Possible original character?

Jedi

The OC can be the bone of his sword without all the added package of being Shirou... because I wouldn't like that too much

I think it would be interesting to see an OC who can have both the aspects of a SMT character and FE character.

Or just bring their own specialness to the table.

I think it would be interesting to see an OC who can have both the aspects of a SMT character and FE character.

Or just bring their own specialness to the table.

A male character with a C rank in sword and a female character with a D rank in gun. Gun in SMT works just like sonic sword in FE so it's very simple. The male character is earth affinity which grants him earth element resist/immune while the female character is fire affinity. The character wont have demon in his party as the slots are for FE/SMT character. Instead, he can hold transform stones which will allow him to transform into a demon of his choice (ala mamkute style). He can also gain support from characters which will work like Persona dating sim system, an improved FE system. Now, he can also equip armor and a certain accessory gains him the immune to bonus damage from element or weapon (full guard lol).

I miss Hiroko.

Edited by Char

A male character with a C rank in sword and a female character with a D rank in gun. Gun in SMT works just like sonic sword in FE so it's very simple. The male character is earth affinity which grants him earth element resist/immune while the female character is fire affinity. The character wont have demon in his party as the slots are for FE/SMT character. Instead, he can hold transform stones which will allow him to transform into a demon of his choice (ala mamkute style). He can also gain support from characters which will work like Persona dating sim system, an improved FE system. Now, he can also equip armor and a certain accessory gains him the immune to bonus damage from element or weapon (full guard lol).

I miss Hiroko.

Sounds legit. You know something I wonder for the Smt people considering they use melee weapons and guns in conjunction I wonder if its more like Fe and Main Tense I if we will even have weapon ranks.

We still dno if its even a tactical rpg

I miss Hiroko.

The male character sounds like Serph from Digital Devil Saga, and the female sounds a bit like Argilla (same game as Serph), I like the affinity thing, start out with a resistance, then immune, then absorb, and finally repel it. Instead of using transform stones... give him Magatama if he's changing into a demon. Just do supports like Awakening, social links will break the flow of the game(SMT, remember) But I personally think that there won't be any kind of Support stuff or anything similar...

Your equipment sounds exactly like what equipment does, so I think detailing it is redundant, if not a bit needless

Never fear, Hiroko shall appear in SMTxFE or we will have blood

I am curious still if the fe and smt people will join forces, fight vs each other or against different protagonists in their own series due to events.

Smt does like making friends and former friends fight each other afterall

I wanna say they're gonna join forces, I imagine the game starting with Chrom/Lucina and Flynn or something... cuz I love prologue battles.

One of the characters I want to see in this game is Steven, aside from wanting Celice and stuff

In all of the crossover games I have ever played, they always join force to fight against some original opponents. May be not right from the start, but sooner or later, they will.

Edited by Char

• 1 month later...

Well now that Sega owns Atlus, I have no doubts we'll be seeing Original The Character pop up in SMTxFE.

Also there are as many topics as a game that doesn't even have any gameplay trailers deserves. Actually more, it deserves 0.

I think that an original protagonist will probably happen to prevent the fans from being all "Why isn't the protagonist from my franchise?"

Also, I'd say that gameplay trailers aren't necessary for us to discuss something. Speculation is fun and all.

As far as original character goes, I hope they just go with an Avatar type. SMT always has silent protagonists who are established characters, but are also meant to be self inserts of the player. The FE avatar is a similar concept, in spite of actually speaking, but also has the ability to be customized on basic level, like appearance, gender and starting stats. So, they should just make a customizable Avatar type the main original character.

I think that an original protagonist will probably happen to prevent the fans from being all "Why isn't the protagonist from my franchise?"

Also, I'd say that gameplay trailers aren't necessary for us to discuss something. Speculation is fun and all.

We don't even have basic information about this game though, aside from the brands involved.

Edited by NeonZ

Well, look forwards to upcoming Nintendo Directs!

I was still totally right about that Original The Character thing, Blonics! And his best friend Blails.

Edited by Refa

As far as original character goes, I hope they just go with an Avatar type. SMT always has silent protagonists who are established characters, but are also meant to be self inserts of the player. The FE avatar is a similar concept, in spite of actually speaking, but also has the ability to be customized on basic level, like appearance, gender and starting stats. So, they should just make a customizable Avatar type the main original character.

We don't even have basic information about this game though, aside from the brands involved.

I generally prefer the linear-style JRPG but I think SMT is like the exception, lol.

Yes, that only really makes it more fun to speculate about it, although they really should have released more information about it.

Well, look forwards to upcoming Nintendo Directs!

I was still totally right about that Original The Character thing, Blonics! And his best friend Blails.

I don't get the joke.

Is Blails a girl?

Don't forget the expert OC self-insert Refa and his psychokinesis, he can read minds and predict your moves, and he has telekinesis(telephonesis)

No, then you'd have both fanbases crying that the protag isn't from any of the franchises.

Is Blails a girl?

Don't forget the expert OC self-insert Refa and his psychokinesis, he can read minds and predict your moves, and he has telekinesis(telephonesis)

For the first one, sadly no.

For the second, YES. NEVER FORGET REFA.

No, then you'd have both fanbases crying that the protag isn't from any of the franchises.

Noone complained with Project X Zone, so I think it should be fine really.

Continuing off what Refa said no one complained with Namco x Capcom either with Reiji and Xiaomu.

Well, noone played it haha being one of those Japanese only games. I'm sure there are more examples though...I just can't think of them lol.

About classes : I think that if there is a MC you can customize, he will be from the class you choose, and Marth would be the only LordGreat Lord (other lords would be of the class they were in FE13), and the SMT1 MC would be from some ´´Summoner that promotes to Hunter`` kind of class.