Favourite DLC

Dwarfishh

Honestly, since you're already getting the Future of Despair pack Eff that "Future Past" name... the only ones I'd recommend are the Fanservice Scramble packs and/or the challenge packs.

The legacy character DLCs aren't all that great other than getting the Bride Class and Dread Fighter class perks as well as Limit Breaker.

Edited by shadowofchaos

My faves were the Scramble and Future Past DLC. I feel like these are the best buys overall for the amount of dialogue content it gives you, if you care about character interactions. But yeah, if you want extra challenges or DLC skills, you'd have to get the other DLC packs as well.

Basically:

EDIT: Oh yeah, Smash Brethren 2 for Brides is highest priority.

Future Past then Scrambles then [DLC characters you really like] then Rogues and Redeemers 3 for Limit Breaker or Lost Bloodlines 3 for Paragon and grinding if you're into that.

or buy them all! \o/

Edited by Integrity

Depends what you want to do. Golden Pack is for grinding if you're lazy or don't like Armsthrift but still want to use the Double Bow. Future of Despair and Scramble Pack are good for story/dialogue, SB2 and LB2 for classes with epic weapons/useful growths/uber skills, LB3 for lategame grinding, RaR3 if you want Limit Break (only recommended if you want to do Apo/Challenge Pack/Streetpass), CoY3 for All Stats+2 which is decent early on and helpful for threshold breaking later, and the Challenge Pack/Apotheosis for, well, a challenge. SB3 gives an almost useless skill, and CoY/RaR1/2 and LB/SB1 give only characters. CoY2 and RaR2 have cool music, but it's all on Serenesforest anyway so that's a silly reason to buy a map.

Personally, I got it all, and LB3/Apo (for challenge runs) and FoD/Scramble (character development and hours of cutscenes) are my favorites. The only one I wouldn't recommend is EXPonential Growth as it's useless late game (all the Entombed give 8exp on hard eventually), can't be sat out by letting stuff mob you on the enemy phase, and has random Counter generation.

Edited by Czar_Yoshi

Personally, I use Einherjar often because nostalgia, at least on Normal, so yeah, I got everything except Apotheosis. 'cause I don't think I could manage and I don't feel like getting another $20 prepaid card just for that.

Seriously though, as much as I hate him, Ike's DLC is a must because of Limit Breaker, and Seliph's for Paragon (It's like Veteran, BUT BETTER). Similarly, Eirika and Alm for their classes.

For Skills used by DLC characters, Ike (sadly, and for Aether), Micaiah (Shadowgift), Celica (Rightful King), and Seliph (GALEFORCE ON A GUY (and Charm) even though Inigo, Brady and Owain, and Spotpass Jamke and Jaffar get it too).

I was let down that we didn't get Eliwood, Hector, and Sigard as Future of Despair (Seriously Future Past is one of NoA's worst localizing decisions...) rewards. Actually, Naga is annoying because there is no gameplay goodie for you efforts, especially considering the difficulty. I want a DLC Eliwood, period He deserves it more than Lyn.

For Skills used by DLC characters, Ike (sadly, and for Aether), Micaiah (Shadowgift), Celica (Rightful King), and Seliph (GALEFORCE ON A GUY (and Charm) even though Inigo, Brady and Owain, and Spotpass Jamke and Jaffar get it too).

Don't forget Camus. Camus gets it too.

My own ranking:

1. Golden Gaffe
2. Lost Bloodline 3
3. Rogues and Redeemers 3
4. Smash Brethren 2
5. Lost Bloodline 2

6. Infinite Regalia

7. Champions of Yore 3
8. Apotheosis
9. Future Past 3
10. Summer Scramble

11. Champions of Yore 2
12. Smash Brethren 3
13. EXPonential Growth
14. Roster Rescue
15. Death's Embrace
16. Future Past 2
17. Five-Anna Firefight
18. Harvest Scramble
19. Hot-spring Scramble
20. Future Past 1

21. Champions of Yore 1
22. Rogues and Redeemers 2
23. Rogues and Redeemers 1
24. Lost Bloodline 1
25. Smash Brethren 1

EDIT:

Moved Infinite Regalia to 6th.

Because it is the quickest map for efficiently obtaining +1 MEG/RES each level from some characters, such as Chrom, Vaike,etc. at Classic Mode.

(In casual mode you just need to do a S/L instead of defeating Infinite Regalia's boss just after Chrom etc. leveled up and gained +1 MEG.)

Edited by MelonGx

I got em all except the Challenge pack because eeeehhhh. My favorite (or at least, most used) is Golden pack. I like grinding. The coolest ones are probably the Scrambles and the Future Past ones for story and character stuff. Im fond of the Lost Bloodlines pack because theres some serious goodies in there.

The Future of This Pear is obviously the best, but you already bought it. , though fair warning; serious prep grinding awaits.

Golden pack should be bought first. Grind 'em up, grind 'em up.

Scramble pack is pretty close; extra support conversations, and support convos in Awakening are the real meat of the story.

The Legacy DLCs are kind of copy paste lazy, but the swag is worth it (Especially Dread Fighter, Bride, and Limit Breaker), so if you're strapped for cash, get only those.

Because the challenge maps don't fuck around. They take the lowest priority, because you need all the time you can get to prepare.

Edited by Mister Sunshine Sprinkles

GET ALL TEH DLC

^

-----

If not, then...

-Champions Of Yore 3 (For All Stats+2 Skill. Even though in the Japanese version, you would have to have Champions Of Yore 1 and 2 to be able to get the 3rd one. And having this skill is 1000 yen aka $10.00.)

-The Scramble Pack (Entertainment)

-The Golden Gaffe Pack (A must. Especially for the divine weapons.)

-Lost Bloodlines 2 (Dreadfighter class. Duh.)

-Lost Bloodlines 3 (Paragon skill)

-Smash Brethren 2 (Bride Class. Duh.)

-Smash Brethren 3 (Iote's Skill)

-Rogues And Redeemers 3 (Limitbreaker Skill)

-The Future Pack (Knowing more about the game)

-Apotheosis (Needed for the utmost challenging episode in the game.)

Only so you'll have these skills and other recommended episodes into your damn game.

Edited by Dark_Huntress

My personal favorite is Infinite Regalia. The enemies aren't too ridiculous, and I like the random chance of getting funny weapons (nothing like stocking up on Forseti for whatever reason).