Touhou Fantasy, Xenomic's RPG Maker game!

Xenomic

2b852bda3769906086fb4493f7dbbb0e.png

See this map? You'll see this 4 times. You cannot go any further in the hallways due to a barrier. That's my cop out. Yes, I'm copping out of doing the rest of the mansion. I already got the main pocket dimension rooms done, and there will be the 4-5 rooms for the treasures, but the rest of the mansion? Won't be mapped. I don't see any need to do so, mostly because there's nothing else to put in there that's relevant to the dungeon. So...gonna do this. Is this lazy?? Probably yeah, but...well...I don't need this to be Scarlet Devil Mansion 2.0. Very bland hallways, I'm aware too, but I'm not too worried about this.

Don't worry, whenever I get around to it, I'll have a much MUCH better screenshot later on, whenever I start doing Hokkai. THAT should be fun. Unless anyone has ideas for the rest of this mansion without it being super big or having a lot of rooms? Eh...it should be fine as it is. I still need to fix up a couple bosses too (as mentioned in my Help thread, still got PC-98 Marisa to revamp completely since she's bleh. Still got Death's special Doom coding to do, and still got Fire Magic Stone to deal with. THAT one is hard only because I don't know what to do with its gimmick and abilities. You see, it attacks the party with a bunch of FIRE attacks *gasp!*, but...in doing so, it hurts itself too. It has another boss with it (Kotohime) who primarily uses Mystic-elemental attacks and healing, and if the stone dies before her, she has Full-Life to revive it. In addition, she has Renew I believe to heal 9999 HP. So the objective is to defeat her first, then defeat the stone. The problem is...how much damage should each ability do to the stone, or if there should be other gimmicks with the stone as well?)

In other news, once this dungeon is done, I only have Hokkai left to map for beta5, then just all the monsters/events to do and I'm done with beta5 after 4 years! Then beta6 is next and oh god...

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm kinda tired of the default 2k3 EXP system, so I'm thinking of potentially changing that for some other method of leveling up the player. I'm not sure what would be the most effective way of doing so...anyone have any ideas?

In the meantime...new update!

http://www.mediafire.com/download/66m3l4360klrb4t/Touhou_Fantasy.rar

For those interested, yes, this DOES go pretty deep into beta5, up to Reimaden. If anyone is willing to test beta5 out to help find bugs and the likes, that would be great. I haven't been back to the earlier parts of it in a long time, so I don't remember if everything is up to par. Also, some earlier parts may need readjusted (there's a boss that needs updated really badly, for instance). You may need to rebeat the beta4 final boss in order to continue, but hopefully those willing to test aren't TOO overleveled? ^^;

In other news, there's this:

================================================
CHARACTERS

Suwako:

*Frog's Rest no longer cures Poison, Blind, or Slow, but now grants Regen/MP Regen per level, starting at level 2 up to level 8 at max level.

Nue:

*Danmaku Chimera now removes all buffs from all enemies instead of just Reflect.

ENEMIES

*Advent Cirno now uses Aura Whirl less and now has -20 Speed than before.

Not too much new for characters otherwise. Suwako might get the Doom command that Shikieiki once had, since Shikieiki is no longer usable (dummied out completely). Suwako's Ancient Jade might also become an Earth-elemental attack to give her another offensive option. She's got a looooot of work to become more useful. In addition, you are now FORCED to go to the Human Village before you can go to Misty Lake (you just have to enter the village in order to trigger the switch to go to Misty Lake, don't have to do anything else). I did this as many people weren't going to the village to get items and skills and the like. I also fixed some tile errors on maps (world map and Forest of Magic). In addition, Yuuka's location is more obviously marked. Forests might become unwalkable too, to prevent confusion as to where you can go (meaning I'll have to make a teleport event to the area where Mokou is later). There were probably a bunch of other updates that I've forgotten, but those are all the ones I remember at the current time! I still need ideas for Suwako's skills, btw, which what I have are these (once again):

**Monstrous Toad God: Attempts to force enemies to flee from battle. The higher the level of the skill, the greater the chance of forcing enemies to flee. No rewards are given for enemies that flee in this manner. Starts at 25% or less of Suwako's level for enemies to flee at level 1 (if Suwako is level 50, then enemies of level 12-13 or less will flee at a 100% chance), with +25% each level up. Does not work on all enemies and fails on bosses.
**Native God's Curse: Deals X damage to all enemies, dealing more damage the more allies that are KO'd. Higher levels increase the amount of damage increased by how many dead allies there are. 4 levels.
**Blighted Earth: Attempts to halve all enemies status resistances for X turns. The duration of the turns increases the higher the level of the skill. 4 levels.
**Brave the Elements: Attempts to halve all elemental resistances on all enemies. Higher levels increases duration of debuff. 5 levels.
**Seven Stones:
**Frog God: Doubles effect of chosen character's battle passive for X turn. Higher levels increases the duration of the buff. 5 levels.

**Blighted Earth: Inflicts non-elemental damage to all enemies equal to 1/4 of current HP. +25% increase in damage per level, up to current HP at max level.

Various ideas for her. Some more doable than others perhaps. In addition, I may need ideas on how to update the crafting shop as well. I will probably be adding in the shops for the materials in there from SDM so that you can access them whenever, at the very least.

Get hyped, ya'll! Because beta5 is nearing completion finally! Once Reimaden is done, all that remains is True Pandaemonium, Silent Shrine, Palanquin Ship, and finally Hokkai! After nearly 4-5 years too! \ o /

• 1 month later...

=============================================
SYSTEM

*The SDM crafting shop is now available in the crafting room.
*Aya should now automatically level up to level 10 during Youkai Mountain if she is not level 10.
*While doing the Youkai Mountain segment, enemies have a high chance of running away (bar the Kedama Stack). Once Suwako is defeated, this is removed and the enemies will fight as normal.
*Revival items all get buffed bar Angel's Prayer and Divine Spirit. 1-Up Piece (10%), 1-Up (25%), Cherry Points (50%), and Spirit Essence (75%).
*Faith now cures Zombie and Doom. The Faith item is now set to the proper animation.
*All armor, helmets, and shields have their flavor text removed in favor of showing actual stat gains. All accessories had their descriptions updated.
*All of Aya's Veiling Scrolls have doubled in price.
*All of Remilia's Chain Scrolls have increased in price, from 2000 each level to 2500 each level.
*Nitori's Head Parts, Arm Parts, Leg Parts, and Torso Parts have had their prices changed and are now available in the shop (bar Torso Parts)

CHARACTERS

*Reimu's Pray has been buffed. Instead of healing 10%, 20%, and 30% per level respectfully, it now heals 15%, 30%, and 45%.
*Cirno now has Fairy's Revival as a passive, which is the same passive that all fairy enemies have (if dead and not revived within 20 turns, she'll automatically revive with 50% Max HP). This passive cannot be upgraded at all.
*Aya's Wind Sickle Veiling now costs more MP to use, starting at 25 MP at level 1 up to 100 MP at max level.
*Nitori's Call Crafting Shop has been removed and turned into an item that Nitori gives upon joining the party after Youkai Mountain (May still need fixed up as I may have forgotten to actually give this...).
*Remilia's Chain Gang has increased in power:
*Level 1: 3 MP > 10 MP
*Level 2: 6 MP > 20 MP
*Level 3: 9 MP > 30 MP
*Level 4: 12 MP > 40 MP
*Level 5: 15 MP > 50 MP
*Remilia's Miserable Change has increased in power from 15 MP to 20 MP.
*Koishi's Meteor went from 80% accuracy to 70% accuracy. MP cost went from 99 MP to 60 MP.

ENEMIES

*Hades went from 55,535 HP to 33,333.

Updated version here: http://www.mediafire.com/file/66m3l4360klrb4t/Touhou_Fantasy.rar

Expect some more changes here and there later on for beta1-4 content. For instance, some abilities will get lower fixed duration on their statuses (Cirno's Icicle Fall's Freeze, Meiling's Yellow Tremor Step's Paralysis, etc.) so that they're not completely busted and the dedicated status skills can actually be more useful. This also holds true for enemy status effects in earlier parts of the games, where their status effects will be of shorter durations, so you won't end up in situations where you have Paralyze: 50 turns in the 2nd dungeon.

Beta5 is getting even so slightly closer to being done (just got 2 bosses to test out, then onto next dungeon!). Then that leaves 4 more dungeons left to do, and then beta5 is done! \ o /

• 3 weeks later...

Debating on what to do with these bosses. On one hand, I have the final boss of this dungeon's skillset set up. I just haven't implemented it. On the other hand, I have another boss, first fought solo with a specific character and then later with a forced party, that has nothing yet.

Well, let's start with the boss that's already got stuff set up:

Shinki:

Void Slice: Inflicts non-elemental physical damage to one party member that inflicts Disable.
Fortuna: For the next 50 turns, there is a 50% chance of Shinki restoring 50% of the damage she takes.
Ether Blaze: Reduces the party's MP to 0 and inflicts damage to the party's HP equal to the amount of MP lost.
Fatal Illusion: Summons 7 invisible enemies and Shinki becomes invulnerable. If the wrong invisible enemy is hit, the party will take 500 damage. Hitting the right one will dispel the effect of this ability. If 3 wrong ones are hit, it will randomize which one is the correct one.
"Missing Sanctuary": Grants NulPhysical/NulMagic: 20 turns, Omni Resist Up: 20 turns, and restores 5000 HP. Requires 1 Bomb Charge to use.
"Last Crisis": Sets the party's HP to 1 and MP to 0. Requires 2 Bomb Charges to use.
"Armageddon Memory": Inflicts 5000 Mystic-elemental damage to the party. 80% accuracy. Requires 3 Bomb Charges to use.

This is with a forced party (all final fights in this dungeon are with specific parties. The game even warns the player before entering the boss area to equip everyone and make sure they're up to snuff), so making sure that it's balanced is the hard part. "Armageddon Memory" is basically the instant kill move and is meant to be used if the fight drags on TOO long. "Last Crisis" I feel isn't THAT scary, nothing a Potion Berry or two (1000 HP recovery to the party) can't fix, as well as a couple Oni Wine (100 MP recovery to the party). I'm wondering if "Missing Sanctuary" might be too much though as a level 1 Limit Break?

The ones that I'm wondering is too much though is Ether Blaze and Fatal Illusion. The thing that people have asked me about Fatal Illusion is what happens if the player uses an AoE to hit everything? The plan is that the wrong choices would happen first BEFORE the right one (so that means all the 500 damage first, then the correct one), meaning...3000 damage to the party before the right one is found, meaning the party is probably dead. However, I'm not sure on how I would code such a thing yet, or if it's doable in 2k3. Ether Blaze I'm only worried about due to how powerful it is. Or is the entire skillset too much? It feels very final boss-esque even though this isn't the final boss (she's supposed to be REALLY powerful though so...).

With that out of the way, Yumeko is the one that I'm struggling with. She's known for...throwing lots and lots of swords and teleporting around in the canon games. Not much else on her abilities, so I'm kinda left with that. I'm thinking of having her just throwing various specific weapons from the FF series or something, with an ability that lets her avoid all damage for X turns thrown in somewhere. She is vulnerable to Paralysis, Stop, and Slow, all of which the solo character (Sakuya) can use, and Sakuya's also included in the 2nd fight with her (alongside Remilia who doesn't have any status attacks IIRC, and Momiji, who can also inflict Paralysis with Cross Slash). Thinking of beefing her up potentially for that fight due to there being 3 characters instead of 1. Not sure yet. Any ideas??

• 3 weeks later...

http://www.mediafire.com/file/9355r8j58cvz9pp/Touhou_Fantasy_Update.rar

Quick little update patch to fix Rinnosuke's and Yumemi's coding for if they have weapons on or not. For some reason, Rinnosuke never had coding for if he had the Kusanagi equipped or not, meaning he never got any of his abilities while it was equipped. Yumemi, on the other hand, got all of her abilities set for when she has specific weapons on and depending on her level. So hopefully that'll make her more useful now! Still haven't gotten around to figuring out what's going on with Nitori's Gear Change, and I'll have to set it so that you can't use any of her 0 MP cost abilities outside of battle. Don't want free healing that easily, ya know!

On that note, True Pandaemonium just got done, so for anyone that wants to test that and Reimaden, you can with that update patch. I haven't tested True Pandaemonium yet, so it'll probably be a bit rough. Next up is the Silent Shrine, which I'm going to do a different way with the switch puzzle (easier on myself, but still going to be a thing for the player). It's only 5 rooms big, with 4 side rooms, so the dungeon isn't super long or anything. Shouldn't take too long to actually do the events and monsters and whatnot. Once THAT'S done, that leaves Palanquin Ship next which is all mapped out, dialogue is mostly done, but no events yet. Haven't decided on the dungeon gimmick outside of "find this key to open this door to get this key to open that door". Unzan will probably be involved in that dungeon's gimmick somehow.

Once Palanquin Ship is done, that leaves Hokkai, the final dungeon of beta5, and then the final 4 dungeons of the game (End of Gensokyo, Gaplands, The Void, and Heart of Pandora), meaning the main story is about to be done after 8 years! Get hyped! Of course, that means that once that's done and bugs are resolved and whatnot, that there's still the sidequest stuff that I want to do, if I ever get around to it, and I would like to fix up the crafting system somehow too...>_<

• 1 month later...

ef1b74f2913b80272af57c3a7287a589.png

Hey there, everyone! I've been kinda dead lately, mostly working on boss designs in a document and whatnot. Finally getting back to working on the game again having finished my Crisis Core -Final Fantasy VII- Let's Play, so that's what's up! I'm currently testing True Pandaemonium, and it's a really dozy! I'm actually being forced to grind characters I haven't used since I got them! Not sure if that's a good thing or not. It gives the player a chance to catch them up as well as buy skills they haven't gotten yet (especially if they find the right encounters in this area. Three Hecteyes = 5600 Yen and 3200 EXP, which is the best fight in this area). However, I've been trying to keep the game grind-free for the most part (there's only one part in particular where you'd have to grind at all, and that's way back at Youkai Mountain after finishing it for the first time if you wanted to get everyone's skills, which isn't REQUIRED but it's nice to have everyone decked out). Back then, if you were to swap out every character once they hit level 20, that'd be just about enough to get everyone's skills. Here? I got characters that are level 20-25, whilst my main party is about level 35 or so, and it's really hard to keep up in the dungeon due to how the enemies are (Archaeodaemons are jerks and can wipe a low-leveled party out with an untimely Gigaflare or two, and Tri-Faces are the same way with Poison Gas). Anima is of course a big jerk, and apparently I forgot to code her Graviga spell (same with Archaeodaemon's Lifebreak). It's still not bad for a party that's up to speed in the game, but for lower leveled ones? Yeah, pretty tough. And you cannot leave Pandaemonium either since you're locked into the dungeon.

So I guess the question is this: Should the player be forced to grind in this particular dungeon or not? The reason I ask is that, for those who don't know, the bosses of this dungeon force the player to use every character bar Byakuren/Hope in set boss fights (for example, the first boss fight forces you to use the team of Meiling/Aya/Nitori). I don't want to make the area TOO difficult despite being near endgame (it's the 5th to last final dungeon of the game), but I still want it to have difficulty. >_<

• 1 month later...

9229970c1cc72c02bd88bf8865d6907f.png

What's that?? You thought the project was dead!? Not yet! I was just busy LPing Crisis Core and Final Fantasy XII, but now that both of those are over, getting back to this game again! And taking my sweet time because mapping sucks. Speaking of mapping, the above is part of the Silent Cave mini-dungeon, which links Gensokyo to Makai right by Silent Shrine. It's slightly inspired by the switch puzzle found in Turtle Rock in Link to the Past, but heavily modified. Instead of there being 2 colors, there's going to be 5-6 colors (red, blue, green, yellow, orange, and light blue), with some being up and some being down. I'm not THAT great at puzzles, so this one is going to take me a while to set up. The goal is to get to the top of the room, which is the exit to the final area (no puzzles there, just straight up exit, but you can't go back the way you came once you leave that way). Silent Shrine is already set up pretty much, just a few more things to sort out there and it's done. Funny how the mini-dungeon may be much longer than the actual dungeon itself!

Once Silent Cave and Silent Shrine are done, I just have Palanquin Ship and Hokkai left for beta5. Palanquin Ship is already fully mapped, just no gimmicks put into it yet. Hokkai is where I'll have to do mapping from scratch yet again, but from Hokkai onwards, there aren't any puzzles in the dungeons. It's pretty much straightforward as it gets. So we're getting closer to finishing the main story! Once main story is done, then I'll go back and update/fix characters, and then probably work on the optional sidequests, if I ever feel up to it. The crafting system? May also get reworked, who knows?

Oh, and if there's anyone interested in taking up finishing Hope's battle sprites, do let me know!

• 1 month later...

bee4c98678c584b5e30d604c9d86f4c3.png

Well, that took entirely too long to do...yay or nay for first main area of Hokkai? I'm trying to go with different paths for the dungeon, all but one path are either optional stuff or dead-ends. The player can come back later for actual optional stuff, but for now, a lot of areas won't have much purpose, as most areas that seem to have no purpose are in the game. I'm trying to go for that "sealed region of Makai" feel with what tilesets I have, and this is what I already used for one of the premonition scenes in Hokkai with Sariel in Hokkai...also yes, those big circles? Those ARE teleporters that take you to regions you cannot access by foot at all. I'm trying to actually do mapping now to get the final 3-4 dungeons done, and Hokkai's next on the list since Palanquin Ship is already fully mapped (but not evented). Once I finish Hokkai, I have Hakurei Shrine Forest (super short mini-dungeon), End of Gensokyo (shouldn't be too bad to do, also short), The Void (lots of various mash-ups as usual), and Heart of Pandora (no idea how to handle the tileset for this one...any suggestions of what the lands inside Pandora's Box may look like?!).

In addition, there are going to be some changes to characters sooner or later. These are: Suwako, Sanae, Utsuho, & Koishi.

Sanae:

*Replenish MP: Will possibly be a buff for one of Sanae's abilities, probably Daytime Guest Stars, which will take 1% of the damage taken and restore that as MP, starting at 20 turns, up to a maximum of 40 turns (5 levels max). Yay or nay? 1% is pretty low, but the ability may not cost anything, or is very low cost, to make up for that possibly.
*Gray Thaumaturgy: Cures most negative statuses with a % chance to fully restore each ally. Starts at 5%, gains +2% each level up, to a maximum of 13% at level 5.
*Overly Bright Stars: Restores MP to each party member equal to 20% of Sanae's MAG, with X% chance to damage each party member. Starts at 80%, -10% per level, to a minimum of 30% chance. +5% per level up for usage of Sanae's MAG stat being used, up to 40% at level 5.

Utsuho:

*Retro Atomic Model: Halves damage from % attacks (100% > 50%, 50% > 25%, etc.) or may nullify % damage entirely. Not 100% sure on this one yet as I don't know if that'd make some fights TOO easy or not. Seeing as there's probably one attack from bosses, if even that, that are % based like this, it's probably not going to be THAT bad. It'd only really gimp enemies that heavily rely on it, or bosses that do like the Iron Golem in Cave to Pandaemonium.

Suwako:

*Monstrous Toad God: Inflicts Doom: 20, Haste: 20, and grants a buff per level.
*Ancient Jade: Adds Earth-elemental damage and hitrate to 70%. Damage is high, but can still inflict buffs.
*Native God's Curse: Inflicts Disable: 5 to one enemy. +5 turns for each level up, to a maximum of 20 turns.
*Blighted Earth: Inflicts Curse on all enemies at a % chance for 10 turns. +5 turns per level up, to a maximum of 25 turns.

Koishi:

Blue Magic List:

Diamond Edge: Inflicts moderate Ice-elemental damage + Berserk: oo to one target.
Lightning Orb: Inflicts moderate Lightning-elemental damage that ignores Defense to one target.
Shadow Flare: Inflicts major Shadow-elemental magic damage to one target.
Bio: Inflicts minor Poison-elemental magic damage + Poison: oo to one target.
Biora: Inflicts moderate Poison-elemental magic damage + Poison: oo to one target.
Bioga: Inflicts major Poison-elemental magic damage + Poison: oo to one target.
Poison Mist: Inflicts minor Poison-elemental magic damage + Poison: oo to all enemies.
Gravity Bomb: Inflicts moderate Gravity-elemental damage to one target.
Pandaemonium: Inflicts major Mystic-elemental damage to all enemies.
Special Missile: Inflicts moderate non-elemental physical damage and lowers one target's Physical resistances.
Mighty Guard: Grants multiple buffs to the party.
Night: Inflicts Sleep: 50 to friend and foe alike at 100% chance, unless immune.
White Wind: Restores HP to the party equal to Koishi's current HP.
Drain: Drains minor HP from one target.
Magic Hammer: Drains 100 MP from one target.
Flare Star: Inflicts damage to all enemies equal to target's level x40. 75% accuracy.
Chaos Drive: Inflicts damage to all enemies equal to 25% of Koishi's current HP.
Nova Storm: 50% chance to reduce each target's HP to 1, friend and foe alike.

Sakuya might also get her Private Square changed to where either A) All allies & enemies are under Slow until Sakuya has taken 3 actions, +1 action for each level up, or B) Depending on the level, it will reset all global timers (not for statuses, but things such as enemy buff timers for things like Nul-, Protect, or Shell), reset all Bomb Charges, and a couple other things. I don't know, I haven't thought TOO hard on Sakuya, but she's due for an upgrade with some of her abilities too. Yay or nay to any of the above?

And yes, Curse is now an officially dangerous status. It now prevents any healing that's not % or special based (so things like Healing Potion, Hope's Fairy Circle, or Reimu's Pray can bypass it, but straight healing like Reimu's Hakurei Amulet, Cirno's Great Fairy, or Meiling's Rainbow Wind Chime won't work. Disease also exists now and halves healing effects.

daeb8f5445d47696c8370c25d087e280.jpg

So, this is all the maps I've done thus far for the dungeon, lined up. Yes, they're still meant to line up even when split up into separate maps, that's just how I like to do them. Having them as one big map presents its own problems. Anywho, this is just the first area of Hokkai, before the second boss of the dungeon (the first is at the entrance). After that boss, there's still 4 bosses left (2 of which are fought at the very end, so that's really only 2 bosses before that one, meaning at least 2 more areas kinda like this one). Not sure what else to do with Hokkai at the moment...any suggestions?? I don't want to really go the teleporter route as I've done that enough in this game as it is, and there isn't really any gimmick or puzzle in this dungeon as I was trying to omit that for the most part for the final 3 dungeons of the game...>_<

• 4 weeks later...

=================================================
                CHARACTERS

*Reimu:
  *Fantasy Orb/Seal: Now 100% accuracy instead of 95%.

*Marisa:
  *Magic Missile: Now 100% accuracy instead of 95%.

*Aya:
  *Demonic Kemono: Now grants NulPhysical, starting at 15 turns at level 1, up to 30 turns at max level. MP costs have increased as well.
    *Level 1: 15 MP > 28 MP
    *Level 2: 25 MP > 40 MP
    *Level 3: 40 MP > 56 MP
    *Level 4: 60 MP > 90 MP

*Patchouli:
  *Weapon Bless has been replaced by Recharge. Recharge restores 25/50/75 MP to the party, at the cost of 15/30/45 MP to Patchouli, depending on the level of the command. Command can be leveled up by equipping specific weapons.

*Reisen:
  *Ultraviolet Field: Cures Berserk instead of Poison. 4 MP > 10 MP.
  *Weak Heart: Cures Paralyze, Debrave, Deprotect, Defaith, and Fear instead of Sleep. 6 > 14 MP.
  *Disorder Eye: Cures Venom, Petrify, Freeze, Slow, Stop, and Heat instead of Berserk. 10 MP > 36 MP.
  *Mind Bending: Cures Sleep instead of Confuse.
  *Corolla Glance: Cures Sap and MP Sap instead of Paralyze.
  *Ripple Vision: Cures only Silence instead of both Silence and Sleep.
  *Undersense Break: Cures Confuse, Lock, and Disable instead of Petrify, Freeze, and Stop. 16 MP > 22 MP.
  *X-Wave: Now starts at 23% chance to doublecast, gaining +3% every level up to 50% chance.
  *All EX Skills are dummied out.

*Byakuren:
  *Weapon Bless has been replaced by Chant, which restores 15% Max MP to the party.

*Sanae:
  *Overly Bright Stars: Restores MP to each party member equal to 20% of Sanae's MAG, with X% chance to damage each party member equal to the MP recovered. Starts at 80%, -10% per level, to a minimum of 30% chance.

*Suwako:
  *Ancient Jade: 70% accuracy on all levels, now Earth-elemental instead of Water-elemental. No longer can inflict Instant Death.
    *Level 1: ~400 base damage. 6 MP > 22 MP.
    *Level 2: ~650 base damage. 10 MP > 38 MP.
    *Level 3: ~900 base damage. 14 MP > 54 MP.
    *Level 4: ~1150 base damage. 18 MP > 70 MP.
    *Level 5: ~1400 base damage. 22 MP > 88 MP.
    *Level 6: ~1650 base damage. 26 MP > 102 MP.
    *Level 7: ~1900 base damage. 30 MP > 116 MP.
    *Level 8: ~2150 base damage. 34 MP > 130 MP.
    *Level 9: ~2400 base damage. 38 MP > 145 MP.
    *Level 10: ~2650 base damage. 42 MP > 158 MP.
  *Monstrous Toad God: No longer increases Speed.
    *Level 1: Doom: 20, Haste: 20, Zombie: oo. 5 MP > 22 MP.
    *Level 2: Doom: 20, Haste: 20, NulPhysical: 15, Zombie: oo. 15 MP > 40 MP.
    *Level 3: Doom: 20, Haste: 20, NulPhysical: 15, NulMagic: 15, Zombie: oo. 25 MP > 64 MP.
    *Level 4: Doom: 20, Haste: 20, NulPhysical: 15, NulMagic: 15, 100% Doublecast: 20, Zombie: oo. 45 MP > 80 MP.

*Utsuho:
   *Retro Atomic Model: Halves damage from % type attacks (50% would become 25%, 100% like Maelstrom would become 50%, etc.). Doesn't work on all % type attacks.

ITEMS

*Demonic Kemono now costs more:
   *Level 1: 500 > 1800
   *Level 2: 1000 > 5000
   *Level 3: - > 14500
   *Level 4: - > 28000

Still in the process of updating characters. Byakuren's Chant, Patchouli's Recharge, and Sanae's Overly Bright Stars aren't fully implemented yet, but they will be after testing is done on them. Trying to update characters again so that they're more useful. Will probably update Nitori's Armor Elemental Bless to actually nullify elemental damage when used as well. Might actually make those cost more MP too.

c186d38ae41082a6a59b287cebd30cd0.png58fa7a92fc14079970ddfd956a4883e7.png

With the power of messing around, I managed to figure out how to set things up so that equipping multiple pieces of equipment with this plugin will allow for stacked bonuses! For example, equipping just the Raven Armor will give a 33% damage reduction to Fire-elemental attacks, but equipping Raven Armor with say the Red Hat (25% Fire-elemental damage reduction) will give the player a 58% damage reduction! On top of that, if the player were to have anything that outright nullifies or absorbs Fire-elemental attacks (such as the Fire Armor Bless & NulElemental statuses, or the Fire Ring for nullification, or the Flare Ring for absorption), then it doesn't matter what the other pieces of equipment are as those will always override those!

Man, I feel good figuring this out! It makes it so that I can give multiple equipment pieces actual use now instead of just...one time only use things early in the game! Does anyone think this is a good idea to go with? I was originally using the default 2k3 attribute system, which was just A/B/C/D/E (200%/100%/50%/0%/-100%), which...is kinda meh honestly, and doesn't allow the player to really...customize themselves as much I feel.

===================================================
                    EQUIPMENT

*Various pieces of equipment now grant % resistance to elements. Equpping multiple pieces of equipment with the same type of elemental resistance will now stack together.
  *Hakurei Armlet: -66% Dark-elemental damage (Humans only).
  *Scarlet Armlet: -66% Holy-elemental damage (Youkai/Sakuya only).
  *Tao Robe: -80% Holy/Dark-elemental damage (Mages only).
  *Atlas: -70% Earth-elemental damage (Non-mages)
  *Netherworld Dress: -40% Dark-elemental damage.
  *Saigyouji Robe: -40% Dark-elemental damage (Mages only).
  *Raven Armor/Cloak: -33% Fire-elemental damage (Cloak is mages only).
  *Soul Armor/Cloak: -25% Dark-elemental damage.
  *Mist Robe: -80% Fire/Water-elemental damage (Mages only).
  *Angel Robe: -66% Holy-elemental damage (Mages only)
  *Phantom Bracer: -40% Ice-elemental damage.
  *Nova Dress: -66% Fire-elemental damage.
  *Radiant Dress: -33% Holy-elemental damage.
  *Celestial Dress: -80% Dark-elemental damage.
  *Boundary Garb: -33% Holy/Dark-elemental damage.
  *Prism Dress: -25% All elemental damage (excluding Poison/Gravity/Mystic).
  *Baka Dress: -10% Water-elemental damage (Cirno only)
  *Twin Elemental: -33% Fire/Ice-elemental damage (Patchouli only).
  *Selaginella: -50% Fire-elemental damage (Meiling only).
  *Bunny Outfit: -33% Wind-elemental damage (Reisen only)
  *Tengu Armlet: -80% Wind-elemental damage (Aya/Momiji only)
  *Aqua Jacket: -60% Ice-elemental damage (Nitori only)
  *Funeral Gown: -66% Dark-elemental damage (Youmu only)
  *Sun Dress: -100% Fire/Water-elemental damage (Yuuka only).
  *Regal Shirt: -100% Ice-elemental damage (Mokou only).
  *Monk Robe: -40% Dark-elemental damage (Byakuren only)
  *Myouren Robe: -90% Poison/Gravity-elemental damage (Byakuren only)
  *KeroKero Armor: -20% Dark-elemental damage (Suwako only)
  *Anti-Snake Armor: -30% Earth-elemental/-80% Poison-elemental damage (Suwako only).
  *Barette: -50% Ice-elemental damage.
  *Dark Hat: -75% Dark-elemental damage.
  *Twist Bandana: -40% Earth-elemental damage.
  *Aerial Garland: -60% Wind-elemental damage.
  *Mermaid Cap: -40% Water-elemental damage.
  *Black Hood: -15% Holy-elemental damage (Mages only)
  *Circlet: -40% Wind/Water-elemental damage.
  *Seraphic Garland: -33% Dark-elemental damage.
  *Netherworld Ribbon: -10% Wind-elemental damage.
  *Flame Barrer: -50% Fire-elemental damage.
  *Gaia Barrier: -50% Earth-elemental damage.
  *Wind Barrier: -50% Wind-elemental damage.
  *Plasma Barrier: -90% Poison-elemental damage.
  *Hakurei Barrier: -100% Dark-elemental damage.
  *Bane Shield: -150% Poison-elemental damage.
  *Diamond Shield: -100% Thunder-elemental damage.
  *Dragon Shield/Crystal Shield/Hero's Shield: -25% Fire/Ice/Thunder-elemental damage (Momiji only).
  *Svalinn: -80% Fire-elemental damage (Momiji/Hope only).
  *Red Hat: -25% Fire-elemental damage.
  *Flash Hat: -60% Thunder-elemental damage.
  *Dragon's Necklace: -25% Fire/Ice/Thunder-elemental damage.
  *Buddha's Stone Bowl: -120% Earth-elemental damage.
  *Divine Ying-Yang Orb: -150% Dark-elemental damage (Reimu only)
  *Fire Ring: Set to 0% Fire-elemental damge.
  *Flare Ring: Set to -100% Fire-elemental damage.
  *Ice Ring: Set to 0% Ice-elemental damage.
  *Cirno Ring: Set to -100% Ice-elemental damage.
  *Thunder Ring: Set to 0% Thunder-elemental damage.
  *Shock Ring: Set to -100% Thunder-elemental damage.
  *Gaia Ring: Set to 0% Earth-elemental damage.
  *Earthen Amulet: Set to -100% Earth-elemental damage.
  *Wind Ring: Set to 0% Wind-elemental damage.
  *Gale Hairpin: Set to -100% Wind-elemental damage.
  *Water Ring: Set to 0% Water-elemental damage.
  *Kappa Ring: Set to -100% Water-elemental damage.
  *White Ring: Set to 0% Holy-elemental damage.
  *Hakurei Amulet: Set to -100% Holy-elemental damage.
  *Black Ring: Set to 0% Dark-elemental damage.
  *Devil's Wrist: Set to -100% Dark-elemental damage.
  *Poison Ring: Set to 0% Poison-elemental damage.
  *Bane Ring: Set to -100% Poison-elemental damage.
  *Matter Ring: -75% Gravity-elemental damage.
  *Fire Rat's Robe: Set to -100% Fire-elemental damage.
  *Special Parasol: -66% All elemental damage (excluding Poison/Gravity/Mystic) (Remilia only).  

GAMEPLAY

*Regen now restores 3% Max HP instead of 1% Max HP.
*All Armor Elemental Bless abilities nullifies the element chosen for 30 turns. NulElemental now exists as a buff via Suwako.

I will probably mess with the Physical/Magical coding later on so that it can work with Protect/Shell (Either 33% or 50% damage reduction from physical/magical attacks, haven't decided yet) as well as with various equipment (for example, equipping Atlas would give a 33% damage reduction against physicals, but a +33% damage taken from magic attacks). I haven't actually made anything increase damage to anything else yet, but it'll happen at some point! This also means that some equipment descriptions are going to be changed too to deal with this. Ancient Jade is also being updated to lose giving enemies buffs as well as lower MP costs since it's too high I think. I will probably be dealing with more Suwako stuff here shortly, but yay for more optimal choices with equipment?! Maybe the Rings will FINALLY get some usage! \ o /

===============================================
                CHARACTERS

*Cirno:
  *Dark Side of the Moon: 12 MP > 15 MP.
  *Swarm of Bright Bugs: 24 MP > 15 MP.
  *Shikigami: Protect duration reduced from 50 to 25 on both versions.

*Reisen:
  *Ultraviolet Field: No longer cures Berserk, now cures Venom, Stop, Petrify, Heat, and Doom. Restores ~300 HP. Now costs 14 MP.
  *Eyesight Cleaning: No longer cures Blind. Now cures Blind, Berserk, Slow, Fear, and Cursed. Restores ~300 HP. Now costs 14 MP.
  *Weak Heart: No longer cures Paralyze, now cures Slow and Deshell. Restores ~300 HP. Now costs 14 MP.
  *Disorder Eye: No longer cures Venom, Petrify, Freeze, Slow, Stop, or Heat. Now cures Sleep, Paralyze, Freeze, and Stop. Restores ~300 HP. Now costs 14 MP.
  *Mind Bending: No longer cures Sleep. Now cures Blind, Silence, Lock, and Disable. Restores ~300 HP. Now costs 14 MP.
  *Corolla Glance: No longer cures Sap and MP Sap. Now cures Cursed, Zombie, and Disease. Restores ~300 HP. Now costs 14 MP.
  *Ripple Vision: No longer cures Silence, now cures Poison, Venom, Sap, and MP Sap. Restores ~300 HP. Now costs 14 MP.
  *Undersense Break: No longer cures Confuse, Lock, and Disable. Now cures Berserk and Confusion. Restores ~300 HP. Now costs 14 MP.

*Sakuya:
  *Private Square:
   *Level 1: Slow: 10 (All enemies) > Slow: 10 (All enemies/Allies) [Ignores immunity]
   *Level 2: Slow: 20 (All enemies) > Slow: 15 (All enemies/Allies) [Ignores immunity]
   *Level 3: Slow: 30 (All enemies) > Slow: 20 (All enemies/Allies) [Ignores immunity]
   *Level 4: Slow: 40 (All enemies) > Slow: 25 (All enemies/Allies) [Ignores immunity]

*Momiji:
   *Protectga: Now grants Protect: 25 instead of Protect: 50.

*Suwako
  *Native God's Curse: No longer reduces speed to one target.
   *Level 1: Disable: 5. 5 MP > 12 MP.
   *Level 2: Disable: 10. 15 MP > 24 MP.
   *Level 3: Disable: 15. 25 MP > 36 MP.
   *Level 4: Disable: 20. 45 MP > 48 MP.
  *Blighted Earth: Inflicts unblockable non-elemental damage to all enemies equal to the party's missing HP.
   *Level 1: 100% damage
   *Level 2: 125% damage
   *Level 3: 150% damage
   *Level 4: 200% damage
  *Ancient Jade: MP costs have been readjusted.
  *Brave the Elements:
   *Level 1: NulElemental: 10, Cursed: oo. 20 MP.
   *Level 2: NulElemental: 15, Doom: 20, Cursed: oo. 32 MP.
   *Level 3: NulElemental: 20, Doom: 20, Cursed: oo. 44 MP.
   *Level 4: NulElemental: 25, Doom: 20, Cursed: oo. 56 MP.
   *Level 5: NulElemental: 30, Doom: 20, Cursed: oo. 68 MP.
  *Frog God:
   *Level 1: If target's HP is below 25% Max HP, grants Auto-Regen, Auto-NulPhysical, Auto-NulMagic, and Doom: 20.
   *Level 2: If target's HP is below 30% Max HP, grants Auto-Regen, Auto-NulPhysical, Auto-NulMagic, and Doom: 20.
   *Level 3: If target's HP is below 30% Max HP, grants Auto-Regen, Auto-MP Regen, Auto-NulPhysical, Auto-NulMagic, and Doom: 20.
   *Level 4: If target's HP is below 35% Max HP, grants Auto-Regen, Auto-MP Regen, Auto-NulPhysical, Auto-NulMagic, and Doom: 20.
   *Level 5: If target's HP is below 35% Max HP, grants Auto-Regen, Auto-MP Regen, and Auto-NulPhysical, Auto-NulMagic, Auto-Haste, and Doom: 20.

EQUIPMENT

*Physical/Magic resistances adjusted:
   *Frostbite: -25% Magic damage (Cirno only)
   *Reaper Cloak: -80% Magic damage (Komachi only)
   *Heavy Robe: -12% Physical damage (Mages only)
   *Atlas: -8% Physical damage, +5% Magic damage (Non-mages only)
   *Tao Robe: -5% Physical damage (Mages only)
   *Raven Armor/Cloak: -10% Physical/Magic damage, +20% Physical/Magic damage.
   *Shield Bangle: -12% Physical damage, +24% Magic damage (Non-mages only)
   *Magic Armlet: -12% Magic damage, +24% Physical damage (Non-mages only)

*Mystery Veil: -20% Physical/Magic damage.
   *Grand Ribbon: -20% Physical damage.
   *Wizard Hat: -20% Magic damage.

*Divine Ying-Yang Orb: -33% Magic damage (Reimu only)
   *Dragon Star: -50% Magic damage (Meiling only)
   *Tengu's Camera: -80% Magic damage, +80% Physical damage (Aya only)
   *Control Rod: -80% Physical damage, +80% Magic damage (Utsuho only)
   *Damage Charm: Half Physical damage, doubled Magic damage.
   *Spell Charm: Halved Magic damage, doubled Physical damage.
   *Protect Ring: Auto-Protect.
   *Gleipnir/Brisingal/Key to Success/Draupnir/Kaustuba: -4%-20% Physical damage.
   *Coin of Fortune/Ray of Light/Princess's Crown/Brisingamen/Yata no Kagami: -4%-20% Magic damage.
   *Crimson Blood/Yasakani no Magatama/Iron Duke: -5%-15% Physical/Magic damage.
   *Quartz Charm: Auto-Protect, Auto-Shell.
   *Jewel of Hourai: -100% Magic damage, +100% Physical damage.

*Magician's Barrier: -5% Magic damage, +5% Physical damage.
   *Maple Shield: +10% PBlock (Momiji Only)
   *Heavy Shield: +80% PBlock, x2 Magic damage (Momiji Only)
   *Bane Shield: +10% MBlock (Momiji Only)
   *Berserk Shield: +80% MBlock, x2 Physical damage (Momiji Only)
   *Diamond Shield: +25% PBlock (Momiji Only)
   *Dragon Shield: +33% MBlock (Momiji Only)
   *Crystal Shield: +33% PBlock (Momiji Only)
   *Hero's Shield: +50% PBlock/MBlock (Momiji Only)
   *Aegis: +30% MBlock, +10% PBlock (Momiji/Hope Only)
   *Svalinn: +25% PBlock/MBlock (Momiji/Hope Only)

SYSTEM

*Regen reverted back to 1% Max HP.
*Protect now gives -33% Physical resistance instead of doubling Defense. Deprotect and Fear now gives +33% Physical resistance instead of halving Defense. Shell now exists and gives -33% Magic resistance. Deshell now exists and gives +33% Magic resistance. Fear now affects Magic resistance by +33%.
*The Pierce, Blunt, and Slash attributes have been removed from all skills. Weapons still retain these attributes.

There's more to still come in terms of abilities and updates too (for example, more PBlock/MBlock stuff). For those who are wondering what PBlock and MBlock are, they stand for "Physical Block" and "Magic Block", granting a chance to completely nullify damage of that type. It's your basic shield evasion in FF games. I figured now would be a good time to implement this, and it works best on Momiji's shields. I'll probably also put it on armlets/bangles for PBlock (mostly), and for Robes they might get some MBlock stats perhaps. Suwako's Frog God is next to be coded after I get done with Physical/Magic resistances. For other abilities that are to come, here's that!

For Marisa:

*Orreries Sun:
   *Level 1: Shell: 35
   *Level 2: Shell: 40
   *Level 3: Shell: 45
   *Level 4: Shell: 50
*Orrery's Universe:
   *Level 1: Shell: 10
   *Level 2: Shell: 15
   *Level 3: Shell: 20
   *Level 4: Shell: 25

For Patchouli:

*Photosynthesis: MP Regen to the party.
*Philosopher's Stone: Make it give NulElemental: 20 to the party.

For Aya:

Demonic Kemono:
   *Level 1: PBlock +10%
   *Level 2: PBlock +20%
   *Level 3: PBlock +30%
   *Level 4: PBlock +40%

For Momiji:

*Clairvoyance: Doubles Momiji's PBlock/MBlock.
*Decoy: AoE Provoke.
*Barrier/Shield Wall: Grants Momiji's PBlock/MBlock to one ally/the party.

For Nitori:

*Optical Camouflage: Self-Blink/Shell, starting at 5 turns, up to 50 turns.

For Youmu:

*Phosphoric Slash: Inflicts weapon's status effect to all enemies with 100% chance.
*Reflection Slash: Grant 20% chance to reflect all skills back at enemy party. Buff lasts 30 turns.

For Yuuka:

*Orreries Sun:
   *Level 1: Shell: 10
   *Level 2: Shell: 20
   *Level 3: Shell: 30
   *Level 4: Shell: 40

For Sanae:

*Daytime Guest Stars:
   *Level 1: MBlock +8%
   *Level 2: MBlock +16%
   *Level 3: MBlock +24%
   *Level 4: MBlock +32%
   *Level 5: MBlock +40%

For Utsuho:

*Atomic Fire Visor: PBlock +50%/MBlock +25%. Return Damage: 100%. Buff lasts for 30 turns, only usable on Utsuho.

And a quick poll of sorts!

A) Continue updating characters, work on maps whenever time allows for it.
B) Work on maps and finish them, then work on updating characters.
C) Work on maps and finish main storyline before doing anymore database work.
D) Quit working on the game entirely.

So yeah! Just curious what you guys think I should be doing (since I can be bad about it, as you can tell by how long beta5 is taking to come out due to database overhauling, but it's been for the better!). I'd also like to hear what you guys have to say about the game, if you've played through it at all, since hearing how the game was before compared to what it's going to be will be interesting.

CHARACTERS

*Marisa:
  *Orreries Sun: No longer raises elemental resistances. Now grants Shell to a single ally.
   *Level 1: Shell: 35. 8 MP > 15 MP.
   *Level 2: Shell: 40. 16 MP > 30 MP.
   *Level 3: Shell: 45. 24 MP > 45 MP.
   *Level 4: Shell: 50. 32 MP > 60 MP.
  *Orrery's Universe: No longer raises one ally's Magic resist. Now granst Shell to the party.
   *Level 1: Shell: 10. 15 MP > 5 MP.
   *Level 2: Shell: 15. 30 MP > 10 MP.
   *Level 3: Shell: 20. 45 MP > 15 MP.
   *Level 4: Shell: 25. 60 MP > 20 MP.

*Aya:
  *Demonic Kemono: NulPhysical levels reduced by 5, starting at 10 turns to a maximum of 25 turns.

*Patchouli:
  *Photosynthesis: Now grants MP Regen to the party.
  *Philosopher's Stone: 150 MP > 80 MP. No longer reduces enemy's elemental resistances, now grants NulElemental: 20 to the party.

*Reisen's elemental resists have been fixed. She now has the following resists: Weak vs Dark, Halves Holy, Halves Poison

*Momiji:
  *Clairvoyance: 150 MP > 80 MP. No longer lowers all elemental/Physical/Magic resistances to all enemies, now doubles Momiji's PBlock and MBlock.
  *Barrier/Shield Wall: No longer grants resistance to Physical attacks. Now grants Momiji's default PBlock/MBlock values to one ally/the party.

*Nitori:
  *Optical Camouflage: No longer grants attribute resists or Blink: 50 on all levels. Now grants Blink and Shell on each level, starting at 5 turns to a maximum of 50 turns.

*Yuuka:
  *Orreries Sun: No longer raises elemental resistances. Now grants Shell to a single ally.
   *Level 1: Shell: 35. 8 MP > 15 MP.
   *Level 2: Shell: 40. 16 MP > 30 MP.
   *Level 3: Shell: 45. 24 MP > 45 MP.
   *Level 4: Shell: 50. 32 MP > 60 MP.

*Byakuren: Replenish MP passive reduced from 5% Max HP to 1% Max HP for MP recovery.

*Sanae:
  *Daytime Guest Stars: No longer increases the party's ATK.
   *Level 1: PBlock +10%. 8 MP > 12 MP.
   *Level 2: PBlock +20%. 16 MP > 24 MP.
   *Level 3: PBlock +30%. 24 MP > 36 MP.
   *Level 4: PBlock +40%. 32 MP > 48 MP.
   *Level 5: PBlock +50%. 40 MP > 60 MP.
  *Gray Thaumaturgy: No longer increases the party's DEF.
   *Level 1: MBlock +10%. 8 MP > 12 MP.
   *Level 2: MBlock +20%. 16 MP > 24 MP.
   *Level 3: MBlock +30%. 24 MP > 36 MP.
   *Level 4: MBlock +40%. 32 MP > 48 MP.
   *Level 5: MBlock +50%. 40 MP > 60 MP.

*Utsuho:
  *Atomic Fire Visor: No longer grants Fire resist up to the party. Now grants PBlock +50%, MBlock +25%, and Return Damage: 100%. Buff lasts for 30 turns, and is only usable on Utsuho.

*Koakuma: Now has 50% Magic resist instead of immunity.

EQUIPMENT

*Shrine Maiden Sleeve: All stats reduced from 5 ATK, 20 DEF, 5 MAG, and 5 SPD to -5 (Reimu only).
   *Arm Warmers: Resist: -60% Ice, -10% Physical. +10 Speed. Immunity: Freeze, Heat. +38 DEF, +10 MAG. (Reimu only)
   *PC-98 Garb: Blink: 30. +35 ATK, +58 DEF. (Reimu only)
   *Divine Red-White: Blink: 50, Return Damage: 20%, Absorb Damage: 20%. +100 ATK/DEF/MAG. (Reimu only)
   *Sneaking Suit: Resist: -6% Physical, PBlock +15% (Marisa only).
   *Purple Witch Clothes: Start with MP Replenish. Resist: Absorb Poison. +28 DEF, +55 MAG (Marisa only)
   *M Apron: -200 ATK, +40 DEF, +150 MAG, +10 SPD. Half MP Cost. Enables access to Mug, Bandit, and Master Thief. (Marisa only)
   *Frostbite: Resist: -12% Magic, +10% PBlock/MBlock. Immunity: Heat (Cirno only).
   *Critical Freeze: +99 DEF, +25 MAG, prevents Critical Hits. Immunity: Freeze/Slow/Sleep for the party (Cirno only).
   *0K: -99 ATK, +155 DEF, +112 MAG. Start with Return Damage: 20%. Resist: Null Fire, halves Ice damage to party (Cirno only).
   *Rainbow Dress: No longer gives +18 Speed (Meiling only).
   *Crouching Tiger: +200 ATK, +40 DEF, -50 MAG, +35 SPD, prevents Critical Hits. Immunity: Berserk, Slow. Status: SOS Protect (Meiling only).
   *Hidden Dragon: +140 ATK, +200 DEF, +55 MAG, -25 SPD. PBlock +20%. Status: Auto-Protect (Meiling only).
   *Five Elements: Resist: -33% Fire/Ice/Holy/Dark/Poison (Patchouli only).
   *Seven Elemental Robe: Resist: -33% Fire/Earth/Wind/Water/Holy/Dark/Poison (Patchouli only).
   *Medical Gown: Status resist lowered from 50% to 33% (Reisen only).
   *Lunar Jacket: +80 DEF, +99 MAG. Resist: -40% Dark/Gravity. Status: HP% Block (Reisen only).
   *Business Suit: +112 DEF, +40 MAG, +40 Speed. Status: Party starts with Auto-Esuna: 30. Bonuses: Millionaire (Reisen only).

*Leather Shirt: PBlock +4%.
   *Magician Robe: MBlock +5%.
   *Scarlet Armlet: Resist: Absorb. Immunity: Sap, MP Sap. No longer can be used by Sakuya.
   *Netherworld Dress: MP Regen: 10.
   *Radiant Dress: Resist: -33% Thunder. MBlock +10%
   *Soul Armor: +10 Speed, PBlock +10%.
   *Soul Cloak: +10 Speed, MBlock +10%.
   *Mist Robe: No longer gives +10 speed.
   *Shield Bangle: Auto-Protect, Auto-Deshell, PBlock +10%.
   *Phantom Bracer: Immunity: Fear, Confuse.
   *Czar Robe: MBlock +10%. Immunity: Fear, Debrave, Deprotect, Defaith, Deshell.
   *Celestial Dress: Immunity: Death, Doom. PBlock +15%. Resist: -80% Earth.
   *Boundary Garb: Resist: -33% Poison/Gravity. +20 Speed. MBlock +15%
   *Robe of Lords: Auto-Protect. PBlock +10%, MBlock +15%
   *Sage's Armlet: Auto-MP Regen, Auto-Faith, MP Shield. MBlock +20%.
   *Magic Armlet: Auto-Shell, Auto-Deprotect. MBlock +10%

*Magician's Barrier: Start with MP Shield: 50 turns.
   *Aegis: +30% MBlock, +10% PBlock (Momiji/Hope Only)
   *Svalinn: +25% PBlock/MBlock (Momiji/Hope Only)

SYSTEM

*A Fairy Maid now appears at the Hakurei Shrine Ruins when you're meant to go to Eastern Forest to sell items.
*Blind now fixed to 50% accuracy instead of 10% accuracy (70% on player version). Player version no longer locks physical skills.
*Absorb Damage and Return Damage buffs now last 60 turns instead of 20 turns.
*Replenish MP now recovers MP equal to 1% of damage taken instead of 5%. Buff lasts 50 turns instead of 20 turns.
*Provoke now lasts 50 turns instead of 30 turns. Provoke can now wear off.
*MP Shield now lasts 50 turns instead of 20 turns.

All the updates! There's still more to come too in regards to equipment, but it's about to be wrapped up soon. Whether or not having specific equipment on will give abilities like Momiji's shields, I don't know yet. Probably? Characters still need updated too (for example, Sakuya needs a HEAVY revamp), but they're also getting pretty close to being done finally. I'm really REALLY hoping these updates make the game much more enjoyable!

On that note, there are some cutscenes I do plan on updating/changing (such as the intro) to make them...well, better! The SDM scene on the roof and library afterwards has been updated for instance, and there's more to probably come, but those won't happen for a VERY long time, or unless LockeZ decides to help revamp them a bit more. Any suggestions or feedback to these updates or to the game is still more than welcomed! As is any help, such as with spriting (I am still in need of spriters for Hope's and Chaos's sprites. Youki doesn't need it anymore since he's dummied out) and mapping (this is the thing that's holding up the game the most from being done)!

http://www.mediafire.com/file/66m3l4360klrb4t/Touhou_Fantasy.rar

Yes! That's right, new update finally after...wait, when last time I released an update patch for this game?? Anywho, all armors are done (and only armors!) and everything SHOULD be in working order. I may need some willing testers to test out the game from the start to see how busted things get.

In addition to that, here's what's new again!

CHARACTERS

*Sakuya:
   *Magic Star Sword/Eternal Meek: Deals extra damage vs. Magicians.
   *Bounce No-Bounce/Killing Doll: Power increased by 33%, deals extra damage vs. Undead.
   *Time Paradox: Only available while equipped with the Perfect Maid armor. Grants Doublecast: 20 to Sakuya, but prevents her from being able to recast it until KO'd and revived. 12 MP.
   *Perfect Maid: New starting skill. Grants 20% chance of Absorb Damage/Return Damage: 100% to Sakuya, then wears off immediately afterwards.

*Komachi:
   *Ransom: Now set to 25% chance to activate instead of 100%.

*Mokou: Now Ghost type instead of God type.

EQUIPMENT

*French Maid Outfit: Attack increased from 25 to 50. PBlock +12%. Resist: -10% Physical damage (Sakuya only)
   *Winter Maid Outfit: Resist: -40% Ice damage (Sakuya only)
   *Elegant Maid Outfit: Dummied out.
   *Perfect Maid: +55 Speed. Immunity: Stop/Slow. Status: Blink: 20. Enables Time Paradox (Sakuya only)
   *Tengu Armlet: Loses 10 speed (Aya/Momiji only).
   *Great Tengu Robe: Loses 50 speed (Aya/Momiji only).
   *High Rank: +50 Speed. Resist: -50% Thunder. PBlock +10%. Lv2 passives (Aya/Momiji only).
   *Yamabushi Garb: Resist: -100% Earth/Wind. Auto-Regen. PBlock/MBlock +12%. Lv3 passives. (Aya/Momiji only)
   *Engineer Coat: Now enables Chemist (Nitori only).
   *Aqua Jacket: Now enables Mirror Items instead of Chemist (Nitori only).
   *Sherlock Jacket: Resist: -150% Poison damage. Immunity: Poison, Blind, Confuse, Sleep. Enables Chemist and Mirror Items. (Nitori only)
   *Spirit's Vest: Resist: -150% Dark, -8% Magic. Immunity: Blind, Confuse. Start battle by regaining 10% Max MP (Youmu only).
   *Funeral Gown: +80 Attack. Start battle with Instant Death immunity on the party (Youmu only).
   *Shinigami Robe: +10 Speed. Immunity: Sap. Bonuses: Start battle by reducing all enemies HP by 10% (Komachi only)
   *Reaper Cloak: Resist: -12% Magic. 20% MBlock. Status: SOS Shell (Komachi only)
   *Robe of Avici: Resist: -10% Physical/Magic, Absorb Fire. +50 Speed. Enables Ransom. Bonuses: Start battle by reducing all enemies HP by 10% (Komachi only)
   *Sun Dress: Status: Absorb Damage: 50%. Bonus: Party starts battle with Absorb Damage: 20%. Lv2 abilities. (Yuuka only)
   *Beauty of Nature: +250 ATK, +125 DEF, +25 MAG, +30 SPD. Half MP Cost. Bonus: 25% chance to halve all damage received. Lv3 abilities. (Yuuka only)
   *Bronze Bangle: PBlock +4% (Advent Cirno only)
   *Minerva's Armlet: Resist: Null Fire/Holy/Gravity. MBlock +20%. Doubles power of Boost (Advent Cirno only)
   *Ziedrich: +20 ATK, +100 DEF, +20 MAG. Resist: Halves all damage. Doubles power of Boost (Advent Cirno only)
   *Noble's Dress: Resist: Null Absorb. Immunity: -100% Poison, Venom, Sap, MP Sap. Bonus: Restore 75 HP every turn. (Remilia only)
   *Devlish Fate: +180 ATK, +99 DEF, -50 MAG, +25 SPD. Resist: Null Physical/Magical, x2 Elemental. Bonus: While HP is above 50% Max HP, party gains Auto-Regen and Auto-MP Regen. Lv3 abilities (Remilia only)
   *Regal Shirt: Bonus: When KO'd restores 10% Max MP, Protect, Shell, and Auto-Life to all allies except anyone KO'd (Mokou only)
   *Phoenix's Plumes: Party starts with Auto-Life. Bonus: When KO'd, fully revives Mokou, reduces Mokou's MP to 0, and inflicts MP Sap: oo on Mokou. If Mokou doesn't have at least 300 MP, will not work. Lv3 Sacrifice (Mokou only)
   *Gospel Robes: Immunity: -100% Cursed, Doom, Zombie, Disease to the party. Bonus: Increases healing potency by 25% to the party. Lv2 Faith (Sanae only)
   *Cleric's Robes: Omikuji+ Lv2. Bonus: 5% chance every turn to restore 200 HP and a 5% chance to apply a random buff to the party. Lv2 Recover (Sanae only)
   *Diviner's Robes: Bonus: Enemies take 50% more damage from Holy-elemental attacks. Lv2 abilities. Party starts with PBlock/MBlock +30%. 3% chance each to turn to gain Reflect for one turn. (Sanae only)
   *Kagura: Bonus: While a character's HP is below 25% Max HP, 10% chance to completely block attacks. While Suwako is in the party and not KO'd, Sanae gains Haste/Faith/Shell/Protect/MP Regen. Omikuji+ Lv3. Lv3 abilities (Sanae only)
   *Mountain Protector: Bonus: Reduces party's elemental weaknesses by 50%. PBlock +33%. Status: SOS Protect. (Suwako only)
   *Faithful Aura: Party begins the battle with Shell/Bravery/Faith. Lv2 abilities (Suwako only)
   *Mishaguji's Scourge: +200 ATK/DEF/MAG, +50 SPD. Bonus: Enemies take 50% more damage from elemental attacks. Lv3 abilities (Suwako only)
   *Hellfire Mantle: Resist: Halves Ice, Absorb Fire to party. Bonus: Enemies take 50% more damage from Fire-elemental attacks. Lv2 Kamikaze (Utsuho only)
   *Galaxia Neutron: Bonus: Elemental damage ignores resists. Enemies take 50% more Gravity damage. PBlock +15%, MBlock +10%. Lv3 Kamikaze (Utsuho only)
   *Philosopher's Robes: +150 ATK/MAG, -150 DEF. Changes the formula for some skills to replace it with Keine's instead of enemy's. Lv2 passive (Keine only)
   *Master Tactician: +500 ATK/DEF/MAG, +20 SPD. Bonus: Doubles item drop. Increases power of all of Keine's skills by +50%. Lv3 passive (Keine only)
   *Criminal Chains: PBlock +50%, MBlock +33% (Yuugi only)

I look forward to hearing from you guys, if you're still kicking around these parts and still interested in this ancient game! Now that I'm done with most database things, I can...work on...mapping....*cries*. 4 dungeons left, lots of eventing to still do...but hey! Almost done, right!? RIGHT!? T-T

• 2 weeks later...

786ff23bf0ff5ca91460d30f4c280df9.png

I must question how this took me all day to do...in any case, this is the last BIG map I have to do. There's 2 more maps, one of which is going to be a small room that has the save point, and then the final room which contains the entrance to The Void as well as the boss fight with Yukari (whom I still need to properly test, yay). After that? Not much left here except putting in treasures and sprucing up maps (like this one. Though the big problem with this tileset is I don't think it's actually suited for wastelands at all, since it's a FOREST tileset. But I did what I could with it!).

With this dungeon almost done, that leaves: Hakurei Shrine Forest, The Void, and Heart of Pandora. 3 dungeons in total for the main story. So close...yet still so far because I don't know what tileset to use for final dungeon, The Void is going to be a tough one to map since I want it to be fully explorable (i.e. have to get to specific areas via other areas of the Void), and the Forest is...well, it's a forest. That one shouldn't take long at all.

Once all the mapping's done, I just have to set up treasures, events, and fix up monsters, and game is pretty much done right there! Outside of ending of course which is going to be a pain in the ass to do...

In other news, I am updating characters still amongst other things.

CHARACTERS

*Meiling:
   *Extreme Color Typhoon: 55 MP > 80 MP.

*Nitori:
   *All Gear Change and Stock abilities work properly. Still in the process of making them unavailable outside of battle though.
   *Potion Berry now renamed to Large P EX. Large P and Potion Berry now halved in healing.

*Sanae:
   *Sky Serpent:
     *Level 1 - 50 base damage > 250 base damage. 3 MP > 7 MP.
     *Level 2 - 100 base damage > 330 base damage. 5 MP > 10 MP.
     *Level 3 - 200 base damage > 425 base damage. 8 MP > 13 MP.
     *Level 4 - 400 base damage > 580 base damage. 12 MP > 16 MP.
     *Level 5 - 700 base damage > 800 base damage. 17 MP > 19 MP.

ITEMS

*Lapis: 500 yen > 400 yen.
*Potion Berry: 1000 HP recovery > 500 HP recovery.
*Sanae's and Suwako's skill scrolls have been updated in the Tengu Village shop, providing more scrolls than before.

Any other suggestions or feedback or whatever is still greatly appreciated! Getting closer to finishing the game once and for all (bar sidequests if I ever do them)! \ o /

Current update to the game. Nothing new in terms of story, mind you, that's waiting on me to actually finish up mapping. However, all of the previous updates from last update till now apply to this. In addition, the following is now new!

CHARACTERS

*Reimu:
   *Hakurei Amulet:
      *Level 1: Untouched.
      *Level 2: Untouched.
      *Level 3: Untouched.
      *Level 4: 580 base power > 620 base power
      *Level 5: 840 > 940 base power
      *Level 6: 1000 > 1280 base power
   *Rain Dance:
      *Level 1: Untouched.
      *Level 2: Untouched.
      *Level 3: Untouched.
      *Level 4: 320 base power > 280 base power
      *Level 5: 640 base power > 400 base power
      *Level 6: 1280 base power > 600 base power

*Cirno:
   *Mysterious Fairy: 1200 base power > 600 base power.
   *Healing Fairy: 2800 base power > 1400 base power.

*Meiling:
   *Rainbow Wind Chime:
      *Level 1: 7 MP > 10 MP.
      *Level 2: 11 MP > 16 MP.
      *Level 3: 450 base power > 400 base power. 15 MP > 21 MP.
      *Level 4: 600 base power >500 base power. 19 MP > 26 MP.
      *Level 5: 750 base power > 600 base power. 23 MP > 31 MP.
      *Level 6: 900 base power > 720 base power. 27 MP > 37 MP.
      *Level 7: 1150 base power > 840 base power. 31 MP > 42 MP.
      *Level 8: 1300 base power > 960 base power. 35 MP > 47 MP.
      *Level 9: 1450 base power > 1080 base power. 39 MP > 54 MP.
      *Level 10: 1600 base power > 1200 base power. 43 MP > 60 MP.
   *Extreme Color Typhoon: 2500 base power > 1500 base power.

*Momiji:
   *Magicide: No longer Physical attribute.

*Nitori:
   *All Armor Bless buffs now last 15 turns instead of 30. All Armor Bless spells now cost 25% Max MP to use instead of 14 MP (18 for Holy/Dark/Gravity).

*Youmu:
   *Floral Nirvana: 22 MP.
   *Rise From Delusion: 1000 base damage, 48 MP.
   *Dance of Angels: 22 MP.
   *Double Pain: 20 MP.
   *Insightful Sword: No longer grants Counter: 20 nor 20% chance of Counter activating. Now sets PBlock to 50% for Youmu for 25 turns. 32 MP.
   *Reflection Slash: No longer doubles Counter activation %. Now sets MBlock to 50% for Youmu for 25 turns. 32 MP.

*Sanae:
   *Divine Lottery:
      *Level 1: Untouched
      *Level 2: 500 base power > 450 base power
      *Level 3: 1000 base power > 725 base power
      *Level 4: 1500 base power > 1050 base power
      *Level 5: 2000 base power > 1400 base power

ITEMS/EQUIPMENT

*Oni Wine now costs 2500 yen instead of 2000.
*Mortal Soul can only be bought after clearing Hakugyokurou instead of during its events.

*Healing Gohei: +50% power to Reimu's Hakurei Amulet and Rain Dance.
*Grimmerie: +25% Magic damage to enemies, -25% Physical damage to enemies.
*Feu: +50% Fire damage to enemies, -50% Ice damage to enemies.
*Black Pullet: +50% Dark damage to enemies, -50% Holy damage to enemies.
*Eau: +50% Ice damage to enemies, -50% Fire damage to enemies.
*Glace: +50% Water damage to enemies, -50% Thunder damage to enemies.
*Foudre: +50% Thunder damage to enemies, -50% Water damage to enemies.

*Tengu Feather: +20 Speed > +10 Speed.
*Rabite's Foot: +50 Speed > +20 Speed.
*Fury Ring: +15 Speed > +5 Speed.

SYSTEM

*Save Point added to base in Tengu Village.
*Gap while Reisen is in the party at Youkai Mountain to Tengu Village removed.
*Many skill shops were updated in Tengu Village.

Of note, Nitori's Stock needs testing in this version, since I don't know if the way I coded them will give her the proper Stock during battle or not with and without specific abilities/equipment. Any bugs related to Nitori's Stock command, please let me know! Same with Youmu's Stance abilities (which I still need to update her Manussya Stance abilities, I don't know what they should do...)

In addition, End of Gensokyo's maps are 100% done, and I'm working on the Hakurei Shrine Forest dungeon (2/5 maps done. 2 of the maps are going to be super easy, so it should be done within the next couple days). After that is The Void (which is gonna be hell to do), and Heart of Pandora (which I still don't know what to do with the tileset), and that's it for the mapping! All that'll be left are the eventing and testing of bosses and enemies, and the game should be done!

f8535ad54720af4ae20554dc1ef509b3.png

• 2 weeks later...

And a sneak preview of what's in The Void!

Shrine Zone:
d21e75ef36f3833296a8def0606f1159.png
bb0a0ab6bae796455605e31fda5267b9.png

Forest Zone:
ae57f49c55f15ed4c89ccc23bac3da32.png
21cdd81ea967b299b7c3cc7dffb1d9f7.png

Castle Zone:
73d00c629b6c28f1c132157bbdbff5ee.png

Note that these aren't all of the zones. Shrine and Forest are 100% done, Castle has 3 more maps to do, and the Ruins/Village/Lake/Final Floors are not even begun yet. Trying my darndest to get through the rest of these maps so that the game can be put to rest once and for all...would be great, wouldn't it? Then the updates on this thread can finally end after so long...

With that, have the current update on what's being changed!

CHARACTERS

*Momiji:
   *Barrier/Shield Wall: Now gives half of Momiji's default PBlock/MBlock instead of all of it.

*Nitori:
   *Armor Bless: Duration of all statuses now set to 10 turns instead of 15.

*Youmu:
   *Disappearing Elegance: Inflicts 777 base physical damage and Disable: 10 to all enemies. 57 MP.
   *Dharma of Gumonji: Replaces Wicked Soul from Devaloka Stance. Doubles Counter activation rate at the cost of 25 MP.
   *Phosphoric Slash: Inflicts 800 base Ghost-attribute physical damage and Provoke to one enemy. 48 MP.
   *Insightful Sword: Reverted to original version (grants Counter to Youmu). No longer paralyzes Youmu during the duration of the Counter, and Counter's duration is now set to 60 turns instead of 20.
   *Reflection Slash: Grants 10% chance per turn to give Youmu Reflect status for 30 turns. Now costs 48 MP instead of 32 MP.

*Komachi:
  *Spirits of the Firm, Earthbound Souls, Spirit Amulet, Bondage Soul, Lazy Wandering Spirit, and Hatred Sign now deals 165 damage at level 1, up to 705 damage at max level. Requiem Fog, The Endless Way, and Confines of Avici now deals 250 damage at level 1, up to 1375 damage at max level. All skills are reduced from 100% to 90%.
  *Welcomingt Trial: Now gains +200 damage per level up, up to 2300 power at max level.
  *Spirits of the Firm: Now deals Poison-elemental damage.
  *Earthbound Souls/Spirit Amulet/Bondage Soul/Lazy Wandering Spirit/Hatred Sign: Now deals Dark-elemental damage.
  *Requiem Fog: Now deals Water-elemental damage.

*Yuuka:
   *Envenom: Now deals Poison-elemental magic damage on all levels.
      *Level 1: 400 base power. 6 MP > 14 MP.
      *Level 2: 800 base power. 12 MP > 32 MP.
      *Level 3: 1200 base power. 18 MP > 54 MP.
      *Level 4: 1600 base power. 24 MP > 70 MP.

ITEMS/EQUIPMENT

*Hero's Shield: Now 25% PBlock/MBlock instead of 50%.
*Komachi's Trial Scrolls costs changed, now increasing +5000 yen for each level, up to 45,000 yen at max level.

MAPS

*Ancient City has been completely revamped, thanks to LockeZ! May need testing to make sure events and the like work properly.
*Human Village is in the process of being revamped. Just need to fix up some tile issues on the destroyed version, then port over all of the events and make sure they work properly. This means that a lot of old stuff from the previous Human Village will be dumped (still in the game, but inaccessible) such as the South Human Village being merged with the North Human Village.

Edited by Xenomic

Quick update for anyone who hasn't gotten to Hakugyokurou yet on their first time, due to bad coding on my end...without this, can't even progress the game as the boss won't show up due to an earlier event turning the switch on for beating that boss...

And just for the hell of it, here's what's new in this version too.

CHARACTERS

Cirno:

*No longer loses all summons after Kourindou (2nd). Now loses them after Kraken fight at Misty Lake, but still loses Daiyousei normally.

Komachi:

*Money Talks: Formula changed from 1% of yen player owns to (Total yen + 80000) / 200 for damage formula.

Remilia:

*Demon Lord Walk: All levels now set to 80% accuracy, instead of starting at 80% and increasing +1% per level up.
*Demon Lord Arrow/Ceiling Fear: All levels now set to 80% accuracy instead of starting at 80% and increasing up to 85% max. Now deals x4 damage vs. Flying.
*Demon Lord Cradle: All levels now set to 80% accuracy, instead of starting at 95% and decreasing -1% per level up. Now deals x4 damage vs. Gods.
*Vampire Claw: All levels now set to 75% accuracy instead of starting at 80% and decreasing 2% per level up. Now deals x4 damage vs. Humans.

BOSSES

*Utsuho's resistances fixed. HP increased from 9999 to 18,000.
   *1/2 physical to normal.
   *1/2 magic to normal.
   *1/2 elemental to normal (1/2 for Wind only)
*Lich fight with Utsuho now disables Kamikaze (counts as a wasted turn)

EQUIPMENT

*Oni's Gourd: No longer grants  +20 Attack. Now grants Auto-Bravery. 500 yen > 1000 yen.
*Oni's Horn: No longer grants +50 Attack. Now grants Auto-Bravery and makes regular Attacks deal x2 damage..
*Oni's Rage: No longer grants +100 Attack, +100 Defense, -100 Magic, and -20 Speed. Now grants Auto-Bravery and makes regular Attacks deal x3 damage.
*Magic Potion: No longer grants +20 Magic. Now grants Auto-Faith. 500 yen > 1000 yen.
*Grimoire: No longer grants +50 Magic. Now grants Auto-Faith and increases the power of all secondary commands (Reimu's Pray, Patchouli's Recharge, Sanae's Miracle, Byakuren's Chant, Meiling's Chakra, Remilia's Souleater/Amok, Komachi's Yen Toss/Money Talks, Mokou's Sacrifice, Nue's Morph, Yuuka's Threaten, Hope's Revive) by 25% for the equipped character.
*Grimoire of Alice: No longer grants +100 Magic -100 Attack, -100 Defense, +20 Speed. Now grants Auto-Faith and increases the power of all secondary commands (Reimu's Pray, Patchouli's Recharge, Sanae's Miracle, Byakuren's Chant, Meiling's Chakra, Remilia's Souleater/Amok, Komachi's Yen Toss/Money Talks, Mokou's Sacrifice, Nue's Morph, Yuuka's Threaten, Hope's Revive) by 50% for the equipped character.
*Defense Seal: No longer grants +20 Defense. Now grants Ice/Thunder/Dark Resist -25%. 500 yen > 1500 yen.
*Defense Pendalum: No longer grants +50 Defense. Now grants Ice/Thunder/Earth/Dark Resist -25%.

MAP

*The entrance to the final part of Remains of Hell during beta4 has been moved by the save point area before the Forgotten Bridge.

• 2 months later...

Nope! I'm not dead folks! Just been silently working on this after LPing Final Fantasy IV: The Complete Collection for a month is all!

CHARACTERS

*Nitori:
   *Speed Drink: No longer can be used on the entire party or all enemies in Mirror Items mode.

*Yuuka:
   *Flower Shooting:
     *Level 1: 1000 base power > 850 base power
     *Level 2: 1150 base power > 950 base power
     *Level 3: 1300 base power > 1050 base power
     *Level 4: 1450 base power > 1150 base power
     *Level 5: 1600 base power > 1300 base power
     *Level 6: 1750 base power > 1450 base power
     *Level 7: 1900 base power > 1600 base power
     *Level 8: 2150 base power > 1750 base power
     *Level 9: 2300 base power > 1900 base power
     *Level 10: 2450 base power > 2050 base power
   *Dual Spark: Now has 60% accuracy on all levels.
   *Trinity Spark: Now has 50% accuracy.
   *Envenom is now obtained after defeating Kurumi.
   *Intimidate is now obtained after defeating Meira.

*Mokou:
   *Sacrifice: No longer kills Mokou on any level. Mokou is no longer healed by the ability. All levels will now remove Mokou. Level 2 now restores all HP and restores MP to the party equal to 1/3rd of Mokou's current MP.

*Remilia:
   *Vampire Claw now actually does damage to non-Humans, thanks to fixed coding.   

*Utsuho:
   *Hell Geyser:
     *Level 1: 300 base power > 700 base power.
     *Level 2: 500 base power > 840 base power.
     *Level 3: 700 base power > 980 base power.
     *Level 4: 1000 base power > 1260 base power.
     *Level 5: 1500 base power > 1680 base power.
     *Level 6: 2100 base power > 2240 base power.
   *Abyss Nova: Now requires 50% Max MP instead of 100% Max MP.

*Koishi:
   *Mighty Guard: No longer grants Haste/Protect/Regen/MP Regen/Blink: 50. Now grants Protect/Shell: 50.

ENEMIES/BOSSES

*Chen now drops Crescent Scroll Lv3 instead of a 1-Up. Chen now has Frog Scroll Lv2 to steal instead of Apple Gel.
*Ran now drops Serpent Scroll Lv4 instead of a Boundary Barrier. Ran now has Illusion Laser Lv4 (20%) to steal instead of Spell Charm (5%).
*Mokou now drops Gale Scroll Lv4 instead of a Phoenix Feather.
*Donation Box now drops Binding Scroll Lv5 at a 10% chance. Donation Box now has a 90% chance to steal yen and a 10% chance to steal Aura Scroll Lv2.
*Parsee (final) in Remains of Hell now has Flametongue Scroll Lv3 (40%) to steal instead of Healing Potion (50%).
*Kisume (final) now has Icebrand Scroll Lv3 (40%) to steal instead of Rain Plant (50%).
*Tenshi (final) in Remains of Hell now has Thunder Scroll Lv3 (40%) to steal instead of Angel's Prayer (50%).
*Culex now has 20,480 HP instead of 4096 HP.
*Hades' Steal increased from 2% to 15%. Steal now changed to Running Shoes instead of Hermes Sandals.
*Gravity, Gravira, Graviga, and Gravija renamed to Demi, Demira, Demiga, and Demija.
*Iron Golem now has 100% Magic resist instead of 200% Magic weakness.
*Kurumi went from 8000 HP to 16,000 HP. Kurumi now gives 5500 EXP.
*Meira went from 9000 HP to 12,000 HP. Meira now gives 8000 EXP.
*Elly went from 10,000 HP to 13,000 HP. Elly now gives 9000 HP.
*Kana now gives 17,000 EXP.
*Gaia Toad replaced by Exploder. Phantom replaced by Haunted Armor.
*Alice boss fight in Pandaemonium has been updated. Alice's elemental resists are set to normal (bar Poison), Defense Doll's resists are all set to normal. Alice now only uses Little Legion 40 turns after all three Defense Dolls are dead.
*Blue Oni now takes 50% damage from Poison instead of being immune.
*Alice during Iku's scenario no longer will use Summon Defense Doll once every 60 turns unless the Defense Doll is dead. All Dolls now take 50% damage from Poison. Resists have been fixed on all dolls to make them more bearable to fight.
*Order's Law Change now states what the laws do when they're used. If the message doesn't appear, the Law is the same as when used previously.

EQUIPMENT

*All of Marisa's weapons no longer give speed bonuses. Nimbus 3000 now gives +20 speed instead of +30 speed.
*Precieuse: Now has First Strike.
*Oni's Gourd: Changed to ATK +50.
*Oni's Horn: Changed to ATK +100. 4000 yen > 5000 yen.
*Oni's Rage: Changed to ATK +200.
*Defense Seal: 1500 yen > 2000 yen.
*Defense Pendalum: 4000 yen > 5000 yen.
*Running Shoes: New accessory. Grants +40 Speed, and replaces all instances of where Hermes Sandals used to be.
*Rapid Claw set to 60% accuracy instead of 80%. Rapid Claw now only attacks 4 times instead of 6.
*Claws: Critical bonus reduced from 17% to 5%.
*Griffin Claw: Critical bonus reduced from 13% to 3%.
*Typhoon Claw: Critical bonus reduced from 14% to 5%.
*Silence Claw: Critical bonus reduced from 12% to 3%.

MAP

*Opening Scroll Lv4, Fireball Scroll Lv1, and Condensed Scroll Lv1 added in Remains of Hell.
*Sun Scroll Lv2 can now be found in area after Palace of Earth Spirits.
*Opening Scroll Lv4 and Sky Scroll Lv3 can now be found in Poltergeist Mansion.
*Cold Scroll Lv3 now found in Road of Reconsideration.
*Blizzard Scroll Lv4 now found in Misty Lake after defeating Adrammalech.
*If Marisa has Orrery's Universe Lv1 learned or the player has Universe Scroll Lv1 in their inventory, then the chest in SDM (after defeating Kraken) will have Sun Stone x4. Otherwise, it will have Universe Scroll Lv1.
*Private Scroll Lv1, Chime Scroll Lv2, Spring Scroll Lv5, Blade Scroll Lv1, and Star Sword Scroll Lv5 can be found in SDM basement (after defeating Culex).
*Rabite's Foot can now be bought at Tengu Village.
*Running Shoes can now be bought at Pandaemonium.
*The pots that gave EXP in Yuuka's scenario have been removed.
*Icicle Caverns and the inside of Tengu Village shops have been remapped.
*Cave to Pandaemonium reduced from 93 maps to 3 maps.
*Cave to Makai has a map completely removed between the main central hub area with the red bats and the save point area, as well as a teleporter by the save point of the Lunatic Path. This may be moved to the switches themselves however.

SYSTEM

*Bug with being able to use HRCS during Youkai Mountain with Sanae's group during beta4 fixed.
*Bug with Shizuha and Letty being unable to use skills due to no weapon equipped fixed.
*Music bugs fixed up to Youkai Mountain so far that I've found.
*VIVIT during Youkai Mountain with Sanae now sells scrolls for Sanae.
*Music for boss fights for Hina, Kurumi, Elly, Shingyoku, Sara, Mugetsu, Yumeko, and the first fight with Meimu have all been removed.

The game is nearly done with beta5, just have to finish up the dialogue there, then do testing in the areas left, and that's it for beta5! After that is the final 4 dungeons of the game (1 mini-dungeon, final 3 dungeons). All of those should be very easy to do bar the big dialogues in The Void, but the game is nearly done! Just have to do rebalancing and bug fixes and the like afterwards, and I'll finally be able to put this game down! \ o /

168 for main game + 276 MB for vanilla music = 444 MB overall. +68 MB on top of that = 512 MB total. That's how big my game currently is. Yes, I cut out a LOT of music. I currently have 105 tracks in the game, cut down from a whopping 180-200 tracks. Is this more acceptable than the 1 GB monstrosity the game used to be? lol

Outside of that...still working on cutscenes for the game and the like, nothing too major. I just really, REALLY wanted to get the music cut down finally, and took the time to sit down and see what really needed to go. ^^;

• 2 weeks later...

New update here: http://www.mediafire.com/file/66m3l4360klrb4t/Touhou_Fantasy.rar

Quite a bit got changed around, and for the better I think. Mostly dealing with characters and the like, but a LOT of music cut out, as you guys already know. Now you too can see what music got axed out! With this, that leaves Suwako's Seven Stones and secondary command, Utsuho's Fixed Star and Ten Evil Stars, Nitori's Water Carpet, and Byakuren's Cloudy Way in Purple and Star Sword Apologetics left to update (and maybe add a couple new things to Momiji such as Demi Blade, Decoy, Shield Aura, and Avalon). Remilia is not going to get the Millennium Vampire skill, I was thinking about it and she probably doesn't need it with the updates she got. Komachi I'm not sure if she needs anything new, and both Hope/Koishi are going to take a lot to update.

CHARACTERS

*Reimu:
   *Fantasy Orb/Seal/Heaven: Now deals x2 damage vs. Youkai.
   *Youkai Buster: No longer Holy-elemental.
   *Spread Amulet: No longer attempts to reduce all enemies' Holy-elemental resistances. Deals damage only to Undead enemies, does no damage to any other enemies..
     *Level 1: 200 base power. 2 MP > 8 MP.
     *Level 2: 300 base power. 4 MP > 14 MP.
     *Level 3: 400 base power. 6 MP > 20 MP.
     *Level 4: 500 base power. 8 MP > 26 MP.
     *Level 5: 600 base power. 10 MP > 32 MP.
     *Level 6: 700 base power. 12 MP > 38 MP.
     *Level 7: 800 base power. 14 MP > 44 MP.
     *Level 8: 900 base power. 16 MP > 50 MP.
     *Level 9: 1000 base power. 18 MP > 56 MP.
     *Level 10: 1200 base power. 20 MP > 62 MP.

Marisa:
   *Grand Stardust No longer attempts to reduce one enemy's Magic resistance. Now grants buffs to one ally.
     *Level 1: Faith: 5, Shell: 10, MBlock +10%: 50. 2 MP > 10 MP.
     *Level 2: Faith: 10, Shell: 10, MBlock +10%: 50. 6 MP > 14 MP.
     *Level 3: Faith: 15, Shell: 10, MBlock +10%: 50. 10 MP > 18 MP.
     *Level 4: Faith: 20, Shell: 10, MBlock +10%: 50. 14 MP > 22 MP.
     *Level 5: Faith: 25, Shell: 10, MBlock +10%: 50. 18 MP > 26 MP.
     *Level 6: Faith: 30, Shell: 10, MBlock +10%: 50. 22 MP > 30 MP.
     *Level 7: Faith: 35, Shell: 10, MBlock +10%: 50. 26 MP > 34 MP.
     *Level 8: Faith: 40, Shell: 10, MBlock +10%: 50. 30 MP > 38 MP.
     *Level 9: Faith: 45, Shell: 10, MBlock +10%: 50. 34 MP > 42 MP.
     *Level 10: Faith: 50, Shell: 10, MBlock +10%: 50. 38 MP > 46 MP.

*Cirno:
   *Icicle Fall/Hailstorm, Cold Divinity, Night Sparrow/Blind Nightbird, and Fluster Escape/Ancient Duper are now physical. Diamond Blizzard, Dark Side of the Moon/Eternal Darkness, Swarm of Bright Bugs/Butterfly Storm, Little Devil/Dual Core, Diamond Dust, and Dragon Envoy are now magic.
   *EYE'M THE STRONGEST!!:
     *Level 1: Regain 1 MP every turn for 20 turns. 5 MP.
     *Level 2: Enables Icicle Machine Gun for 50 turns. 15 MP.
     *Level 3: Enables Freeze Atmospherefor 50 turns. 24 MP.
     *Level 4: Regain 5 MP every turn for 20 turns. 45 MP.
     *Level 5: Enables Freeze Blood for 50 turns. 58 MP.
     *Level 6: Enables  Insta-Freeze Beam for 50 turns. 72 MP.
     *Level 7: Regain 10 MP every turn for 20 turns. 80 MP.
     *Level 8: Enables Death Freeze for 50 turns. 88 MP.
     *Level 9: Enables -500 Degrees for 50 turns. 99 MP.
   *Phoenix Spread Wings: No longer grants Regen/Blink: 50 turns. Now grants Shell: 25 turns.
   *New skills due to EYE'M THE STRONGEST!:
     *Icicle Machine Gun: Requires EYE'M THE STRONGEST! Lv2 or greater. 200 base power, Ice-elemental physical damage to one, Freeze: 5, Deprotect: 25, 14 MP.
     *Freeze Atmosphere: Requires EYE'M THE STRONGEST! Lv3 or greater. Grants NulHeat/Freeze: 30 and NulFire/Ice: 10 to the party. 16 MP.
     *Freeze Blood: Requires EYE'M THE STRONGEST! Lv5 or greater. Inflicts Instant Death and Lock: 10 to one enemy. 28 MP.
     *Insta-Freeze Beam: Requires EYE'M THE STRONGEST! Lv6 or greater.  800 base power, Ice-elemental magic damage to one enemy, inflicts Freeze: 5, Slow: 15, and Sap: 15. Ignores Defense. 37 MP.
     *Death Freeze: Requires EYE'M THE STRONGEST! Lv8 or greater. Inflicts Instant Death and Lock: 10 to all enemies. 74 MP.
     *-500 Degrees: Requires EYE'M THE STRONGEST! Lv9. 1400 base power, Ice-elemental magic damage to all enemies, inflicts Slow: 25, Stop: 10, and Sap: 25. Ignores Defense. 68 MP.

*Meiling:
   *Glorious Morning Star: No longer reduces physical resistances at 80% chance. Now deals non-elemental magic damage, as well as Debrave/Deprotect/Defaith: 15 turns at level 1, up to 30 turns at max level. Deals x2 damage to Fairies
     *Level 1: 200 base power. 10 MP > 14 MP.
     *Level 2: 350 base power. 20 MP > 22 MP.
     *Level 3: 500 base power. 30 MP > 30 MP.
     *Level 4: 800 base power. 60 MP > 39 MP.

*Reisen:
   *Lunatic Red Eyes: No longer reduces all enemies' ATK/DEF/MAG by 50 at a 70% chance for 110 MP. Now inflicts all Lv4 debuffs (20 turns) to all enemies at 150 MP.

*Youmu:
   *Soul Cutting Sword: Now starts at 40% chance, to a maximum of 85% chance. MP costs adjusted, starting at 8 MP and increasing +4 MP per level up, to a maximum of 44 MP at level 10.
   *Wicked Soul: No longer reduces one enemy's Ghost resistance. Now targets just Youmu.
     *Level 1: Blink: 10, Haste: 5. 12 MP.
     *Level 2: Blink: 15, Haste: 10. 22 MP.
     *Level 3: Blink: 20, Haste: 15. 36 MP.
     *Level 4: Blink: 25, Haste: 20. 52 MP.
   *Weird Half-Body: No longer reduces all enemies Ghost resistance. Will only harm the specified types, does no damage to any other enemies.
     *Level 1: 400 base damage, Undead. 20 MP.
     *Level 2: 600 base damage, Undead/Fairy. 36 MP.
     *Level 3: 800 base damage, Undead/Fairy/Dragon. 52 MP.
     *Level 4: 1000 base damage, Undead/Fairy/Dragon/Human. 68 MP.
   *Dharma of Jumonji and Double Pain swapped slots in the Stances.

*Komachi:
   *Breath of Dying: Now starts at 55% chance, to a maximum of 100% chance. MP costs adjusted, starting at 8 MP and increasing +8 MP per level up, to a maximum of 80 MP at level 10.
   *Soulsplitting Scythe: Now starts at 35% chance, to a maximum of 80% chance.

*Yuuka:
   *Crackdown: No longer has a 10% chance to deal 9999 damage. Now deals non-elemental physical damage equal to Yuuka's ATK/2 + Yuuka's MAG/4, and deals x2 damage vs. all races. In addition, inflicts Resist: 30 to the target. 35 MP > 50 MP.

*Remilia:
   *Demon Lord Walk: No longer Dark-elemental.
   *Demon Lord Arrow/Ceiling Fear: No longer Dark-elemental.

*Hope:
   *Fairy Circle: No longer heals 30% Max HP to the party. Now heals HP to the party equal to half of Hope's current HP.

*Sanae:
   *Omikuji Bomb: Renamed Great Misfortune/Misfortune/Fortune/Great Fortune. Grants Regen: 20 on all levels, with a 10% base chance to fully heal target.
     *Level 1: 100 base power > 250 base power.
     *Level 2: 200 base power > 500 base power.
     *Level 3: 400 base power > 750 base power.
     *Level 4: 600 base power > 1000 base power. 16 MP > 18 MP.
     *Level 5: 800 base power > 1250 base power. 22 MP > 26 MP.
     *Level 6: 1200 base power > 1500 base power. No longer cures debuffs. 30 MP > 36 MP.
     *Level 7: 1600 base power > 1750 base power. No longer cures debuffs. 38 MP > 48 MP.
     *Level 8: No longer cures debuffs. 46 MP > 62 MP.
   *Divine Lottery:
     *Level 1: Restores 20% Max HP + 50 HP to the party. 12 MP > 65 MP.
     *Level 2: Restores 25% Max HP + 100 HP to the party. 20 MP > 80 MP.
     *Level 3: Restores 30% Max HP + 200 HP to the party. 36 MP > 95 MP.
     *Level 4: Restores 35% Max HP + 250 HP to the party. 50 MP > 110 MP.
     *Level 5: Restores 40% Max HP + 350 HP to the party. 64 MP > 125 MP.
   *Cobalt Spread: No longer grants Absorb Resist Up.
     *Level 1: -20% Fire/Earth/Wind/Water damage for 50 turns. 12 MP > 8 MP.
     *Level 2: -25% Fire/Earth/Wind/Water damage for 50 turns. 16 MP > 14 MP.
     *Level 3: -30% Fire/Earth/Wind/Water damage for 50 turns. 20 MP > 20 MP.
     *Level 4: -35% Fire/Earth/Wind/Water damage for 50 turns. 24 MP > 28 MP.
   *Omikuji+ passive now implemented, adds +10% to full heal rate of Omikuji Bomb. At a later date, may affect Max HP recovery of Divine Lottery.

*Nazrin:
   *Gold Rush: Now inflicts Protect/Shell: 50 and NulStatus: 30 to one ally.

EQUIPMENT

*Spread Scroll:
   *Level 1: 50 yen > 400 yen
   *Level 2: 150 yen > 1450 yen
   *Level 3: 450 yen > 3800 yen
   *Level 4: 1000 yen > 5000 yen
   *Level 5: 0 yen > 8150 yen
   *Level 6: 0 yen > 9900 yen
   *Level 7: 0 yen > 11500 yen
   *Level 8: 0 yen > 14250 yen
   *Level 9: 0 yen > 18700 yen
   *Level 10: 0 yen > 22600 yen

*Atai Scroll:
   *Level 2: 200 yen > 1000 yen
   *Level 3: 400 yen > 2000 yen
   *Level 4: 800 yen > 4000 yen
   *Level 5: 1600 yen > 6000 yen
   *Level 6: 3200 yen > 8000 yen
   *Level 7: 6400 yen > 12000 yen
   *Level 8: 12800 yen > 24000 yen
   *Level 9: 25600 yen > 48000 yen

*Morning Scroll:
   *Level 1: 3000 yen > 2500 yen
   *Level 2: 6000 yen > 5000 yen
   *Level 3: 12000 yen > 7500 yen
   *Level 4: 24000 yen > 15000 yen

SYSTEM

*The following themes have been removed: Rika's Boss Theme, Sariel's final two themes, Maribel/Renko's Boss Theme, Shou's Boss Theme, Medicine's Boss Theme, Rin's Boss Theme, Flandre's Boss Theme, Yuugi's Boss Theme, Rumia's Boss Theme, Mystia's Boss Theme, Louise's Boss Theme, Yuki/Mai's Boss Themes, Eirin's Boss Theme, Mamizou's Boss Theme, Futo's Boss Theme, Seiga's Boss Theme, Kyouko's Boss Theme, Yoshika's Boss Theme, The Three Fairies Boss Themes, Shikieiki's Boss Theme, Rikako's Boss Theme, Gengetsu's Boss Theme, Yamame's Boss Theme, EX Tenshi's Boss Theme, Parsee's Boss Theme, Ran's Boss Theme, Prismriver Sister's Boss Theme, Kana's Boss Theme, PC-98 Yuuka's Boss Theme, Young Alice's Boss Theme, Elis's/Kikuri's Boss Theme, Satori's Boss Theme, PC-98 Marisa's Boss Theme, Kanako's Boss Theme, Yuyuko's Boss Theme, Saigyou Yuyuko's Boss Theme, Byakuren's Boss Theme, Suika's Boss Theme, Miko's Boss Theme, Kasen's Boss Theme. Human Village's theme, Inferno's theme, Myouren Temple Graveyard theme, Mushroom Groove's Theme, Limestone Cavern's Theme, Reimu's Psyche Theme, Palanquin Ship's Theme, Ruins of Vina's Theme, Remains of Hell (2nd part) Theme, Dimensional Tear Theme, Pandaemonium-R Theme, Pathway to the Moon's Theme, Gapland's Theme, Youkai Mountain (Moriya Shrine half)'s Theme, Remains of Hell (Extended Music) Theme, Bamboo Forest's Theme, Forest of Magic's Theme, Winter Forest's Theme, Kappa Cave's Theme, Lunarian Palace's Theme, Cave to Pandaemonium's Theme, Alice's House Theme, Maribel's Theme, Final Sariel's Theme, Final Kaguya's Theme, Final Konngara's Theme, Yorihime's Battle Theme, Iku's Battle Theme, Final Tenshi's Theme, Wonderland's Theme, Great Mausoleum's Theme, Bhava-Agra's Theme, Sea of Cloud's Theme.

Edited by Xenomic

• 1 month later...

New update: http://www.mediafire.com/file/66m3l4360klrb4t/Touhou_Fantasy.rar

This does enable you to go to almost the end of the game. However, it is not 100% tested and whatnot. In any event, here's the updates:

CHARACTERS

*Momiji:
   *Clairvoyance: No longer doubles Momiji's PBlock/MBlock values. Now increases PBlock/MBlock by +30%. 80 MP > 45 MP.

*Nitori:
   *Water Carpet: No longer increases Water-elemental resistance.
     *Level 1: Restores 5 MP. Grants Replenish MP and Absorb Damage: 10%.
     *Level 2: Restores 10 MP. Grants Replenish MP and Absorb Damage: 10%.
     *Level 3: Restores 15 MP. Grants Replenish MP and Absorb Damage: 10%.
     *Level 4: Restores 20 MP. Grants Replenish MP and Absorb Damage: 10%.
     *Level 5: Restores 25 MP. Grants Replenish MP and Absorb Damage: 10%.
     *Level 6: Restores 30 MP. Grants Replenish MP and Absorb Damage: 10%.
     *Level 7: Restores 35 MP. Grants Replenish MP and Absorb Damage: 10%.
     *Level 8: Restores 40 MP. Grants Replenish MP and Absorb Damage: 10%.

*Youmu:
   *Focus: Now has a level 2 (increases Focus counter by +2) and level 3 (increases Focus counter by +3) when equipped with specific equipment (Raven Armor and Spirit's Vest for level 2. Funeral Gown and Wigar for level 3).

*Byakuren:
   *Cloudy Way in Purple: No longer increases the party's Ice-elemental resistance.
     *Level 1: Blink: 10, Auto-Esuna: 10 to one.
     *Level 2: Blink: 15, Auto-Esuna: 20 to one.
     *Level 3: Blink: 20, Auto-Esuna: 30 to one.
     *Level 4: Blink: 25, Auto-Esuna: 40 to one.
     *Level 5: Blink: 30, Auto-Esuna: 50 to one.
     *Level 6: Blink: 35, Auto-Esuna: 60 to one.
   *Star Sword Apologetics: No longer reduces all resistances on all enemies. Now grants Doublecast: 10 to the party. 50% Max MP > 80 MP.

*Hope:
   *Fate's skillset (Hellfire, Aurroa Freeze, Skygate, Meteor Blast, Aerial Slash) now deal 800 base damage instead of 500 base damage.

*Suwako:
   *Seven Stones:
     *Level 1: Increases the party's healing potency by 10% for 30 turns. 10 MP.
     *Level 2: Increases the party's healing potency by 15% for 30 turns. 22 MP.
     *Level 3: Increases the party's healing potency by 20% for 30 turns. 34 MP.
     *Level 4: Increases the party's healing potency by 25% for 30 turns. 46 MP.
     *Level 5: Increases the party's healing potency by 30% for 30 turns. 58 MP.

*Utsuho:   
   *Fixed Star: No longer reduces one enemy's Fire resistance.
     *Level 1: Inflicts a fixed 1111 Fire-elemental physical damage and Sap: 25 to one target. x2 damage vs. Plants. 48 MP.
     *Level 2: Inflicts a fixed 2222 Fire-elemental physical damage and Sap: 25  to one target. x2 damage vs. Plants. 82 MP.
     *Level 3: Inflicts a fixed 3333 Fire-elemental physical damage and Sap: 25  to one target. x2 damage vs. Plants. 125 MP.
     *Level 4: Inflicts a fixed 4444 Fire-elemental physical damage and Sap: 25  to one target. x2 damage vs. Plants. 164 MP.
   *Ten Evil Stars: No longer reduces all enemies Fire resistance.
     *Level 1: Inflicts 400 Fire-elemental physical damage, Lock: 20, and Sap: 25 to all enemies. x2 damage vs. Plants. 12 MP > 33 MP.
     *Level 2: Inflicts 800 Fire-elemental physical damage, Lock: 20, and Sap: 25 to all enemies. x2 damage vs. Plants. 24 MP > 50 MP.
     *Level 3: Inflicts 1200 Fire-elemental physical damage, Lock: 20, and Sap: 25 to all enemies. x2 damage vs. Plants. 36 MP > 64 MP.
     *Level 4: Inflicts 1600 Fire-elemental physical damage, Lock: 20, and Sap: 25 to all enemies. x2 damage vs. Plants. 48 MP > 80 MP.

*Minoriko:
   *Autumn Sky: No longer increases Physical/Magic resist to the party. Now grants NulPhysical: 10 and NulMagic: 10 to one ally. 100 MP > 58 MP.

*Hina:
   *Misfortune's Wheel: No longer lowers one enemy's ATK/DEF/MAG by 20. Now inflicts Disable: 20, Silence: 25, Lock: 25, and Fear: 25 to one enemy. 20 MP > 32 MP.
   *Cursed Field: No longer reduces all enemies' elemental resists. Now grants Return Damage: 25% and Absorb Damage: 25% to the party. 38 MP> 57 MP.

*Iku:
   *Dragon Fish's Wrath: No longer increases non-elemental resists. Now grants Return Damage: 25% to self. 40 MP > 22 MP.
   *Elekiter Dragon Palace: No longer increases non-elemental resists to the party. Now grants Return Damage: 10% to the party.
   *Pearl of the Five-Clawed Dragon: No longer reduces all enemies' non-elemental resists. Reduces Fire/Earth/Wind/Water damage by 100% for 10 turns to the party. 68 MP > 40 MP.

*Letty:
   *White Album: No longer increases Defense by +50 to Letty. Now grants Absorb Damage: 25% to one ally. 40 MP > 18 MP.
   *Lingering Cold: No longer reduces all enemies' ATK/DEF/MAG by 50. Inflicts Slow: 20 to the enemy party. 45 MP > 30 MP.

*Tewi:
   *Great Fortune Crest: No longer reduces all resistances to all enemies. 50 MP > 20 MP.

*Mima:
   *Wild Phantom Spirit: No longer reduces Ghost resist and inflicts Berserk: oo to one target. Now grants Doublecast: 5 to one ally. 22 MP > 14 MP.

• 1 month later...

I'm slacking a bit here and there, eh?

CHARACTERS

*Sanae:
  *Can now equip the Demon Charm.

ENEMIES/BOSSES

*Sara's 40% resist to Instant Death is now immunity to Instant Death.
*Mirror Hope's Speed reduced from 125 to 60. Can no longer use Haste, Bravery, Protect, Faith, Regen, Mind Blast, or Cura. Now mirrors what mode Hope is in. Mirror Hope now gains Angelsong, Wall, and Fairy Circle.
*Gloom's Speed reduced from 110 to 60.

EQUIPMENT

*Night Goggles and Enchanted Choker reduced from 4000 yen to 2000 yen.
*Defense Pendalum reduced from 5000 yen to 3500 yen.

SYSTEM

*All status animations fixed, save for characters without proper status animations for some statuses.
*Row has been removed from the game. Make a backup of RPG_RT.exe just in case any bugs occur!

Outside of that, not much has happened. Been busy playing a lot of Final Fantasy Brave Exvius and just procrastinating. I have all the dialogue written up, including the ending and credits stuff, just have to put it all into the game. Following that is just touching up on events/bosses, and then finally adding in more sidequests.

Now, here is where I am asking for help: As you probably have seen, Hope has a couple sprites done by Graphicus; her idle animation, and her skill use animation. However, I am still missing animations for her to be complete for the game (Walk Left, Walk Right, Defend (I may have this one already though??), Dead, Use Item, Damaged, Attack, Victory. Other extras may be things like Confusion, Petrify, etc.). On top of that, I also need to get Chaos some sprites. So, is there anyone willing to try to help finish sprites for the game? It's honestly not very many animations/sprites. In fact, this is about how many there are in the game total:

6610a91fac3013e342c286be49a7e43d.png
4e7fe2b990c14e5d9c7289a3810cc40d.png
2c3a6446defe8ec825730f5d974cd6a0.png
1f88b5036595c55f6595db23fc21b259.png

Note: The sprites are sized down versions of the original. If the sprites are done, they'd need to be of the original sprite sizes that I use that's not on the sheet. This is done so they can be resized down properly, and the sprites may be reused elsewhere at some point too).

These are examples of what would be needed for both. For reference, here's what's shown on Marisa's spritesheets.

1) Idle, KO, Defend, Damaged, Walk Right
2) Attack
3) Skill Use, Item Use
4) Victory

The amount of sprites per spritesheet is 25 max. The frames don't need to be that long either.

Now, you may be wondering, what about compensation? Sadly, I cannot gift nor pay anything to anyone, so it would have to be for the sake of wanting to help or just to be nice. Which would be very, very welcomed to help finish this nearly 11-year old game off once and for all.

Thank you all, and hope the game turns out to be something worth the 11 years of work!