FEXNA (Currently In Private Beta)

BwdYeti

Any updates on this? I know Yeti is spending more time on his game than the builder itself, but I haven't heard any updates on whether or not the builder is still being worked upon. Or maybe I've missed it?

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So is this completed?

Also is this the same thing as FEXP whete it's a mod for RPG Maker? Is this someone continuing work on FEXP or is it a new engine amd new project?

Not completed, no ETA. This engine is built on Microsoft XNA, so it's not a mod. It's its own program.

I think whatever programs you need come with FEXNA and/or Windows itself. I've run it on Windows 8 without a hitch, but I haven't tested it after upgrading to Windows 10. If you're on a Mac and are missing something you need to run the game, I wouldn't be surprised if they have what you need on Microsoft's website.

So... anyone knows how the project is going? (half-finished, not even close or almost finished?) Sorry if I write impatient.

proyect is not the dead.

(that is to say - it will be done when it is done and development hasn't really stopped, despite not knowing what's actually going on personally.)

Edited by Bedimal Eliwan

Would it be possible to implement summoners (Like in FE8), considering they summon new units onto the battlefield and all, I'm not sure how easy that'd be to code. And if so would it be possible to have them summon multiple units at once? (By this I mean while a Skeleton is on the field, they summon a Demon Wolf, not that they summon both at once, but that multiple summons can be on the field at once.)

Rigging a summoner with minor menu coding and some global events? Not too hard. "Properly" coding a summoner? Not the hardest thing in the world, but definitely going to take some work and looking around how many engine systems are handled and how to connect them, it won't exactly be easy to get working, but then variations like what you said would be relatively trivial.

I know, I know! How about implementing a way to program the game with both rngs. Let me explain; let's say I want to make a game with the original rng so it turns out to be more difficult, but then I want to make another game with the modern rng. Could it be possible?

Also, is there a skill system? If there is, are we limited to the skills we're given or we would be able to add new ones with programing?

EDIT: Will there be a branching system?

Edited by George Reds

Literally from the first post:

FEXNA_Class.png

Note the "Skills" region. Note the "Promotions" region.

I don't see any screenshots of the chapter select screen, but basically chapter progression can be whatever you want.

You can add literally anything with programming.

Edited by 47948201

The answer to pretty much any "Would it be possible to...?" question is yes; if you can program it, you can implement it.

Better and more productive questions might be, "How easy would it be to...?", or "How would I go about implementing...?"

On that note, how easy would it be to...

• ...consolidate all three Anima weapon types into a single weapon rank, while retaining the Fire>Wind>Thunder>Fire triangle? What's immediately coming to mind is adding three weapon properties that handle the nested triangle, but someone might know a better way to do it. (I want to use the two freed-up Weapon Type slots for Knives/Shuriken and Hoshidan-style spirit magic)
  • ...implement a Fates-style weapon triangle?

I'm mainly just curious if there would be any theoretical hurdles to consider that I should know about going in.

Also, would it be worth the effort to implement a Strength/Magic split or should I just cave and tweak the system to use Thracia-style Magic instead?

Edited by Topaz Light

To the former, I honestly have no idea. Yeti has redone how weapon ranks are handled since the version I have to make it easier, but I don't know exactly in what ways.

To the latter, very easy, it's editing one small config file.

To S/M split, my personal recommendation is don't bother. I'm sure someone else will do it though.