Prime's Map Pack

Primefusion

Over the years I've made a lot of maps. Most of them now sit in a folder collecting dust, either having served their one-shot purpose or never even left their sorry prison.

Until today...

I present to you: The Map Pack.

What is The Map Pack?
The Map Pack is a collection of over 50 maps that I've made.
Many of them tried to strut their stuff on the competition runway,
but some I just made for fun and then let them sit.

Why should I care?

Inspired by Celice's map contribution to the community I'm releasing these to the world as free to use resources.
No permission is needed, you only need to give credit!
They're even open source so you can tweak to your heart's content!

Sample Screenshots

I'm not going to show pictures of all of them.

There's over 50 maps for Pete's sake.

But I will show a sample of what's inside.

If you want pictures of every map in the pack, I suggest downloading the gallery (Link below).

Sample Screenshots

Spoiler

NeoSFComp2_zps099f3765.png

SFRound24.png

SoSRound9Alternate-1.png

NeoSFComp6_zpsdab3c634.png

The Download Link

Get the Map Pack

Get the Gallery

Things you should know

These are mostly maps made in Mappy. There's a few I've done in Tiled but I've mostly used Mappy for these.
Sorry dedicated Tiled users. Speaking of Tiled users...
Those of you wondering how to view the Tiled maps might want to look at this topic.

There's a folder hierarchy. It goes like this:
Root
Program Used (Mappy or Tiled)
Game (FE6, FE7, or FE8)
General Tileset (Fields, Castle, etc.)

And finally...
I have a favor to ask of you, the user!
If you're going to use one of my maps, please tell me.
This is not intended to be a message asking for permission, I'm just curious about how useful folks find this resource.

You can either send me a PM or if I'm miraculously on Skype, hit me up there.
Either way, this part is totally optional and is mostly just for my curiosity so don't feel obligated to let me know.

With that said, enjoy!

Edited by Primefusion

• 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...

I've updated The Map Pack again with several maps. A lot of them are maps that didn't fit the needs of my project so they were ultimately replaced. There's also a couple of competition maps that I forgot in there, plus the finished product maps from my tutorials.

Current total: 55 maps

• 6 months later...

Hey, folks! Starlight36 was kind enough to take pictures of each map! I've added a link in the OP that will allow you to download a gallery containing a picture of each map.

I've also added two more FE6 maps under the Mappy category. One you'll find in the Snow folder, the other in the Western Isles Village folder.
Also, one other map was mistakenly filed under FE8 maps when it was really an FE7 map. This has been fixed.

New number of maps in the pack: 57.

This is a very cool resource... Although I have no current plans to make any hacks I do appreciate a well designed map. Kudos to you good sir.

...do have a question though.

NeoSFComp2_zps099f3765.png

...so in this map, are the areas above the rooms supposed to represent Roofs? 'cause for me it doesn't quite look right if that's the intent. (I realize you're limited to the tilesets, but still) Currently appears like some sort of platforms on top of the enclosed rooms... but even that idea seems a little odd with the heights suggested by the tiles around them.

If the same whiteish color was on the roof, and more of a tiled appearance on top, it might look more roof-like? ...I dunno, just my two cents.

Hey, folks! Starlight36 was kind enough to take pictures of each map! I've added a link in the OP that will allow you to download a gallery containing a picture of each map.

I've also added two more FE6 maps under the Mappy category. One you'll find in the Snow folder, the other in the Western Isles Village folder.

Also, one other map was mistakenly filed under FE8 maps when it was really an FE7 map. This has been fixed.

New number of maps in the pack: 57.

You should take up the mapping contests again! I'd be down for making some more open-source maps with ya, and the contest was a good place to get interested peeps around.

I do kind of miss the mapping contests. A lot of the maps in the pack are indeed from the contest. Though it seemed like interest was limited at best. There's just not enough of us map makers out there :(
If Skitty cat doesn't want to host it, I'd be open to taking it over.

• 5 months later...