blyegg

• Replies 354
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

From a first glance, the face seems very awkward, at least in my opinion, on the head. Just doesn't seem to work, though I suppose I could be wrong on that point.

However, eyebrows need some work, also the strand of hair that falls over the cloak on the right side, our PoV, needs to be touched up and shaded appropriately or just removed outright.

• 1 month later...

Qt98FqU.png

I am extremely disliking getting back into splicing.

Not checked for colors/recolored yet, I'd rather fix shading first.

Although, color suggestions are welcome.

Looks like the eyes might need to be moved up a pixel but it's hard to tell with such a zoomed in image.

With the angle that his head is at, we should be able to see hair coming down on his right shoulder (not OPV)

There are some obvious bits where the hair is derpy e.g. the bit above his left eyebrow & at the back and there's that weird bit at his jawline that's been double shaded or something

Two months... and!

8RAuVCJ.png

Left is mine (duh), right is the original map made by NOT ME #1. Mountains obviously not added yet.

I think mainly I should expand the map and make the river more curvy?

Edited by Blyvern

There should be a way to print a bitmap or something like that from whatever map editor you're using, so you don't have to tilespam. The waterfall location makes it seem like most of the lower map should be flooded. Besides that, definite improvements, but it still seems a bit...plain. No real easy (or easily explainable) fix for that, but there it is.

There should be a way to print a bitmap or something like that from whatever map editor you're using, so you don't have to tilespam.

I'm confused what's you're talking about...

Anyways, I hope this fixes the space issue?

IlNvOEJ.png

About the cave. I thought about removing it, but people over on IP.Chat suggested I keep it. This is the game-plan for it ATM:

64Xjjz6.png

EDIT:

PlvqgEe.png

Same layout, except top area is un-forested because the top village shouldn't be TOO hard to get to without being tedious

same for middle forest, except its not only yhe above, but it looked weird to me

the bottom area got more forest to try and get people to go through the mountan and the ledge and battle the bandits and not just village -> boss but a'dunno

Edited by Blyvern

Right now you're screen shotting your maps. There are ways to print make bitmap files (an image type) from mappy (which is what I believe you are using), which will print only the map and not the surrounding screen. It's not a big deal, just a slightly neater presentation option.

I'd break up your cliffs a bit, they seem a bit long to be natural.

Right now you're screen shotting your maps. There are ways to print make bitmap files (an image type) from mappy (which is what I believe you are using), which will print only the map and not the surrounding screen. It's not a big deal, just a slightly neater presentation option.

Yeah I know but I don't bother xD I thought you meant it looks like it has tilespam

I'd break up your cliffs a bit, they seem a bit long to be natural.

0zHQazk.png

• 2 weeks later...

asdf

tLt4t5n.png

Also, someone tell me how to fix:

[21:28:33] Fateborn: his eyes looks weird as fuck

[21:28:44] Fateborn: It's like

[21:28:59] Fateborn: he's looking at a direction not possible for his head.

Also how can I better the chestplate?

[21:29:26] Fateborn: Neither [of the two chestplates I showed IP.Chaters]

[21:29:35] Fateborn: Left is objectively better though

Yeah, his face is on a different angle than his hair, and his hair is too hight up. You need to make sure the face angles match before putting the new one over the old. If you want to keep that face, you'll need to adjust his hair, ear, and head volume showing.

Alright I guess I'll go into more details.

Firstly, his head faces directly toward us, yet, his eyes, hairs are directed toward else where. I'd suggest using someone with the same direction for eyes, hair, and ear.

(Geese is good one to splice on to face. There are also few bosses of FE6 to use.)

Secondly, his armor isn't something you can really call original, it's just Heath's armor slapped on. Sure it's a good start, but try to make it less Heathy, and more You. (In style, not you-you lol)

Edited by Fateborn