FEXNA (Currently In Private Beta)

BwdYeti

I would think XNA comes before 7x.

XNA is the groundwork of what 7x essentially is. And 7x won't be a small game. It's the same scale of an actual FE release. The first half of the game is stills a ways off completion apparently. Give it a couple years.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

XNA is the groundwork of what 7x essentially is. And 7x won't be a small game. It's the same scale of an actual FE release. The first half of the game is stills a ways off completion apparently. Give it a couple years.

But 7x is the whole reason XNA exists. It's WHY he's making the editor. He wasn't even gonna originally release an editor public at all, so I can't imagine he puts a lot of focus into giving us the editor before his work on the game.

At the very least, you won't see a fully finished editor prior to the game's completion, I'd have to think. And it already has private beta testers for the parts between now and finished...

Of course, I could be wrong

One more thing. Can I let characters join together to defeat enemies? Like for one enemy, if two people are around him, they three of them would talk, then they would both show up on the battle screen to battle. Kinda like in Awakening. But that is for particular people.

And how easy is it to event, and add secret events on maps?

One more thing. Can I let characters join together to defeat enemies? Like for one enemy, if two people are around him, they three of them would talk, then they would both show up on the battle screen to battle. Kinda like in Awakening. But that is for particular people.

So basically you want to implement a sort of limited-circumstance Dual system? I'd imagine that'd be sorta in the same vein of redoing the world map system. i.e: not really feasible at all without doing a ton of custom C# coding and recoding.

Not exactly. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I remember that Yeti stated that he was going to focus on the release of FE7x then he would start working on the XNA engine.

Regards.

Edited by RikuTheHedgehog

And what is the size of CGs in FEXNA? What is the max size it an be?

Also, how does battle spriting work? Same as GBA, I guess, when it comes to inserting, or easier?

Edited by Baldur45

And what is the size of CGs in FEXNA? What is the max size it an be?

Also, how does battle spriting work? Same as GBA, I guess, when it comes to inserting, or easier?

I don't know how many options there will be made readily available for changing the length and width, but you can check the size the 7x demos currently use.

Inserting battle sprites will be easier in all likelihood, and definitely not the same.

I get the impression sprite insertion is a matter of arranging stuff onto a sheet and having the sheet's file in the right folder... then you use an animation editor to tell the program what each animation is with a neat preview window you can see how it'd look in game.

How many times now have you asked about color limits? That's a serious question. You keep asking the SAME questions over and over.

Obviously the CG sizes will be the same as they were in FEXP, which is the size of the game window at 1x, which hasn't changed since FEXP as well. 320x192.

Now be sure and come ask the same question again in a month when you've forgotten.

Well, I see the project is advancing, great! Anyway, I wonder how many things the engine has now? How about the next release of Immortal Sword?

(and yeah, the same question is asked over and over again, need a topic where they're a list of all the stuff in there for no more things like that I think ^^)

I wonder how many times is needed for all the writing and co ; it must be a lot of time! Great job for this ;)

Edit: I wonder many things. What class and features from Immortal Sword are going to be available for us? (I'm a fan of Phalanx,Zweihander, Halberdier, etc.. ; class from this game are very good looking ^^ and for features, I'm thinking about the training thing)

Edit2: Oh, already asked for the class :/ (sad that some won't be in ^^)

Edited by Metakirby

You can use any size, but the suggested maximum is about 104x96. This is so they're not too tall for conversations and interfere with the word balloons, or too wide for some of the menus. (only PCs show up on these menus though, so enemies have more room for width)

1jI3okP.png Screen92.png 05qudzj.png

The code could be edited to work with larger images, but I could just as well say the code could be edited to make the game 1080p

Edited by BwdYeti

Out of curiosity, will FEXNA have full screen?

And, if I want to insert CGs into full screen FEXNA, what would be their size?

I don't think there would be a colour limit for CGs though.

How many times now have you asked about color limits? That's a serious question. You keep asking the SAME questions over and over.

Obviously the CG sizes will be the same as they were in FEXP, which is the size of the game window at 1x, which hasn't changed since FEXP as well. 320x192.

Now be sure and come ask the same question again in a month when you've forgotten.

The CGs will be the same size.

Edited by L95