FEXNA (Currently In Private Beta)

BwdYeti

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, there's a change class event, and you can make it a promotion or just use it to switch classes (When I eventually finish FE8CM, and then my Sacred Contention remake, you'll be seeing this in action for Roguelike Emblem) but the only downside is there's no way to force an animation for the promotion, that I know of.

Considering it features batallions, it would have to allow the change of the main character. Logically, the leader of the batallion should be considered the "main" character of that map with the Seizing ability. Otherwise, a Seize map would be unbeatable if you split your team between multiple leaders.

It occurs to me that it'd be kinda interesting to be able to set who needs to Seize by map as part of the completion requirement rather than setting a specific lead character who always has to seize.

And I'd honestly be surprised if there wasn't a way to toggle whether or not a given character's death will result in Game Over.

Edited by Starlight36

Oh yeah, setting the main character is really easy. Really, really easy. It's not even a task. You can set multiple main characters, you can make a class the main character (seizing ability), you can add/remove via events, it's just not even an issue.

Toggling game over deaths is also a simple event too, just a heads up.

Edited by Klokinator

>I want to code something for you

>I don't want to do th thing you asked for

I have a C++ project coming up that's similar. Maybe I could take a crack at it if I have time in between and can reuse code

Actually Brendor, we've recently added a "Create game" button that makes full custom games from scratch. It generates maps, sprites, mugs, a full story, and you can even choose the length of the game with a simple toggle menu.

All for only $19.99.

Edited by Klokinator

Took me a minute to realize that was sarcasm.

Just a random question, but how much money is generally a good amount to donate to Yeti, and is the link on the FE7x website updated? I donated a small amount some time ago but I'm curious if Yeti has an amount that he would prefer not to receive (ex. a number too high)

I'm sure he'd prefer to receive a million dollars. That sure seems reasonable to assume to me, anyway.

If you want a serious answer, just donate whatever you feel like. The engine is in depth and I've donated a massive sum to make sure it gets released, so in my opinion it's worth a lot to the community.

Just a random question, but how much money is generally a good amount to donate to Yeti, and is the link on the FE7x website updated? I donated a small amount some time ago but I'm curious if Yeti has an amount that he would prefer not to receive (ex. a number too high)

So far I've donated what the released content is worth to me. I've played the shit out of the Trail maps, and played through the first 3 released chapters, and love them more than a lot of games I've paid for. So my decision was made by that comparison. I really should donate more, for the potential both the game and this engine have.

Actually Brendor, we've recently added a "Create game" button that makes full custom games from scratch. It generates maps, sprites, mugs, a full story, and you can even choose the length of the game with a simple toggle menu.

All for only $19.99.

It also reads your mind to know every detail you wanted to modify :p

But seriously, it will be a nice program to use and I'm not afraid to do some work to make want I want. I mean, I forced FEXP to make a prologue map the way I planned it, so I should be fine with a maker that's actually designed for FE, right?

>That moment when I realize Yeti's map tool has had procedural generation for years now and I never knew

[spoiler=Maps!]

9a533c4a9a56ddf5f679dfedeb28ad2c.png

b0263c8d9e88e256322e7d1cb28338fb.png

b5076d67e646ae6005dca02b893e773a.png

Sure, they have those black tiles, but if you're a good mapper you can just pop the correct tiles in there yourself. Not even hard.

Edit: I decided to put serious effort into it.

First, I placed down that village at the top left. Then, I placed some chests in the bottom right, as well as a wall piece or two. Then, I pressed the "repair" button. Generally, you can press "generate" to make a completely random map, but this pseudo-random map was a better fit for me. The Repair function basically fills in blank tiles, while ignoring tiles that are already filled in. Now, the map originally generated like so:

5135ffab2ffc3e3c810485fe386d400e.png

Pretty ugly, right? However, by manually filling in a tile or two, and then replacing whole areas with blank tiles and pressing repair, I went from this:

5cbc518877b62dafa5df52777ff43e1a.png

to this

fc54c8e9751750485d4a6358781b2157.png

I did a lot of repairing, manually fixing tiles, and etc, and I ended up with this masterpiece:

215d6c136d310f3c883860d6de7be7bd.png

So, what does this basically mean? No more... noob maps. Also, this program totally works with romhacking too, so new creators won't have to rely on abominations anymore.

Edit: Current version:

5d7ed2b959adc21b535cad3a554889b9.png

Edited by Klokinator