First film you saw in the cinema?

Aizenberg

Quite possibly the Lion King. The first one I actively remember much of though, was Jurassic Park, because the velociraptors scared me shitless and the parents were all "if this is how you react when we bring you to pg-13 movies, maybe you won't get to see any more" or something. The first R-rated film me and my friends tried sneaking into under age was The Green Mile (we were carded and had to abandon plans).

The earliest one I can remember is Saving Private Ryan. I was visiting my best friend at the time, and his father took us to see this very violent movie. Quite some time later, my mother watched Saving Private Ryan on VHS. She could not understand how I could watch such a violent movie at such a young age without having nightmares.

I'm pretty sure the first movie I watched in a cinema was when I was 2 my mom told me I watched Toy Story I think Idk I might've been younger than 2.The first movie I actively watched and I remember was Kill Bill when I was 3,and I had a phobia of knives for sometime,got over it when I was 9 when my dad taught me how to cut watermelon.And first movie I watched in a cinema I actually remember might either be Toy Story 2 or Superman 3,probably Cars.I'm not sure which came first,but I remember watching those.

Okay, some more thinking (and also, googling dates, I see I was already way wrong in my first post, Lion King came out after Jurassic Park) but I know that I saw Who Framed Roger Rabbit in theater with my second cousin and family, and that preceded both of those by about half a decade. I'm not sure if I can come up with something further back than that or not. That's getting really young, and I'm (as scorri pointed notes all the time on IRC) old.

Young folks, I was over 21 when I watched Attack of the Clones with friends sneaking in beers to the movie theather.

Called my older brother just now to ask him a dumb question. He replied most likely its Enter the Dragon, although I have no memory of watching it at the cinema. The Last Dragon(1985) is not the first movie I watched but I remember going to the drive-thru movies to watch with my older brothers in his convertible Ford Mustang.

Wow, this thread makes it quite clear who is older or younger than who.

I remember drive in cinemas. Or, a drive in cinema, I've only ever come across one, but it was a ten minutes' drive from my mother's house. I watched something there in high school but I don't remember what it was.... I don't know if it's still in business (the drive in cinema has esentially died as a business prospect, right?)

Anyways, the first film I remember seeing in theaters was Pocahontas (1995). I even know the theater I watched it in! It was torn down about five years ago... but when it was around it was very easy to sneak sweets into because it was in a mall and happened to be located next to a CVS pharmacy, which of course for a kid was a candy store.

Far and Away, with Tom Cruise and Nicole Kidman, when I was a few months old. Why do people bring babies into movie theaters? It makes no sense. ._.

Your formative time was ruined by a bad movie so sad. :(

Like Paulina I too saw a movie in the earliest stages of my life, but unlike her it was Tim Burton's original Batman movie. Which is equal to a million-billion bad Tom Cruise movies. By the end of the movie I had learned well how to choke evil out of a man with only my baby fingers, and the rest was history.

Wow, this thread makes it quite clear who is older or younger than who.

I remember drive in cinemas. Or, a drive in cinema, I've only ever come across one, but it was a ten minutes' drive from my mother's house. I watched something there in high school but I don't remember what it was.... I don't know if it's still in business (the drive in cinema has esentially died as a business prospect, right?)

Anyways, the first film I remember seeing in theaters was Pocahontas (1995). I even know the theater I watched it in! It was torn down about five years ago... but when it was around it was very easy to sneak sweets into because it was in a mall and happened to be located next to a CVS pharmacy, which of course for a kid was a candy store.

lol are you 25 or something?

Gods, im ancient...Seriously...

*waves cane around and smacks random user on the head*

Anyway, the first i remember was seeing the first Ghostbusters film at a drive-in. Yeah..a drive-in. Remember those? Oh, right, most of you dont because they kinda died out by the early 90s. (maybe earlier...)

Far and Away, with Tom Cruise and Nicole Kidman, when I was a few months old. Why do people bring babies into movie theaters? It makes no sense. ._.

No money spent on babysitter.

I think the first movie I saw might have been Snow White. But I'm not sure. Maybe I'll ask my parents.