FE12 H3 Blind Playthrough Log

Irysa

Say all (3) of the Levin swords break. Is Cecille going to go back to a healer?

Also, why didn't you surround the hunter instead giving it of a quick death?

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I didn't make her a mage or anything yet. It was just something I was considering, if she keeps getting str and def I'll keep her as a physical unit.

Also well..marth kind of crit the last hunter if you're asking why I didnt get maximum chip xp off him.

• 2 months later...

Sorry this is not an update to the LP but I figure I should actually like...explain myself a bit as to why there hasn't been a post in ages. I got a 3ds and Pokemon Y around Christmas, so I was playing that a lot. Then the new Gundam Vs game came out right as I was getting burnt out on Pokemon and I've been playing THAT a lot. Now Dark Souls II is coming out just as I'm laying off that...and then I'm going to be on holiday for about a month.

It's not dead, but sorry, it doesn't look like I'll be updating for a while yet. (I've also just not really been in the mood to sit down and play FE and video edit stuff)

• 3 months later...

[spoiler=Chapter 2]

YES THIS IS A THING AGAIN. This chapter was a real headache at the start, I just barely couldn't meet damage quotas on both the left and right, but I managed to figure something out all by myself, yay. This installment is a bit less "LPy" because as I said in the video, I kind of spent more time sitting thinking about what to do in the first place than really just spontaneously playing. Maybe the focus of the series will change, who knows. As a result though, the overall length of the video is much more compressed overall which seems a definite must given how long chapter 1 was...

Also I decided I'm not gonna use How's Everyone cause random superitems or random +2 to stats seems kinda cheap for a casual run, even if its lunatic.

Edited by Irysa

Nice strats to split up those enemies! Much more elegant than what I've done personally. Do you think you'll be using all three Altean cavs? I don't remember anybody doing that before so it would be interesting to see.

I do like that this chapter was done in post, your commentary is noticeably more focused and clear. Something which I've seen some people do is record their first blind attempt live, then only show highlights and the successful run after that. Might be a cool format for this game.

Nice strats to split up those enemies! Much more elegant than what I've done personally. Do you think you'll be using all three Altean cavs? I don't remember anybody doing that before so it would be interesting to see.

I do like that this chapter was done in post, your commentary is noticeably more focused and clear. Something which I've seen some people do is record their first blind attempt live, then only show highlights and the successful run after that. Might be a cool format for this game.

I've used Luke Rody Cecille and Ryan at the same time when playing casually in Lunatic Reverse. It's very possible.

I like that this is back. The Arran crits are always hilarious or when that one unit that youre not using longterm crits. It's the worst.

Well, I would like to use all 3 but currently the primary problem is that there really don't seem to be enough deployment slots or to go around. Marth, MU, Malicia, Arran (at least for a good while) are mandatory, Catria/Palla seem a very good bet, Linde feels like a solid pick based on the fact that Merric's level 10 bases in the prologue were pretty unremarkable and mages are really useful to have around. On top of that I need bow users beacuse holy crap indirect combat is valuable in Lunatic. Between all that it feels like if I actually wanted to use all 3 cavs I'd have to turn some into archer/snipers and use a forged iron bow or something, and maybe Draug would be a better investment on that front since he can become a horseman? Since I don't have combined class sets, the other's bow rank can't be put to any use in any class other than sniper (I guess Cecille can be a general lol). Ryan already has C bows too so...

Really, in short, I have no clue what to do and have nothing in mind so who knows what will happen. One chapter at a time! That being said I'm working on ch3 as I post this.

Edited by Irysa

I would really think first about beating chapter 3... if you thought 5 enemy draco knights that rush was evil the number of draco doubles in this map.

I only watched chapter 2 so far.

A few notes.

Draco knight arran can use Iron axe to get WTA in this map. Won't hit as hard without silver though.

Did you forge the highly prized steel bow? I couldnt see the item clearly on the videos... that bow is crazy! useful forever.

You get 2 silver lances in chapter 3 don't hesitate to burn some uses here and there.

good luck!

LATE EDIT: Are you going around the map or going straight through the bridge?

Edited by LeaderR Elliot

[spoiler=Chapter 3]

This chapter was pretty hellish, I clocked in 37 turns! Even edited to hell, with speed ups and cutting out of all irrelevant EHHHH WHICH UNIT DO I WANT TO GET THE KILL pauses, the video is still about 20 minutes long. This may be one of those times when it's just a better idea to go for screenshots and selectively record. I actually had to just stop playing at 3 seperate intervals over the course of a few days haha, maybe I'm not cut out for this. I could have made my life a lot easier with a bow forge but I proved myself a miser and beat the map with only Draug as a bow user deployed, and he's still on Irons (although almost steel now). People weren't kidding about Palla being jesus on wings though, holy christ.

I decided to drop Ryan because aside from durability and rank, he hasn't got any leads on base Draug, and without mixed class sets I envision a horseman being more useful than a sniper. This is especially so, given that I can reclass any class A units to sniper if need be later anyway. Cecille didn't manage to find a deployment slot, I went with Rody and Luke because Luke's just got better stats as a swordcav and Rody can throw Javelins, whilst that Lady Sword's only got like 19 uses left. I may yet regret attempting to get Luke to D Lances though. I think Cecille's base hp really hurts her too, unless you rig def levels she's really incapable of taking a hit as a physical unit.

I brought Linde along because I thought she'd help against the boss but since Bord conveniently brings a hammer, that didn't go anywhere. She stil got some good exp on the Dracoknights though.

Level ups all round on this chapter were pretty awesome, although I did rig some via save points and intial resets. Oh yeah, an observation I didn't point out in the video - Pirate MU on the Sea is apparently not enticing enough due to his avd for the enemy Dracoknights. Luckily Catria Palla and Arran suffice for pulling!

On a non mechanics note, the fact this is a translation patch is really starting to show. Some of the dialogue in this chapter was of pretty iffy quality. I miss Shadow Dragon's localisation. :(

Edited by Irysa

[spoiler=3x]

What an easy chapter! I could have six turned which I think might be as fast as you can actually go due to Marth's mov limits, but I let him kill the Knight next to the throne just because he could.

I'm more than a little dissapointed of the overall way this remake only plot has been integrated so far. Not to discredit the translation team at all, beacuse if anything they've done an excellent job with a lot of it, but the script to do with these assassins is lacking in authenticity. It geninuely feels out of place. Goofy prologue banter or silly supports are one thing, but going from something of a dramatic moment with Lang and an emphasis on the urgency of assisting Ogma and the Grustian Royals to "oh yeah btw those assholes from last year are here, lets go kick their ass"...you get what I mean. Kleine feels so cliche too, even the attempts to spice up her dialogue can't save me from finding her annoying. I haven't honestly been a fan of the temprament of MU either, just bland goody-two-shoes. :\

Here are some unit stats, since I haven't bothered yet.

[spoiler=Unit Stats]

ACTIVE

UNIT       CLASS       LEVEL       HP    ST    MG    SK    SP    LK    DF    RS       WPNLVL

Marth      Lord        10.37       30    11    00    13    13    13    09    00       D SWORD
Irysa      Pirate      10.15       32    18    02    11    16    09    08    00       C AXE
Luke       Cavalier    07.44       26    11    00    08    10    06    09    00       D SWORD E LANCE
Rody       Cavalier    07.13       25    10    00    09    11    11    09    00       D LANCE E SWORD
Draug      Hunter      08.63       24    12    00    09    13    03    05    00       D BOW (D LANCE)
Arran      D.Knight    04.02       25    11    00    12    12    04    13    03       B LANCE E AXE (D SWORD)
Catria     P.Knight    09.15       25    10    02    11    17    11    10    06       C LANCE
Palla      P.Knight    11.40       24    11    02    12    17    09    10    06       B LANCE
Linde      Mage        06.58       21    00    06    07    10    10    02    04       D TOME
Malicia    Cleric      05.25       19    00    04    01    06    15    01    08       C STAFF

BENCHED

UNIT       CLASS       LEVEL       HP    ST    MG    SK    SP    LK    DF    RS       WPNLVL

Ryan       Archer      07.37       24    09    00    07    07    05    09    00       C BOW
Cecille    Cavalier    05.33       20    08    00    09    10    08    07    01       D SWORD E LANCE
Edited by Irysa

Yeah I think I would've preferred more info on the Barbarian tribes, or history of manaketes over the assassin story.

On another subject, Kleine actually has dialogue if you manage to reach her, and defeat her even though its almost impossible!

Wow, that's a lot of great levels in a row o.o

Anyway, I think dropping Linde too makes sense. Without her Lunatic booster Seraph Robe, she won't really ever escape 1HKO'd status. You also won't have the 3 Lunatic booster Spirit Dusts or Rainbow Potion to fix her mag, so she doesnt seem worth it. Both Ryan and Linde are much much worse in a run without Lunatic boosters and Rainbow Potion. Hmm, I might add a no boosters or RP tier list to my FE12 H3 Tier List.

Edited by PKL

Well...that might be so but her chip with Aura right now is pretty much irreplacable since nobody but MU, Catria and Palla doubles. If she becomes a liability I'll bench her but for now, I don't have any better choices really.

Also from ch4, I can tell that "people standing in the middle of a bunch of enemies" is going to be a recurring theme in this game...I envision on lower difficulties you can just recruit Sirius and let him and Ogma wreck everything up there, but whilst I can kill the lone thief, venturing out is suicide, and then they all start aggroing on turn 3 EP. :S

Sure there's the rescue staff but doesn't really seem like something you want to use as trivially as that. I'm gonna see if I can get up there fast enough to do work on those Pirates.

Also, I'm going to start doing screenshot LP alongside the videos from now on, if all goes well.

Edited by Irysa

Admittedly I'm not sure how it'd work in a normal playthrough, but the several LTC runs I've seen of this game have burnt a Rescue use on this chapter.

PRaXNWf.png

Well I've been doing some tilecounting and testing, and the basic problem is that I think this pirate HAS to die before turn 3 in order to for there to even be a chance of everyone not getting killed by like turn 5 or 6 at the top of the map. Unfortunately, short of rigging Ogma a dodge at 77 disp hit (thats like 90 true) and critting at 7 crit, I have no idea how to do this AND prevent the thief from looting the village, since well, someone's gotta stand on the village to prevent it getting destroyed on turn 2, and its not like Yumina or Yubello are taking a hit. And that's like 0.7% chance of happening lol.

So, rescue's probably mandatory here if you wanna keep everyone alive and recruit everyone/visit all villages. I'll go puzzle over it for a while longer but short of promoting Palla I don't think its possible.

I am pretty sure rescue on marth so he can visit the village (to recruit castor). I have seen people do that... on theother hand i think they did that to give some Rainbow potion to sirius and ogma... still worth a try.

So, rescue's probably mandatory here if you wanna keep everyone alive and recruit everyone/visit all villages. I'll go puzzle over it for a while longer but short of promoting Palla I don't think its possible.

i'm pretty sure that it's not, but i usually use rescue on marth just so i don't have to walk him up to castor's village anyway.

dondon is correct, I 0 rescue'd the map (yet another one of those "single tile on the map possibility spectrum things", I love these) However, well, I do have a finished recording and screenshots, but would like to ask, is it worth giving Sirius bosskills? I know his growths are quite good, and I know he's considered a great asset on lunatic, but given his promoted exp gain I'd envision he needs all the help he can get to make up the shortfall. Or is it a better idea to throw all that exp into Catria/Palla or even MU?

Edited by Irysa

Sirius really needs a lot of exp to stay relevant. The other units don't have as much of a problem as they'll generally be able to get kills easier, and gain more exp for a long time. Massaging his stats doesn't hurt either. use Yubello

Okay, its done. I'll put up the video in a bit. I could have avoided rigging Marth at crit on a thief at the start of the map, and instead had Rody Javelin chip it. To do this, I would have had to savepoint rigged the Devil Sword thief to kill himself so that I would have enough spare units far up enough by turn 3. But since I wanted to distribute exp into those two, I just went with the crit.

[spoiler=Chapter 4 Video]

[spoiler=Chapter 4 Screenshots]

AHMByWg.pngPEJftmh.png

The chapter intro art in this game is actually pretty neat, I like the style used. I find this one particularly endearing though.

39n4Bfl.png

This last line reads a little awkwardly. In SD I bet it would have read something like "I can only hope no ill comes of it..." or something along those lines.

CqxH3qt.png

This sentence has all kinds of implications just because of the fact she's blinking during it...

mV3GfLC.png

On your mark, get set, go!

SxuwSnL.pngsOemRyh.pngOWvS0pt.png

wN4peAK.pngldmXsbp.png8TBqTKa.png

zjoShof.pngHnwauMc.pngNz20HrA.png

I barely know these two but I have to say I feel pretty bad for them. Their father kicked the bucket in the last few years, their guardian Lorenz killed himself, Lang was about to drag them off to be executed and now they're being forced to trek halfway across the country running for their lives. I was also sorely dissapointed that Marth had no dialogue with either of them, and there was no special dialogue at the end of the map for even saving them...

What Ogma says is a proper joke though, considering how this map played out...

hopqGZH.pngFPDiE2J.png

I rig Marth to crit immediately so I don't need anybody else to help kill this thief on turn 1, since I don't really have anyone spare for the strat I want to use. At least it's the start of the map.

gXatDQs.pngpNHORuf.png

SlqWbns.pngeICyPSF.png

Draug and Linde chip and then MU and Rody take the kills. MU has a hand axe equipped to ORKO an enemy hunter on EP.

HzAKF7u.png6eztRGT.png

Arran's low luck will bait one bandit, whilst Catria just bodyblocks the other one. Palla flies over to the mountains.

U3sYEYz.png

Up top, Ogma stands on the village whilst Yubello and Yumina move up into the forest. There are exactly two tiles they can be safe from all enemies on for turn 2 so this movement is neccessary.

gZ6JfPI.pngE5bVJUJ.png

They'll probably be more bewildered to have to look at your disgusting mug.

sWNGVBr.pngyp7XFWa.pngcqZ5hHw.png

Ep plays out like I said.

OlBEHub.pngffV9sWm.pngN10bb1T.png

Marth visits and it turns out our Wendell is in another castle.

3DAkWEG.png

Draug kills one enemy and occupies a fort, blocking it. MU and Arran block the other two forts.

xvQd4c5.pngt5iHmKu.pngz1psRxa.png

Linde finishes off the last Bandit, and Catria gets a Mend from Malicia. Everyone moves up together, except Palla who's still flying over mountains.

sVAjN5N.png

Only spot they can be safe on turn 2.

lLshDOS.png

I pop a save with Catria since I won't have any free time to do it later.

8yZbgKj.png

There are basically a few things that can go wrong from this point.

One, that doesn't really count is the enemy Devil Sword thief can kill himself. I want the exp to go to Rody so I'd rather he hit Catria right after this.

The next is that the fort near the top of the map that spawns a Pirate can actually spawn 31 atk (17 str) Pirates, so the enemy data stickied in this forum is incorrect for this map's reinforcements. This is a problem because if it spawns a 31 atk Pirate, Catria won't have enough HP to tank the more common 30 atk Pirate on the next turn, unless it spawns the even more uncomon 29 atk version afterwards.

The third is anyone missing or critting at a bad time, but that's always a given. The fourth is Palla's positioning, I had to mess around a bit to figure out how to get her to pull the vast majority of enemies to prevent them from going north. And the fifth is obviously growths, because its Lunatic and I don't got any rainbow potion or statboosters so...

gLa5wap.pnglonfHRl.png

EP

IfikH3o.pngf3CLQYz.png

Rody takes it. Catria moves up and vulneraries and equips the Lady Sword. Palla's positioning pulls 4 enemies south to alleviate pressure off the north and weakens a Pirate for the other Cavaliers.

CiuUFzE.pngfErp0ni.png

The final thief is now dead, and Ogma gets a top up from Yumina. End turn.

HImRwDW.pngYR0786X.pngM9OjVsg.png

EP. This is how much dmg Catria takes from a 30 atk Pirate because she's holding Taurus. She one rounds enemy Pirates with the Lady Sword.

EDyk4Kq.pngazU3q4F.png

JCz2e7i.pngly8W41m.png

Linde chips, Rody kills. I reset a lot for good growths. Res proc is pretty baller though, just wanted hp skl and def on Rody.

XFt9MuT.png

Luke retreats and gets Mended.

SgLknwP.pngPYZD2lR.png

Palla has 1 safe tile to use a vulnerary on whilst Ogma and the kids hang back up here. Ogma got another top up from Yumina.

0BaCYYA.pnggVy8JPp.png

EP. Rody hits C lances and kills the Pirate that Palla weakened last turn.

IEMbbHn.pngYYTqizY.png

Palla onerounds the Hunter, and gets healed by Yumina. Ogma blocks off the short way to Yumina, and due to the sand, the Pirate can't reach her. Yubello just runs away.

KRTSDZt.png

I completely forgot to cap what I was doing down here on this turn. Basically, everyone ran back, except for Luke who got mended last turn, and since reinforcements stop now, Arran moved up to priority bait due to low luck again. Luke chipped the other one on EP. Marth has been trying to move up in the meantime.

BmegpWW.pngyE8TlV2.png

Arran missed his javelin but rody connects. Marth kills the first Pirate.

ysI99eN.pnglHXLnhy.png

Catria onerounds the Hunter, Luke + Linde kill the last Pirate. Not shown, Palla finishes off the Pirate who attacked her on EP.

IwNA8su.png

Malicia gets an incredible level up whilst healing everyone up whilst Marth is running up to the second village.

yaRwSie.png

Ogma goes to finally recruit Sirius, who has been chilling out observing everything the whole time.

qPi5pkz.pngczo1rgV.png

I dunno Ogma, THEY'RE ALL DEAD NOW EXCEPT HIM.

2gLy9FK.pngHF8PR1R.pngWyh8AnL.png

Actually I'd say he's pretty much scot free right now...

NMJIIvZ.png

THEY'RE ALREADY HERE.

0SgD0g5.png

THEY'RE ALL DEAD.

Oa94Ehi.png

HE'S FINE.

9qUbY0a.png

Malicia hits B rank whilst staffbotting...

haJYIB8.png

Marth eventually gets in range to visit...

pOyYBDg.pngrtSdWn0.png

Moved to a place notorious for Pirates. HMMM....

9d9M5Ir.png3HFmj6z.png

I used to buy his story in FE11 but I don't really know how true it is anymore...anyway Castor joins up. If I had statboosters or this was a lower difficulty I'd probably use him just for consistency's sake between games.

XeMGNho.png

Eventually people are healed up enough so I pop the second save with Sirius.

wxwVneq.png

Sirius's crappy luck aggro's the hand axe pirate, MU aggros the hunter (not using hand axe to conserve it), and Luke aggros the last pirate.

vNqXWk5.pngg8mtMh4.png8uEnqRD.png

Marth and Luke KO the non hand axe pirate, I rigged Luke another good level with the savepoint. He also hits C swords. Dunno if he'll ever hit D lances as a Cavalier though.

16auNFS.png

Draug chips the other pirate, weird level. Wish he'd gotten speed but you can't really pass up that Luke growth.

YhNyZk6.png

Sirius chips the other pirate again, Linde takes the kill. MU ORKO's the Hunter with an Iron Axe. People move down.

mwXyPgu.png4091cX6.pngYLUxI0m.pngAbhwr8q.png

Next EP, Catria tanks with Lady sword and gets a standard level up. Then Draug and Palla chip the boss enough for Sirius to take the kill.

LcAUx4D.png

Marth seizes turn 16.

Xan3bnl.png

I ABSOLOUTELY DID NOT SEE THIS COMING /sarcasm

Also hey, Caeda's CG and her portrait don't match in colour, what the hell IS.

HgNvIne.pngGNFoWT2.png

Plot, Thickening, etc.

q6lcSnV.png

I'm even happier because she's part of the army now, along with her WINg spear.

yFf8YYa.png4iaRiIx.png

Time to trek the other way halfway across the world I guess.

P8wxXAV.png

MASHING YES LIKE THE FIST OF THE NORTH STAR JESUS CHRIST

[spoiler=Unit Stats]

ACTIVE

Marth      Lord        10.93       30    11    00    13    13    13    09    00       D SWORD
Irysa      Pirate      10.65       32    18    02    11    16    09    08    00       C AXE
Luke       Cavalier    08.17       27    11    00    09    11    07    10    01       C SWORD E LANCE
Rody       Cavalier    08.31       26    10    00    10    12    12    10    01       C LANCE E SWORD
Draug      Hunter      09.12       24    12    00    10    13    04    06    00       D BOW (D LANCE)
Arran      D.Knight    04.12       25    11    01    12    12    04    13    03       B LANCE E AXE (D SWORD)
Sirius     D.Knight    01.43       26    13    01    14    13    04    13    03       A LANCE E AXE (B SWORD) 
Catria     P.Knight    10.06       26    10    02    12    18    12    10    06       C LANCE
Palla      P.Knight    11.96       24    11    02    12    17    09    10    06       B LANCE
Caeda      P.Knight    08.29       22    08    02    10    19    17    09    06       D LANCE
Linde      Mage        07.44       21    00    07    08    11    11    02    04       D TOME
Malicia    Cleric      06.83       20    00    05    02    07    16    02    08       B STAFF

Edited by Irysa

PofqP03.png

Palla said so, so I did.

Is it a bad idea to forge Caeda's Wing Spear in this game? I've heard the enemy variety isn't as incredibly biased to it as 11, but a +4 means I can oneshot all the Cavaliers and Knights on chapter 5, which seems pretty awesome.

Edited by Irysa