Any Bravely Default players?

VincentASM

I don't know. I suppose we should try to oneshot him by calling a friend's character and see what happens. If I remember correctly, he should have 6000 HP or something... we can deal 2000 HP of damage and then summon someone with 4000+.

Gotta experiment that in my second playthrough...

/OT (this is totally unrelated, but since you are the Admin I think I could ask you. Why can't I quote messages or paste things anymore? Some time ago when I clicked on "Quote" button, the message automatically appeared in my quick reply panel, but now it doesn't happen anything. And when I paste, that panel that previously asked for confirmation doesn't appear anymore and it just stays... blank. I wonder if it's some known problem or maybe it's my computer that sucks?) /OT

• Replies 450
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmm, the quote appearing in quick reply works for me; I just tried it for your post.

I don't know. I suppose we should try to oneshot him by calling a friend's character and see what happens. If I remember correctly, he should have 6000 HP or something... we can deal 2000 HP of damage and then summon someone with 4000+.

Gotta experiment that in my second playthrough...

Yeah, it should be easy now that everybody's making good progress.

BTW, on a related note, are net-invited friends based on your level? Friends you register yourself are obviously better for summoning since they can be any level.

@Alfred, Thats funny I just checked and realised my agnes is ablinked to you XD I have been job training for awhile now so I should have some skills that would be useful, already mastered several jobs. Though now I am lvl 65 & still at the start of ch.4 lol

@Vincent: Yeah, I suppose they are. They all were at lv. 25 when I was at lv.20, and now they're at lv. 35 since I'm on my thirties.

@Shelie: That's a cute coincidence. ^^ But wait, you... you WHAAT!? I think you're not that much ahead of me, yet you're already at lv. 65. çwç

You should play in Hard mode in order to not make the game difficulty trivial at this point

Hmm... I would really want to master all the jobs in order to have an overpowered Freelancer, but that must require a lot of time. Like, A LOT. Unless you can challenge again bosses in the postgame, like in the demo... that way it'd be quite easy to farm job points.

Oh shut up Neal, you have Etrian Odyssey Untold that we Europeans probably won't ever play... ç_ç

Since they said they'd release it only if EOIV sold enough, and I'm quite sure it didn't.

But hey, if you're gonna play Pokemon, count me in for some matches, pal. ^^

/ In topic: Edea, you talked about some "invisible" quest in chapter 3... anything important or worth noting? I don't want to miss any quests if possible... :E

Yay, beat the boss troubling me. Dispel worked a charm, so did poison immunity. Although...

Hated how the boss always killed somebody each time they Brave'd; good thing they never targeted by Raise user...

Also, racked up 9999 damage already o__o

Will update data tomorrow to pass on the damage ; )

What, 9999!? How??

I'm really curious now, can't wait to call your unit to smash some nasty boss.

I got all the special moves from rebuilding Norende. Plus Physical Attack buffs.

Also, I think the numbers vary slightly when you summon.

I once summoned a 200 attack value summon and the summoned Edea did 2000 damage X D

Unless my eyesight was super terrible and that 200 was actually a 2000.

Edited by VincentASM

Hm no, I once summoned a 2000 and it actually did 6000, so you're right.

Don't know how the damage varies, though.

I think it's the damage the skill did in its original use, so it must depend against who it's used.

If you used a physiscal attack against that Turtle Boss or an ennemy in the first dungeon, the result should be different.

Edited by Edea the Brave

There's also the friend affinity mechanic if you keep using a friend's summon. It's supposed to boost damage so maybe that came into play? I'll try looking into experimenting with the Summoner and summons with their cool skill set. Also, man, some of you maxed out your jobs, thanks a bunch for all the level 14 job levels in various classes Shelie and Edea the Brave!

There's also the friend affinity mechanic if you keep using a friend's summon. It's supposed to boost damage so maybe that came into play? I'll try looking into experimenting with the Summoner and summons with their cool skill set. Also, man, some of you maxed out your jobs, thanks a bunch for all the level 14 job levels in various classes Shelie and Edea the Brave!

You'll also max a few classes eventually, if you do all the special sidequests. Bosses all give you 999 JP starting chapter 5.

Normally Summoner have skills that boost Friendship affinity too.

Ouch, 3rd crystal boss... any tips? Got wiped out twice (used Time Slip). Party's Level 42-43.

After transforming, its Energy Blast (or whatever it's called) wipes out half my party.

The White Mage's Level 8 Abilities (Angel Blessing or somehing) can really helps you, if you're lucky

If you have a Performer, you can boost your def (I think it's a physical skill) too while it's not attacking.

Use all your default while it is in Defense mode, then Attack him with Brave , and chain Specials.

You can actually attack him while he's defending with the Merchant's Takeover skill. It eats a lot of money, but you should inflict him 2000 Damage by hit. (To clarify, it inflict Level x 50 and cost Level x 100 G)

That's the best advice I can give. You seems to have strong special, so it should be done rapidly. You may also even kill it before he attacks.

Edited by Edea the Brave

Is there any unique item that can be stolen from bosses, or is stealing irrelevant in this game?

I have a bunch of material I don't even know what serves for, since I've stolen a lot of stuff in the first two chapters.

Bosses in Chapter 7-8 have some of the best equipment of the game stolen from them.

They can be obtained by other means but they are pretty rare.(Blue Chest)

And generally Human Bosses have great weapon stealable.

Non-Human Boss aren't worth stealing since it's only material you can obtain by upgrading shop.

Short answer : It's not necessary, but become pretty usefull later.

No-Human Boss are not worth stealing.

@Espinosa: I've played for a while now and I never really needed any material in order to obtain weapons: you just buy them.

That's why I asked what those things actually served for.

And in any case, they're all materials you can purchase from a special shop once you build it.

@Edea: Thanks! ^^

(you didn't answer my question, though: what are those materials for?)

@Espinosa: I've played for a while now and I never really needed any material in order to obtain weapons: you just buy them.

That's why I asked what those things actually served for.

And in any case, they're all materials you can purchase from a special shop once you build it.

@Edea: Thanks! ^^

(you didn't answer my question, though: what are those materials for?)

So you mentioned materials of some sort; what do they do? Sorry for sounding dense but I do not deduce the answer from what I've read here and it might take a while before I get the game myself (at which point no explanation should be necessary).