[NOW BEING REMADE] Fire Emblem: Phantasmal Crest

ShadielTH

What chapter is the map going to be in? A big map for an early chapter can be really frustrating. Also, it is pretty bland if you ask me. There's also a height error with the waterfall. Please fix that too.

Also, that description fot the Light Mage makes no sense. At least in my opinion. If you've been blessed by a goddess, wouldn't you be invincible? Is she the only one blessed?

And lastly, why work on another project this early in this game's development?

Can't wait for the release though.

The map is on Chapter 2. Trying to balance it though, although you guys will be the ones to tell me if I should tone it down or not, same with the prologue and Chapter 1.

Tried fixing the map (for some reason I thought not adding light grass was a greeaaat idea). Perhaps this is better?

AsCwmWH.png

Also, tried to rewrite the Light Mage class description. Hopefully this is muuuuch better:

uEQpACV.png

Also, about the second project. Because if I run out of ideas for a while in this project, I can continue the second and viceversa. Also, I love giving myself more work.

Very much looking forward to this. Only problem I can see is that all the characters are recolours (Not an actual problem, just a pet peeve of mine). But this looks like a lot of fun!

Like I said in the OP, all characters are recolors because I have little to none spriting knowledge (honestly, you don't want to see my custom sprite attempts, you don't want.).

I'd love if someone could give me some help, though. But I guess no one is going to help a project which doesn't even have a patch yet.

Just some touchups you could do: Your colors have intensely varying amounts of saturation, stick to one era (FE6/7 or FE8) for colors in mugs. The battle sprite palettes look pretty saturated with very little variance between shades as well. I would make the map (or look for someone to make the map) have less straight lines/look more natural. No rivers are that straight. I'd check out prime's tutorial in spriter's resource.

Looks like decent amounts of progress, keep at it.

For the love of... I say "patch" and everyone posts en masse.

Just some touchups you could do: Your colors have intensely varying amounts of saturation, stick to one era (FE6/7 or FE8) for colors in mugs. The battle sprite palettes look pretty saturated with very little variance between shades as well. I would make the map (or look for someone to make the map) have less straight lines/look more natural. No rivers are that straight. I'd check out prime's tutorial in spriter's resource.

Looks like decent amounts of progress, keep at it.

While I know my recolors vary greatly in type, I try my best to not do that. I never thought battle palettes had that problem, gonna fix it in a while.

And the map... Well, I always have Prime's tutorial while I'm making it, but... Well, you see the results. Like I said above, I'd love if someone could help me.

Thanks for your support!

EDIT: Also, I forgot. When I have a patch ready I have to ask a mod for this to be moved into main ROM Hacking, right?

Edited by ShadielTH

Like I said in the OP, all characters are recolors because I have little to none spriting knowledge (honestly, you don't want to see my custom sprite attempts, you don't want.).

I'd love if someone could give me some help, though. But I guess no one is going to help a project which doesn't even have a patch yet.

I would offer to help if I wasn't equally bad at spriting. Maybe you could get help retroactively after the first few chapters are up.

Looks cool but:

-The map is way to big for an early game chapter

-The map needs some work, I can help you with that if you want

-Why is every character red

-Why don't you use portraits from FE6 and FE8, and from non-playable characters

Edited by Sairento

Looks cool but:

-Why don't you use portriaits from FE6 and FE8, and from non-playable characters

^ This. I think you should recolor FE6 and FE8 mugs too. In fact, you did it for one of the main characters, no?

Also, if you need spliced mugs or recolored mugs, just give me a PM.

Edited by PixelmanFE

So many posts, happy <3

Looks cool but:

-Why don't you use portriaits from FE6 and FE8, and from non-playable characters

^ This. I think you should recolor FE6 and FE8 mugs too. In fact, you did it for one of the main characters, no?

Also, if you need spliced mugs or recolored mugs, just give me a PM.

Yay, help! I'll contact both of you if I need anything, thanks!

And yes, Angela has a recolored Eirika portrait. I'll take in mind using FE8 mugs, but FE6... Well, you know, missing blinking frames and all that...

Also, the whole "all red" thing is what happens when you ask your friends for OCs and they give you colors as well. I swear the following characters won't be all red. I promise.

Edited by ShadielTH

So many posts, happy <3

Yay, help! I'll contact both of you if I need anything, thanks!

And yes, Angela has a recolored Eirika portrait. I'll take in mind using FE8 mugs, but FE6... Well, you know, missing blinking frames and all that...

Also, the whole "all red" thing is what happens when you ask your friends for OCs and they give you colors as well. I swear the following characters won't be all red. I promise.

Also with FE6 mugs, they are formatted differently than FE7 and FE8. Keep that in mind if you are ever using them.

*sees Manu's bases* Uh...the problem with a lot of early game archers is that their bases are lame and their growths sometimes don't do much to help. I'd buff his stats a bit, honestly.

Other than that, everything else looks solid. Claire is the best.

Hey there. Back with a semi-update!

Soo... I heard someone wanted a video? (Prologue)

I swear I'll have the next chapter soon, and I'll bring a patch up to that chapter (just so that I can get advice on gameplay).

• 10 months later...

Oh hello there, people of Serenes Forest. Haven't seen you all for a while.

... Yeah, I know what you're thinking (or at least I hope that you are). "What happened to the project?". Well, I can provide a quick answer for that: I gave up.

If it wasn't obvious already (it's been a year since the last update), I kind of gave up on this. At least, until now.

Ladies and gentlemen, I'm proud to say that Fire Emblem: Phantasmal Crest (formerly known as Phantomic Crest) is being remade as you are reading this.

I'm improved a little since I last was here, and I'm no longer afraid of doing more... "advanced" things, such as implementing ASM hacks.

The old screenshots will be kept in the main post until I can replace them with newer ones, but I'll be putting a little [OUTDATED] tag on them, so you all can known that I'll be updating them as soon as I can.

The data about classes and other things will be edited as well, as soon as I've got the chance (read: as soon as I finish inserting most classes).

Aaand... I haven't got much else to say for now. I just hope this time I won't give up on this.

I'll leave here a little video showing one of the most recent things I made.

I'll see you all when I have new updates~!

-ShadielTH

Edited by ShadielTH

Okay, so I literally just made an account so that I could comment on this. I love Fire Emblem, and rom hacks. This looks great! You should release it soon. One question... could I help with the sprites? I am okay at splicing and recoloring, and I want to practice! I can send you some, but you don't even have to use them! I just want to help! Thanks!

Okay, so I literally just made an account so that I could comment on this. I love Fire Emblem, and rom hacks. This looks great! You should release it soon. One question... could I help with the sprites? I am okay at splicing and recoloring, and I want to practice! I can send you some, but you don't even have to use them! I just want to help! Thanks!

Hmm... Can you please send me some of your work through PM? If I like it, I'll be glad to let you help with the sprites. Oh, and Welcome to the Forest and stuff.

Now, actual updates!

First of all, I'd like to show you all more than I'm gonna do today but... Let's just say I have a little problem with the Heal Staff that renders me unable to do more than this ATM. Sorry for the inconvenience.

So what is the update about today? Let's see...

1.- Classes!

When I started to do everything from scratch, I recalled a little post on the first page...

"Why not take a leap and make new classes for new characters?"

So I did exactly that. (Lack of screenshots ATM because of the reasons posted above, sorry).

First of all, I finished making not too long ago the Merchant class! (Familiar to anyone? Naaah...) A spear-wielding class that has little to no combat capability... At least until you level the character that has it. Yes, this means the Merchant is another Player-Only class, similar to the Mage Knight. For reference, it uses the Recruit battle animation from FE8.

More classes... Some enemies will be "hybrid" armor knights, that will have access to both swords and spears. Also, there will be a special "General" class that can wield every single physical weapon type.

2.- Items & Weapons!

Mainly weapons, but hey. First of all, Rapiers now have a special lock set on them, a soft lock. What I mean by this is that any (sword-wielding) class will be able to use a rapier... At B Sword Rank. However, the Prince & Princess classes are able to use it at E rank.

More things, I have yet to test this, but... I'm planning to include Magicreaver tomes. I don't have to explain how these would work, now do I? When equipped, these tomes will reverse the magic triangle. Simple, I know.

And finally... The Crystal Weapons! Basically, these are just special, limited-use weapons that you can get on certain circumstances. As of now, I have made the Crystal Sword, Spear, Axe & Bow. Perhaps I'll make a Tome too.

3.- Graphics!

There isn't much to say on this matter... Only that I've got Gabriel Knight's permission (well, they were free use, but just in case..) to use his weapon icons so... Yeah, that's that.

4.- Palettes!

Oh yeah. This is where I wanted to get. Basically, I've redone every single character palette, so hopefully they look better now. There will be in a spoiler, and there're more palettes included than those of the original player characters... So yeah. Here they are~

[spoiler=Palettes!]

Angela:

4bdc869a8904a115e62373386eda77d5.png

Willam:

82f69d6d0a5a14d0d34071c9d2ad039c.png

Paula:

adec877b9fa65759f69f3ba684fe510d.png

Shade (formerly Israel):

802e4d31b33e6f933b0e20eab583b030.png

Red:

50ae7ab8c2b921f7b4d7f4e30ba09719.png

Manu:

245f781151f89a78251c1da7a78f0c55.png

Kairi:

074141b4676a5f52923bb46aad5f194b.png(It looks weird, I know D:)

Xelles:

297ae0abe4d763b59280ed050109911b.png

Claxia:

e89981ea2aab30367aa4890edca7eede.png

Claire:

92515751f76f0918c08a732b8a26d0d9.png

[NEW CHARACTERS!]

Victoria:

029f498eaddcd0b109d041da5c60ac7b.png

Victor:

a435c14792a1ddd64d117f266518e7a8.png

Dyren:

72f13447cbbdc5dacd2938078e4e49e1.png

Linne:

5d2d4b1d0b4320d07e3e0285cf1f7c15.png

5.- Non-Finished Updates!

Two things go here. First, I've redone the chapter structure, so when I make screenshots of the prologue... It may or may not be different :3

And finally, I've been trying my hand at some music insertion and... Well. I can say that I'll be importing some songs, at least from other GBAFE games.

That's all for now, thanks for reading~!

Edited by ShadielTH