So it's been nearly a year after the game was announced...

...And we still know nothing new since then. Apart from the fact that the setting is partly set in modern times we've had no new trailers, no gameplay info, no character reveals, not even a confirmation that it's to be released in 2014.

That said when do you think we'll finally get some new info for SMT X FE? New years, exactly a year after it was announced, when you're celebrating Easter?

Edited by ShinRPGamer

I mean, Atlus DID experience the whole bunch of shenanigans regarding the company.

And it's not like the crossover is just one of their usual projects.

True, but you'd think Nintendo would say something about it. Even just a confirmation that the game's still happening

You know what I think, that trailer was just an announcement that a crossover between the two is going to happen... kind of like, we an announcement... for a future announcement... maybe

Also, I believe that 2014 is the year we'll actually start getting some good info on it, and then likely getting the game

Edited by Soledai

You know what I think, that trailer was just an announcement that a crossover between the two is going to happen... kind of like, we an announcement... for a future announcement... maybe

Also, I believe that 2014 is the year we'll actually start getting some good info on it, and then likely getting the game

Yes, that is definitely a possibility.

Nintendo announced there would be a persona game for the 3ds back in 2010 (or was it 2011?), but the actual game was only truly announced last month

True, but you'd think Nintendo would say something about it. Even just a confirmation that the game's still happening

It's not really strange for modern Nintendo. That January direct was a panic announcement after the low December sales, but for a while they don't like to hype games long before launch. We have basically gotten no new information about Mario Kart Wii since E3, for example, even though it's apparently supposed to be out in the first half of 2014.

Regarding a confirmation that it's still happening, I think that SMT x FE promotion was a pretty clear attempt to approach both fanbases.

I as much as I want this game were probably not going to get any info on it until Persona 5 is at mid to late stages of development. And even then there are the spin off titles like Persona Q and Devil Survivor 2: Break Record.

Paitence is needed, yes I know something like this needs more NEWS. But I think we can wait.

Maybe I should do a dual series perspective with someone. I can cover the FE games and someone else the SMT/Persona games and we can compare and contrast

But that probably won't happen for awhile.

I as much as I want this game were probably not going to get any info on it until Persona 5 is at mid to late stages of development. And even then there are the spin off titles like Persona Q and Devil Survivor 2: Break Record.

I'm not so sure. I mean the two huge titles this year for the respective series were, well, huge (SMT4 and FE:A). Soon would be as good a time as any to start releasing more info.

Not so sure the hype for those games have died out enough, yet.

I'm betting that if we don't get any new info in the next few months, we'll see a huge trailer for the game at E3, possibly with a demo.

That would be a good time for it, although it could be overshadowed by Smash 4

Sega's purchase of Atlus probably slowed down the process

May I ask a question? How would the business side of Index and SS affect Atlus and Nintendo's game development? Also going to assume you haven't read that article, which Sega said that they would not interfere with Atlus' projects

I think it's going to be cancelled.

Pfeh, at worst it'll just have been for the $30 thing with SMT4

• 3 weeks later...

More likely, at worst, SMT+FE could be a Japanese-exclusive game in the same vein as Valkyria Chronicles III(which is part of a Sega franchise that has no traction outside of Japan, because Sega refused to see poor outside-of-Japan sales that has happened to the original VC(PS3) and sequel, VC II(PSP))...

^ I hope not, though: I live in the United States, and I don't want to be cheated out of another FE thanks to Jap-exclusive shenanigans and be forced to deal with the cons that come with it, especially the con involving being forced to learn a specific foreign language just to be able to play it, coupled with the need to buy tools to manipulate the house's power circuit and a region converter so that nothing is destroyed when trying to play a foreign game that may not be available in my region(although my sister can understand Japanese, I tried it, but it's so overwhelming, and I found it too difficult for my age: never witnessed it when I was little, tried to get into it too late for me to learn it easily, and it did not sink in, had to give up)... Already happened to the first six and New Mystery of the Emblem, and I hope the same does not happen to the crossover... :(

^ Then again, too early to know for sure, and as long as it's not set in stone, a Western version of SMT+FE can still happen... Let's just hope Sega obliges and is not too afraid that SMT+FE will be a similar outside-of-Japan bust in sales as VCI and VCII, which, after reading the point that no interference will occur, I doubt Sega will be afraid in that fashion...

Edited by shadowjam

If SEGA will be anal enough to not localize a game that was announced during a Nintendo Direct broadcasted in NA (read, it will very likely be localized) then I guess that's gonna give me a strong incentive to finally learn japanese until I can read it fluently and get an imported Wii U.

I don't think it'll be cancelled, but I'm getting antsy waiting to hear more... I'm normally patient but this is gonna potentially be awesome so I'm anxiously awaiting more news...

I just want little tidbits to chew on k Nintendo? '^'

I'm not sure if Atlus or Nintendo were handling most of the development, but if it is mostly Atlus developed I'd wager it's on the backburner since Atlus has a ton of new games coming up this year. Also, I doubt the Index fiasco has really affected Atlus much at all.

• 4 weeks later...

Well I just found out that it has officially been more than a year since the game was initially announced. Anyone else have an experience where a game was initially announced but no info was released a year later? Apart from this game...