Any Bravely Default players?

VincentASM

I realise this game isn't out yet in the country that most of our forum-goers hail from, but I just wondering are there any players here?

If there are, I would love to add you as friends. My FC is 4871-3909-8599.

Currently, I've put about 7-8 hours into the game and am having a blast. Most of my time is spend idlying to rebuild the village though, as I'm currently working on a long project.

• Replies 450
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm planning on getting it during the Christmas break, but it's possible that one of my brothers is going to get it for Christmas for me, so I might hold off on it until after then. :P:

Yess I got it on release day here! It's an awesome game! I have invested so many hours into rebuilding already, I absolutely love this game!! I will you add my FC is

4468-1013-9845

Have to wait until February D:

I'm curious about that rebuilding sidequest. Do you also get helpers by adding friends or just through StreetPass? I hardly ever get hits so I'm kind of hoping I can just add people when it comes out in North America.

Vincent, Shelie, I've added you. Mine is: 3909-7667-0449

I'm about 16-17 hours in the game, playing hard mode (does that affect the power of the characters I send you?), and I'm around at lv.22... I've yet to figure out most of the online mechanics though. Anyway I'm happy as long as I can get more people to rebuild the village... Being stuck to 2 is quite terrible. And I'm curious to see your characters, haha.

P.S. This game probably has the best OST I've heard in the past 10 years.

Edited by Alfred Kamon

The game has an awesome soundtrack at least, but I haven't played it. I did enjoy 4 Heroes of Light for a bit, but it had really wonky pacing, and about half-way through I gave up trying to finish it. I've heard Bravely Default plays a lot like FFV, so I'm looking forward to its US release to find out for myself.

February feels likes it's a long way from now...but this game will be a great birthday gift to myself! I've managed to keep myself from YouTube for the most part, the the temptation to watch playthroughs is strong.

@Shelie: I can see you now. It was quite late when I posted, so I just went to sleep. Now I checked and I see you are in my friend list.

@Everybody who asked: Hmm... You can say this game is similar to Final Fantasy IV/V/VI, but with some good gameplay twists. Those include:

- The "Brave" and "Default" battle mechanics. There are things called Brave points that can range between -4 and +3, and you start with 0 at the beginning of the battle, and you gain 1 BP at the beginning of each turn. Doing any action usually consume 1 BP. Fact is, you can use the "Brave" command to spend up to 4 BP on the same turn. This means you'll actually have 4 actions (like, 4 attacks, or 3 attacks + item, etc.) but you'll have to wait for 3 turns before doing something again, since you can't act when the BP are negative. The "Default" command basically is a "Defend" command which doesn't consume BP. So if you go Default on turn one, you'll start with +1 BP on the following. So the game basically is about rushing through random encounters with 16 total attacks managing your BP wisely, especially against some bosses who have particular patterns of "Brave"/"Default" themselves.

- A LOT of classes to choose they're all unlockable though, through storymode or sidequests... Each class can level up (character levels and class levels are two separated things) and you gain new abilities and attacks this way. Then you can combine the abilities and attacks you gained with those of some other classes... in order to obtain your perfect combo. For example, you can get an ability from the Performer that attracts all enemies attacks on you, and then use the "Counter" attack from the Swordmaster to get reduced damage and counter any attack you receive. If you have the Angelic Ward from the White Mage, that reduces the damage you get, it's even better.

- You can pass from Easy / Normal / Hard to any other difficulty anytime.

- You can set the random encounters rate to -100% (no encounters), -50%, 0% (default), +50%, +100%(basically an encounter every three steps) anytime. Quite useful and less frustrating, if you ask me.

About the story... it's fine. It's about purifying some Crystals from the darkness while escaping from a nation who considers Agnès, the main character and vestal of wind, an heretic.

Edited by Alfred Kamon

Amazing; I didn't expect so many responses.

I've added everybody, except for Rothene and anybody after.

Ouch, got wiped out by the Red Mage boss. Revenge is cheap on bosses >___<

What I should do? Just power-level some more? I ran out of friend summons and all four of my special attacks (Level 2 to 3) didn't fell him.

Hmm... I haven't gotten there yet, Vincent, so I really have no clue.

I just beat Orthoros, is the Red Mage much later?

It's near the end of the next chapter; it's one of the sidequests.

When I have time, I'll see if I can figure it out. Or I could wait until tomorrow/midnight to get some more internet/friend summons...

I haven't fought the Red Mage boss yet, but from what I heard the overall tactic is to use the 'Brave' command as little often as possible, if at all, so Revenge can't be triggered as often.

I did enjoy 4 Heroes of Light for a bit, but it had really wonky pacing, and about half-way through I gave up trying to finish it.

The pacing is much better in Bravely Default. All your party members are assembled and most major features are unlocked within the first hour or two.

Edited by Ike-Mike

One thing I was wondering about in this game: are there major stats differences between the playable characters, and does it make a huge difference who I have in which job?

For example, are Agnes and Tiz equally good as White mage, or is one of them better?