The Way of the Stick: A Farfetch'd Tale

Esme

BORN IN A WORLD OF HARDSHIP, OUR HERO, FARFETCH'D, IS DETERMINED TO MASTER THE WAYS OF THE STICK. HIS SENSEI, FLABBERGAST'D, HAS PLACED OUR HERO ON A PERILOUS JOURNEY OF SELF-DISCOVERY. THIS ARROGANT FUCK DUCK WILL HAVE TO OVERCOME THE THREAT OF TWO VILLAINOUS TEAMS-- TEAM MAGMA AND TEAM AQUA. ONE TEAM WANTS THE WORLD TO BE A BARREN WASTELAND OF MOLTEN EARTH, TREMORS, AND SHIFTING SANDS WHERE ONLY THE HARDIEST MAY LIVE. THE OTHER TEAM WANTS THE WORLD TO BE SUBMERGED INTO THE ICY DEPTHS, BELIEVING THAT THIS IS THE ONLY WAY FOR THIS BEAUTIFUL WORLD TO BE PURGED. THESE TWO IDEALS WILL CLASH, LEAVING ALL OF HOENN IN CHAOS. WILL OUR HERO PREVAIL? OR WILL HE SUCCUMB TO THE POWER OF MAGMA AND AQUA? AS OUR HERO TRAVELS THROUGHOUT THIS SO-CALLED TROPICAL PARADISE, HE WILL DISCOVER MANY NEW THINGS AND WILL SURELY MEET NEW FRIENDS AND FOES. WATCH AS OUR HERO TAKES ON THE CHALLENGE OF MASTERING THE WAY OF THE STICK AND OVERCOMING THE FORCES OF EVIL... OR, PERHAPS, SUBMITTING TO THEM. ENJOY THIS FANTASTIC STORY:

The Way of the Stick: A Farfetch'd Tale

[spoiler=LP Details]This LP isn't your average LP, there are a few things that I have included in this nifty little rom that will make things interesting for you-- the reader --and me!

1. TM's are randomized, TM compatibility is also randomized.

2. Pokemon stats, movesets, types and abilities are randomized. Randomized stats aren't literally random, they are merely shuffled. For example, a Shuckle could have its base DEF of over 200 swapped with its base ATT of 20. Pokemon that evolve will also have their evolutions follow suit when it comes to stat patterns.

3. Wild Pokemon are completely randomized. Each time I enter the grass, I will encounter a new Pokemon.

4. Trainer / Gym Leader / Elite Four teams have been randomized. I have no idea what I am in for but I can assure you that it will be interesting!

5. Wild Pokemon will also be holding random held items. I could get a Nanab Berry, a Revive, or even a Rare Candy! It's all up to chance.

6. Pokemon color palettes are swapped. For example, I might encounter a Pink Gardevoir rather than a Green one.

7. This is a nuzlocke, but due to the importance of Farfetch'd as a character, he cannot die.

I will post the first "chapter" later on tonight. I hope you enjoy my LP!

Edited by Esme

[spoiler=CHAPTER ONE: OUR JOURNEY BEGINS]NMAcTFB.png

"I am Farfetch'd. I battle not to prove my worth but to make my proof worthy! ...Y-Yes, I was taught by a profound sage-- of course I know what I mean!" Silly Farfetch'd!

FZCTKNX.png

After a long, grueling truck ride, Farfetch'd finds himself welcomed by a nice middle-aged woman. She introduces herself as "mom" and tells him to set his clock. My, my... people around here are quite pushy aren't they? Farfetch'd expected lazy island-dwellers!

wJLK8Cy.png

Farfetch'd is not stingy or stubborn, however. Sensei always reminds him that he must be alway patient. Plus, it's good to know the time!

0kwh21y.png

Before Farfetch'd departs, he must take this Potion with him. It should prove useful in the upcoming journey.

P3VAmLi.png

There! 'Tis I, Farfetch'd! Behold my slick sea-green feathers and my gorgeous, slender leek. Farfetch'd is a living example of what all great samurai should aspire to be.

CwB97Rn.png

Farfetch'd spoke with a bubbly female human. She was similar a rotten spongecake: Tasty on the outside, nasty on the inside. Farfetch'd does not trust May. As he made his way up to the northern part of Oldale Farfetch'd's intuition proved too accurate! She attacked me on spot-- claiming that she had merely been scouting for new Pokemon when in reality she was plotting an assassination on Farfetch'd! Farfetch'd prevailed, however, and she was promptly defeated and sent away with the authorities.

x8Pz86n.png

Along the path to Petalburg lied several assassins, Farfetch'd ended them and their attempts to slay him. One assassin was reluctant to hurt Farfetch'd; She herself was having an internal moral dispute. She felt that hurting Farfetch'd was wrong, and she wanted to be right. Oh, what a tear it brings to Farfetch'd's eyes to see an assassin with a heart of gold... er, steel. Farfetch'd warns her of the perils that he will face, but she decides to assist Farfetch'd anyway. Farfetch'd is oh-so-thankful!

RFGxAS4.png

Xuan Wu and Farfetch'd train for a transparent goal. Their hearts are filled with justice, but what will they protect? What evils will they slay? They do not know. Therefore, they have decided to visit the Sensei, Flabbergast'd. He says this: "My children, I sense an evil with my old wizardy sensei ears! You must recruit comrades and defeat them! Their goals... they wish to disrupt the precious ecosystem by resurrecting two angry gods. For the sake of the world, please stop them. Now... go. You've a duty to fulfill, young samurai!"

And so Farfetch'd and Xuan Wu set out to the City of Earthly Delights-- Rustboro. To get there they must pass a secluded beach, a dim forest, and a bridge which lies over a calm lake. The scene described seemed peaceful enough, but Xuan Wu and Farfetch'd both felt an eerie energy loom over them. The assassins... they must be watching... waiting... plotting their next strike...

man I suck at this

Edited by Esme