Blind Let's Play of Sacred Stones [Normal Mode]

Xenomic

10 members have voted

1. 1. Do you prefer short videos (15-30 minutes) or long videos (30+ minutes)?

• Short videos
    • Long videos

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, I know my commentary isn't exactly that great at all. It's just going to take me a loooooong time to get it going anywhere, if at all. Me being as anti-social as I am and whatnot doesn't help matters much. Sometimes I wonder if I shouldn't have a guest commentator on this or something lol...somehow.

And last half of Tower of Valni! Don't pay any heed to the cut-away in the video, I expected there to be a third part to the video but apparently floor 8 was the last floor. Also, I have NO idea what happened to make the game freeze up on me like it did. Does Petrify lock the game up or something?? I honestly don't know what happened!

Next up will be Lagdou Ruins! Fun times to be had!

Admittedly, I didn't have much to say in this part or the next. What can I say other than I'm murdering a bunch of monsters and the maps are freaking huge? Seriously, I didn't expect one floor to take as long as a normal chapter for me! But hey, at least it's not as long as my other parts, right? Riiiiiight???

So yeah, this video entails floors 1 and 2 of Lagdou Ruins. Lots of murdering happens, and I try to not use Lute as much so as to level up other people even though that shouldn't matter since after I'm done with the ruins I'll have no need to ever use this save file again! *Shrugs*

Edited by Xenomic

More Lagdou Ruins! More excitement! More of me not having a whole lot to say to the wanton murder of everything ever! Strategy? What is strategy!? Run in and murder everything! It's like I'm playing Final Fantasy Tactics all over again mwahahahaha!

So this is Lagdou Ruins floors 3 and 4. Again, wasn't expecting them to be so looooong. How many floors are there to this place? If there's only 8 like Tower of Valni, that'll make this so much better to know that I'm halfway done...x_x;;

So there is! Fun times T-T

Floors 5-6 of Lagdou Ruins! Got pretty lucky in here...but still whipping the crap out of enemies! Lute's back and ready to smash faces...and get her face smashed apparently. Seriously, I'm getting hit a lot more than I should be I feel. Then again...Franz isn't exactly super high-leveled so eh.

And we continue onwards through the ruins to floors 7-8. If the last video wasn't lucky enough, I'd say this one is even more luckier! Seriously...these guys hurt. A lot. Oi vey...at least there's only 2 more floors left to go! And yes, I already know about the last floor so there won't be any surprise "Oh dear gods what is this I'mma gonna die!" speech before doing it. Sorry for those that were expecting me to freak out! ^^;

Also, finally realizing that Myrrh has my healing that I kinda need! .V.

And thus Lagdou Ruins is finished! I apologize for the lack of commentary in this part. For some reason, computer didn't record my mic, and I didn't feel like re-recording the video just for commentary, post or not. In any case, next time will be Ephraim's route! Of which I have absolutely NO idea on what that's like! Oh boy...

Beginning Ephriam's route today (and made sure that my mic was recording!). So far, it doesn't seem that difficult at all. It IS the first chapter of his route though, so maybe later chapters are a little harder? I don't know...but man, it sure feels weird having really low-leveled people again! Once I get to the point where the paths merge together again, I'm going to be abusing the Tower of Valni to wrap up the rest of the game (plus I have to do paired characters for the final ending!).

Well then...after blundering THIS chapter up, by having Tana die like a madwoman and then killing someone I wanted to recruit but didn't realize you could on this chapter for some reason, got through this one! This isn't nearly AS bad as it could've been, though I think I got extremely lucky on some accounts lol...oh gods...

Screw this chapter hard. That is all you need to know. Fog of war on a tiny map like this is really bad, and even worse when you can't protect your squishy people. I'm honestly surprised I even MANAGED to win on the winning run...that's just sheer dumb luck!

Screw this chapter hard. That is all you need to know. Fog of war on a tiny map like this is really bad, and even worse when you can't protect your squishy people. I'm honestly surprised I even MANAGED to win on the winning run...that's just sheer dumb luck!

YYeahhhh this chapter is quite challenging if you are doing a no-grind run... :/

It is pretty terrible. Had I actually grinded like I wanted to for this runthrough, I wouldn't have had any troubles at all I think. But since I'm keeping in the spirit of Fire Emblem and not abusing the Tower, this became so much more difficult lol. I expected L'Arachel to die at some point, but somehow she didn't.

This map wasn't nearly as bad as I'd thought it'd be. Pretty straightforward and simple map! Oh, and Amelia is now usable! Not that it matters all that much...

Ephraim's route definitely is a lot more difficult than Eirika's route, I'll give ya'll that. This map was pretty hellish, and there were a few times I didn't think I was going to have people survive as well as save those villages. Really close calls here!

Only one more video left in the game for me to really record! The rest being just dialogue changes in the remaining chapters, the Supports, and Creature Campaign! So the next video will PROBABLY be the last video for this thread! Oh man...what a ride this has been. I wasn't expecting this game to take me more than month to do, or even a month to do! Yet here I am, about 2-3 months later? In a way, I kinda regret starting a LP for a FE game, but at the same time, it gave me something to do between playing other games as well as working on my RPG Maker game (and I suppose the little time I spent on my FE hack as well). I know that FE7 is gonna take a long time to do too, especially since I know NOTHING about that game, so I have no idea how long it's going to take...@_@;

• 1 month later...

And here, we have the FINAL video for this LP! Sorry it took so long to get this done...was busy uploading all of the support videos and dilly-dallying with getting this final chapter done. I say it's the final video even though it's not the end of the game...I'm just not going to be doing the rest of the game on Ephraim's route since there's no real reason to do so. So yeah! Been fun and all, but that's that for this game!

And I know there's people that are expecting me to do FE7 next, but I'm probably not going to do another LP series on a FE game for a long, long time....it just took WAY too long to do this one as it was. Admittedly, I did more than I needed to, but I like being thorough when I do LPs so...yeah! ^^;