Blind Let's Play of Sacred Stones [Normal Mode]

Xenomic

10 members have voted

1. 1. Do you prefer short videos (15-30 minutes) or long videos (30+ minutes)?

• Short videos
    • Long videos

@Necromancer: I heavily considered General because of that Big Shield, which I learned about from the FE4 LP I'm reading on the LP Archives (or maybe it's on Something Awful? I forget...). Seems like it'd be a nice ability but figured Great Knight would work better for some reason.

@Nicolas: Ah...that would've been nice to know earlier lol. Guess I can just use it on whoever I suppose. Maybe I'll just toss that at Myrrh since nobody else REALLY needs it this badly this late into the game. And if that's the only secret shop in the game, then what the crap? Why does this even exist at all then? @_@;;

I suppose so. Though I've questioned it many times in the game due to bad RNG (such as last chapter!). I know I'll probably not be able to do that in the other games, if I ever get around to them.

@Azn: ...I could've done that? I didn't think you could for some reason! >_<

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh, well poo then lol. Guess I'll just have to live with that fact that she won't get used much until chapter 20/21 then. :<

Myrth is pretty much Athos from Rekka no Ken in this game, in the fact that she pretty much dominates 90% of the game when you have her

Myrth is pretty much Athos from Rekka no Ken in this game, in the fact that she pretty much dominates 90% of the game when you have her

She's OHKO'd by a lot of things in the 3 or 4 final chapters if she's not at least level 10, though

Gorgon Egg? I'm assuming that's through the Enemy Control glitch right? Not using glitches during the actual playthrough so that won't happen for me sadly~ ^^;;

So...when WOULD be the best time to use her then without overusing her?? Next chapter? 2nd to last chapter?? Last chapter??

Well...I remembered this map and expected it to not take nearly as long as the other maps, but didn't expect it to only take half an hour. I don't even REMEMBER the last time a map took me that long! It's refreshing in a way, though wish I could've gave Myrrh more kills. Yes, even though Myrrh's not necessary, I'm going to use her anyways darnit! I like her and that's that! >_<

So Myrrh is weak to bows. Good to know! I didn't think of this for some reason despite me using Neimi to snipe Wyvern Knights and the like! Hopefully that doesn't happen again...

And yes, I brought Myrrh along just so I can get her a couple levels. Then she did nothing because I was too afraid. Rennac was also quite useful in getting treasure too, and I'm really REALLY glad I brought him along. Wasn't expecting thieves to show up...but also wasn't expecting Generals to show up either. That was a terrifying moment! There was a lot of scary moments! I don't know if I would've gotten anything had I let the turns run out, but I feel like I would've missed Aura...

Well, that certainly took a while! Darn enemies constantly coming all the time. Was wondering why there were so many caves! In any case, this map wasn't that bad really. Done on first try with no casualties is pretty good. Tried to conserve Myrrh as I'm going to go all out on the final map with everyone using the Sacred Twins (well, those that can anyways. Dammit Ross, why couldn't you be better!?) and with Myrrh, so I'm going to completely destroy that final chapter if I can! So, once that chapter is done, here's what's left for me to do with this game! Whether or not I post them here is another story:

Tower of Valni and Lagdou Ruins

Ephraim Route

Support Conversations for everyone (would anyone want me to post these here? I'm sure ya'lls seen or read them all by now but...).

I'm not sure what else I could do to show off from this game other than the Enemy Control Glitch (which I'm going to have to read up on to make sure that I do it right and all that). Any other glitches or oddities or whatnot that I need to show off? I'd like to show off all of the boss convos in a video too but...not sure if that's a good idea or not (plus it requires me to replay maps to get to bosses...).

And thus, I finally beat the game, and in essence, my first Fire Emblem game! Hurray! Myrrh really carried me through despite ya'll saying not to use her (she was the only one to NOT outright get murdered by the boss and other enemies), so yeah!

My final thoughts on the game as of now? Twas a really fun game. A bit frustrating whenever I got hit constantly by 10-30% attacks and died due to it, but was still fun nonetheless. The characters were all really flavorable (though not all of them were lovable I think. As good as Lute is as a character, I don't care much for her personality at all, but Myrrh is always <3). The story is pretty well done I think as well, and the maps and enemies aren't TOO BS at that.

And is it just me, or does anyone else get sad as the character credits roll by? Awakening made me like that, despite never playing it, because it made me think of how much I really enjoy some characters, but then realize I'll never see said characters again. Sure, I could replay the game if I want, but it's not the same thing if you know what I mean. T-T

Next up: Tower of Valni and Lagdou Ruins! Will I beat it with super Eirika team!? Who knows!

Sweet Xeno! Well done on finishing :D

You should definitely do Valni first as you would be still unprepared for the final floor of the Lagdou ruins I think.

Go and play FE7 now... ;_;

Well, I'll do Valni first since it was the first one to appear before doing Lagdou Ruins, and then after those I'll do Ephraim's route as well (up to chapter 15. The rest will probably be only recorded dialogue changes).

• 3 weeks later...

Alrighty, so been a little while and now back to this after beating FE12. It'll be a while before the video is up though. However, here is a question to you all, concerning the next FE LP I do (whenever that is). Would you guys prefer the videos to be one, long video as I've been doing them, or separate parts? I do them in one long video as it feels like it'd...feel crude and incomplete to split them up. Yes, I know that people don't have that great of an attention span on watching videos and whatnot but...I dunno. @_@;

Alrighty, so been a little while and now back to this after beating FE12. It'll be a while before the video is up though. However, here is a question to you all, concerning the next FE LP I do (whenever that is). Would you guys prefer the videos to be one, long video as I've been doing them, or separate parts? I do them in one long video as it feels like it'd...feel crude and incomplete to split them up. Yes, I know that people don't have that great of an attention span on watching videos and whatnot but...I dunno. @_@;

I feel parts of around 30 mins at the most are the best thing to do, since not everyone can watch 1+ hr long segments of FE gameplay in one go, and if it's all in one part, and can be a hassle to resume exactly where they left off, especially if they don't remember the time stamp.

So after about a month of not recording anything and after beating FE12 (sorry, can't record DS games as much as I'd like to), decided to get back to this game finally. This is the first half of the Tower of Valni. Originally this was one big video, but due to A) It being a 2 hour video just about and B) The 5 hours it took to convert it failed because for some reason Camtasia Studio resized the first clip in the video by 500%, I decided to just split the video in half to make it easier to watch. Ah well..hopefully it doesn't seem too crudely cut off! The next part will be uploaded tomorrow, and then we'll be tackling the Lagdou Ruins next! I have heard that the ruins are quite difficult so looking forward to pulling out all of my good stuff, seeing as I'm already done with Eirika's route anyways! And then finally, Ephraim's route 11-15! And that should be it for this LP (outside of course, showing the dialogue changes in Ephraim's route from chapter 16-21 and all Support Conversations). Looking forward to finishing this! After I'm fully done with this game, might play FE11 before starting the next FE LP, just to take a break again from recording. @_@;;