FE12 H3 Blind Playthrough Log

Irysa

PofqP03.png

Palla said so, so I did.

Is it a bad idea to forge Caeda's Wing Spear in this game? I've heard the enemy variety isn't as incredibly biased to it as 11, but a +4 means I can oneshot all the Cavaliers and Knights on chapter 5, which seems pretty awesome.

The Steel Bow forge was a much better investment and you didn't forge it. I don't see why you'd forge the Win Spear, it doesn't make the game much easier like the Bow forge if that's what you're wondering. It can only really be useful in C5, 6, 8, 15, 18 and 19. Maybe for like 1 General each in Ch20 and 20x. That's a lot less chapters than in FE11.

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bows are effective on dragons? Or do you mean there are like, flying dragons?

Or do you mean Dracos? I'm confused.

Edited by Irysa

Bows are effective on dragons? Or do you mean there are like, flying dragons?

Or do you mean Dracos? I'm confused.

Yeah, there are both. Dracoknights are fairly common and there are 12 mov Wyverns with 1-2 range throughout all of Anri's Way (Chapters 11 to 14). The Steel bow forge also greatly simplifies Ch2 and Ch3.

Edited by PKL

Whats kind of odd is that the bosses dialogue is different in the SNES version.

Please spare me!
Wait, that’s useless...
No choice...
I’m going to chop your head off!!

I wonder if it was a mistranslation or the DS version changed it to make the boss seem more intimidating?

Edited by Emperor Hardin

Gosh, this chapter took a while. This may be the last video, the only reason I went through with putting it together was the ridiculous level ups lol. Prologue stuff worked pretty well for spontaneousness but it's way easier to write in retrospect about these later maps. That and I take forever to clear. I was really tired tonight so I haven't put commentary on the video this time either, sorry!

[spoiler=Chapter 5 Screenshots]

TQiBTTu.pngdkre06j.png

How many FE games are there where somebody's homeland isn't in ruins by the fifth chapter? 1?

D4TXrmL.png

Way to ruin the mood Luke.

5B6ms6k.png

Imagine if country bumpkin MU actually talked like Bord, Cord and Castor, instead of having such bland dialogue!

ekCTEvW.pngmNTBVpX.pngApNlxN5.png

How fitting that this shows up right after Caeda came back to Marth...

6YBw7Jd.png

Another lunatic only enemy asshole. With this, you can't get non mounted units to go round the top of the map without aggroing Jeorge's sniper platoon, and he overlaps with the DKs, so thats somewhat irritating too.

SWbdhSn.png

According to my friend who I quizzed about this map, his snipers don't aggro on lower difficulties unless you attack them first. Too bad this is Lunatic! I plan to kill them all though. Well, all except Jeorge of course.

Q9gTMxi.png

Oh yeah and screw this guy, all he does is spam Physic on enemy Dracoknights that you're trying to weaken on EP >:(

Finally, Lunatic also repositions where the enemy thieves start. IE, Rickard is not recruitable on turn 1 with Julian. Which makes the whole running off to the top of the map to destroy a village/escape pretty annoying, so I had to block his escape route off to make him come back down.

x2RZpps.png

For my opening moves I need at least 1 mage to roll low on def so that a non Taurus Palla/Catria can ORKO it. Obviously the Taurus goes to the other one that needs it.

IPomK5T.png

Originally I deployed Sniper!Arran instead of Linde. There isn't a big difference except for that annoying stonehoist ballista later who I have to dodge at 35 disp hit with her since she's OHKO'd.

qJZGQSG.pngkeJnbD6.png

Get an extra axe rank at base. (I wish)

qLN2UPz.png46mZJQI.pngf4sHwqH.png

Catria and Palla ORKO two mages on turn 1 EP. Palla has to proc speed in order to double snipers (important later).

A7FxRlB.pngF1HU62V.png

I deployed Ogma as a Hunter on this map since I needed him out to recruit Barst, but don't need him to actually hit anything with a sword. Actually, Ogma's base hp is really good, and getting him hit into single digits here ties in for some AI manipulation later.

Draug finishes off the last mage.

RiEDBCx.png

Linde chips a thief and MU takes the kill. Have to connect at 70 disp hit for this one, NSG.

RNtYWGL.png0C4PaFZ.png7mPjUqW.png

Palla javelin chips a cavalier for Catria. Sirius javelin chips another cav for Caeda's Wing Spear. On EP, Caeda ORKO's the last Cavalier.

WYLnAoX.png

If this thief rolls high on def AND hp Sirius can't oneshot him with a Silver Lance...anyway from this position Sirius pulls one Dracoknight...

lPSQt0u.png

...whilst damaged Ogma and Palla cause the rest of them to head to the main group. I couldn't consistently get them to not rush Sirius without using damaged units as bait, no matter how close I put my Pegasus Knights to their movement range.

hStjPfu.pngraLuNNr.png

1 North,3 Middle.

psPaLJy.png

Malicia's been doing the healing thing.

mwaWNmq.png

Sirius runs up here and vulneraries which blocks off Rickard's escape route and is only in range of that one Draco.

11wsu64.png

Pulling Dracos to the middle with Draug, MU and Catria. I will probably promote MU next chapter.

hpGCwJd.png

Fuck the Physic bishop. I really hope this game doesn't have fortify curates like SD did, those guys were uber assholes.

BHKNHvY.pngLb6ftsJ.pngNKBc7m7.png

I get a combination of Linde, Ogma, Barst and Draug to chip the Dracos. MU takes one, then Marth chips and gets a res proc and C Swords. He's certainly no slouch in this game compared to the original. Imagine if he could reclass!

63mRtQz.png

Draco2 to Catria. Who said Catria can't proc str? Catria needed to proc speed to double Snipers as a Cavalier as well but that's a far more reliable thing than Palla proccing it at least!

isNaSO2.png

THIS IS NOT SUPPOSED TO BE A COMPETITION OF WHO IS BETTER AT GETTING RIDICULOUS LEVELS YOU TWO.

T9W2Nwj.png

I'd like to move further south but I have to keep this blocked so Rickard keeps going down.

oKdjbDJ.pngPCqRPSQ.pngchuDA5P.png

1kcHC5C.png5FjW4qY.pngpxi5DMJ.png

Rickard's face actually looks a lot more fitting for these kinds of lines in the SNES version, way more bishounen. Here it just comes off as kinda bizzare.

VSmXZl6.png

Palla can double that Draco unlike Sirius, and she also has less def, so you already know what just happened!

WtSjoG5.png

Palla Javelin chipped and Sirius took the last DK. Poor Arran can't outdo those youngsters. Damn, now I'm realising I'll never see Arran's full base conversations since I'll probably not be deploying him again, how sad. :(

9HSgGf4.png

HEALS FOR THE HEAL GOD

eWkNlAV.png

Oh yeah a thief appeared on turn 8 so I had to get Palla and Sirius to go deal with him.

RhcdIfl.png

Luckily I hadn't used my first save yet, because I was preparing to go about pulling all of Jeorge's snipers!

7Hm40qH.png

Jeorge miiiight be a bit oversensitive when it comes to his personal space.

rctB3Xt.png

Ow. Base 30 something crit :(

Reset. (my caps were out of order, but in context my presentation makes more sense here :p)

jUpSHYh.pngn7IXP6u.pngSgMFu9O.png

Anyway what should happen is Draug pulls 1, and chips back with Steel Bow. Barst pulls Jeorge, then MU pulls and chips a different Sniper with Handaxe.

H9Ut4LM.pngvjpmUd0.png

Palla + Draug take down 1 Sniper.

xEUa1e8.png6xBq5PE.png

Catria and Linde get another.

5pMETNV.png

MU and Caeda get a third...

aZRf13z.png

Whilst Jeorge is boxed in and Marth pokes him a bit for some experience and wexp. (MFW he actually joins my army after this kind of abuse)

4npI4GA.png

Oh and Sirius crit this guy who was boxed in anyway. Using up another physic from that fucking bishop, aaargggh. I wanted those uses!

7Hosid8.png

Best girl with the best levelups, coming through.

4aPyFKC.png

Eventually Sirius kills this bishop. Proccing str twice and speed at least once means he can actually ORKO the boss with a silver lance + Taurus, which is what I went for after I saved at the top of the map (forgot to cap)

t9fctNW.png

Poor Jeorge.

o9AyDsq.png

Linde is OHKO'd by the stonehoist but at 70 hit with her 20~ base avoid + 15 from the fort she was fine.

G3WerbJ.png

Draug Linde tag team the first Knight.

E3ueu8n.pngdheklsD.png

This was supposed to be chipped for Marth but MU decided to crit. <_<

I4Lo5XI.png

Palla and Catria kill the other ballista. I tried to get Caeda to feed the other Knight to Marth but she crit as well lol.

KccHg6G.png

Watch this space!

5gooFpy.png2rKuQ3s.pngm7kgcIp.pngyE8Jf4M.png

I'm so good at videogames. Sirius banked his silver lance to swap to his Javelin for EP. (Too bad he missed the first Cav, D'oh)

vs0451O.pngvwxtCwp.pngs5nQ6QA.png

Catria and Palla get the sniper. Sirius ORKO's the silver sword Cav at range with a Javelin (lol), Marth Rapiers another cav

mzMTNKm.png

Yooooooo...(MU killed the last Cavalier)

Bop4rYD.png

Bought 3 Door Keys.

f7vdVE6.pngEkiwK4a.pngtjRyPKf.png

Only 3 uses in this game. :( Guess spamming in Shadow Dragon had a price.

Af82HWY.png

Marth seizes turn 36.

[spoiler=Chapter 5 Video]

There's a segment where I forgot to adjust the main screen focus, and another part where I was merging two bits together and somehow accidentally cut out the part where I select a unit in the unit menu...man I really was tired.

[spoiler=Unit Stats]

ACTIVE

UNIT       CLASS       LEVEL       HP    ST    MG    SK    SP    LK    DF    RS       WPNLVL

Marth      Lord        12.04       32    12    00    15    15    15    10    01       C SWORD
Irysa      Pirate      12.20       34    20    02    13    18    10    08    00       C AXE
Luke       Cavalier    08.17       27    11    00    09    11    07    10    01       C SWORD E LANCE
Rody       Cavalier    08.31       26    10    00    10    12    12    10    01       C LANCE E SWORD
Draug      Hunter      10.25       25    13    00    10    14    04    06    00       D BOW (D LANCE)
Sirius     D.Knight    03.72       27    15    01    16    15    06    14    03       A LANCE E AXE (B SWORD)
Catria     P.Knight    11.77       27    11    02    13    19    13    10    06       C LANCE
Palla      P.Knight    12.99       25    12    02    13    18    09    10    06       B LANCE
Caeda      P.Knight    10.39       24    10    02    12    20    19    10    06       D LANCE
Linde      Mage        08.54       23    00    07    09    12    12    02    05       D TOME
Malicia    Cleric      08.75       21    00    06    03    08    16    03    09       B STAFF

BENCHED

Arran      D.Knight    04.12       25    11    01    12    12    04    13    03       B LANCE E AXE (D SWORD)

I think the way I tried to spread out exp instead of dumping it into a single Seventh Platoon member hasn't paid off. I absoloutely needed the girl's ability to double here, so now Luke and Rody have fallen quite far behind. Cecille was too fragile, Ryan did not turn out well and Rody just doesn't seem to have a reason to be used except as filler. Luke's niche right now is I could give him an Armorslayer as a Myrmidon or something but Marth can do that better than Luke does atm. If I'd just dumped exp into one Cavalier I could have promoted one to get them onto par with someone like Sirius but as it is now it feels hard to justify.

Kind of tempted to start using Cleric Linde to build staff rank prior to promotion, but then again, everyone seems to just swear by dropping her. That and Malicia isn't doing jack without better tome rank so I'd have to have done that earlier. Oh well. I really probably could have done that in this map itself but hell if I'm redoing it after those growths.

Also, probably promoting MU before chapter 6 unless someone says otherwise. I mean, does he really appreciate getting unpromoted exp gain for another 2 levels to cap speed when he could be getting more strength? I'm beginning to wonder what he's going to actually do later on though. Should I work on some other weapon's rank? Is being a Berserker/Axe Hero forever fine? I mean, Catria/Palla/Caeda all seem like they'd be fine for classes; Draco/Falco/Pally are good, Sniper if needs be, SM if needs be. Draug is probably only ever going to be a horseman (maybe a Warrior if I don't need the extra mov and he wants the str and hp lol.)

Finally, how should I be filling out my roster of units? Marth MU Caeda Catria Palla Sirius Draug Malicia is only 8! I would like to keep trying to use Linde since I still haven't seen any other mages yet and she's way past Merric's terrible offensive bases from Prologue. Rody and Luke I suppose can keep being deployed until they get to 10 and promoted upon which they will be like Sirius but crappier, but seeing as Luke was FUCKING DOUBLED BY ENEMY DRACOKNIGHTS IN CHAPTER 5 I'm severely doubting what any of them can do besides be a sniper. D:

Edited by Irysa

Snipers are actually pretty nice in this game, and they can play catch up easilly with Bow Forge. IIRC during that point of the game is the time for your dudes to get XP to set up for Anri's Path, whcih is where your unit will start being competent instead of MU + 3 Pegs + everyone else

As for mages, Merric,gets a free training session right after his jointime, but you can also have Ezel to be a staffbot,overtaking Merric's training session at the same time. Wendell is sex and should always be used. If nothing else Staffbot is always cool. Linde, I think would be cool since no one except Malicia can use Nosferatu. There's always Xane and Dancer around who is pretty much staple. Your not going to run out of deployment candidate in this game, really

Anyway good luck. Chapter 6 is a bitch

Edited by Anti-Fun

I kinda give up on vids for now. Given my extremely slow playstyle, it just doesn't really accomodate, especially when I have to reload and try new stuff out so much that I'm gonna have to overlay commentary on anyway. Sorry!

[spoiler=Chapter 6]

cscQa1t.pngbWba1oy.png

Hey he totally stole sons too, just look at Yubello. MISANDRY.

p4IGuKp.png

I'm the best

BP3Lkb8.pngAU2YlOB.png24OR0vM.png

Some of the enemies on this map proved to be annoying since I needed specific hp/def rolls to get ORKOs or to avoid them. I ended up using drill grounds to even the stats up a bit, along with some Shard use.

uNoJzi8.pngDwc9PFm.png

Caeda drilled first as a Cav to get to C Lances, then leveled up as an Archer. I rigged to avoid her luck proccing so I can feasibly drill her again next map as long as I don't put too much EXP on her here.

ucJgx4v.png

After some deliberation, I decided to use Ogma instead of Luke, since I have enough Class A utility units. Ogma could feasibly become a sword wielding horseman, plus he gets steel bows on promo so I can attempt to give him that steel bow forge at some point everyone raves about once that happens for some extra utility. Plus he has awesome base hp and is more durable than Myrmidon!Luke. With this, he one rounds Knights with Armorslayer.

FQRUuoC.png

Sirius now consistently one rounds the swarm bishop to the top of the map.

bUs3CC5.png

And finally, MU promoted to Berserker.

xRxVFwM.png

I made Linde a Cleric for this map since I needed another healer and getting her to D staves min should be useful.

iAduLw1.png

Checked them on WoD, not so tough really. Forged Longbows are kinda annoying though. :\

Ca2dBli.png

On the right; Caeda baits and won't ORKO one mage, Palla can ORKO the other mage, and Sirius starts to move towards the Bishops at the top of the map.

aOCam9U.png

Left, MU ORKO's a Knight w/Steel Axe, Ogma can ORKO's a Knight w/Armorslayer and Catria can ORKO the mage.

f9VLUla.png

Rigged Palla's starting level. Oh uh, somehow I forgot to cap but Caeda dodged, and Catria missed. Everything else went fine though, the mage Caeda chipped gets healed up by the Physic bishop.

k7jCX4v.png

I love you Sirius. Palla finished off the mage Caeda chipped.

0bdMnAt.pngTXTlrWc.png

Recovering from the miss is NBD though.

XvOCN7l.pngLRrqPMp.pngXqTu1ta.png

Although I had some misses between 2 Clerics and Vulnerary use I can still get enough healing done before the reinforcements start.

zgQxE9r.png

Sirius doesn't double the other Bishop but that's not a big deal.

YZFBds3.png

Frey and Norne show up. Norne might actually get to contribute a tiny bit via steel bow chipping occaisonally since I don't have Linde around for this chapter.

8SqIDMB.pngpfVS6Xl.png

First things first though, this Bishop goes down, and Julian starts looting.

A7pdngX.png

Malicia and Linde start topping people up...

GQ7Dj3D.pngWH0sSWq.pngmag8msN.pngYdnZ0pf.png

First reinforcement wave is easy to mop up. I made sure to chip then instant KO any killer lance knight, fuck getting crit.

J2UDLxN.png

SHOW THAT 20% MAG GROWTH WHO'S BOSS.

In5Vx9X.pngqZLWDCf.png

loldiers.

dnwIRgw.pngCvdKRZB.png

To prep the next wave I back up and leave Draug in range of the Javelin soldier.

lbGvVtJ.pngjZeFgvy.png

Time to rig Ogma a great level!

sHjCf7Z.pngPvOUF9y.png

Wow I only needed to reset once for this.

VzNA9hF.pngELr3Wge.pngVi0nu27.png

Sirius is the only unit aside from MU who can survive a Silver Lance Knight and Forged Longbow Archer on the next wave so he gets topped up to finish off the current Archer.

hURJksP.png0I7KVBC.png4re088N.pngUbM24mu.png

Next turn, Sirius@Iron Sword chips and levels up. Ogma takes the archer kill, and Draug gets the Knight.

USCNH3j.png2YCDgzM.png

So much for "retired thief".

ERjfBUi.png

I got impatient waiting for Julian to haul his ass up here so I got Marth to unlock the door. I assumed I couldn't do the door to the left because the enemy stats thread said the sniper had 17 AS, meaning no doubling. Athough in my case on this map he only had 16 so I could have done it, but the right door is safer anyway.

msHoQWY.pngF93nL84.png

Palla ORKO's the mage, then gets mended + tradeswapped to Lady Sword vs the Axe Hero. Level up on EP. Obviously since I deployed her as a cav I can't really expect any speed procs.

sRW62Sg.pngH23b9Jh.pngH06uC5g.png

Draug chip on PP (ding), MU EP chip, Palla takes the KO. If you're wondering why I'm dumping so much exp into Palla it's because PKL said so. :V

K2xobcl.png

Last stretch!

zMcljlW.pngNe3nVZz.png

I was resetting for mag but I think I'll take the def proc over that...

GUt4GEB.png

Shard Palla can tank two Knights with Javelin whilst Sirius sits at the top right and can ORKO both the Bishops with his own Javelin.

sElWJA5.pngFtWp7WV.pngmfnAIrh.png

Isn't it cool when things are within 1 point parameters?

KCHOWiP.png

After that MU takes both the Shards and handaxe ko's the silver lance knight, blocks the passageway, then Palla and Sirius back off to get healed.

FUicEK9.png3oVELA4.pngC9oi61S.png

Killed one of the Javelin Knights on EP, Draug KO's the Ridersbane Knight, then Caeda gets the second last Knight with WIN Spear crit!

sL8Nijw.pnglCev0IM.png

Isn't it funny how the most edgy characters start with Killing Edges? :V

k8hG9IF.pngPFlR2lg.pngyanzye9.png

KJKcybX.pngczyfmTb.pngMyBzmfD.png

1FM32sy.pngbblYXaD.pnglpFqtyb.png

Well. Damn. That's certainly more interesting than the Caeda recruitment convo that I'd previously tried out on some other failed run.

9PfMc4h.png

Sirius and Palla got the last Knight, MU and Samto get the Sniper. Wait, why did I even make Samto attack, MU ORKOS :|

WuCumJP.png

Linde D Staves, yay.

wWjirzM.png

Save before fighting Lang.

iGHzvZn.pngLAWISP8.png

I'm a fucking ripped Berserker, show some respect you asshole.

RTD0GyZ.pngymDIdcP.png

I got some other units to chip for WEXP before Palla takes the final blow. I contemplated giving it to Ogma but figure he can get 4 stats in a drill ground anyway wheras Palla's kinda SOL on that front.

MGioMDZ.png

NO PALLA, YOU CAN'T, WE DON'T HAVE TREATMENT FOR THAT IN THIS ERA.

4k30cCo.png

Marth seizes turn 21.

KAKZCj6.pngtRR5jDZ.png

What are random dudes in various armies doing with Starshards anyway? Did they just pick them off the ground?

2PUC2wb.png

MOCHIRON.

glb4nmg.png

Hamfisted Gaiden time!

[spoiler=Unit Stats]

ACTIVE

UNIT       CLASS       LEVEL       HP    ST    MG    SK    SP    LK    DF    RS       WPNLVL

Marth      Lord        12.27       32    12    00    15    15    15    10    01       C SWORD
Irysa      Berserker  12/02.56     42    23    02    15    20    10    11    00       B AXE
Draug      Hunter      11.57       26    13    00    10    15    05    06    00       D BOW (D LANCE)
Ogma       Mercenary   09.39       29    10    00    15    15    06    10    00       C SWORD
Sirius     Paladin     05.62       31    16    01    17    17    06    14    03       A LANCE B SWORD
Catria     Cavalier    12.24       30    12    00    11    19    14    12    00       C LANCE E SWORD
Palla      Cavalier    15.55       30    16    00    13    17    10    13    00       B LANCE E SWORD
Caeda      Cavalier    10.39       27    12    00    10    20    19    12    00       C LANCE E SWORD
Linde      Mage        10.82       25    00    08    11    14    14    03    05       D TOME (D STAFF)
Malicia    Cleric      10.57       21    00    07    04    10    17    03    09       B STAFF

BENCHED

Luke       Cavalier    08.17       27    11    00    09    11    07    10    01       C SWORD E LANCE
Rody       Cavalier    08.31       26    10    00    10    12    12    10    01       C LANCE E SWORD

Edited by Irysa

I'm pleased with this one. Another short chapter, I foresaw a potential 1 turn with Sniper Killer Bow + Rescue on Marth but that's the easy way out, screw that!

[spoiler=Base Convo stuff]

swkmR2T.pngoRStB22.png64E8zDZ.png

JaFz9jn.pngiUrCxnY.pngn2dZYCa.png

Thick as a brick, MU is.

ClQPLZ1.png

(CAMUS)

nzgsKaT.pngbUFXY0H.pngnvLDmzP.png

Marth really didn't get any better at not blowing it from the end of FE11...

(lol Caeda actually didn't participate on this map, pretend she was in a huff, not that I wanted Draug at C bows)

Theres some stuff thats just some cumulative small things I figured out here, it was fun.

[spoiler=Stuff]How do I get MU de-equiped on turn 1 EP after Hammering a Knight, so he doesn't ORKO and expose himself multiple times? - Deploy Sniper Sirius to block the right path and ORKO the Archer at 2 range, freeing up a unit slot so that a Draug can take all MU's weapons off.

How do I improve the hitrates when killing the boss? - Use Iron Axe + Swords, but then I'm 2 damage short of a KO, and screw wasting the Lady Sword on something like that.

So, Catria takes Gemini, MU takes Tauros. Wait, Sirius can't ORKO a Fighter on turn 2 without +1 str!

Have Draug pass the Tauros to Marth on turn 1, who Sirius takes it from to ORKO. Sirius then convoy drops the shard, which is then picked up again along with an Iron Axe by MU.

Its not much but I just really enjoy these small things about Fire Emblem, and this game brings it out.

Oh and, I drilled Caeda as an Archer again.

G4P7nM8.png

I figure she's far enough ahead on her str average by now, and now she's actually internally 23 speed for whenever that Draco promotion happens, yay. Next map I can drill Palla and rig speed, maybe I'll promote her.

Edited by Irysa

Well this is the first chapter in a long time where MU actually probably won't get to do very much useful at all, so I'm thinking I can use this as some time to build WEXP in stuff that isn't axes, given my MU can't get into Dracoknight. The question is though, try to get to C swords (Hero), or C bows (Horseman), what would be more useful in the long run?

Also, I'm interested in seeing if I can get all the items without a rescue staff use.

Edited by Irysa

This chapter looked a lot harder than I thought it would be. Dumping EXP into Palla and drilling her really paid off, DK Palla was actually capable of tanking a Silver Bow shot and avoided being doubled by the boss with Scorpio! I had a few pretty silly misses and crits but it worked out in the end from my planned strat. Also, since I actually did it kinda fast (shock, horror) I did another video, so I guess I'll just stick to not doing vids of chapters that last really long.

[spoiler=Chapter 7 Screenshots]

BpugtFJ.png2l1s6Ez.png

Another really cool chapter intro shot.

yJBJ2GG.png

The most badass old man in FE after Marcus.

whQhMNd.png

Some idiot with really big muscles.

ojEdYHX.png

Hey, I'm stupid but I'm definitely stronger!

CYMJEyI.png17ndQAs.png

Hell, his own units are scarier!

dY0JHBJ.png

Durr

Q4NFmJ3.png

Oh god please don't let there be awkward romance potential in these base conversations with MU.

*checks wiki*

NOOOOO

MyRwS8A.pngKBDE4hc.png

It's okay, you'll catch up someday Catria!

hpHJ047.pngODIjmc3.png

zvhVrzg.png

However, that day is definitely not today.

nFJf890.png

Also drilled Ogma because I'm paranoid about him not actually being fast enough as a horseman, and hell, if I don't have access to lunatic boosters AND grab all treasure, I have spare cash anyway right?

sjTZ0FV.pngBVOIuUf.png

I will do Feena's character a service here by not posting the rest of the conversation, beacuse it totally should have ended here. You all know how silly it goes.

qqILgei.png

So, there are a bunch of things you can do but since I want to get all the items, I couldn't see any other way to get the first master seal thief without doing this. Turn 1, rig a crit on the thief with the iron sword. Luckily Navvare starts with a Killing Edge so that's pretty easy.

osxT4R8.pngHXHz2SE.png

Then get danced by Feena and chip the other one with that Iron Sword that the other thief dropped. (hilarity, the first time I tried this Navvare crit twice. The second crit was with an Iron Sword. As awesome as that is, I restarted anyway lol). Then Malicia uses Physic so he doesn't instantly die to some other hunter. Oh right, all the Item holding thieves don't really care about you and just try to run away, so only the itemless ones are aggressive.

F8KLqi1.pngOpv8lQM.png

Sirius and Palla ram themselves up the map whilst Catria and Caeda follow, along with Marth who will have to make his way through the forest on foot. With any luck, I can get him a few thief kills. Not shown, Catria hits B lances.

Wn5GfVI.png

On the other side of the map, MU (who is now a Horseman because I felt like trying to build some bow rank) chipped the Fire Dragon after activating it.

sYNHbZ8.png

First up, I pop the save with Caeda cause I need to rig another crit.

AXEnfU5.pngDNtzSDv.png

After I rig a crit on the Hunter, I get Sirius to finish off the escaping master seal thief. I don't really see how else you get this guy without having a 22/23 speed DK to double him, which I guess is possible for MU.

xcVISxa.png

I have a feeling Sirius is going to start falling behind in stats soon compared to the rest of the Royal Airforce...

7dhcHKx.pngxKy3I4z.pngHjZfbjw.png

DK!Palla with Tauros and Gemini is actually just able to oneshot thieves with steel, I didn't need to expend any Silver Lances on this map! Here she got danced by Feena and also blocks off a Hunter from hitting anyone else, whilst being capable of tanking a hit.

p4cPndM.png

Lol, Malicia has procced an uncanny amount of def for a female Cleric so far...

VSf8i5b.pngqnCFHnC.png

I let Ogma take the Dragon kill. Marth gets a thief. Catria flies up to Caeda and uses a vulnerary.

8O09zRS.png

SO TANKY

ORYzk39.pngwkIm1dO.pngt3N6pAr.png

PALLA SMASH

I6CHHtS.pngnhC0qDz.png

Sirius chipped the Wo Dao thief so Caeda can take it next turn. Catria onerounds the last Hunter. I tried to get Caeda to Javelin chip the Bullion thief but she missed :facepalm:. I can still work it out from here though.

aKLymPD.png

What the hell is this doing in a Dragon Cave anyway?

T5sV1ra.pngVOhkQ2C.png

Global Physic is so clutch.

XQ34oXE.png

This thief will hopefully go for Marth next turn so he'll get another kill on his otherwise lonesome treck. Not shown - Reinforcements spawned! Damaged MU pulled the Knights and Cavs down whilst the mage went after Navvare who stood on the edge of the Hero attack range.

dP8qWxo.png

Bottom group is positioned to deal with the Cavs.

a0l8t9E.png

Sirius has to wander into range of the Heroes to kill this mage but Feena can save him by dancing him out of there. Caeda kills the Wo Dao thief.

etNbET9.png

Now I have I pop my second save beacuse we have like 10 level ups inc and I'd rather they not all be terrible!

NwGYdqc.pngMBXPfJG.png

GREAT START.

vW04FvU.png

Fuck, Sirius missed his Javelin on the bullion thief too :facepalm: I'll get him with Catria next turn.

Rf3cQLA.pngMiaN8Fx.png

Keep proccing speed marth, you have to make it to that cap!

GdEB0O9.pngyWla9HB.png

Def is good, you're def starved!

uUcfVnJ.pngKEKzqx7.png

The only kind of level up I care about from Draug.

SbnaRwb.pngXubfhw3.png

THE LEVEL UP TRAIN AIN'T STOPPING.

LnF4JDU.png

Catria kills the last thief (finally), and uses a vulnerary so I can kill the last reinforcement mage on my last turn. Unfortunately I can't pull the heroes on turn 5 since a mage spawns then too and he has range of everywhere the heroes do from up here so :(

Rcf1vxF.png

I wanted to feed this kill to Sirius but Palla crit <_<

nCMctDD.png

Holy fuck

5buQcU6.png

I actually got so scared of letting Catria take a level now because I was like "omg too many good level ups, Catria's will suck", and then I remembered I have a good excuse to drill her as an archer anyway so shard Sirius oneshot the Mage instead as compensation for not getting the boss kill.

D4dws7s.pngw8aKyox.png

I mopped up what reinforcements I could.

C0YCtb9.png

Marth seizes turn 6

eD5I8A9.png

Jagen, I totally recovered everything.

WOpRgCe.png

Swag level is approaching maximum next map.

[spoiler=Chapter 7 Video]

[spoiler=Unit Stats]

ACTIVE

Marth      Lord        13.16       33    13    00    16    16    16    11    01       C SWORD
Irysa      Berserker  12/03.08     42    23    02    16    21    11    12    00       B AXE
Draug      Hunter      12.15       27    14    00    10    16    05    06    00       C BOW (D LANCE)
Ogma       Mercenary   10.98       30    11    00    16    16    06    10    00       C SWORD
Sirius     Paladin     06.31       32    16    01    18    17    06    15    03       A LANCE B SWORD
Catria     Cavalier    13.92       30    13    00    12    20    14    13    00       B LANCE E SWORD
Palla      D.Knight   16/02.59     34    20    00    18    20    10    17    00       A LANCE E AXE
Caeda      Cavalier    12.70       28    12    00    10    20    20    13    00       C LANCE E SWORD
Linde      Mage        11.32       26    00    09    12    15    15    03    05       D TOME (D STAFF)
Malicia    Cleric      11.68       22    00    07    04    10    18    04    09       A STAFF
Feena      Dancer      02.02       17    03    00    03    14    09    06    00       E SWORD 
Edited by Irysa

Told ya training Palla was something you wouldn't regret. As your Avatar can't be a Dracoknight, I expect your main team carrier to be Palla and she's very fit for the job. I still remember my first H3 playthrough where my Avatar sucked, Palla carried me so hard. Having a Dracoknight that can tank 3 hits or more (like a Lunatic boosted Avatar) is super useful, so you should consider giving the second Seraph Robe and some Dracoshields to her (the first Robe should honestly be for Marth to help his xp gain) just like a LTC playthrough gives a bunch of defensive boosters to Avatar to reach amazing HP+Def.

UHHHH

GUYS.

Isn't base arena not supposed to count capped stats? Because somehow Caeda just managed to get 4 stats in base arena when she's already capped speed and luck.

BXkSRbZ.png

If my Calc is correct. Caeda's total growths ignoring speed and luck (since they are capped) add up to 225% as a Cavalier. If that's the case, how did she manage to get 4 stats? I was pretty consistently getting 2 stats most of the time and the occaisonal 3, but since I was resetting to try to get a decent final level before promotion this happened...

Edited by Irysa

UHHHH

GUYS.

Isn't base arena not supposed to count capped stats? Because somehow Caeda just managed to get 4 stats in base arena when she's already capped speed and luck.

BXkSRbZ.png

If my Calc is correct. Caeda's total growths ignoring speed and luck (since they are capped) add up to 225% as a Cavalier. If that's the case, how did she manage to get 4 stats? I was pretty consistently getting 2 stats most of the time and the occaisonal 3, but since I was resetting to try to get a decent final level before promotion this happened...

It's known, I noticed this oddity a long time ago too. My theory then (and still is) that the growth total is still the same, but the game treats it like the capped stats can still proc, hence why most of the time it appears as if the growth total is new.

So I ended up mega cheesing chapter 8 with quite possibly the lamest TC ever at 56! I got inspired to do this via that trick I found out in chapter 1, where the enemy AI was too stupid to move backwards to rearrange their formation, letting me slowly kill the bandits in a chokepoint.

I got the frontline enemy generals and cavaliers to break their weapons on General!MU, General!Caeda and DK!Palla w/Taurus and DK!Sirius w/Cancer without weapons equipped whilst Linde ran around spamming heals with Feena. After the frontline weapons broke I let Ogma get a ton of bow wexp, Malicia a ton of Tome wexp and Draug a ton of Sword wexp. Marth took some kills with a Levin Sword, whilst the rest of the Royal Airforce got some exp here and there too.

I would have promoted Catria as well had it not been for some more advice to wait until I get an Elysian whip to turn her into a FalcoKnight instead of a Draco, so she'll stay unpromoted a while longer.

I originally had the idea of using shard DK Palla to pull all the generals and legging it for the boss like the game encourages you to do, but getting considering this was pretty easy and got me a LOT of nice wexp across the board, why the hell not? Obviously there is not much interesting to explain in detail via screens, so have some conversation commentary instead.

[spoiler=Chapter 8 screens (mostly dialogue)]

Nbdisu4.pngFqn69fP.png

XilArI1.png

Swagnation, that's what.

cMLJj4j.png35Hr0q4.pngMBdsJss.png

Caeda drilled (4 STATS AFTER CAPPING SPD AND LUK!) and then promoted, and promptly reclassed to General. Catria was also drilled as an archer.

C07yWDb.png

Is there really no better word you could have used here? :\

BQwm9ru.png

I hate these kind of conversations, since when do you have the time or resources to make fucking candy before a battle?

K2Pyu6B.pngFj0OLlR.png

Cue another girl on MU's harem. Are you locked to max ranking a support with one of the women?

OpCGt1y.png

I'd paste the whole thing but it's not as funny as 11's. That being said it's still pretty amusing.

9ycsbrR.png

Hardin's a fat liar, he doesn't move at all.

L9hFNvl.png

You know what they say about cornered animals...

5ZM9XMR.pngNav4woD.png

They break your army's weapons and hole up in a chokepoint!

z5zrSqG.png

Also, Marth has another one of those map wide conversations like with Camus in 11. They must have gotten really hoarse yelling across the sea.

97tVtVl.png

Marth seizes turn 56 (after stabbing Jeorge a bit)

o0Ey9DF.png

EVERYONE BUT ASTRAM AND HARDIN IS DEAD >:(

Since there were a bajillion levels here are unit stats instead.

[spoiler=Unit Stats]

ACTIVE

Marth      Lord        15.03       35    15    00    18    18    18    12    01       C SWORD
Irysa      Berserker  12/04.45     43    24    02    17    22    12    13    00       B AXE (D BOW)
Draug      Hunter      14.90       28    16    00    12    17    07    07    00       C BOW (D SWORD D LANCE)
Ogma       Hunter      15.13       35    17    00    16    18    10    10    00       D BOW (C SWORD)
Sirius     D.Knight   ??/08.01     32    19    01    19    19    08    19    03       A LANCE B SWORD
Palla      D.Knight   16/03.81     35    21    00    19    20    10    17    00       A LANCE E AXE
Caeda      D.Knight   13/02.43     32    15    00    15    23    21    17    00       C LANCE (D BOW)
Catria     P.Knight    16.80       31    14    02    17    20    15    13    00       B LANCE
Linde      Mage        18.00       26    00    13    17    20    20    03    08       D TOME (C STAFF)
Malicia    Cleric      15.05       25    00    10    05    14    19    05    10       A STAFF (D TOME)
Feena      Dancer      09.89       24    07    00    10    21    16    07    00       E SWORD

Since I have a bunch of people at at D bows now, it might be time to make that fabled steel bow forge! (plus, more Dracos next chapter) Also, Ogma is turning out really nicely, and should make an excellent horseman. Linde also looks ripe for a promotion, just in time for a desert chapter.

Edited by Irysa

Hey man, Hardin totally didn't move and neither did Marth. That CG is bullshit. Unless the Darksphere allows Hardin to project himself like Gotoh does.

Actually considering he's glowing, maybe it does. :V

Edited by Irysa

Stream of conciousness:

It looks like its time to pick the odd job 12th unit in this run.

• Obviously, Marth, MU, and Feena are must haves. MU may want arms scrolls to be able to use bows and swords effectively since Horseman has more utility than Berserker. He has the potential to reach C bows as a horseman in near future, and already has D as a Warrior (kind of useful)
  • Catria and Palla follow as a matter of course. Catria will be promoted to Falcoknight whenever I get a whip since it's been suggested to me already. Palla is my main Dracoknight.
  • Sirius still has versaility and has actually turned out pretty strong, although he is going to grow slower and slower, already being level xx/08 is severely hurting his exp gain. If he hangs on with his next few level ups then he can stick around (they've all been very good so far), and he's the also the only guy with A in swords, maybe with some effort he can make it to A sword as a Pally.
  • Caeda sticks around because I like her, and her str and def are way above avg so she should be fine since she doubles everything.
  • Malicia has A staves already, which whilst not important YET saves headaches later, and she will have C tomes on promotion to Sage.
  • Linde has C Tomes on promotion, and an internal almost B staves (B with Bishop reclass) Plus she's mag blessed/rigged along with her really high speed (she's naturally 30 as an SM right now so Levin Sword Shenanigans are for real, though I'm already down to 17 uses, and I dunno if I get any more D:)
  • Ogma has wicked stats and should be able to make it to C bows and B Swords naturally before promotion to Horseman (B swords might be ambitious actually). He's probably going to be better than Draug. He will probably need an arms scroll to use Parthia though, and may have trouble making it Mercurius.
  • Draug has pretty good stats and has already made it to C bows and D swords. He should be able to reach B bows with the horseman promo boost, and maybe Parthia. However it's unlikely he can get to C swords without an Arms Scroll. Aside from a speed lead he'll probably be worse than Ogma. Might not be as relevant to keep using?

So that's 11. I get Etzel and Minerva on this map, and Merric on the next. There's also Xane in the future. The question is, who? Obviously Linde at this point massively outclasses both Merric and Etzel WRT to anything besides using Excalibur (which lets them play catchup to good effect, and they don't need good stats to do technically), but Etzel is mega bulky compared to Linde, and Merric's got to be deployed on the final chapter. (Lets just say that after I found out in SD H5 that Marth was ORKO'd no matter what by Medeus I did my homework on the final boss in FE12.) I also quite like Merric, and it would be nice to use him, even if I let Linde fight Gharnef this time. Etzel obviously has the advantage of base D staves over Merric, who is going to have to staffbot like crazy when he's not blicking things to catch up to all that staff rank Malicia and Linde have now.

OTOH, Minerva is an oddity because her stats just don't really cut it. She's doubled by a worringly large amount of enemies, and she doesn't hit that hard when Hauteclere isn't backing her up. MU is only a few axe swings away from using that axe as well, although obviously he can't be a DK. Problematically she's also not ever going to get a promotion stat boost, and being level xx/04 means she's going to be gaining exp slowly too. She's kinda like a Caeda who can't double atm lol. I do like Minerva but I feel like she may just end up being used as a staffbot anyway, but her mag growth sux and I already have 2 female Sage/BIshops. So really that she has no use unless I want somebody to use the Aum Staff (NEVER!). Oh I do know she has to be deployed final chapter like Merric does but at least she has access to a 10 mov class by default, so that's easier than trying to get Merric into position (I guess he could become a Cavalier lol).

Xane can obviously duplicate whoever but technically doesn't HAVE to be fielded unless thats a thing you want to do, because he doesn't need to be trained, so I can kinda get away with using him and someone else. I think. Plus he needs a turn to dupe and I might want a third staffer on turn 1 or something.

Edited by Irysa

I say you have rigged enough levels IMO, seems like you won't have trouble at all with midgame (btw map theme changes from this or the next chapter). I expect lategame to force you to adopt some of the most well known strategies.

Once again astram squad is put in shame... at least he didn't get killed or isn't screened as failure so... Its ok for me

Good job overall. btw next chapter sells silver swords not really important tho.

I would say... Merric.

Etzel wins in HP/Mag/Def/Res, while Merric beats him in Luck/Skill/Speed.

But. Etzel can't be a sage, without male class limit removed.

Sages are way better than Sorcerers. Sure, Etzel can use Excalibur right off the bat, and spam Mend, but he has less possibility to be great than Merric.

Merric is level 10, while Etzel is promoted and level 6.

By the way, Merric can get (like Etzel) a lot of experience on chapter 11, so training him should be easy.

Don't underestimate Xane, though. He can copy MU, Palla/Catria, and your healer. That is just ridiculous.

Xane because he can copy units that are way better than your other choices. Sure, he'll be a turn or so behind but it's still worth it.

I decided I'm gonna try to use Merric, if only because I like him. Xane will get used too if it helps though, so basically, both of them! Props to another friend of mine for suggesting to stuff Julian full of door keys so Marth could convoy the boots immediately since it lets him get around quite a lot faster.

[spoiler=Chapter 9]

EljG2mb.png

XMDqmnD.png

Best city.

97mTvDm.png

Your brain only knows how to fight, we get it.

yiOS5ki.png

ykCq5lA.pngH0wjbiA.png6WgZUOV.png

kVnGeds.png

I guess he choked a point in chapter 3 that one time in my FE11 playthrough, but who started the Draug fanclub in the first place?

hRbO6y3.png

(CAMUS)

YzXm2cS.png

I'm even inefficient in battle prep screens. I reclassed her back to Mage, promoted, then realised I wanted her as a Bishop on this map anyway and reclassed back. What a waste of button inputs!

7EQsI8S.png

Drilled as an Archer again. At this point I'm going to have to do something stupid like get her to 90 something exp then level her as a Cleric on a map to get anymore internal speed. (I might actually do it for shits and giggles)

4Z5Waum.png

I initially thought about making a bow forge, but then decided against it for now.

BZWmkAB.png

It's FE6 Yodel's evil twin from a different dimension!

iP99K9U.png

I wish the map sprite for Sorcs didn't make them look so fat.

v3OdtfI.png

MARTH JUST HAS TO VISIT ALL THOSE VILLAGES. You'd think the enemies would like, leave 4 heroes to ambush the guy and surround him on at least one in some map.

2p4xXhY.png

I initially deployed Caeda as a Draco but then I got mad because she leveled up and wasted a speed proc due to being capped so I deployed her as a sniper instead because that ONE POINT OF SPEED REALLY MATTERS TO ME OKAY.

lCU7Osm.png

Catria's job this map is to kill all the thieves.

HxaGrYQ.png

Why does Feena have a 60% str growth anyway? Can she actually kill anything on lower difficulties?

C3sqVHv.png

MU and Palla pull 2 Dracos and Sirius gets a 3rd on the right.

bKhEll5.pngkfMc43e.png

Next turn Caeda blicks one, Sirius chips to let Marth take a kill.

lbAe7JY.pngmPdo94a.pngLDtBGc6.png

Draug and Ogma blick the other two. MU chucked a hand axe so Ogma could use up an Iron Bow instead of Steel. Catria killed another thief.

Bs9Jo8X.pngcJe4O6w.png

I'm trying to make sure that Linde has C staves as a Sage instead of a Bishop on this map so Malicia doesn't really do much healing at all. MU is danced and protected Caeda from getting hit at 1 range by a Mage.

Qm8I4UF.pnguI41Gga.png

MU got one mage. Forgot to cap Palla killing another mage but there's her level.

mGpJmAY.png

From FE11 experience, I can say Boots on Marth is the way to go, even in casual playthroughs <_<

0B9MihK.png

Everyone backed up, Marth ate his boots. Linde leaves enemy Mages at 1 hp with fire and can take a lot of hits cause Bishop res. Catria got another thief.

PxrviEA.pngWtdfYer.png

Exp whoring Etzel.

0q6QMxU.pngJyz6reB.png

What's funny is that this is technically true, just not yet lol.

Dd6niIa.pngKbTDWst.png

Mopped up the Mages. MU hit A axes. Marth is now going to have to treck counter clockwise round the map to get to Minerva. Julian got the other shard.

kwBjyFx.pngYikC3YO.png

One Draco left. Catria got the last thief.

KkhGPGK.png

Sirius D axes. Will this ever matter? Who knows, I guess having the option to chuck a hand axe over a Javelin might come in handy.

8MgOCEW.png

YEAH, NO WASTED SPEED PROCS FOR LIFE.

EtsSCax.pngTqg9sr2.png

These bishops are complete jokes. Sirius lured the other Swarmer to hit him instead of Palla.

kN8S9Oy.png

Bought 3 Pure waters cause those things save lives!

0yGjX26.png

Astram squad vs Altea, round 3, ready, go!

60PpIJT.png

Take that delicious Pegasus Knight bait, you know you want it (thanks JSND for the tip :V )

CYHlaqD.pngZvj4NNI.png

Yeah you can totally go shopping and throw hand axes at things, just like old times!

GMpucnE.png

Holy cow, she comes with a free Dragonpike? Awesome.

xw4PdwX.png

I saved to do some arena battles for Draug and Ogma. Hunters have the easiest time in the arena in my experience in FE11 because archers don't do enough damage to actually be threatening, mages die in 2 hits, and so do other hunters. Assuming the wager is low ofc. Dark Mages can be a problem though.

Tf50HhX.pngbqcmw4a.png

Still holds true in this game.

sWMsTf7.pnggzaeQWl.png

Draug stahp.

MTOKIY2.png

SWAG

hkXgpp4.png

Fed Sirius the boss kill because he needs boss kills to keep up.

BTRDJ2k.png

Popped the save since I need to make sure the Heroes move the way I want this turn (plus it's Ogma's turn to get a level up)

K5t09O6.png

Catria gets exposed to 1 hero that she can tank so hopefully she pulls all but the single one Palla will be in range of!

UK1h412.png

Yeah, that works, so I reset and went to rig Ogma in the arena first this time.

g1eKBLu.png0pozfQJ.png

The exact same two cruddy levels in a row. Also Ogma's higher BST than Draug means I can't get sub 1200 wagers so I had to spend fucking ages cycling until I found out that the 1290~ wagers usually had Hunters he 2HKO'd as opposed to the tanky mages on the 1240~ area. Save point made this possible though.

ZzK09Sn.png

Yeah!

N2qgk2w.png9AsUpyu.png

Palla pulled a Hero. Draug did another round in the arena easily because of a low wager.

6edHeRV.pngktN7WvD.png

Sirius chipped to get a level up. He's actually not too far above average considering all the extra DK levels he's had.

8YzEXgp.png

Bow killed the hero and MU gets his worst level up ever, but this is fair game considering he's been walloping for tons of levels so far.

8mp0zD3.png

Astram is unfortunately too far north so I can't get any EP action here.

AowX0cb.png

Man Astram is pathetic. I didn't kill him though, don't worry Elliot!

R2buOgf.pngHRyBx25.png

Caeda + Palla kill a hero.

HtGpYbz.png

Sirius, MU and Linde get another.

AxOOJCr.png

DERP.

GWJ1Etz.png

It's not all bad.

kgDLTlR.pngOO4iWti.png

Marth gets danced and seizes turn 11.

[spoiler=Unit Stats]

ACTIVE

Marth      Lord        15.43       35    15    00    18    18    18    12    01       C SWORD
Irysa      Berserker  12/05.33     44    25    02    17    22    12    13    00       A AXE (D BOW)
Draug      Hunter      16.45       30    17    00    14    19    07    08    00       C BOW (D SWORD D LANCE)
Ogma       Hunter      16.03       36    18    00    17    19    11    10    00       D BOW (C SWORD)
Sirius     D.Knight   ??/09.11     33    19    01    20    20    09    19    03       A LANCE D AXE (B SWORD)
Palla      D.Knight   16/05.29     37    22    00    21    20    11    18    00       A LANCE E AXE
Caeda      D.Knight   13/03.19     33    15    00    16    23    22    17    00       C LANCE (D BOW)
Catria     P.Knight    17.93       32    15    02    18    20    15    13    00       B LANCE
Linde      Sage       18/02.25     32    03    15    18    22    20    04    10       C TOME B STAFF
Malicia    Cleric      15.05       25    00    10    05    14    19    05    10       A STAFF (D TOME)
Feena      Dancer      11.39       25    08    00    12    23    18    07    00       E SWORD
Edited by Irysa

HxaGrYQ.png

Why does Feena have a 60% str growth anyway? Can she actually kill anything on lower difficulties?

It's because Feena is the best, naturally~