S-Support Crackspawn Contest

Teapot

ABOUT - What if they mated?

Idea spawned by Lenh; further fueled by three people with too much sugar and caffeine in their systems.

Create the unexpected lovechild of two randomly paired characters from the GBA FE series.
SO APPARENTLY I NEED A RULE ABOUT THE HIGHLIGHTED PAIR OF THE WEEK NO THANKS TO SOME DIRT-POOR, ARMPIT-EXPOSING MIKO.

YOUR JOB IS TO MAKE THE CRACKSPAWN OF THE FEATURED RANDOM PAIR OF THE WEEK.

NOW I APPARENTLY NEED ANOTHER RULE ABOUT NOT PAIRING UP ORIGINAL CHARACTERS JUST BECAUSE THEY HAVE GBA-STYLE PORTRAITS, NO THANKS TO SOME STUPID-ASS, EGG-POOPING BLUE DINOSAUR. GBA FE MUGS FROM OFFICIAL GAMES ONLY.

Entries may be submitted in this topic; otherwise, they may be PMed if you wish to keep them private.

Contest winners will be selected via anonymous public vote.

The winner of the current week will pick the next pairing for the following week; anything goes. No shopkeeper portraits, please.

NO SHIPPING WARS. SHIPPING WARS WILL NOT BE TOLERATED WITHIN THE CONFINES OF THIS CONTEST.

If you dislike, do no support, or otherwise have some complaint regarding the current pairing, please keep it to yourself.

RULES - What can and can't I do?

• 16 color palette (15+bg), hackbox dimensions (96x80)
  • may be spliced, partially custom, or full custom
  • one entry per person; entries may be updated and edited, but only the final version will be accepted
  • child may be of any age, sex, or gender, but should recognizably resemble their parents
  • HAVE FUN MAKING BABIES

CURRENT PAIR - Get a room, you two!

s_wk01.png

NATASHA (FE8) x KAREL (FE6)

DUE DATE: Sunday, December 15, 2013

==================

DISCUSSION

So, seeing as we're just starting this out, I wanted to know if any of you had any suggestions to take into consideration before the contest goes much farther.

Points to consider: (more will be added as discussion continues)

• non-GBA FE characters - Would you like to use/see them, and would you be willing to sprite their offspring using default GBA mugs? This would allow for the use of GC, DS, etc. characters to be paired, and potentially allow for a lot more shenanigans.

Also, regarding the topic title: does anyone have any suggestions for a better name for the contest? We weren't really sure what to do, so I kind of ended up smashing together a bunch of the ideas we came up with.

Ideas included:

• DEM S SUPPORTS
  • S Ranks
  • CRACKSPAWN CONTEST
  • Pairing Generations
  • The Unexpected Generation
  • Bebe Contest
  • Love Children
  • Random Child Generation
  • If They Mated?
  • Fire Emblem: The Next Generation (suggested by eclipse)
Edited by · j e a l o u s y ·

I'm not that great at splicing, never mind customizing! However, this theme look hilarious, so I'll see if I can get something in time. As for the name of this contest. . .how 'bout Fire Emblem: The Next Generation?

*shot repeatedly*

We kind of figured it'd be a little difficult for less advanced spriters, so we thought it'd be best to keep with spliceable GBAFE mugs just for that purpose. That being said, the offspring just kind of needs to look like either/both of the parents, so you could really just slap their faces/hair/clothes together and call it a day. It's all in good fun, though, and it's a great crack pairing generator.

...and that sounds like a great name. I'll add that to the list, if you don't mind. XD

>sees due date

>day before my last 2 finals

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaah

I guess I'll go for the next round

lol Kinda the same for me. I'mma skip this round and go for the next. I'll technically be done by Friday, but I need to spend my weekend cleaning house and preparing to go home.

@L95 - As discussed with Lenh last night, I don't think it'd be super difficult to splice something that'd look sort of like the children of non-GBAFE characters, but that might deter some less advanced/less technical spriters from entering. We'll see how it goes, though, and if there's a higher demand for it. That, and we've kind of a huge mass of mugs to pair up; we're really not lacking in random combinations.

lol Kinda the same for me. I'mma skip this round and go for the next. I'll technically be done by Friday, but I need to spend my weekend cleaning house and preparing to go home.

b-but roomba D:

also I thought this was going to be a writing type contest, because I started brainstorming ideas for the supports before reading the contest details...

I feel foolish

also I thought this was going to be a writing type contest, because I started brainstorming ideas for the supports before reading the contest details...

I feel foolish

Herp. Sorry. You can still write S-Supports for everybody if you want, though. Bonus points if you write up all of their supports + a character profile for their child. ...actually, I kind of really want to see everyone's justifications/ideas/headcanons for their crackspawn.

Also, in case it wasn't obvious, I should mention that you don't actually need to use either of the parents' mugs to create their crackspawned abomination.

Edited by · j e a l o u s y ·

d6dc6d144e95a63f59156e5cf3d0e127.png

...And then I realized I'm probably not supposed to do this, you should include in the rules that the pair you use is the one specified for the week?

(also Eliwood Jr. has very little Hector in him)

EDIT: Thaaank you Lenh...?
[1:48:35 PM] Lenh: Technically yeah Eliwood Jr. could be the illegitimate lovechild of the KarelXNatasha but eh

Edited by 47948201

GOSHFUCKIT. FINE.

ABOUT - What if they mated?

Idea spawned by Lenh; further fueled by three people with too much sugar and caffeine in their systems.

Create the unexpected lovechild of two randomly paired characters from the GBA FE series.
SO APPARENTLY I NEED A RULE ABOUT THE HIGHLIGHTED PAIR OF THE WEEK NO THANKS TO SOME DIRT-POOR, ARMPIT-EXPOSING MIKO.

YOUR JOB IS TO MAKE THE CRACKSPAWN OF THE FEATURED RANDOM PAIR OF THE WEEK.

I finished the mug a couple of days ago, but I needed a story. I have time now!

vY8v3ZA.png

[spoiler=rambling]You must find you own way, my son.

I was always referred to as "his son". Whenever I carried so much as a knife, the adults would look at me with narrow eyes and scowls. Children my age would scurry away as soon as I stepped out from the dwellings I hid behind. Though I tried to run after them, I wasn't able to get across the village before my heart, legs, and lungs begged me to stop.

Never leave someone in need behind.

The elders of the village called her "the outsider". Though she kept the livestock healthy, she was always left to look on silently, as the other adults supped and talked among themselves. Not once did another woman offer to accompany her as she gathered the herbs that were vital to her livelihood. Never did they offer to trade with her, unless it was absolutely necessary. Yet she was always present when a woman was ready to bear a child, or an able-bodied warrior needed a broken bone fixed, or someone's prized horse was no long able to stand.

My father was allowed to have her as a wife because he protected the village from bandits. The women and children hid in the houses furthest away from the village square. This would be the only times other people would willing come to our abode - we lived apart from the others. One day, I grew tired of hiding. I slipped out, and saw an unfamiliar man fall, his head separate from his body. Another one, his back to me, gurgled as a red object ran him through. These were the bad men, and they would bother no one after this. In the middle of all of this was my father, his normally blue tunic stained black. The gleaming red object arced towards my head, and stopped just short. Liquid dripped on my face, and I saw my father's eyes widen. That night was the one and only time my father slapped me. My mother sobbed in a corner.

Some time later, when I was old enough to earn my own bow, another group of bandits attacked the village. Screams of pain no longer alarmed me. This time, a different yell echoed through the square. My mother quietly left through the front door, and no one tried to stop her. She ran back inside, her pale face flushed and her mouth pursed. The others refused to look at her. "Flee now, or this will be your grave," she stated simply. One by one, they scattered like a flock of startled birds. When they had all left, she roughly shoved my bow and arrows in my hands. She scurried to a cabinet, and hastily threw a set of clothes to the ground, followed by what appeared to be food and a canteen. I took one of my dad's shirts, and added it to the pile. Pain lit her eyes, as she crammed all of the items into a spare sack. My feet nearly gave way when I felt a pull on my arm. Mother was able to ride a horse, something that the villagers disliked. I said nothing when I felt myself thrown upon the horse my father had given to me for my last birthday. The yells sounded close - too close. She kicked the sides of my horse. She stood there with her staff, her figure fading into the distance.

My horse stopped once night began to fall. I wandered for a week, using the skills my parents had taught me to keep myself fed. No one was there to tell me what I could improve on, or to bandage my wounds, or to cure my horse when it broke its leg. The horse's meat kept me fed long enough for me to find another human - in this case, a city. Like my village, the residents were content to ignore me, as I foraged for food in whatever way I could.

You must find your own way, my son.

The city ignored others besides me. We found safety in numbers - one could look out for the guards while another made off with as much food as he could carry. Some suggested we attack the merchants who left the city, while others spoke out against it. One day, the difference transcended angry words. The battle was short, as all who dissented were silenced for good by my arrows. My body tingled pleasantly, and I felt a smile form on my lips. Was this why my father forbade me to turn my weapons on people? The survivors could only gaze upon me with blank expressions. "Come. It's time."

Never leave someone in need behind.

Only three of us remained. The others had found their demise through their own carelessness. Another target passed us, unaware of our presence. We lay in wait, as the last of the caravan's hoofbeats faded, only to be replaced by shouting and metal against metal. I spotted my first target, and chuckled to myself as he clawed at his own face, my poisoned arrow in his eye. One by one they fell, arrows peppering their corpses. As the last of the conflict died down, we slipped off into the night. When the battlefield was nothing but corpses, we'd take our reward.

My name is Liam, and I hunt those that kill the innocent.

[spoiler=mug notes]Someone with delicate features and wavy hair. . .unfortunately, an existing mug fit the bill TOO well. I'm not that great at modifying faces, so I went after clothes instead. His hair color is what I'd expect from a real-world person who was half-Asian and half-white. I tried to narrow his eyes slightly, and I stole his skin tone from Rutger. The shoulder pad could probably be shrunk a bit, but it being slightly ill-fitting is in-character (as beggars can't be choosers). Probably not the absolute best that could've been done, splicing-wise, but I ran out of creativity juice. Does anyone have some spare?

I needed a story

I thoroughly enjoyed that. More motivation to get up to date in Dof I guess. About the right level of reading between the lines I like to do.

Towards the ends of me not missing anything about it,

Why was Natasha shunned?

Some parallels to Greil, though fitting parallels.

Dissenters were those who wanted to raid merchant caravans, or "kill the innocent"?

Edited by deranger

[spoiler=responses]1. Imagine you were raised with everyone who looks similarly to you, as was your parents, and their parents, etc. Natasha looked nothing like them; thus, being closed-minded, they shunned her.

2. I left that intentionally vague. :P:

i made one i hope it is ok it is a female swordmaster i figured that if karle had a babygurl it would look like this

evayle.png

becos it looks like natasha but uses a sword