Bly's topic of stuff

blyegg

• Replies 354
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, Lenh you should calm down, why is everyone so defensive on here, I literally just see people cry about dumb shit on here 24/7. "wahhhh you didn't detail every single aspect of your post to perfection so I am going to cry about it!" And I only wanted to use one, the very first one, the girl with the blue hair, I need a blue haired female sage. And Bky I will pm it to you.

durandal, lenh is just trying to tell you that you're making yourself look bad by just asking for things instead of making helpful comments...it's not about anyone being too desensive/sensitive. also the way you're asking for work doesn't really excite people to be part of your hack because since you don't explain why you want the sprites it's like you're just throwing it in the game without any real plans. lenh is trying to say something helpful for you so please don't be so hostile, mmk?

durandal, lenh is just trying to tell you that you're making yourself look bad by just asking for things instead of making helpful comments...it's not about anyone being too desensive/sensitive. also the way you're asking for work doesn't really excite people to be part of your hack because since you don't explain why you want the sprites it's like you're just throwing it in the game without any real plans. lenh is trying to say something helpful for you so please don't be so hostile, mmk?

Sorry Hoshi and Lenh. I was just in a bad mood, and when I originally posted the request, I was really tired, so I didn't think about explaining why I want it, I actually want it for my 2nd most important character. Also Bky I love your sprites. Obviously lol

• 2 weeks later...

so back from dusneylind (i have been for a while but lazy)

i feel like you should put mapping in the topic title, since it's art but different than spriting (unless you made your own tiles)

i think that new map has a bunch of thickets, not forests. i think flying people are the only ones who can cross over them so....if we start on the left side of the map we'll be stuck! lol

but sometimes splicing? idk

and oh well not like i was going to use it xD now at least i know in case that tileset is used again

Soo I'm just pointing out things I think look off/weird map by map, but all of them looks really cool overall.

-snip

Obviously I don't expect you to go and fix all of these just wanted to point them out.

I'd say I'd fix them but... I probably won't, because im too lazy to go back and edit them now ;w; so ima move on but take mental note of these and hopefully not fukup the same ways again

The dual ship map caught my eye, it's very cool. I thought of it as a route-split map depending on the boss you kill or seize on either ship you take their ship and leave.

ty; originally the idea in my head was start from left ship, right ship will arrive later, but this would be a more interesting approach

OMnxafS.png

(restriction: 20x20 or less, it ended up being 17x20, at least for right now until i figure out the fuck i should put on the right. time to study real maps, gr8)

this next one i started before i left to disney, came back, ???'d, and just went with it

pPX3gso.png

do you even

yeah i dont even either

Edited by Bky

try not using the river tiles only and using cliff tiles instead; typically i'll only use rivers if the water is only 1 tile wide

something like this

will do probably tomorrow

What a nice map!

thx~

meanwhile - i try

i fail

i cry

GNc0VYP.png

I dunno how you fail when its not shaded yet. Curious to see what that battle sprite turns into. (I mean yeah, could likely do with some fixed proportions... But its too early to call it a fail. ;p )

Making a Fire Emblem map based off of Route 22 is clever... I originally wasn't quite sure if that was what you were doing or not in the earlier versions... XD

Its turning out really nice. Good work, cool concept... Think you may do more map reinterpretations based off of other classic game maps/settings?

aaah, always a fan of maps based off other maps from other games! :D

I like it! I also like how you added the little village at the top, it looks cute x).

~ (yay)

RYz6dRk.png

edit:

URk3b9j.png

idonteven

spliciiiiiiiiiing is hard

-MIDNIGHT (and 24 min) EDIT-

kLA2Zko.png

Edited by Bky

aren't you glad i told you to try making an fe map of places in other games? <w<

i'm doing the same thing but it's a really big map from a 3d game....also, mountains PLS

i love the splice but i think the smoothness on the trims in a little too hard...and that's mostly fe6's fault not yours lol.

aren't you glad i told you to try making an fe map of places in other games? <w<

i'm doing the same thing but it's a really big map from a 3d game....also, mountains PLS

YEAH I AM <3

butiprobablyshouldtrya3dgamesoonlikeisaidiwouldoriginallyanddothatfuckingkhmapalreadygrr

also lol @ 2nd part

- - -

finished the splice -

wjHg9Fr.png

and new map with like some requirements -

10 rooms max

1 room has to be "cell" or "jail cell" (the elevated room with the brick or whatever it is floor)

1 room must contain 1 chests (this and the above room must be locked)

2 stray chests

size must be 31x24

[spoiler=letspretendthatheighterrorneeeeeeverhappened]sdPPEml.png

jSVIn6M.png

Edited by Bky

iqJ0e7B.png poison lance?

[spoiler=and tiny map update]aBkMZVf.png

later edit: i made some ice tome sprites

Poison LanceiiKVeYs.png

E - GfQwn9P.png D - kdoOtu1.png C - 9qR3tzE.png B - MwnhTEY.png A - SNSZgg3.png S - H7CMg4Y.png

Edited by Bky

I'm pretty sure this wall:
bb291442d7328ca3227375669ae49252.png

Needs to be one tile higher. cause you go up 2 levels and it's still there but it's only 2 levels high.

98766231919832e8ff34d05819dd7712.png

Same here, you go up one level and the wall stays 2 tiles high. And this isn't WRONG, but that random dark blue tile in the middle of the light blue tiles looks a bit weird IMO.

The poison lance looks cool, though it looks a bit too... high class or fancy maybe. I can't imagine bandits using this lance, but if say the Red Viper (From GoT) was using it then it would be perfect IMO.

Edited by Matt Snow

The mug is cute, he sort of reminds me of Leonardo from Radiant Dawn. I like puzzle-looking seize maps, it looks very good!

Yay, thanks~

I'm pretty sure this wall:

bb291442d7328ca3227375669ae49252.png

Needs to be one tile higher. cause you go up 2 levels and it's still there but it's only 2 levels high.

98766231919832e8ff34d05819dd7712.png

Same here, you go up one level and the wall stays 2 tiles high.

wat, these confuse me

otmCFDf.png (also update to map i guess im done)

[spoiler=no markings and shading fixes]AgYDYNi.png

And this isn't WRONG, but that random dark blue tile in the middle of the light blue tiles looks a bit weird IMO.

The poison lance looks cool, though it looks a bit too... high class or fancy maybe. I can't imagine bandits using this lance, but if say the Red Viper (From GoT) was using it then it would be perfect IMO.

oh thats a secret shop :S

and well, they wont be wielded by bandits, but are instead weapons given to a certain military force in my hack

also now i want to try and make the obsidian dagger and uh... the valryian steel sword... Longclaw is its name apparently lol :S...working on sword icons atm though so maybe after that ill try my hand at them

Edited by Bky