My musical career-WE HAVE LIFTOFF!

Dwarfishh

So next week I have a gig with a couple mates at a corporate/charity event for a set playing blues and swing during lunch, and another one there the following day. After the thursday show I have to get on a train straight away to catch a bus to my normal bands gig at a music based pub.

3 gigs in 2 days. I think that's pretty good. Plus I get to play songs in the 'Blues Brothers'. SO EXCITED!!!

Good job and hopefully success will follow you.

Me on the other hand, will stick to my recorder and rendition of Marry Had a Little Lamb in C minor.

Edited by sifer

good, good. HEY, there's aallllways a good amount of demand for bassists in bands. if you're a guitarist, it's definitely in your best interest to take up the bass as well so you have the leverage to get into all these bands that...pretty much have every piece of their band covered except for bass.

good, good. HEY, there's aallllways a good amount of demand for bassists in bands. if you're a guitarist, it's definitely in your best interest to take up the bass as well so you have the leverage to get into all these bands that...pretty much have every piece of their band covered except for bass.

Yeah. The main difference between guitar and bass is that you can play bass drunk. :D (Not that I'd do something like that...)

Yeah. The main difference between guitar and bass is that you can play bass drunk. :D (Not that I'd do something like that...)

I can tell you from experience that this is untrue. At least you arent gonna be playing it well that way.

v.gif

I can tell you from experience that this is untrue. At least you arent gonna be playing it well that way.

v.gif

It was just a joke. I do actually find lead guitar easier, then bass, then rhythm guitar (Damn my tiny hands!!) But I find most basslines fairly easy to play with some level of intoxication. (Mostly due to the rhythmic nature, as opposed to melody or harmony.) This is, of course, unless slap bass is involved, then I just cry to myself until the end of the song...

Edited by eggs4king

It was just a joke. I do actually find lead guitar easier, then bass, then rhythm guitar (Damn my tiny hands!!) But I find most basslines fairly easy to play with some level of intoxication. (Mostly due to the rhythmic nature, as opposed to melody or harmony.) This is, of course, unless slap bass is involved, then I just cry to myself until the end of the song...

wat wat how do you find lead guitar easier when lead guitar could have THIS NONSENSE going on?

wat wat how do you find lead guitar easier when lead guitar could have THIS NONSENSE going on?

Dunno. I guess it's just because I enjoy it more. Plus, I'm better at stuff like pinch harmonics than slap bass... Been playing guitar a lot longer than bass. I'm grade 8 standard guitar, but around grade 5 bass...

Edited by eggs4king

There's still the 2 on thursday. We had 2 shows at the same corporate event, and we gave one up, so it's not too bad. The pub with my main band is still happening as well, which is the most important!