Any Bravely Default players?

VincentASM

No problem. I don't know what they do, that's why I asked. Let's wait for someone to actually answer that.

If I find it out myself in the meantime, I'll tell you, obviously.

You can use them with the salve-maker's Compounding ability for special effect. Though most of them would give you the fail attempt.

So far I got : Elemental Item (Fairy Wing for Wind, for example) + Insect Antenna (Makes ennemy weak to Element) : Make one ennemy weak to given element.

Dragon Fang + Stats Item : +50% Boost for 6 Turn (For example : Dragon Fang + Beast Liver boost an ally Attack)

Dragon Fang + Dragon Fang : Inflict Damage equal to your HP. (can't exceed 9999 outside of the Bravely Second Mode)

Monster Fiber + Elemental Item : Immunise against a given element.

Monster Fiber+ Dragon Fang : Boost your Elemental Offense (Identical to the Spiritmaster Skill).

Note that the reverse may have a different use.

That's what I got so far.

EDIT : Demon Tail + Dragon Fang : 5000 Dark Damage to one ennemy. Great !

EDIT 2 : Beast Liver + Dragon Fang : Double Max HP and Fully Heal (You can Exceed 9999 HP that way)

Hard Scale + Dragon Fang : Lower DEF and MDEF for 4 turns

Insect Antenna + Dragon Fang : Raise Speed by 50 % for 4 turns

Spirit Bone - Dragon Fang : Deals (Max HP - Current HP). That's the one Qada use.

That seems to be about all.

Edited by Edea the Brave

• Replies 450
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whoaaa!! Thank you very much, Edea! ^_^

I'm going to try that as soon as I get the class.

Salve Maker are truly an awesome class.

Potion + Phoenix Down have basically the same effect as Airise (Fully resurect with full HP)

Ether + Super Potion heals tons of HP and MP.

They lack the ability to affect more than one target, but otherwise they're pretty awesome. They also gain a skill that resurrect all the party with 25% HP and a basic healing spell that heals your weaker party member. Both with no cost.

And their ability (doubles effect of healing items also works outside of battle.

They are indeed pretty excellent.

Time for turning Ringabel into one, then. So that he can make some Love Potions for Edea... er, not you, the actual one

Anyway... I wonder who Ringabel really is?

My hypotesys (or how you write that) is that he's the Black Knight... That scene on the ship was sospicious as well... Ringabel was the only one missing that time. And he knows how to guide the airship.

Maybe Ringabel is the black knight from the future, or something like that.

Yeah, I played Awakening way too much.

Edited by Alfred Kamon

Time for turning Ringabel into one, then. So that he can make some Love Potions for Edea... er, not you, the actual one

Anyway... I wonder who Ringabel really is?

My hypotesys (or how you write that) is that he's the Black Knight... That scene on the ship was sospicious as well... Ringabel was the only one missing that time. And he knows how to guide the airship.

Maybe Ringabel is the black knight from the future, or something like that.

Yeah, I played Awakening way too much.

Do you really want to know ?

Well the later D is also a hint.

And he would more likely try to convince Tie to make some for Edea and Agnes...

Edited by Edea the Brave

Beat the 3rd crystal boss after using the Defenc boosting tip; still had party members die due to critical hits though D:

BTW, how do you open those blue chests?

I try to mug from bosses, but I forget sometimes; it's good to know they don't carry anything essential. Annoying when bosses do that (especially unbeatable ones in some games)!

(On a totally random note, Radiant Historia was awesome because you could go back in time and repeat any boss or any part of the game if you missed something.)

I hear you get a key to open the blue chests in ch.6. The most annoying boss I have encountered so far is definetly Qada, he was so frustrating I spent ages on him.

(I Agree Radiant Historia is awesome!!)

I hear you get a key to open the blue chests in ch.6. The most annoying boss I have encountered so far is definetly Qada, he was so frustrating I spent ages on him. (I Agree Radiant Historia is awesome!!)

At the beginning of chapter 6. It's even a Quest, so you truly can't miss it.

In chapter 7-8, you can steal Items you can normally only find in Blue Chest, or otherwise pretty rare.

(Tactics Ogre did the same thing than Radiant Historia. Both game are pure masterpieces)

And this game... doesn't have true missable anyway. Apparently there's also a New Game + Feature anyway...

Hmm... I won't read that spoiler.

Seriously, I won't. XD

It's probably something you already thought about. I know I did.

ANd Shelie, are you already on chapter 5 ? Have you tried the Vampire Sidequest on Hard Mode ? With your level, you should be able to do it.

I still have to try, but I thought about some pretty deadly combos involving a Conjurer and a Naked Monk.

And I finally got my 2nd SP.

Just started chapter 2! (I'm slow)

Also, I only just now realized how freaking big this game is. It takes over 20000 blocks of space if downloaded (might have been over 25000). Most games take less than 10000 (As comparison, AA: Dual Destinies and Project X Zone are about 4500 and Layton: Azran Legacy and Etrian Odyssey are about 7000 I think)

I just made it to ch.7 it sure got a lot tougher & the bosses....ugh

That goddamn battle in 2 part...

Already tried the Alternate Chapter Ending ? You have to be really patient to have it (easily 20-30 min....)

And what did you think of the reveal ?

Edited by Edea the Brave

No idea. That's almost double the size of Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate and Pokemon X/Y, though.

Anyway I just beat Qada in Hard mode at lv.37... 54k HP. x_x Once again, the fat = bulky stereotype.

I have to thank Vincent and Shelie's summons because otherwise I would never have beat him. I realized the only way I had to win was to conclude the battle in 3-4 turns, before he used that horrible dark skill that oneshotted my whole team (yeah, it would be a single-target skill, but I have that Black Mage skill that divides the damage within the others... and that time it worked against me because 5-6k of damage become 3-4k + 2k to the others).

Anyway I also sent you guys my Tiz that did 9500 damage in this battle. :P

I still haven't found the pirate ship. Is there any particular method? I've been perlustrating the sea at night for a while now, but I got nothing...

No idea. That's almost double the size of Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate and Pokemon X/Y, though.

Anyway I just beat Qada in Hard mode at lv.37... 54k HP. x_x Once again, the fat = bulky stereotype.

I have to thank Vincent and Shelie's summons because otherwise I would never have beat him. I realized the only way I had to win was to conclude the battle in 3-4 turns, before he used that horrible dark skill that oneshotted my whole team (yeah, it would be a single-target skill, but I have that Black Mage skill that divides the damage within the others... and that time it worked against me because 5-6k of damage become 3-4k + 2k to the others).

Anyway I also sent you guys my Tiz that did 9500 damage in this battle. :P

I still haven't found the pirate ship. Is there any particular method? I've been perlustrating the sea at night for a while now, but I got nothing...

It is found around Grandship at night. You'll notice a fog mass, and when you enter into it, chose the second option, or else you'll have to find it again.

I found it slightly above Grandship, but it's moving around.

@Edea What lvl were you for ch.7 & what was your teams classes? Also am I able to see all the endings on one playthrough? & if I beat those bosses on ch.7 do you get more party chats?

@Edea What lvl were you for ch.7 & what was your teams classes? Also am I able to see all the endings on one playthrough? & if I beat those bosses on ch.7 do you get more party chats?

I was at level 60 + when I beat the Alternate Chapter Ending. Level 65 or something. I did it at the beginning of chapter 7. I was at level 70 at the end of the chapter, but I did it in Easy mode.

I'm now at level 81 after beating a lot of Asmodeus.

Boss info in spoiler :

The Evil One have an attack that can Stop your whole party, a skill that makes you weak to every element, followed by a deadly attack.

The attack is dark elemental, so Dusk Shield can be usefull)

It's weak to fire and is in the insect Subcategory, so Hunter and Spell Fencer abilities can be usefull.

It's second form heals completely once it have half his HP.

And big spoiler ahead. Don't read it until the end of Chapter 6.

If you beat the alternate chapter ending, you come back just before you destroy the Crystal, so you can do both in a single playthrough.

Destroying the Crystal takes 20-30 Min of Button Mashing, so be really patient and be sure to have nothing else to do.

Also,Bone Crusher doesn't work against boss... Here goes my precious SP... (And you can use Bravely second with 0 SP)

Edited by Edea the Brave

Beat the third Crystal boss on my fourth attempt on Hard mode, at lv.40.

.... Holy cow. I had to go on full power again and do 54k damage in one turn, because its shock wave oneshotted my whole team on Default. x_x

I fear I won't be able to shoot bosses before they hit me later in the game... because I can do max 160k of damage, right? And probably most of them will have more than 160k HP.

Beat the third Crystal boss on my fourth attempt on Hard mode, at lv.40.

.... Holy cow. I had to go on full power again and do 54k damage in one turn, because its shock wave oneshotted my whole team on Default. x_x

I fear I won't be able to shoot bosses before they hit me later in the game... because I can do max 160k of damage, right? And probably most of them will have more than 160k HP.

In Hard Mode, most certainly.

You can try the Merchant skil that reduce damage for everyone, and/or equip everyone with Angel's Blessing.

There's a sidequest in chapter 4 that is already incredibly hard on Easy Mode, so Hard Mode will be pure suicide. (You can still make on Chapter 5, but you'll miss a lot).

I just send you all my Pirate Ringabel's Special. Wind Elelemental, effective against Aquatic monster, can Silence. Hope you'll find it usefull.

I wish I could quote, edit & make spoiler tags, my laptop is broken & Im using my 3ds & it cant do any of those, sigh.. I want to talk about the alternate ending XD i finished it lastnight, now i'm going to try for the true ending, also How do I get lvl 6 magic, I hear its on granship after ch.5, but I am on ch.7 and its still only selling lvl 3 magic, so I'm quite confused, is there anything I need to do to make it sell lvl 6 magic??

I wish I could quote, edit & make spoiler tags, my laptop is broken & Im using my 3ds & it cant do any of those, sigh.. I want to talk about the alternate ending XD i finished it lastnight, now i'm going to try for the true ending, also How do I get lvl 6 magic, I hear its on granship after ch.5, but I am on ch.7 and its still only selling lvl 3 magic, so I'm quite confused, is there anything I need to do to make it sell lvl 6 magic??

Can you buy the special weapons in shop ?

Can you read spoiler with your 3DS ? Otherwise, all I can say is you may not have searched the right place...

It's in the flying version. The one you use to move around.

Oh, and did you wached the Title screen afer beating the alternate final chapter ? Once you select your save ? It's pretty neat.

Otherwise, I recieved a Villager whose power is 13000+ Guess it was used during Bravely Second.

And chapter 8 really is harder. I'm using Edea as a Vampire and she's working pretty well against the Bosses. Ringabel died against one boss, so I'm training him as a conjurer to learn the EXP + ability.

Hmm, I seem to be missing a chest on the first floor of the Temple of Earth. Hugged all the walls and been through all the obvious routes, but no dice.

BTW, is it me or is Chapter 4 significantly tougher? Had a few Game Overs just from enemies on the field. The bosses were mostly doable though, except...

the robot on the central route. At the end, it was a Ninja Ringabel solo.

I can also see a sidequest at Vampire Castle; I assume this is the infamous sidequest.

Will I be able to survive with a Level 55 party on Normal?

Speaking of crazy damage, I encountered somebody with 20K max damage (not sent damage, sadly).

Finally, just 2 hours to go before I've maxed out all the buildings in Norende : D

Not that I can buy anything at those prices.

Yup I saw the title screen it was pretty cool. Have you seen the true ending yet? And ch.7 is pretty hard I dont want to think about 8 yet XD I'm also nearly finished rebuilding norende I have over 1million pg though so I should be able to get a few things. I think lvl 55 should be alright for it, I think I was around that when I beat it & didnt have to much trouble.

Yup I saw the title screen it was pretty cool. Have you seen the true ending yet? And ch.7 is pretty hard I dont want to think about 8 yet XD I'm also nearly finished rebuilding norende I have over 1million pg though so I should be able to get a few things. I think lvl 55 should be alright for it, I think I was around that when I beat it & didnt have to much trouble.

4 instead of 3. Do I need to say more ?

I'm still on chapter 8 yet, since I'm doing all the sidequests.

Norende'sreconstruction advance pretty well. I rebuild it while amassing SP. Works pretty well so far.

Also, can you confirm if the Heart Bracelet and Life Bracelet can be obtained outside of stealing. I have a doubt about it.

EDIT : Growth Egg against bosses is a really good idea. Got 2 level against an Asmodeus. It's supposed to be hard, but those Chapter 8 Boss really are to strong

The whole Black Blades. Kammizumi appears when one of the first 4 are defeated. Praline loves to boost everyone attack or BP. Babvarossa hit crazy hard and Qada one shot at least one of my character.

Yep. That sure is fun.

@Vincent : Yeah, this Robot sure was hard. You don't have to defeat it, though.

About the Vampire Castle. After finishing it, the last boss was a breeze, even if he was able to one-shot one of my character.

I already talked about the Cerberus on this dungeon. Even at level 85+ they severely damaged me, dealing 1500+ at each counterattack.

But you first have to enter into it.

Which means defeating 6 Strong Bosses.

They each have 99999 HP and an attack that weakens all your party to their element, followed by a powerfull elemental multi-hit Atttack.

Some even have delibitating effect. The worst being Paralysis. If you use your best Specials with your best setup, you should do pretty well, though.

And against the boss f the Vampire Castle. Be sure to always have full HP or yoy're as good as dead. He is really a "formidable foe", as he admit himslf, but the Vampire Asterisk is really worth it.

It have powerfull Genome abilities and is able to drain HP, MP, BP and stats.

And you can learn some pretty interresting facts about the main story.

EDIT2 : The cheast on the Temple of Earth's 1st Floor is behind a window on the northwest side of the map.

Edited by Edea the Brave