FE12 H3 Blind Playthrough Log

Irysa

Glad someone else enjoys PT here!

I think I'm actually going to try to LTC ch20 lol. I don't think I can be bothered to try to cheese it via holing up in the treasure room when so many of the reinforcements have 1-2 access. Plus if my calcs are right I only need to rig 1 Hauteclure crit and a Parthia chip from Draug and Hardin will go down, so I'm sure I can figure out something (the treasure chests might be a pain to figure out though, but hey, master key!)

EDIT: I'm kinda surprised that apparently some of what I came up with for C19 is actually present in some of the LTC/efficiency logs I've been reviewing post my own completion of chapters lol.

EDIT2: I cannot for the life of me figure out what exactly triggers the reinforcements from behind, and from the front on CH20...WoD is clearly wrong, as is the stats page on this site.

Edited by Irysa

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 turned. Not that hard actually (in Irysaspeak, that translates to "I spent a day on it"), the only particularly difficult part is the initial group of infantry before you storm the treasure room.

Initially, I beat the chapter with the outlined Parthia chip + Hauteclure crit. But then I decided, you know what?

FUCK CHRIS TAKING THE SPOTLIGHT

Redid it for the more fitting ending.

I really enjoyed this chapter. It pushed me to think about what to do, but still let me achieve a personal goal. Hardin's theme is amazing, RIP Hardin.

Props to other playthroughs using SM Linde on previous maps showing how good her ORKO power was. Although I didn't refer to them for my own clear here, they really reinforced how strong of an option it is. As I've said before, I enjoy going back over other people's chapter clears after I've finished my own, so I'd seen her in action in other chapters prior to now and have kept it in mind throughout the game.

[spoiler=Chapter 20]

eEu62lk.png

a8nrTTL.pngLLucgL0.png8kvkgPw.png

icB4u9u.pngA6ONstS.pngpVEShJN.png

BOdOnWY.pngMknP30W.png2kwodFv.png

MZuItMb.png

I was initially really worried about this guy but then I figured out that you can make the AI be dumb again so he never gets the chance to hit anyone. Hah.

j7bZxWM.png

I can kill this Sage through the wall near the start but he's actually super useful because he moves before the Sorcerer, so he can block the Sorc off from being able to actually hit anyone through the wall.

bhiXbhU.pngruf5aIp.png

I bet you already know why I gave Marth that Arm's Scroll.

Swordmaster Linde finally makes her appearance! Aside from Swordslayer Ogma, nobody else can ORKO Heroes, and even he can't get kill Snipers by himself. Malicia gets some time to shine as a staffer since Linde is a frontliner. That being said, I had to reset for the Heroes to roll low on HP beacuse even with Magic Bond + Starsphere to get her to 22 Mag as a SM she can't ORKO them if they proc 55 hp.

I also gave Ogma a speed bond so he has 30 speed for doubling Heroes. I'm hoping he procs speed in this chapter to cap out.

8DrIfjN.png

Hardin...

U1g7L26.pnggW030OJ.pngWsErpSt.png

Starsphere Linde is fast enough to double this thief if he rolls low on speed. It doesn't actually matter all that much since I can get the Thief next turn anyway.

X0RcOOY.png7WLGpKu.png

Merric Thief Staffs this Brave Axe chest. Malicia Rescues Midia.

SUKVYbW.png

Everyone moves up, Midia grabs some weapons just in case and takes the Master Key from Linde.

WErPlGP.pngjyh0Egu.png

Next turn, Linde ORKO's a Hero at 2 range, and Draug chips a Hero for Swordslayer Ogma to oneshot.

vLJIUth.png

Good thing he has that speed bond so I don't need to care this yet.

mVvOlI9.png

Marth swaps Draug to Parthia. I initially thought the Sniper would go for Linde but apparently she's got too much Avo, so Draug is targetted instead. Luckily Parthia ORKO's.

69eb1EV.png

Swarm loves targetting MU because of 0 res.

jIKOkTT.png9BvXl9e.png2G8D2Iu.png

Kamikaze attack! B Swords for Ogma.

gIVZYiC.png

Levin Sword Linde is so good, god damn.

vX5HjxW.pngVSqRHFA.png

Wanted to feed this kill to Marth. Draug's the man so it doesn't really matter.

XvJeEPN.png

I have like 5 of these unused so I may as well start blowing them as much as I can.

1sN6U8g.pngkFgMb1x.png

LRT Magnets.

IdJVNsv.png19UbEFH.pngqHYYx1q.pngUKkdxd3.png

Sirius opens the door. Malicia Recovers MU so he can Hammer that General's face in.

GeK43Qj.pngpKcchvf.png3GXthdL.png

Linde gets the Sniper. Caeda uneccessarily crits. I chose to let her chip since she negates all the crit on the Thoron, Draug or someone else could have taken the kill instead.

MOWg4am.pngQEkWloZ.png

Marth caps speed!

uIyZvmc.pngAiGmm4a.png

Chest Shenanigans.

VD0dHxn.png

Merric's got to be relatively close so I dance him further up.

Yzxr27z.png

I'll be out of here before you guys can even touch me!

r8lGPrv.pngMVyA5K9.png

Catria procced so much res she can actually survive the Longbow Sniper and the Bolganone Sage without using a Pure Water. I open the chest this turn, she'll get the door next turn.

BR15AMR.pnglBCAqS1.pngL8bELx3.pngPxTcI5C.png

QiXm3LV.pngD15wHlB.png7CacYag.pngBimABNu.png

tg7I5ky.pngwqzFOZS.pngmLKGrCT.pngzt2W2hb.png

uNIOdkQ.pngJQAIxNe.pngvOV4yOf.pngWvsm85X.png

uBm1a2A.png

P30065R.pngACFdR6q.pngt0tiYQu.png

1wwz1yt.pngqHSBF8j.pngBmp9xEh.png

KdmJiKh.pngx0WiDqJ.pngLpTIBsC.png

The final preparations are ready. Caeda and Merric are in position to support Marth.

bCrMaui.pngffFZd3W.pngLBAf32k.png

Hardin's final guards fall. Midia saves.

o1aR2xH.pngJWxyMsL.pngD4eGbYM.pngxk0N8Zh.png

c0aEkLt.pngyvS4jSz.png4kspsnQ.pngsVDC00X.png

xlX9PPJ.png2nRWKWs.pnglGlulCD.pngFjjTjmr.png

Xt3zo5e.pngIefwJV7.pngw1aeXXA.pngdAqSKt8.png

Rest easy, old friend. I've granted your final wish.

caFTdBq.pngqON2jRc.pngkcS5vTx.png

The Binding Shield is completed.

n5XashQ.png

Marth seizes turn 6 with an Again use.

AfQlyIV.png

I'm coming for you Gharnef!

[spoiler=Unit Stats]

UNIT       CLASS       LEVEL       HP    ST    MG    SK    SP    LK    DF    RS       WPNLVL                    BOOSTER

Marth      Lord        27.80       45    21    00    23    25    27    16    02       B SWORD
Irysa      Berserker  12/14.31     54    30    02    22    28    17    16    00       A AXE (C BOW)
Draug      Horseman   17/14.19     42    24    01    24    30    14    14    03       D SWORD A BOW (D LANCE)
Ogma       Horseman   17/14.88     51    24    01    27    29    21    18    03       B SWORD B BOW             WING
Sirius     Paladin    ??/15.20     40    23    01    25    24    13    21    07       A SWORD A LANCE (D AXE)
Palla      D.Knight   16/16.31     52    26    01    26    23    13    25    05       A LANCE E AXE (D SWORD)   ROBE, SHIELD, WING
Catria     F.Knight   18/17.93     53    24    03    26    26    27    20    15       A LANCE C SWORD (B@SM)    DROP
Caeda      Sniper     13/13.28     44    18    01    28    29    30    16    04       B BOW (B LANCE)           DROP
Linde      Sage       18/16.27     49    04    23    28    25    29    05    14       B TOME A STAFF            ROBE, DUST
Merric     Sage       18/13.04     49    03    19    23    25    22    10    12       B TOME A STAFF
Malicia    Sage       18/02.24     33    03    15    07    17    20    09    10       C TOME A STAFF
Feena      Dancer      30.00       36    20    00    25    25    30    10    01       E SWORD
Edited by Irysa

I'm not even going to post a full update for 20x. This map has to be one of the worst designed maps in the entire series, did they even playtest this map on lunatic? Why were they stupid enough to put FoW maps into a game that has no FoW alleviation tools? The previous FoW gaiden at the very least had relatively weak enemies, so it wasn't that annoying, but get to this point and you're getting sniped through walls by forged Longbow Snipers you can't see, Eremiah is raining hell down on you with her Siege tome, all the Berserkers and Generals have near capped stats and 1-2, and don't like to move out of chokes unless they can kill you. Wow, great, brilliant, 10/10, it's totaly not trial and error, not at all!

I have zero regrets saying I went and looked up enemy positions after having to reset a few times, then savestated in this chapter because its so fucking bad. Spammed fortify and physic with Merric and Feena from the start of the map whilst I moved up with everyone else. Got both the chests, got Marth some kills. I don't doubt theres a good way to do this map in LTC or whatever the fuck but this is one step too far, especially when you have to do stupid shit like draw your movement arrows properly to not get cockblocked.

And the less said about this awful assassin subplot the better, I'm glad it's done with. What hilarity that one of the best chapters in the game is immediately followed by one of the worst. Ugh.

[spoiler=Unit Stats]

UNIT       CLASS       LEVEL       HP    ST    MG    SK    SP    LK    DF    RS       WPNLVL                    BOOSTER

Marth      Lord        29.30       47    23    00    25    25    29    17    03       A SWORD
Irysa      Berserker  12/14.31     54    30    02    22    28    17    16    00       A AXE (C BOW)
Draug      Horseman   17/16.29     43    24    01    26    30    15    15    03       D SWORD A BOW (D LANCE)
Ogma       Horseman   17/16.09     52    24    01    28    30    23    18    03       B SWORD B BOW             WING
Sirius     Paladin    ??/15.20     40    23    01    25    24    13    21    07       A SWORD A LANCE (D AXE)
Palla      D.Knight   16/16.31     53    26    01    26    23    13    26    05       A LANCE E AXE (D SWORD)   ROBE, SHIELD, WING
Catria     F.Knight   18/18.88     54    24    03    26    26    28    20    15       A LANCE C SWORD (B@SM)    DROP
Caeda      Sniper     13/13.28     44    18    01    28    29    30    16    04       B BOW (B LANCE)           DROP
Linde      Sage       18/16.27     49    04    23    28    25    29    05    14       B TOME A STAFF            ROBE, DUST
Merric     Sage       18/14.96     49    03    19    24    25    23    11    12       B TOME A STAFF
Malicia    Sage       18/02.24     33    03    15    07    17    20    09    10       C TOME A STAFF
Feena      Dancer      30.00       36    20    00    25    25    30    10    01       E SWORD
Edited by Irysa

The one great thing about the assassins subplot is that it shows Gharnef in his true glory. What an asshole.

Technically, the assassins subplot isn't done. There's still that one Bonus chapter (different from the Chronicles chapters).

I don't normally like FE12 rewrites, but when I do, it's Hardin (actually I'm pretty sure it's nearly identical to the original but shut up don't ruin my joke bro).

Forged Brave Lance is now the new forged Ridersbane.

[spoiler=Chapter 21]

0jGsH5E.png3wEm0zv.png

A relatively easy chapter. It looks a lot worse than it is. I didn't deploy MU because he is kind of useless on this map, he can't double anything but Sorcerers and he can't get near them very easily either. I threw Draug a Robe, and Linde and Merric a Dust each. Ogma took an Arms Scroll for Swords. Turned out he didn't really need it though.

UPcU9WI.png

I sold a ton of junk to get money for the secret shop. I opted not to sell my Goddess Icons or Talismans because I "might" need to totally negate crit on Sirius or Palla or something or manipulate it. Who knows.

vMruaFi.png

I won't paste Ymir's boring recruit conversation, so here's my positioning for turn 1. Catria pulls 2 Wyverns.

4UJOTsI.pngtxS1WPs.png

Catria missed once but w/e. SM!Linde returns to kick ass at 2 range and ORKO enemies.

MYqD1zq.png4WT1BCG.pngsDr0ohD.png0zErGqa.png

I forged a Brave Lance to +4 (hopefully I don't need more than that), so I can ORKO a bunch of enemies without retaliation.

WWO9S5B.png6i14tia.png2idgfuF.pngGwpO4wc.png

Merric and Caeda finish off the Wyverns. My formation means the 3rd Wyvern can't reach Minerva.

1B2phDs.png

Ogma pulls a Berserker. Sirius pulls the 3rd Wyvern. Catria gets the two from the north. Nobody is in range of a Meteor.

GrS9i8c.pngflF9Xyo.png

Still relevant in lategame!

NRT4DnC.pngVL8YlCP.pngtZDGHwK.png9gwNRrE.png

Easy pickings.

BwVjMbs.pngJbs2z0A.pngKqKiHtQ.png

Dance Caeda to BraveBow another Wyvern for a ORKO. Ogma chips a Wyvern for Marth. Draug gets the Berserker Ogma weakened before. Catria heads north to start killing thieves. Merric fortifies.

vO3a6Bs.png

Linde luck obv negates all the crit on this guy too.

mwqdY6R.png

Sirius doesn't negate crit but he survives w/o crits vs this guy, who kills himself because lol DevilSword.

k7fdYn2.png

Brave Weapons are so awesome.

obggABJ.png

Spamming heals with Merric and Malicia...fliers head north to help Catria with thieves. Forgot to cap but Sirius hit a pretty low % Javelin, which I'll explain later.

d7ZyXLw.pnghgwiSUX.png

Save with Ymir before Marth pulls a Berserker.

ENWcSbk.pngKJi08Ko.png

EP.

9AZKDfN.pngODHy2F6.png

Yeaaaa Palla.

5vWejso.png

Got another thief with BraveLance. Sirius connecting a Javelin last turn means I don't have to tradepass it to him with Minerva to get this thief killed, which is what I planned out.

yG3sDkp.pngSb6LkkA.png

Penulimate thief is killed by Draug and Ogma. Minerva's free, so Secret Shop time!

CLu2KWf.png

I bought 3 Energy Drops, 1 for Marth, 1 for Sirius, and one for Caeda. I got 3 Arms Scrolls as a precaution (I have 4 in the bank now), and 1 Robe for Sirius. I don't really think I need anything else. I'll just leave a map save before I kill the boss so I can grab more if I absoloutely need to.

479JRrF.png

Marth and Caeda finish the Berz off, Marth's final level up. 3 natural caps, not bad.

QD0J11k.pngYuEFMX7.pngI2ifXQC.png

Pulled another Berz with Linde. I did not count squares properly, that Dragon could have killed her if the Berserker didn't miss. Fortunately capped luck and speed SMs actually have pretty significant dodge rate, so I guess it wasn't all that unsafe.

C5Bjy4F.png

Oh my god, 2 str procs in one map. Caeda <3

Lymolq1.png

Malicia is so much like my Lena in FE11 lol, she gets empty/garb levels then gets awesome ones.

P8STW2Z.pngbtOZxa4.png

Positioning doohickey and stuff later...

XOpAV85.png

Oops, early cap, don't worry he died.

G1901aG.pngt5o88bV.pngrOAKNO4.png

And now there's only that Berserker left.

LkNd8Dj.png

Ogma takes it, WHY DOES HE KEEP GETTING DEF. Holy shit, so tanky.

Pdg1IVD.pngd6gQ8dI.pngXZlbNSC.png

f3DdjJa.pngsPmBX41.pngzm10SvA.png

VzNcN1B.pnguUjlDsZ.pngRDvS64f.png

This is a perfectly fine death scene for Michalis. I mean sure, have an extra event with Minerva, but the fact he survives at the end of this is probably only justified by the fact he somehow fucking survived in FE11 as well <_<

laVDCam.pngPoBpq2Q.png0BoCIM4.png0LN6jKd.png

Time for the last enemies. Longbow comes in handy.

SpNxiJP.pngXCCLtTD.png

Malicia lures one of the Meteors, whilst Caeda (negating all the Thoron crit) gets the other Sorc.

Wi4CZze.pngpTnOevJ.png6dQ1pwV.png

Then finishes him next turn for another level up and A Bows!

3ura3Kv.pngIyuHoft.png

Feena gets her out of there. The point of Res she procced prevents her being oneshot by the Meteor Sorc but if it didn't I could have just barriered with Merric.

RPPSY8B.png9Q9j4rj.pngUqrVEC6.png

Thats it for non boss enemies.

fH9eBVy.pngE4ihDBD.pngvFkhhLg.png

Catria + Ogma get the kill, Marth seizes turn 16

H2hD4vl.png

...then I remembered I forgot to get this treasure, oops.

S4Nn0PL.pngwTIVO2C.pngY0KXf5T.png

Marth seizes turn 19.

5553OUn.png

SURPRISE IM NOT DEAD.

KJ93GkH.png

[spoiler=Unit Stats]

Marth      Lord        30.00       48    25    00    25    25    30    18    03       A SWORD                   DROP, SCROLL
Draug      Horseman   17/17.10     51    24    01    26    30    15    16    03       D SWORD A BOW (D LANCE)   ROBE
Ogma       Horseman   17/17.78     53    24    01    28    30    24    19    03       A SWORD B BOW             WING, SCROLL
Sirius     S.Master   ??/16.22     48    24    01    29    30    14    19    04       A SWORD A LANCE (D AXE)   ROBE, DROP
Palla      D.Knight   16/18.46     54    26    01    26    23    13    27    05       A LANCE E AXE (D SWORD)   ROBE, SHIELD, WING
Catria     F.Knight   18/19.82     55    24    03    26    26    29    20    15       A LANCE C SWORD (B@SM)    DROP
Caeda      Sniper     13/16.01     47    22    01    30    29    30    17    04       A BOW (B LANCE)           DROP x2
Linde      Sage       18/17.46     50    04    25    28    25    30    05    14       B TOME A STAFF            ROBE, DUST x2
Merric     Sage       18/16.25     51    03    22    26    25    24    11    12       B TOME A STAFF            DUST
Malicia    Sage       18/03.50     34    03    16    08    17    21    09    11       C TOME A STAFF
Edited by Irysa

Double update! Well maybe quadruple, I went ahead and finished the game! There isn't an awful lot to say about the final chapters in detail though, I kind of wish I'd recorded videos. :\

00AWY9n.png8TEJwHB.png

4 turned 22 with what I presume is a standard strat, aka, yolo up the middle spamming Brave Weapons with Pallies and Horsemen to not have to deal with counters. I made MU a Horseman and threw him a Speedwing + Arms Scrolls to use Wyrmslayer and Silver Bow/Brave Bow. Draug got an Arms Scroll for Wyrmslayer. Open the door on the right, ORKO Dragon, then Again Marth + Boss Killer to get the throne. Pretty simple even for a casual like me, it's hardly worth even posting. If anyone really wants I'll go over it in detail but I can't really be bothered. Malicia Hammerned an Again.

gaQOipH.pngz0gGCZy.png

First thing I noticed was the 27 AS Dragons. So I forged a +10 Dragonpike (like my +10 Wyrmslayer from FE11) to oneshot them with instead. Then I tried to figure out how I'd go about 3 turning, which seemed easy enough and I basically did it, just clear out the middle of the map then bomb the 2 Dragons guarding the gate with the forge. Then Magic Bond Linde oneshots Gharnef with a rigged crit for Marth to seize. I felt like a 2 turn was possible though so I went to see if I could try to do it, and consulted PKL's last playthrough for how a 2 turn works. I did basically the same thing, but my Catria has enough Resistance with 2 Talismans + Pure Water to survive a Mage Dragon and a Glower Sorcerer, and I have more Again charges. Basically, Catria gets rescued to kill the center Mage Dragon on the stairs, then Again'd to move to a spot that lets me one range oneshot the Fire Dragon instead of having to rig a crit. I had Palla block the side Fire Dragon from killing her. I've written it out in a bit more detail.

[spoiler=Chapter 23]

lqOjQch.png7pkjFav.png

Palla + Linde get the left Fire Dragon.

zKhksFo.png1zYM118.png

Dance Linde, Feena's positioning lets Caeda rescue Catria onto a tile close enough to get the stair Mage Dragon.

IENE99z.pngfU8xTjG.png

Ogma chips another Mage Dragon for Sirius.

jKiVYvm.png

Xane copies Malicia to Hammerne Again next turn.

frcD2Bb.pngIgTuWtK.png

Linde Again's Palla, who moves to block a tile so Catria isn't killed by a Fire Dragon. Palla uses Pure Water.

i7mRNTu.pngf0WI3I9.png

Merric Again's Catria, who also moves into position so she can get into 1 range of one of the Dragons blocking the way to Gharnef. Being within 10 squares activates the Glower Sorcs and a Mage Dragon but as outlined before, I threw both Talimans on her, and with the Pure Water Boost she's BARELY surviving. Malicia Fortifies.

Cm9KHHJ.png

Marth oneshots this Dragon with a Wao Dao crit for like 58% or something. I could have done something else but w/e

K0O8wpy.pngo6xHDxt.png

Pretty tight. Palla takes a swarm as well before this.

cRYisJa.pngnqMmnAl.png

Xane Hammerne's Again. Feena dances Caeda so she can rescue Linde (who will then rescue Marth).

9TtpQTc.pngCUJ4gfL.pngfXOJBbG.png

First though, Catria oneshots the first Corridor Dragon.

TAGtssZ.pngmAuBnAW.png

Again Catria and Linde with Malicia and Merric.

DeEOeh4.pngraze1uD.png

Second Dragon dead, savepoint and then rig a crit with Linde on Gharnef.

83bsu0U.pngG7uDCKj.png7J2PUpa.png4SeZqvW.png

No special dialogue. :\

rUNVAMO.png

Killed a Dragon because I can.

P7jiVTY.png

Turn 2 Seize

[spoiler=FINAL]

HWcuO1H.pngXI2ia4z.png3yHerU7.png

Incredibly easy, given I had so many Rescue and Again charges left over. 2 turned. First turn, everyone moves up, Malicia breaks Hammerne on Merric's Again. Sirius is within 10 range of Nyna once the Dragons are cleared out. I should have chucked my Goddess Icons on him to negate the Ice Dragon crit, he ended up facing like 18% critrate, gross. w/e

ndLreSR.png

ma7w5v5.png1UgkLK9.png

jsuOeuK.pngd6P6A33.png

Catria clears a path for Sirius and danced Julian. Ogma kills another Dragon to clear the middle path but I'm pretty sure that's totally not neccessary since Marth has to be Again'd to reach Medeus anyway.

WiCbCD5.pngo5qvpJi.pngiKpyW10.png

Nyna grabs rescue out of the convoy and rescues Minerva to get Maria. Is this quote the same regardless of whether Michalis is alive or not?

u0LLBpp.pngi8cGf7r.pngbprVwb0.pngYXSxyA8.png

Maria trades for rescue to rescue Merric, who then saves Elice. Merric uses Again on Marth.

OaU8Akx.pngimOiSHF.pngAORTd7o.pngUWqYjwA.png

First round of combat. Lena grabs Recover out of the convoy and uses it on Marth afterwards.

nCOwY3r.png

Linde Agains Marth. Marth hits Medeus for a second time.

q0Gqw0V.png2Gp1jJ7.pngK7NEGld.png

MU saves since I need a crit to finish Medeus off. Malicia Again's Marth for the final time, and Elice Again's MU so he can move up to give a crit bonus to Marth, and hit for 0 damage for shits and giggles (Marth is the REAL Hero around here kid).

UWpPjUs.png

With Caeda, Merric and MU all within 3 Squares, Marth has pretty respectable crit against Medeus.

gVfoDul.pngZxIp6Sp.pngzHoE5E0.png

jPXo0dA.png0YBza3l.png73GFinu.png

kQPVF5s.png

Didn't even need to reset. Marth finishes without relying on a double critical.

Wrapup next post.

Edited by Irysa

UQsdPZq.png

The lovebird moment in epilogue wasn't as cute as SD but Marth has grown into a real man at this point so it doesn't have to be. I'm happy for them.

J8iPgZh.pnglatfixJ.png

I refuse to paste this entire convo so lets just say "hurr I will cecede all my achievements to you because I am the most flawless character ever so Marth can now be the legendary hero king despite being made out to be a wuss the whole game"

Fuck. That.

Headcanon or not, Marth will always be the guy that did all this. Chris can go suck a lemon.

I was going to post funny stuff I saw from the GIGANTIC EPILOGUE (holy shit) but I can't be bothered so it's time for just UNIT STUFF.

[spoiler=Unit Analysis]

KaBAjNF.png

RIP in Peace. I was tempted to deploy Arran in Endgame so I could have him suicide on a Dragon or something to let him fufill his wish to die in battle from his death quote, but I couldn't do it. He was pretty fucking amazing for the first 3 chapters, then fell off hard.

oPPD0uW.png

He was okay for most of the game. He became VERY useful for a brief period when he had exclusive 30 AS as a Horseman, and he had exclusive access to Parthia for a while which was pretty awesome. That brief stint probably put him ahead of Ogma who was playing catchup most of the time.

R1Y8OHY.png

Despite the fact I benched her for half the game, her A staff rank and hammerne use was pretty invaluable in lategame when I was spamming high rank staves everywhere. Doesn't need any stats to do her job, great unit despite barely ever meeting any combat.

VHsgReo.png

Somewhat iffy earlygame, then limited by the fact I had to wait until I got an Elysian whip for her Falcoknight Promo. However, she pretty much obliterated the midgame and destroyed the lategame. Endgame was good too, but nothing special since everyone is about even by then and staffers play a huge role. Arguably my best unit.

HrAv8YM.png

Pretty amazing, even if I had to rig her mag. Sure, in efficient play the staff stuff she did for me isn't a factor, but even ignoring that her Levin Sword ORKO potential for some of the later chapters is pants on head retarded. Nosferatanking was also really helpful in a few maps.

O8MxBKV.png

Was super awesome for Lance Rank and stats for early chapters, then carried the team all by herself about c7 to c12, then shared the spotlight with Catria until falling off a bit by lategame. Still incredible though, since I couldn't make MU a DK she filled in more than adaqueately. Super tanky!

EgcLY4n.png

He spent the entire first half of the game being babied to catch up to Draug, then still had to get boosters to compare. Mounted Mercurius never actually came in Handy, but C swords did. I mean, he was good, don't get me wrong, def blessed like hell too. But I kind of feel like all of the special things a Horseman can do were fufilled mostly by Draug in this run.

q8lzcrF.png

He did a few very important things in C5, 6 and 7 then basically was just being babied to stay relevant until later on. Not a bad unit, but he wasn't very important most of the time.

DrgPaGa.png

Ridiculously good in Prologue, insane speed and luck was a massive blessing throughout the game when dealing with crit happy enemies. Effective Weapons don't really care about your str, so she was useful throughout the game for Wing Spear and Bow use. Wing Spear in particular came in handy in C19 since I couldn't get anyone into Hammers to ORKO the boss with.

yqfNBCH.png

Dancers are irreplacable. Nothing more to say. I like how she capped so many stats though lol.

T7KhcqX.png

WENT SHOPPING AND CHUCKED A HAND AXE LIKE ONCE BEST UNIT EVER

Db9Yodc.pngclJ4Pgn.png

I won't lie, I babied the shit out of him but he impressed me regardless. Etzel is definitely better, but Merric's still pretty cool if only for the Marth support bonus. Excalibur was super useful in C11, and all the staff grinding I did made him immensely helpful in late and endgame. Also, he hooked up with Elice at last yeaaaaah.

8OVViNG.png

Unique utility is only rivaled by Feena. Made quite a lot of things possible that are otherwise entirely impossible, despite the fact I didn't use him that much. What a great unit, next time I play this game I'll definitely use him more.

6ml1OCA.png

Carried the team for the Prologue and first 3 chapters but I'm going to be honest, he fell off REALLY HARD after that. Being stuck in class B whilst also being bad at the whole Horseman thing is pretty damning. However I do know from experience now in another run how much better MU is when you dump EXP into him early on instead, but this game, I can safely say the Pegs were way larger contributors on the whole.

mc7Hk0q.png

Decent earlygame, but then was just babied forever until he kicked Medeus's ass. I really like Marth, but I can't really say he did anything particularly useful in this game besides hand out support bonuses everywhere.

dekX1Fw.pngJzA6hTv.png

Thats all folks!

My thoughts on this game on the whole? My god, it's polarising. There are so many things I REALLY REALLY love about it, adore in fact, yet there are so many other things I really loathe with all my heart. There's some amazing map design right next to some terrible ones, some fantastic chars and dialogue next to some inexcusably bad ones, etc.

I can't legitimately say I "like" it on the whole however when I feel so strongly about the things it does poorly. It's a good game, but yeah I can't reasonably say I'm a big fan of it. I think I enjoyed FE11 on the whole a lot more, for all that game's problems. In a way, 12 made me appreciate 11 more. FE13 went on sale the other day on EU eshop, so I'll be playing that next, but I'm unlikely to playlog it.

Edited by Irysa

The dialogue between Minverva and Maria is the same, whatever Michalis' fate was. In fact, it's taken directly from FE3 where he does die for good. Minerva lies through her teeth to Maria. Good stuff.

Anyway, great playthrough log.

Now do Reverse Lunatic.