Looking towards putting my story into a game

Rossprovate

I am a decent Spriter, or is it just recoloring? Ah either way, I have a story and most of the chapters down in my head and I've been trying to find someone who knows how to do a hack. So i came here because i know this is a great place to find help. Now I do have a friend who says he knows what he's doing but he wont actually do anything or actually get started. I really want to get this started and I need someone who knows what they are doing. Not that i even know how complicated this is or even how easy it may be I just don't want to lose the ideas I have.

1. Write your story down!

2. Download some of the hacking tools and try something small - say, change an early character's growths. You'll need a ROM (don't ask how to get that here).

3. Try out a few more features. Swap a few mugs, edit some text, and see if you can make Vulneraries cheap, for example.

4. Once you've got an idea of what the tools can do, see if your story is compatible with them. If you're still into this. . .try replacing a main character with one of your own characters, complete with growths and a recolored sprite.

1.) asking someone to do something for you won't usually happen, unless you want to assemble a group for this. Even then, no ones going to do things like spriting or event hacking if you won't do your part.

2.) this should be in the hacking concepts section, as this is for projects that have taken off and have huge progress.

3.) if you don't want to lose your ideas, first write them down (so you won't forget, of course), and try learning how to hack and stuff before asking others to help you.