FEXNA (Currently In Private Beta)

BwdYeti

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Royboy140 Member Since Yesterday, 02:13 PM

...2 posts total so far, including this one...

Pretty much says it all?

Royboy if you are actually serious and not a troll... please, actually read the threads a bit. The same exact question has been answered multiple times... I believe you can even find an example only 1 or 2 pages back at most... :\

Edited by TheErrantShepherd

Alright. I will Speak up now. Don't Expect much from FEXNA. Because it's still incompleted. Publishing things that are in WIP is bad Idea.

Look at FEXP... that engine is incompleted however you can work with it. Why FEXP isn't used by SF community? That's because FEXP is WIP. I am making Game using FEXP and by watching videos about FEXNA and talking with one of Beta tester of FEXNA I found out that FEXP have few functions that aren't wrking fine on FEXNA.(I don't know if that's only in FE7X) Now you all must know few things.

FEXNA isn't made because Yeti have nothing to do.

FEXNA is made For FE7X project.

FEXNA is coded in C# that's a hard work and knowledge.

FEXNA isn't usable by any OP(Like my PC can't run FE7X)

FEXNA is Program that takes a lot of Ram and hard disc space.

Now I will tell you all one last thing.

Yeti made FEXP

Yeti published FEXP with Some staff From FE7X(Usable staff in your FEXP game.)

Yeti won't give FEXNA until He finishes FE7X(Well that's prety much clear I think.)

FEXNA isn't the only way to make FE fan game remember that everyone.

With this I shall take my leave.

P.S If you see any spelling error I apologize. This PC don't have engish language option.

Edited by Lord Wolfram

I'm pretty sure all that information was freely available, but thanks I guess! I'm actually rather impressed with what's been shown so far, there's a lot of functionality that wasn't present in the games.

This sounds like a very interesting thing. I wish I could contribute, but I have neither the skills, time, nor money.

Also why the fuck are 4chan members complaining about this being a private beta lol.

stop talking about things that don't matter and just move on.

if someone posts something stupid, just ignore it(because that's what we're doing).

Can we do this on this topic from now on? Then again what would we have to talk about

In any case, who else has the hype for this?

Trolls aside, I don't think a lot of people will actually bother to read previous forum posts or even bother to figure out what "Private Beta" means. I'm sure there will be plenty of people still asking for a copy of the beta.

On a different note, I've been lurking this forum for a while, and I gotta say these are some really awesome projects you're making, Yeti! (Both FEXNA and FE7x, I mean)

I'm a horrible programmer and the closest I've done to any real Fire Emblem game work is making a few sprites here and there, but still it's really cool to see that there's going to be some expansion from FEXP, and I sure as hell want to give it a shot when you decide to release it. Keep up the great work!

I don't really have any way to contribute to the development of FEXNA, so I got around to building up some funds to donate. It might not be much (I'm assuming something like this is getting a lot of donations - if it isn't, it really should), but I'll send what I managed to save up.

Regarding some of the problems you're having with people randomly joining the forum to ask about the features/release date of FEXNA, perhaps you might consider adding a sort of changelog to the front page of the forum saying what's been added compared to FEXP, what will be added by you in the future, and what you will NOT add? (since not everyone is going to scan the forum posts for every update, and instead they're going to keep annoying you guys over every feature).

Sorry for the long post! xD

A lot of topics could use a tl;dr to keep things moving along. But there's not always an effective (and sometimes not even a fair) way to do that. And this is probably an off-topic clutter post. A nice FAQ (which should have "how can I contribute?" in it) would be nice, though.

I suppose anyone who has been on this thread long enough could make one, myself included. Definitely not something I'd want yeti spending his time on, not that I'm his boss.

Edited by deranger

BwdYeti and team, I was told the maximum, but if I would like to make my mugs this size: 298x296

It might affect the boxes with text, but with some additional coding, would it be okay? I just like this size.

Being a C# program, this will be a Windows .exe right?

I was wondering if there was already a tutorial on how one might run this under Mac/Linux.

If not I am willing to prepare a tutorial on how to run Windows .exe's through Virtual Machines, if anyone's interested.

That way, when this engine drops, everyone, no matter what choice of OS they use, can have equal access to it ^w^

Being a C# program, this will be a Windows .exe right?

I was wondering if there was already a tutorial on how one might run this under Mac/Linux.

If not I am willing to prepare a tutorial on how to run Windows .exe's through Virtual Machines, if anyone's interested.

That way, when this engine drops, everyone, no matter what choice of OS they use, can have equal access to it ^w^

it's an exe, yeah but Yeti announced Mac OS support

it's an exe, yeah but Yeti announced Mac OS support

Ah, good. Well if ever people need a way to run any of the tools here on something other than Windows I'm happy to help ^w^

Edited by Zepher-Tensho

I know this is gonna sound weird, but there's one thing I've been wondering about, are we going to have things like races be able to be programmable in there? And no, I don't mean like a racial class, but an actual race? Like how in Awakening if you marry Nowi, your Morgan will, like Nah, be part dragon and have a permanent weakness to slaying weapons even if you aren't a dragon class.

Also, is this going to be an executable or are we getting the base program scripts and then going to be able to run it...? Long story short, could I muck with the source code if I wanted to? Or is that off limits for us peons?

I honestly didn't see anything like that in the early pages...

I know this is gonna sound weird, but there's one thing I've been wondering about, are we going to have things like races be able to be programmable in there? And no, I don't mean like a racial class, but an actual race? Like how in Awakening if you marry Nowi, your Morgan will, like Nah, be part dragon and have a permanent weakness to slaying weapons even if you aren't a dragon class.

Also, is this going to be an executable or are we getting the base program scripts and then going to be able to run it...? Long story short, could I muck with the source code if I wanted to? Or is that off limits for us peons?

I honestly didn't see anything like that in the early pages...

The source code is editable, you can add such a racial system if you want. You goddamn racist.

Posted (edited) · Hidden by Florete, March 6, 2015 - No reason given
Hidden by Florete, March 6, 2015 - No reason given

You goddamn racist.

Perfect strikeout text

Edited by The Dark Armorknight

I'd imagine it would be released in both precompiled and source code versions. Adding unit-specific weaknesses seems like something you would be able to do without even touching the source code, though.

Posted (edited) · Hidden by Florete, March 6, 2015 - No reason given
Hidden by Florete, March 6, 2015 - No reason given

You goddamn racist.

Best strikethrough (I don't get how my original post was spam, report trolls at their finest)

Edited by The Dark Armorknight
  • 2 weeks later...