FEXNA (Currently In Private Beta)

BwdYeti

Out of curiosity, will FEXNA have full screen?

And, if I want to insert CGs into full screen FEXNA, what would be their size?

I don't think there would be a colour limit for CGs though.

You could have figured this out from actually trying FE7x, which runs in the right reso--\

Oh who am I kidding.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A hack made in FEXNA can be run in gba?

GBA is GBA, you know that.

FEXP is using the RPG Maker XP program to sorta fudge FE games. It's not exactly made to make those types of games, so it's very clunky. Also, it's unfinished, so there are lots of bugs.

FEXNA, however, is an engine that is modified specifically for making FE games.

Do a lot of people here have memory loss or something? This question was answered a page or so back as well.

Do a lot of people here have memory loss or something? This question was answered a page or so back as well.

Hidan is Russian, and his English isn't great. I suspect that plays into the comprehension.

Baldur is just...Baldur.

No, because you're looking to make a hack and FEXNA isn't hacking.

But seriously now, you either make a game from scratch with fexna, or you edit an existing game heavily, even to the point of no recognizability with rom hacking.

And making a game from scratch sounds much easier then an inexperienced hacker changing random bytes and praying the game does not melt down and crash

And making a game from scratch sounds much easier then an inexperienced hacker changing random bytes and praying the game does not melt down and crash

wrong wrong wrong

making a game from scratch is ridiculously more difficult then just editing an existing game; it actually requires a lot more than editing a rom

mainly because the existing game is already complete while the one from scratch is... not.

wrong wrong wrong

making a game from scratch is ridiculously more difficult then just editing an existing game; it actually requires a lot more than editing a rom

mainly because the existing game is already complete while the one from scratch is... not.

So FEXNA has the tools to create classes, but doesn't come with them?

If you're making a game from scratch, you still have tons of things like maps, mugs, text, enemy balance (stats/placement), if you just want to make something that equates to a minor rom hack, make a minor rom hack.

Other than custom animations, that's pretty much what I want to do. Down the road my idea might necessitate custom animations, but I guess it's on the big idea side of things.

It's less a 'ROM hack' and more "lots of people got really excited about making something and being able to properly contribute to the community".

The real question to be asked is: is there a way that we (or a single someone, at least) could get a copy of it so that we can begin hammering away and hoping for the best? The current fear is that interest in the project will die if we don't start proper work on it (beyond making mugshots, battle spritesheets, etc.), and FEXNA looks like one of the most effective and useful tools for that. The fact that it is in Private Beta, however, means that it would be difficult to work on something like this unless it was allowed to be used as of right now.

Thank you for your understanding in-advance!