FEXNA (Currently In Private Beta)

BwdYeti

GBA is GBA, you know that.

FEXP is using the RPG Maker XP program to sorta fudge FE games. It's not exactly made to make those types of games, so it's very clunky. Also, it's unfinished, so there are lots of bugs.

FEXNA, however, is an engine that is modified specifically for making FE games.

I got it)Thank you for information!

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok. I have a few more questions. I am trying to put everything in one place:

1. Is it easier to insert custom made battle screens and stat sheets?

2. Can portraits change upon promotion?

3. How easy is it to insert map sprites and spells?

4. How easy is it to add new music and new SFX for spells and such?

5. Will custom made map tilesets work?

1. Should be
  2. If you can C# it, you can make it happen
  3. I would assume fairly easy? Klok or BwdYeti could give a better answer though
  4. See the answer to 3.
  5. Yes
Edited by Starlight36

1. It's somewhat easier, but it's more that it's 'different'.

2. Face sprites for non-generics can be changed at any time, though detecting the change on a promotion is not actually trivial, but it'd be one of the easier additions for someone to program. If it's a forced promotion it'd be much easier.

3. Pretty easy now, and I'm not even done messing with this part.

4. Very

5. Yes

I've got some questions as well:

1. Will there be support for post game activities? (i.e: Creature Campaign)
2. Speaking of post game, would it be possible to unlock secret characters after the game is complete? (i.e: Caellach, Selena, Lyon, etc...)
3. Would it be possible to have a sort of choice recruitment? (Like a menu gives you a choice of 3 units to recruit but you only get to pick one.)
4. Would it be possible to have BGM play through an entire chapter without changing for battle animations or Ally/Other/Enemy phases? (Basically one song for the entire battle.)

Actually, with some previous comments being said, are midis also possible to insert, for those that want to implement their own custom music?

Honestly, I would recommend synthesizing the music so you can insert it as a .ogg or whatever format the program likes best.

I've got some questions as well:

1. Will there be support for post game activities? (i.e: Creature Campaign)

2. Speaking of post game, would it be possible to unlock secret characters after the game is complete? (i.e: Caellach, Selena, Lyon, etc...)

3. Would it be possible to have a sort of choice recruitment? (Like a menu gives you a choice of 3 units to recruit but you only get to pick one.)

4. Would it be possible to have BGM play through an entire chapter without changing for battle animations or Ally/Other/Enemy phases? (Basically one song for the entire battle.)

If you can C# it, you can make it happen

As for recruiting characters post-game, I can't imagine it'd be that different, procedurally, from setting up recruitments during the main game.

Edited by Starlight36

I've spoken to Yeti at length about the current world map system and setting it up like FE8, where you can replay a Valni-like tower, have skirmishes, etc.

It's impossible without a lot of coding. Let's just get that out there right now. If you want it, be prepared to code like, everything and rewrite everything.

Edited by Klokinator

I've spoken to Yeti at length about the current world map system and setting it up like FE8, where you can replay a Valni-like tower, have skirmishes, etc.

It's impossible without a lot of coding. Let's just get that out there right now. If you want it, be prepared to code like, everything and rewrite everything.

But regular world maps like most FEs are easily done, correct?

Any estimation on when it should be released? (Like as in a day, a week, a month, 6 months, 10 billion years...)

Just give them they're time. I've been tracking fexp and fexna for a couple years I believe. They work on it, and they will release it, but I'd rather it take a long time and be good, than release it early and be hard to work with. Honestly, I'm just glad that they can keep a project like this alive for so long. Not many people have that kind of determination.

I have zero doubts yeti will finish it. Considering I see the changes and additions on a daily basis, I can safely say he works on it more than I work a job.

Why don't you marry him and live off his tenacity?