Stupid Gamestop - UPDATE : success!

euklyd

Any of you who has tried to obtain Xenoblade in the past year or two is probably familiar with the vast array of problems with actually obtaining it.
Some of you are aware that Gamestop is selling pre-owned copies for MSRP as a Black Friday sale online today (Thursday) and tomorrow, so, selling it for 39.99 USD, which is a far cry better than ~70 USD.

So I go to order it.

Get through all the steps: checkout, billing, shipping, confirmation...

Fucking "Undefined: Order Submission Error" message.
Sooo pissed.
(Email sent to customer support, probably gonna try and go in to the physical store tomorrow, blah-blah-blah, but still, pisses me off).

I'm not even sure why I'm telling you guys this. Meh.

Well I guess there's a takeaway:

tl;dr - Gamestop.com is selling Xenoblade at a reasonable price for Black Friday, have fun :):

Success! Just got it at a physical store nearby today, yay~

tl;dr v2 - Buy it in a physical store if you still can today!

Edited by Euklyd

You know, come to think of it, it was about exactly a year ago i wound up with that game. I must have been seriously lucky considering i bought it on a whim. I bought it new and there was a used copy at my Gamestop too. The difference in price was like five bucks so i just said "the hell with it. Ill get the new one." I had no idea the game would be so hard to get a hold of. (it was fifty big ones for my copy which was the average price for a new Wii game at the time.) Good luck, mang. The game is worth it.

More like Gameslop.

Man, I never knew Xenoblade was worth a lot of money. I still don't regret buying a 2DS and Pokemon X over it!

I had to end up paying a lot of money for Xenoblade, and I still haven't got around to finishing it. It's ridiculously pricy. I also want the Metroid Prime Trilogy, but $200, fuck that shit.

Euklyd, I tried pre-ordering Xenoblade through their website last year, and I must have tried doing that four times before I caved and decided to buy it in the store. They just don't let you buy it online, for whatever reason. Thankfully, Black Friday sales for all stores extend into tomorrow, so you have at least one more day to grab it (or you can grab it later today, if you find the time).

But yeah, Xenoblade is a must-buy for any Wii owner. It's one of, if not the best game on the system. Get it, get it, GET IT!

So I go to order it.

Get through all the steps: checkout, billing, shipping, confirmation...

Fucking "Undefined: Order Submission Error" message.

Sooo pissed.

(Email sent to customer support, probably gonna try and go in to the physical store tomorrow, blah-blah-blah, but still, pisses me off).

Oh god the same thing happened when I was ordering Pokemon X. They really need to improve their shitty system.

Edited by Monde

[11/29/13 10:22:47 PM] Euklyd: So I got Xenoblade.

[11/29/13 10:23:03 PM] Euklyd: It just ate like three hours of my life and I'll never get them back.

[11/29/13 10:23:19 PM] Gorgar: You'll soon lose many more.

[11/29/13 10:23:24 PM] Euklyd: This wouldn't be a problem if I wasn't supposed to be writing a Research Paper.

[11/29/13 10:23:26 PM] kevin picard: MUCH more

[11/29/13 10:23:40 PM] Euklyd: BUT LIKE IT'S SO GOOD

[11/29/13 10:23:45 PM] Euklyd: ;_;

Also I almost missed a deadline for an online quiz and so almost lost like 10 points because of it...

I'm terrible at time management.

I believe those of us who have played it should have mentioned that if you plan on playing it for awhile, you better be in it for the long haul. And I truly mean that. Sure, the main quest will take you a while at most, but you're going to want to do side quests to unlock additional content, and you're gonna want to explore every nook and cranny of every region to discover anything and everything you can find...which is a lot of stuff. Plus, there's party affinity, level grinding, rare monsters and items, and endless amounts of character customization to think about.

I'm not kidding when I say my first playthrough of Xenoblade took me 113 hours and 15 minutes. The game is THAT extensive...more so than a Final Fantasy game. You better be prepared to waste many hours of your life trying to do everything you can in the game...you're going to need all the time you can get.

Edited by Karaszure

You better be prepared to waste many hours of your life trying to do everything you can in the game...you're going to need all the time you can get.

Exactly. This is why Holiday Break is a thing.

I hope my family isn't expecting me to be celebrating Christmas with them; I'll be too busy playing and finishing Xenoblade!

... ... ...

...oh and Baten Kaitos.

And then starting and finishing Baten Kaitos: Origins.

And of course A Link Between Worlds.

Maybe LEGO Marvel Superheroes.

Possibly another playthrough of WW, but this time in HD.

More Pokemon Y of course.

Still need to finish FE5...

Hmm. There's a prerelease event to attend as well.

Maybe I ought to delay until Summer Break?