r.png
Edited by Bky

Terrific snow map, bud. Looks like it'd suit a defend style seeing the armoury and vendor are near the castle.

The second map is simply but well-done. Something I'd see would be fitting for the first chapter of a second arc in a story. I think the stairs next to the throne room look a little weird though. Maybe it's a tile too high? I dunno, I know what you're trying to do but there's something I can't put my finger on about it.

Edited by Rhayader

• 1 month later...

So, I've been playing Terraria lately, and I think that counts as Spriting

[spoiler=plsunderstand]4ja8RMb.pnglCyflNa.pnguEMipWD.pngKxIUxpi.png4K2F0xw.pngmXZS2z0.png

and a wip

fPb389F.png

FUNNY STORY HERE. So I was making a shack in the desert but was frustrated I couldn't do it, so I just bombed it, and that gave me the idea to just put meteorite and living wood blocks on it and make it some sort of crash site. When I checked this morning, a meteorite crashed into it! (I had left the server up after everyone had left, and we did smash shadow orbs that day)

These were all things I either took a part in building or built myself, btw

@Truck @Rosemary Thank you guys!

Idk what Terraria is but your images look very good and clean to me.

Also I love how FE8 palace maps look much fancier than FE6/FE7. That's a small and pretty map too although a bit strange that chests are lying around unlocked rooms. I bet they're traps.

Idk what Terraria is but your images look very good and clean to me.

Also I love how FE8 palace maps look much fancier than FE6/FE7. That's a small and pretty map too although a bit strange that chests are lying around unlocked rooms. I bet they're traps.

I quite enjoy checking out your maps. Makes me wanna learn/practice them myself. :)

Very nice variety.

Thank you both :D Terraria is only the best game ever, not missing out on much

new map ouo

yc9ZQut.png

Give me your mountain-creating prowess right now! (I struggle so badly trying to make them look great. I finally do succeed in some instances, but only after much frustration. lol)

Your forests feel a bit too blocky and clean. Specifically that one in the middle. RL forests usually grow in random patterns with random amounts of thickness. I know it's hard to put that into square-shaped tiles sometimes, but a few 3-tree tiles scattered around the middle forest should do the trick.

Edited by BlueLeafeon

• 1 month later...

Well, the square patch in the center is definitely suspect. I would just remove that and extend the path coming out of the lower left. You could also widen the paths (the right too) a little bit more. Also, the left most wall is not the same height as the wall it intersects. Maybe also play around with the darker grass more so that it doesn't look speckled.

• 1 month later...

LpiJUqf.png

5CKTe5G.png

uuugh i never have time for this shit these days

for the first one i had to have 4 houses, 1 village, and 2 castles, 20x20

Edited by Blyvern

• 2 weeks later...

time commitments suck.

But that said I think you still got it ;)

Wow! That first one is awesome. I love the sandy beach very very much!

thank you guys :D

uKS0FGD.png

Before I made this, me and my friend had to go through the messy fe2 tileset and organize everything ;;

tzbqHWw.png

i suck at village maps so ... yeah

• 1 month later...

Looking nice and clean. :)

Last village map, maybe could do with some more variety/spacing so things aren't in horizontal rows?

Or uh maybe just throw some more trees and other things in to break things up? :o

Edited by ErrantShepherd

The design is pretty cool but I feel like the palette needs to be a bit... brighter? To match GBAFE colours.

• 2 weeks later...

[spoiler=¯\_`~`_/¯]unknown.png

cause me and my friends were messing around with the fe map image importing tool and i did one of these and someone said to make a playable version so here we are

¯\_( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)_/¯
Edited by Blyvern