What kind of new Pokemon types can you make up an idea or introduced in the future games just like Steel-type in Gen II and Fairy-type in Gen VI?

King Marth 64

I kinda thinking since there were like two new types that appeared in the main games like Steel-type were introduced in Generation II games and Fairy-type were introduced in Generation VI games and I kinda wanted to see if they might add more new types in the future games after Generation VI, maybe some like Generation VII, Generation VIII, or the other Generations. But, I kinda creating a idea for new types that everyone can think what new types that everyone wanted to see for:

Here's my idea for new Pokemon types that I came up with:

Angel-type

• stronger against Demon-type (made up), Dark-type,
  • weak against Fairy-type and Ghost-type
  • what type of Pokemon from the previous games that might add for Angel-type: Chansey, Mew, Meganium, Sunflora, Blissey, Suicune, Delcatty, Milotic, Gorebyss, Luvdisc, Kricketune, Happiny, Cresselia, Mesprit, Servine, Serperior, Simisage, Minccino, Cinccino, Meloetta (replaces the Normal-type)
Demon-type
  • stronger against Fairy-type, Ghost-type, Electric-type, Fighting-type, Steel-type
  • weak against Angel-type (made up), Psychic-type, Fire-type
  • what type of Pokemon from the previous games that might add for Demon-type: Raticate, Persian, Croconaw, Feraligatr, Raikou, Grovyle, Sceptile, Poochyena, Mightyena, Exploud, Gulpin, Swalot, Groudon, Dusknoir, Darkrai, Samurott, Liepard, Simisear, Throh, Gothita, Gothorita, Gothitelle, Cryogonal, Zorua, Zoroark, Druddigon, Mega Absol (Mega Form only),
God-type
  • stronger against Demon-type (made up), Ghost-type, Dragon-type, Fire-type, Water-type, Fairy-type
  • weak against Dark-type, Fighting-type, Angel-type (made up),
  • what type of Pokemon from the previous games that might add for God-type: Ninetales, Entei, Hariyama, Wailord, Lopunny, Regigigas, Uxie, Simipour, Sawk, Solosis, Duosion, Reuniclus, Haxorus, Braviary (replaces the Normal-type), Tornadus, Meowstic, Xerneas, Mega Blastoise (Mega Form only), Mega Kangaskhan (Mega Form only), Mega Mewtwo Y (Mega Form only)
I am kinda trying to find other types that I might add later.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

angel and demon honestly just sound like fairies and dark types to me...

god types most of your suggestions make no sense to me(lopunny? simipour? sawk? solosis trio? what is this?? meowstic????).

tbh the only thing I can really see is adding a sound type, but even that I'm not a fan of

I think there are enough types for now, what they need is new type combos(CAP is a good example of this)

also, you forgot to mention that Dark was introduced in Gen II as well as Steel.

funny how all of the new types are related to each other in some way, Steel > Fairy > Dark --> Steel

Edited by Kitty of Time

Chaos type

Super effective:Psychic, Fairy, Normal

Weak against:Ghost, Dark

List of pokemon: Umbreon, Espeon, Wobbufet, Porygon, Porygon2, Porygon Z, Exploud, Bannette, Absol, Loudred, Deoxys, Dusclops, Dusknoir.

I think there are enough types for now, what they need is new type combos(CAP is a good example of this)

that and type effectiveness revisions

there's a massive number of unused type combinations. there are 324 type combinations and i think less than half of them have been featured.

that and type effectiveness revisions

there's a massive number of unused type combinations. there are 324 type combinations and i think less than half of them have been featured.

Lets get a fire/water and dark/fairy type!!!

Simisage as an Angel? Okay.

I want to see a Normal/Ghost type, a Dragon/Fairy, and an Normal/Dragon.

As for new types, before gen 6 I wanted to see a Light type or something, but I guess fairy fits that description fairly well. Pokemon that would have been Light type would have been:

Ninetales, Meowth, Persian, Porygon, Mew, Meganium, Togepi, Togetic, Ampharos, Dunsparce, Porygon2, Lunatone, Solrock, Milotic, Castform, Kecleon, Jirachi, Togekiss, PorygonZ, Cresselia, Arceus (Light forme) Victini, and Cinccino. Helioptile, Heliolisk, Amaura, Aurorus, and Xerneas would also have fit the idea I guess.

Edited by Melonhead

Give me Bug/Dark, non-Rotom Electric/Fire, Grass or Ice, Dragon/Fighting, and non-uber permanent variants of Dragon/Fire, Steel and Ghost.

As far as a new standalone type goes, it's either separating Flying into Wind and Bird (or keeping it as Flying) or adding Light, but I'm positive neither will happen.

Edited by Woodshooter

Give me Bug/Dark, non-Rotom Electric/Fire, Grass or Ice, Dragon/Fighting, and non-uber permanent variants of Dragon/Fire, Steel and Ghost.

As far as a new standalone type goes, it's either separating Flying into Wind and Bird (or keeping it as Flying) or adding Light, but I'm positive neither will happen.

Honedge line :o

Seconding the Bug/Dark, Normal/Fighting, Bug/Dragon, and Fighting/Dragon suggestions. I see the Bug/Dark being kind of like an "evil" version of a Donkey Kong Country Zinger, except colored dark-yellow green to dark green with deep red eyes. I also felt that, prior to the introduction of Fairy, Granbull should have been Normal/Fighting. Vibrava and Flygon really seem, by appearance, more like Bug/Dragon. Too bad Trapinch is solely Ground and Bug/Dragon would make Flygon even worse than it is.

And, really, KoT and dondon have the right idea. How about we have less damn Pokemon that we already have 20 different previous examples of when it comes to type combinations - we seriously don't need more Rock/Water, Bug/Flying, Flying/Dragon, etc. combinations. (Yes, X/Y were much better about this. Let's hope it doesn't regress in the future like the plot did after B/W...)

For your consideration:

Psychic/Ghost

Grass/Dragon

Electric/Fighting

Dark/Electric

Poison/Fire

Bug/Psychic

Ground/Fighting

Ice/Fighting

Would also like to see something... better than Dragalge for Poison/Dragon, too.

But, basically, I just want type combinations that we haven't seen yet AND for the type effectiveness chart to be tweaked more. I still can't understand why Electric isn't super effective against Steel.

I've always wanted a steam based Pokemon.

Fire/Water type and I always figured Torkoal [an evolution of it anyways] would have it. Sadly no such thing exists

That split should have been done from the start. I always wondered why a Fighting-type is so weak against a bird pecking at it / why a Bug-type would be damaged so badly by being blown around.

I'm actually against most part-Normal combinations other than Normal/Flying. To me, Normal is elemental neutrality. I would strip Normal from the Deerling, Litleo, and Helioptile lines. Normal/(other type) implies a weak command of the other type, like Bibarel, Girafarig, and Wigglytuff.