FE12 H3 Blind Playthrough Log

Irysa

Great update! Your playthrough inspired me to start playing FE12, which I honestly wasn't that big a fan of, but maybe I'll get new inspiration or something. Or just be happy that Catria's way better than she was in FE11.

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks! FE12 definitely has some roughness around the edges when it comes to being a complete product so far, but I had a lot of fun with the earlier "puzzley" chapters. Obviously I haven't finished the game yet so I can't really entirely comment just yet on my feelings on the game as a whole, so those will have to wait.

Since this gaiden is a fog of war map, I decided to do a recording again (haha, I'm literally blind). However I decided to do that after setting up the map, and I couldn't be bothered to record any relevant intro or base conversations, but I kept the post chapter dialogue in all it's cringeworthiness.

[spoiler=Chapter 13x Base stuff]

X7S1LoJ.png

Oxymoronic title, heh.

3z347O7.pngg2c1Rpe.png

THE SAME WAY WE ALWAYS DO, STICK EM WITH THE POINTY END.

DN4AZMx.png

How do we even know there are meant to be allies here Jagen?

1D4iPDV.pngbmPmsmf.pngHgAj6Ah.png

MARTH HAVE YOU NOT LEARNED HOW TO NOT BLOW IT YET.

r4ufrhg.pngu1v3Is3.png

Okay I take it back, you've finally got it.

Sj6pHNc.pngvLShroM.png

I'm so proud, Marthipan finally grew up ;_; d'aww

KKmreiY.png4FV0PKi.pngTjDxbAn.png

7EE8L8F.pngtidZ6MN.pngmuBTF59.png

IYH8gsN.pngRQdMNjB.png98c93ME.png

sIWS5R8.pngba70Q4P.pngvz0L3KL.png

If we remove about half of MU's base convos, and the gag character ones (Feena, Malicia), there are actually quite a few enjoyable conversations in this game after all I guess.

Funny how both my favourite mages in the series (Soren and Merric) owe a lot to the main Lord and both use Wind Magic. Although personality wise, I guess they're nothing alike, haha.

Yes game, I definitely feel soooo bad for Miss I AM SO EVIL I WILL KILL YOU ALL just because you played sad music and tried to show me that EVEN EVIL ASSASSINS HAVE FEELINGS. I am cutting myself right now on Eremiah's edginess.

[spoiler=Unit Stats]

ACTIVE

UNIT       CLASS       LEVEL       HP    ST    MG    SK    SP    LK    DF    RS       WPNLVL                    BOOSTER

Marth      Lord        19.90       38    18    00    20    20    21    14    02       B SWORD
Irysa      Berserker  12/08.54     48    27    02    18    24    14    14    00       A AXE (D BOW)
Draug      Horseman   17/06.12     37    19    01    19    27    10    12    03       D SWORD B BOW (D LANCE)
Ogma       Horseman   17/06.20     44    22    01    24    24    14    13    03       C SWORD C BOW
Sirius     D.Knight   ??/12.05     36    21    01    23    22    11    21    03       A LANCE D AXE (A SWORD)
Palla      D.Knight   16/10.94     47    25    01    26    23    12    22    05       A LANCE E AXE             ROBE, SHIELD, WING
Catria     F.Knight   18/08.33     44    23    03    26    26    22    17    14       A LANCE D SWORD           DROP
Caeda      Sniper     13/07.82     40    17    01    23    29    26    15    04       B BOW (B LANCE)           DROP
Linde      Sage       18/06.37     33    03    16    21    24    22    04    11       C TOME A STAFF
Merric     Sage       18/04.53     41    03    15    16    19    15    09    10       C TOME C STAFF
Malicia    Sage       18/01.00     33    03    15    07    17    20    09    10       C TOME A STAFF
Feena      Dancer      19.63       30    14    00    19    25    25    09    01       E SWORD

Sirius can finally stop sandbagging to build Sword Rank. I don't think it's "worth" trying to grind C Swords for Catria, the Devil Sword suggestion by PKL seems legit enough given her high luck, and she only really gets access to Killers at C anyway. Lady Sword + Devil Sword should be fine.

Crunched some numbers comparing Ogma/Draug's averages compared to what they have, since I thought they'd be the most unaverage (after MU anyway). I forgot to calc in the Warrior level they got, but still the calc is not far off, slight increase in str/skl/hp and slight decrease in speed.

Ogma - 3 Merc, 7 Hunter, 5 Horseman levels

40.8 19 01 19.05 20.1 14 11.15 03.15

44 22 01 24 24 14 13 03

Bear in mind Ogma got 2 Drill grounds for 4 stats, so you could add 2 points on to his expected str, speed and 1 point to skl and def. Basically he's about a point or two ahead but not all that crazy aside from HP (but being a 90% it tends to break averages easily), and speed (rigged).

Draug - 11 Hunter, 5 Horseman levels (I forgot the 2 levels he got as a Merc in c8, again that basically ups hp/skl/def slightly and lowers speed )

31.6 17.2 01 16.2 25 9.4 10.8 03

37 19 01 19 27 10 12 03

Draug is hp and skill blessed and basically also a point or two ahead of his curve overall as well. Still not massive though I would say.

Edited by Irysa

I think I might be the only one with no issues with the Assasin subplot...

EDIT: Also, damn, Ogma is +4 spd.

It adds precisely nothing of value to the plot so far (only takes away), and I will be very surprised if that changes. I've seen this kind of shit too many times in various entertainment outlets for it not to make me groan. Gameplay wise, the gaidens are cute distractions, but not much else.

If you consider drills as boosters (money that translates into stats) he's technically +2 ( same as an RP :p )

Oh boy Eremiya's edge only gets edgier. Just wait and see.

How do you get edgier than murdering your suggogate children? Eating them?

Actually don't answer that, I already know how you get edgier. (warning, might be 2edgy4u)

Edited by Irysa

How do you get edgier than murdering your suggogate children? Eating them?

Actually don't answer that, I already know how you get edgier. (warning, might be 2edgy4u)

By rubbing her edginess in their face.

Of course, the conclusion to that arc is beautiful. I say this both seriously and sarcastically.

Edited by Ranger Jack Walker

Really tempting me to start a H3 playthrough since I finished my H2 one a couple weeks back. Not overly confident about it, but nevertheless.

As for 13x, at the very least you get some great FE5 music in there, if nothing stellar otherwise.

This chapter feels like it would have played out fine on lower difficulties, but On H3, I felt like I pretty much had to slowly clear out each segment before actually getting the Spheres, and even before that get all my units into position so they could storm the side rooms immediately. Not to mention that Marth has to spend like 10 or something turns just running around the map at the end to get chests/recruit tiki at one side of the map/run to the other side to seize...I mean there's only one rescue plus it feels like a waste when the map is mostly "done" anyway. And people say FE6 is bad when it comes to this stuff...

The opening move into the castle were a little tricky to plan out but luckily Palla's low luck serves as a great lure.

[spoiler=Chapter 14 Pt 1]

V2SDjZ2.png9FR9Dzz.png

I wonder if I can even put TIki to any real use in this difficulty. She oneshot some Dragons on the penultimate chapter for me in FE11, but not much else.

mwmuxzY.pngAsGJxHl.png

Hey, Awakening players, if we can give Marth attention despite him not being directly descended from Anri, why isn't there somebody in FE13 who's descended from Merric and Elice huh? (actually I dunno if there isn't, but I've never heard about anyone so...)

LANrG6p.png

I hate MU Marth convos.

XhokHzn.png8lRP5zi.png

Uh...when in Rome I guess?

QRx1FrZ.pngKO2uCdy.png

Luckily the enemies at the start of the map don't aggro unless you move any further up than Marth's starting position, so I get some leeway in preparing.

8ZDXfti.pngYHPSOtw.png

Scorpio Catria ORKO's this Thief with the Fortify staff (I contemplated using it but I didn't really need it). Catria can actually tank both but MU does a lot more damage than her at 2 range.

OHOo7F2.pngMPJgUcq.pngBfT3EUd.pngbWJzJpv.png

Next turn, Linde and Catria kill the weakened Dragons. Merric spams heals. Catria passed Scorpio to Marth so he can double Ice Dragons (ORKO with Wyrmslayer)

qq980te.png2G8JET4.pngClzoQyu.pnghtf1D9M.png

I get Linde and Merric to barrier Catria, Caeda and Linde since they'll be taking on some of those dark mages next turn. Merric is amazingly bulky compared to Linde, it's a shame Nosferatu/Resire is women only.

osVwbni.png

Now we're ready to head in.

lS3cVIQ.pngOGTwJZj.png

Xane (as Ogma) chips an Ice Dragon for MU to clear up the center path.

mCtt4a2.pngoS47EkQ.png

Shard!Sirius chips one Dragon, whilst Ogma ORKOs with Wyrmslayer. Draug trades for the Luck Shards and kill the Dragon Sirius weakened.

XpAWXBe.png

Linde and Merric heal Draug and Ogma. Linde is also in range of 2 Dark Mages to kill on EP.

iSeaw1S.png

Catria crit with her Javelin so that Barrier was kind of pointless, oh well. <_<

1gW1oO8.pngD9izhFF.png

Leo Palla with Silver Lance oneshots this Mage.

wrnXzTO.png

Marth tradeswaps her to her Javelin, since she'll lure an Ice Dragon on EP due to the crit chance.

afs7d3u.pngh6XH881.png

If Marth didn't have the speed even with Scorpio I could have done something like MU ORKOing a Dragon with Silver Axe to let Xane chip first, or Arms Scrolled Draug to C Swords so he could ORKO a Dragon by himself to free up Sirius. Marth is very strong right now.

pbELv2O.png

Why are the enemies still dropping Vulneraries well over halfway into the game? Why DRAGONS of all things?

qkbbaDi.png

Merric gets danced and heals Marth after swapping him back to steel sword to save Wyrmslayer charges.

2ztjJz8.png

Lastly Caeda will kill the Dark Mages on the right.

uaFIX6a.pngKGdfk48.pngte4gIQu.pngh3LgKKN.png

Standard Caeda level.

aCXRtFQ.pngGEljD5E.pngQ0m1siW.png

Marth's great luck stat heavily negates most of the thief's crit. Unfortunately he doesn't get critical avoid from Merric until the next map, which would have helped even more.

wPSqov6.png

1 Thief goes down to Caeda (doubles). Linde oneshots another with Aura. MU chips a Dragon for Catria.

QO4cDfx.png

:|

cVqnOVn.png

Draug also doubles thieves.

sYJEM0m.pngcYGrG6b.png

Well at least he got speed...danced to get the other thief.

xBntPJC.png

Marth killed the final dragon in range and proceeds to dissapoint massively.

73KD4FP.png

This isn't actually a bad level at all considering it's def.

V3NOo7P.png

Final thief goes to Merric.

6TrTGbK.png

I would save but I'm planning on doing it after I clear the right and left Dragons out, since there isn't a second save to use once you trade in your shards. This map needed a second save point :\

O2wzag4.png

These guys don't want to aggro...

GdBnsNR.png

Merric is such a bro.

X4jAqQn.pngSyTypvZ.pngbVuDHIk.png

GQLWdDp.pngSeKug87.png5N4AqwI.png

tvBULIy.pngWNw23oE.png3jRPrhc.png

sYIfeph.pngtpfReaf.png

I killed the rest of the Dragons and Dark mages currently on the map, one way or another. MU has honestly found more use as a high damage bowman in Warrior than any axing for a long time. Too bad the Horseman str cap holds him back a bit on that.

LNPCk6S.pngF3svte4.png

I like how Gotoh reminds you in case you're stupid enough to miss the giant blinking green square on the map. I'm putting my units here so I can kill the enemies behind these walls (Lunatic only) immediately once Marth trades in the Shards at the center of the map.

SwY9dMj.png

We're mostly in position so I save.

gq8QCc9.png

I'm not showing the full fail, but I suck at tilecounting so I actually had to reset after activating the cutscene the first time since Linde wasn't in range to kill a Mage next turn.

SVrG57U.png

Turn 20 I'm finally ready.

gaxsEth.png

But it doesn't, Anri never had kids Gotoh :(

ik3k0t4.pngRPxdt4p.png7zW1yPs.png

I don't like how Gotoh sounds so surprised that we found them all. Then again I suppose if we're being realistic, just randomly bumping into every enemy carrying them is kind of ridiculous.

BH3djuK.png9urFMqU.pngp10NQE1.png

Okay I take it back, Gotoh isn't stupid, Xane is. Gotoh knew all along, but Xane didn't apparently.

LByufet.png

More like I throw forged Dragonpike Catria and Palla into them..

FkxFUCs.png8PuXwYy.png

Can I get Starlight while we're at it too? Please?

Edited by Irysa

I really have to say, the longer its been after I've beaten this chapter the more I dislike it. If you don't want Marth to have to dawdle, you have to deploy Julian so he can grab a chest or two (probably just the Swordslayer chest and Thief the Again staff), but on this difficulty you feel gimped if you don't deploy as many combat units as possible. Also, the more I learn about efficiency for this game the more it seems to revolve around using a supertanky unit to stand in the middle of range of enemies, since there is really only so much you can do when it comes to AI priority spreading when the enemies are clumped together too closely/moving in a ball. I probably could ironically made this chapter "faster" by deploying Palla or Catria as a General, since they get like 7hko'd or something ridiculous by the enemy dragons, which would mean I wouldn't have to spend a long time setting up to kill side enemies + reinforcements in the first place. This is in contrast to FE11 where General!Wolf/Sedgar is like the slow crutch and efficiency clears (even in H5) can manage fine without them, even warpless.

Actually it's pretty funny how this loops back around.

In the easier games, "the enemies are too weak, so the best way to play is blitz with unkillable units"

In the hardest game, "the enemies are too strong, so the best way to play is blitz with unkillable units"

[spoiler=Chapter 14 Pt2]

3s0pzKh.pngwJWeFPT.pngvSmmJbU.png

MU dance chips the Dragons, Ogma and Draug take. Sirius kills the mage.

Q4gmtvw.png

Lame, Feenaxane can't dance people.

BNvIliN.png8xDlr85.pngS4yNg4O.png

Dragonpike Catria and Palla ORKO the Dragons this side, Caeda and Linde get the Mages. Tiki is thankfully non aggressive (I guess she'd be neutral if the game had that coded in, but it doesn't)

a8AKpQW.png

Oh right, Linde leveled.

xaySvPo.png

Reinforcements + those Lunatic only enemies hiding in the tower must be a serious pain in CR LTC...

4vOsQvp.png

I guess I was shittalking Vulneraries earlier but I'm pretty glad I packed a few to get some quick healing done for the reinforcements.

Y2p1cGG.png

Imagine if Reaver weapons were 3x effective instead of just weapon triangle reversing in other FE games lol.

bVbALYC.pnga0nhxhm.png

Internal C bows. Still has a bit before B as Horseman.

bOpnNVE.pngI7eQSNV.pngto5fLeT.png303WWlT.png

EP Palla Javelin lure into Catria and Palla Dragonpike...(Catria somehow caught up to Palla in HP and Def despite not getting any boosters...). Caeda killed a Dark Mage.

ym3Lgcl.pngOdbmLPw.png

I take pity on poor Sirius since we're done with Anri's Way and let him get at least 1 Dragon Kill for commemoration.

V7T2qo9.pngKycZyZ4.pngYuCexRI.png

I positon Marth to give Linde the Starsphere so she can Aura oneshot this Dark Mage. I could have had Marth kill the Mage but I was pretty sure Linde would hit B Tomes if she attacked once more so I let her do it. I was right too. Although I guess B doesn't really mean a whole lot, Starlight is C IIRC.

mjpmu31.pngzxxpKYl.png

Merric hits B staves. I'm not worried about him reaching A anymore, that means I'll have 3 A rank staffers as Sages and potentially a 4th if I need one in Xane for tons of fortify spam.

FMfB5sT.pngwTCpeSs.pngaTtaFxf.png

fugt3xU.pngouAIza1.pngsUKDA7C.png

FHLdcPx.png9Y1mdNy.pngDmaEmv4.png

I really hope you make good on that promise Marth...

hwiidZu.pngSOhAqxv.pngMn3cgTa.png

Eventually after all that running around and looting Marth finally seizes on turn 32.

[spoiler=Unit Stats]

ACTIVE

UNIT       CLASS       LEVEL       HP    ST    MG    SK    SP    LK    DF    RS       WPNLVL                    BOOSTER

Marth      Lord        22.21       41    20    00    22    22    23    15    02       B SWORD
Irysa      Berserker  12/10.24     50    29    02    20    26    15    14    00       A AXE (C BOW)
Draug      Horseman   17/08.77     38    20    01    20    29    101   12    03       D SWORD B BOW (D LANCE)
Ogma       Horseman   17/08.70     45    23    01    25    25    16    15    03       C SWORD C BOW
Sirius     D.Knight   ??/13.03     37    22    01    24    23    11    22    03       A LANCE D AXE (A SWORD)
Palla      D.Knight   16/12.44     49    26    01    26    23    13    22    05       A LANCE E AXE             ROBE, SHIELD, WING
Catria     F.Knight   18/11.28     47    24    03    26    26    24    19    14       A LANCE D SWORD           DROP
Caeda      Sniper     13/08.75     41    17    01    24    29    27    15    04       B BOW (B LANCE)           DROP
Linde      Sage       18/08.24     35    03    18    23    25    24    04    12       B TOME A STAFF
Merric     Sage       18/07.03     44    03    16    19    21    18    10    10       C TOME B STAFF
Malicia    Sage       18/01.00     33    03    15    07    17    20    09    10       C TOME A STAFF
Feena      Dancer      22.50       33    14    00    21    25    28    09    01       E SWORD

Ogma nearly has B Bows. Merric nearly has B Tomes.

Edited by Irysa

So basically, I am insane and I started another H3 No Mixed, No Lunatic Boosters, No DLC run where I'm not going to rig any fucking growths at all after the prologue*, because I am kind of unhappy about my units ending up so OTT. This run is still going to get finished as a priority though (hell, I'll do ch15 later today), I might periodically post stats for the other run to compare how things are turning out. I should be able to speed through the first half of the game at any rate now however, I can also make some things easier by not trying to do dumb shit like recruit Rickard in C5 (there is no point unless I wanted another master seal) or beat C4 without rescue, or not forge a goddamn bow. I also won't cheese C8 by grinding off all the reinforcements, and I can reasonably afford to just dump as much exp into Caeda, MU and maybe Merric as possible in prologue.

As it stands, I think I should settle for one less unit, spreading exp more thinly won't work as well when I'm not rigging level ups (and probably actually using the rescue staff). That and I want to actually be able to deploy Julian so I don't have to spend an extra million turns having Marth get chests, without not deploying my actual combat units.

Marth, MU, Caeda, Catria, Palla, Sirius, Merric, Feena are 100% in there. This is not up for debate.

Malicia is highly probable, Linde may be replaced, but I want to use her so she'll staffbot if all else fails. I want a Horseman so either Draug or Ogma. I'm leaning towards Draug because he'll likely get a gigantic level lead if I just man up and forge a goddamn bow for him early on, and give him the c7 robe. Since I'm not cheesing c8, I'll dump the arms scrolls freely for SilverBow/Wyrmslayer Access. Xane will be the 12th.

I was planning on Fighter/Pirate MU again, but there is the possibility of attempting to train Draug as an axe user, and having MU be a Horseman after starting as a Merc in Prologue, then reclassing to Hunter and getting a ton of EXP on early DKs. I'd love to do this, but the big problem is whether Draug can actually like, not die horribly or even get EXP remotely effectively as a Pirate early on without getting murdered (he sure as hell can't pull enemies like MU Pirate did), or whether he'll end up lagging behind in Dragon chapters (I guess if I'm obligated to make an Iron Bow forge then if I conserve it he can blick Wyverns fine as a Warrior). His defence is going to blow but it helps his crappy HP out. Iron Axe forges are also remarkably good so E axes isn't that big a deal.

*Drill Grounds is money for stats so I have no qualms with that.

Edited by Irysa

Interesting. I think you shouldn't do that. Your units already look normal enough imo. Sure, it cheesed some chapters, but come on.A

Also, Chapter 14 is a lot easier if u had used the Fortify u receive.

I'm actually a fan of this chapter when it comes to LTC because its challenging to play it fast.

Edited by PKgone

I don't think C14 was especially hard even ignoring Fortify from a non LTC perspective. The majority of the difficulty would come from managing reinforcements and enemies to the side towers whilst still getting Marth to TIki then back to the other side of the map, but that is entirely trivialised by simply killing everything and preparing before Marth gets the Spheres. The trigger isn't your turns, it's when Marth stands on the tile, so you have no reason not to do that in casual play. Which means you get an empty map where Marth is running around clearing up for 10 turns.

Fortify just makes it easier to efficiently beat the map, since you can afford to use PP to kill Dragons whilst in range of other Dragons once they all activate. However, I was complaining about how more efficient clears in this game in general seem to heavily revolve around a tanky unit that evades a 3RKO vs the souped up enemies, since otherwise your pace slows down a lot. This map in particular I could have beaten significantly faster by using a Starsphere General @ Javelin to tank the ball of enemies from the left and the bottom of the map after Marth talks to Gotoh, which I find somewhat ludicrous.

EDIT: Screw it, Horseman MU. I'll make Pirate Draug work somehow.

Edited by Irysa

I don't think C14 was especially hard even ignoring Fortify from a non LTC perspective. The majority of the difficulty would come from managing reinforcements and enemies to the side towers whilst still getting Marth to TIki then back to the other side of the map, but that is entirely trivialised by simply killing everything and preparing before Marth gets the Spheres. The trigger isn't your turns, it's when Marth stands on the tile, so you have no reason not to do that in casual play. Which means you get an empty map where Marth is running around clearing up for 10 turns.

Fortify just makes it easier to efficiently beat the map, since you can afford to use PP to kill Dragons whilst in range of other Dragons once they all activate. However, I was complaining about how more efficient clears in this game in general seem to heavily revolve around a tanky unit that evades a 3RKO vs the souped up enemies, since otherwise your pace slows down a lot. This map in particular I could have beaten significantly faster by using a Starsphere General @ Javelin to tank the ball of enemies from the left and the bottom of the map after Marth talks to Gotoh, which I find somewhat ludicrous.

EDIT: Screw it, Horseman MU. I'll make Pirate Draug work somehow.

Welcome to Fire Emblem. I think offense is more important to Efficiency of this game, especially later on though.

Did Chapter 14 make you hate this game? You seem annoyed lol.

No. But the quality of the maps went down significantly after the first 7 or so chapters, I was really enjoying the game up till then. (MU dicksicking and assassin subplot isn't helping but w/e)

Anyway I was just judging based on what I know from how far I am. I've been watching casual clears and efficiency clears of maps after I complete them to see where they differ/what things I came up with in comparison, it just seems like a rather common theme. I would disagree that the series as a whole neccessarily revolves around that concept though.

The series as a whole has always had that issue where your units can grow past the enemies and be extremely difficult to take down for the enemy. It's nothing new. It's more noticeable in FE8, 9 and 13 though.

That isn't what I was bringing up at all though. It's about how a player interprets courses of actions in the game and the point of least resistance. Besides, the prevelance of your game pace getting slowed down is not nearly as noticable in other titles when you can't hit a defensive benchmark.

For example, C14. The enemy layout at the entrance of the map is great, you can't kill the Mages in the side so anybody attacking Dragons there either needs to be healed up to survive, or, you kill the center Dragon and position around them so the Mages can't attack them, and then that translates into using your Bishop/Sage to heal one of those units and also killing the Mages since they have an existant res stat, etc. That's a string of neat realisations and observations, there are plenty more I could list off about the start of the map. The best part is that figuring things like this out actually makes it easier.

The rest of the enemies though? The Dragons outside the Shrine don't really add anything to the map because nothing inside the place moves until you move up, and there are no turn based reinforcements so it kind of just pads out the map when you're trying to get the Thief. Then the side Dragons nonaggressive status means you're naturally inclined to just safely kill them first for the same reason, which just pads out the map again. You can do some planning to avoid having to do it (especially w/fortify use), but it doesn't actually make the map any easier if you decide to plan stuff like that out, it just cuts turns. Most of the other instances of difficult maps in the series that I've played translate more planning into easier, more efficient or safer clears.

The General thing is just honestly me being internally miffed about the tanking stuff for a while and that Paperblade's ancient casual run was like 10 turns faster when he just threw General!Catria at 10 Dragons (lol) so I don't really mean anything by that. I did the same thing with Sedgar in FE11, anything goes when you're trying to make the game easier and I don't "regret" the way I did it or anything.

Edited by Irysa

The dragons outside exist to overlap with any unit that obtains the Fortify (which is Warp in other difficulties). And your strat is a good solution to the map, perhaps IS didn't consider that some players wouldn't go directly to Gotoh or that they wouldn't know more enemies spawn later. My thought process was different when tackling the map, a lot different, but that's because I see things differently. I gotta go fast like Sonic even when playing casually. I honestly thought this map was cleverly designed, but like everything, a solution to trivialize it exists and you've proven that.

I enjoy going faster when it makes it easier or less of a hassle, but I'm simply talking general game design. From an LTC perspective I have absoloutely no doubt this map looks fun to do, a lot of things need to line up for a quick clear.

If you don't want to discuss the subject anymore because of a difference in perspective I'm willing to break off the conversation but I'm not sure if that's what you're getting at with that post. So I may as well reply to what you pointed out as well.

The Dragons outside overlap on the unit getting the Staff, but the point remains that they're still extraneous padding, because they operate totally independantly of the rest of the map. A lot of the Lunatic only enemies in previous chapters actually greatly change how you're going to have to approach the map whether you're playing by efficiency or not (chapter 5 is a brilliant example, an extra DK or Sniper here or there change everything), but those guys are just kind of lazily dumped there. You don't have to exert yourself vs the main enemies whilst fighting them, and there's no reason to try to because there's no turn reinforcements.

Also, honestly, whilst it's true that not everyone would automatically assume to kill the side enemies immediately vs going to Gotoh first, it's not unreasonable to assume someone hits the save point after getting through the middle of the map, and then realising "wow that looks hard" after talking to Gotoh and reloading the save to readjust their approach.

Edited by Irysa

I finally made a Forge this chapter since it makes everything else so much easier if the ballista die quickly without Abel aggroing. 3 immediate rescue staff uses didn't seem quite as elegant as a +4 Javelin.

[spoiler=Chapter 15]

tyONDFc.pngCv7FgEd.png

The sense of proportions on this shot seems pretty awkward...

FpE69Tt.png

Man I look like an idiot.

nHjP2wM.png

Forged a +4 Javelin, considered putting crit on it but decided not to. I merged an 11 and 19 use together to make this so it's at maximum durability.

2xmmY7l.pngivusFCe.pngr3WXuPE.png

Everything is always Est's fault. Although luckily you're not forced to rescue staff her.

ynl01vl.png

I actually forgot to give somebody a Door Key the first time I did this chapter and since Belf is kinda holding them all in the convoy I had to restart. :facepalm:

OiHsyDW.png

I will prove the free silvers tier wrong today but making Dolph actually contribute, just watch!

T6LJjC4.pngTXjQImD.png

Barrier Catria to beef her up vs the Bishops near the Ballista, ORKO a Ballista with Iotes and Starsphere safely out of range of Abel.

PGnfmBi.png

With one Ballista down it lets other fliers move up much farther on the left, which is important to make sure I can save the Dracoshield VIllage from being looted.

D1deAJ2.png

On the right, Linde will ORKO a Paladin with Aura whilst all the other enemies charge up.

vm0nBbN.png

Catria kills both bishops...

71v7vva.png

If she couldnt have survived I could have thrown her that robe. I'm still hanging onto it in case I really feel that a Nosferatank is going to really save my ass, here it seemed like a waste since I can deal with all these enemies just fine anyway.

qdsVuxo.png7714sB1.png6mgnzTB.png

This Javelin chip by Dolph is actually legit helpful, because Ogma is exactly 1 attack off Silver Bows so I have to use steel. (Technically I could ahve drill grounds to get to B bows but screw that.)

tBIvm8m.pngEOe3dUP.png

Now that he has access to Silver Bows he can ORKO Paladins at 2 range.

jPauVgX.pngd5JyJCX.pngrqRZkk2.png

Linde gets another Paladin with a welcome Aura crit, saving charges. Everyone else cleans up.

WdYyYup.png

I actually wanted to give Malicia this kill but Merric crit with Excalibur.

LjNyDMH.pngKysAH07.pngbTgwVs0.png

Left side, Catria ORKO's the sniper whilst Caeda, Marth and MU kill the knights with effective weaponry. Palla oneshots the mage.

q0glonc.pnghsAV5De.png

I save with Palla on turn 3. Caeda + Catria get the first thief (who cares, she's capped in 3 stats)

DrpaiAc.pngKdcRIEg.png

I opted for the Dracoshield village over the Energy Drop one since honestly a lot of my chars are near or at the str cap already, wheras def is a long way off for a bunch of them.

k5WKOKl.png

Right, I get ready to rush down next turn.

h8mLfEg.png

I forgot to calc the fort defence when I was crunching numbers in the prep screen :facepalm:

akVBA6t.pngUkYKr54.png

I just steel chipped the sniper instead and let Draug get the kill (he swapped Sirius to Armorslayer so he can deal with that Knight in front of him Draug is speed capped.

CIWiuRY.png

Ogma oneshots a Mage with a Silver Bow use again (trying to avoid damage since I'm in a ballista's range)

HSd5jgk.png

Merric crits the Knight.

s3wRbHK.pngY483AIg.png

Caeda chips another thief for Palla and levels up again. Sirius kills the Knight on EP.

m8ivaNe.png

Reinforcements from the bottom start, but I had Dolph, Marth, MU and Caeda plug the 4 forts to the north.

nSgj2KT.png

Catria kills the second Ballista finally.

n5qnLLD.pngSFFNG5J.png

Feena passes the Door Key to Merric, who passes it to Draug, who opens the door. Ogma goes to chip the General before Sirius Armorslayers it, but he crits. Either way, I avoid the Killer Lance kill chance.

capaESE.pngKJz56rs.png

The Sniper only has something like a 4% disp crit vs Catria since her luck is so insanely high.

SAFCMkj.pngBaV8N9j.png

Palla starts killing some of the Ridersbane Pally reinforcements. Unfortunately she lured the Thief reinforcements to her too so they opted not to unlock the bottom door for me, so Sirius's gang had to run the the long way around the map to get back to do some fighting.

vi7wgLv.png

22 speed means he isn't doubled by Gharnef, so he can help out later in the game if Linde can't manage him herself.

AZ3w6r5.png

Still running around the map...

Dbdv2ws.png

No special conversations :\

cDQip3v.png

By turn 14 all the enemies except that one Swarm Bishop and the Boss's posse are dead.

0XiJMAg.png

I bought 1 Silver Bow. Maybe I should have bought a Silver Sword too, oh well.

siJT7Gv.pngg8AuyTD.png

Catria is so ridiculously good.

ZqzKyUM.png

I use the second save.

PSZwZtk.png

I wanted Caeda to get this kill with Wing Spear but Catria decided to crit.

UFEK8Fa.pngw6qlR4v.png

Abel is recruited by Est, since it's more fitting that way.

nvxA0Dc.pngG4foN0o.png

Palla decided to crit the boss too so MU doesn't have to bust out the Hammer.

3McLEqB.png

Marth seizes turn 20

RzUFKhF.pngrcQ26AX.png0IT1zrb.png

This entire conversation was pretty barf so I'm not posting the whole thing.

[spoiler=Unit Stats]

Marth      Lord        22.51       41    20    00    22    22    23    15    02       B SWORD
Irysa      Berserker  12/11.03     51    29    02    20    26    15    15    00       A AXE (C BOW)
Draug      Horseman   17/09.34     39    20    01    20    30    11    13    03       D SWORD B BOW (D LANCE)
Ogma       Horseman   17/09.56     46    23    01    25    25    17    16    03       C SWORD B BOW
Sirius     SwrdMaster ??/13.37     39    19    01    29    29    11    18    03       A SWORD (A LANCE D AXE)
Palla      D.Knight   16/13.76     49    26    01    26    23    13    23    05       A LANCE E AXE             ROBE, SHIELD, WING
Catria     F.Knight   18/13.24     49    24    03    26    26    24    20    14       A LANCE D SWORD           DROP
Caeda      Sniper     13/08.75     42    17    01    25    29    28    15    04       B BOW (B LANCE)           DROP
Linde      Sage       18/08.80     35    03    18    23    25    24    04    12       B TOME A STAFF
Merric     Sage       18/08.33     44    03    16    19    22    19    10    11       C TOME B STAFF
Malicia    Sage       18/01.16     33    03    15    07    17    20    09    10       C TOME A STAFF
Feena      Dancer      24.54       33    16    00    23    25    30    09    01       E SWORD

As for the other run, I went through all of Prologue yesterday with Merc!MU, Farmer's Child, Odd, Honorable. I completely ignored feeding any of the 7th platoon kills as much as possible, MU got 8.8 levels, Caeda got 5.11, Merric 2, got Marth got 3.5. Ryan got a level beacuse Prologue 4 demands he chips some enemies. Athena got a level but that doesn't really matter.

MU is going to aim for Horseman, reclassed to Hunter at C1 right now he ORKO's all the enemies aside from the boss with just an Iron Bow. To do this, he needs to proc 3 str (easy in that many levels), and 7 speed. Future bonus gives him 65% speed growth, which makes this pretty easy to meet given that I can still kill one extra enemy in C1 to get to level 10 for speed again if I need to. Beautiful/Recluse would have helped more than Odd/Honorable theoretically, but Hunter Speed growth is pretty bad, and Horseman base stats sucks + the str cap is relatively low, so this sort of helps in the long run more.

He can also ORKO all the Dracoknights for the foreseeable future on Irons, and should rocket in levels. Draug is going to go Fighter/Pirate and try to be an Axeman. Hopefully the base hp increase and higher Hp growth help him out.

Edited by Irysa

I am going to try to, but god help me those reinforcements look crazy. I'm probably going to have to deploy Swordmaster Peg sisters w/Lady Swords and Swordslayer to deal with the Warriors and Heroes. Starsphere FKnight!Catria works but it probably has to go to Ogma or MU...and Ogma can't double heroes unless he goes Hero himself w/Starsphere anyway >_< Berz MU can at least but reversed weapon triangle suxxxx.

In other news, on the other run chapter 2 is a huge bitch, I hate the AI there. I had to redo c1 and give Luke a level so he could get at least hp and speed so I could actually get through c2. Otherwise I'm missing a very needed extra unit who isn't ORKO'd (either via being oneshot or doubled) by some enemies on that map.

Fighter/Pirate!Draug is surprisingly awesome, he 2RKOs enemy bandits on C1 at base. I might have to forge him a +hit axe though, his skill is awful. And I probably won't be able to afford selling the Skill Book either.

Edited by Irysa

He is, I had to deploy him as Fighter there, but he can cope as Pirate in C2 if he procs HP (90%) in C1. Doubles a few enemies with a 65% speed proc, I think I'll redo C2 and put +10 hit on the axe as well as the extra 3MT he needed to ORKO cavaliers.

Edited by Irysa