Some assistance for H2 would be nice

Hello everyone, I'm having some difficulty with getting a clear for chapter 2 on H2. This is my first time playing this mode and my only other experience with this game is me roflstomping it with mounted units on NM, once. So I'm basically playing it blind.

Anyway, my MU is a male noble/kind/recluse cav, I have no access to lunatic stat boosts or dlc content, and I got through the prologue and ch1 rather well.

On chapter 2, I figured the best idea is to have Palla kill the thief and then have her flee west and then south to run from the cavalier reinforcements, while my other units ignore the bridge key village and run towards Palla to protect her from the cavs and dragons who she will unavoidably aggro. I can take the cavs and the first wave of dragon knights just fine, but the remaining ~3 on the mountains and the ones over the water are a pain to aggro. I can't just sit on the edge of their range, no, I have to go into it and then they ALL come after me at once and I just get overwhelmed.

Any ideas on how to deal with this?

I'm not sure exactly, but I recall that Palla is 3RKO'd by the mountain Dracoknights at full health. What you want to do is have Palla use the Silver Lance to kill one of the ones without an axe while you have at least one unit with lower defence than her sit in their ranges so that the remaining two don't gang up on her. If she gets killed im two rounds of combat, have her move west around to the rest of your units and arrange them in a line such that they can only be attacked by one Dracoknight at a time. Depending on how beefy your MU is, you might be able to just have him tank two Dracoknights by himself.

Meanwhile, have 2-4 units (depending on how strong your guys are) remain at the start to bait and kill the ones over the sea. The sea ones aggro when the mountain ones do, so the positioning there is pretty simple.

Well for one, your Ryan doesn't sit at base speed(the unfunny thing is that base Doga is actually my best acher right now) and my MU and Catria can't nearly output the same damage as yours can. Did you give Catria the silver lance or something? I also remember Linde getting OHKO'd but that could have been the dracos that come with silvers.

Well for one, your Ryan doesn't sit at base speed(the unfunny thing is that base Doga is actually my best acher right now) and my MU and Catria can't nearly output the same damage as yours can. Did you give Catria the silver lance or something? I also remember Linde getting OHKO'd but that could have been the dracos that come with silvers.

Like I said, it doesn't have to be the same units. You also have the luxury of not going for a low turn, so feel free to use more units. The idea is to have a wall of 3 units, the one in the middle with the lowest def and next 2 must be in that positioning to not be attacked twice. Catria was given the Lady Sword for that damage output. If your Doga cant double the Dracoknights like Ryan in the vid, just use 2 archers/hunters for it. Linde doesn't have to be used for it. Just put a lower def unit (that can survive) in the middle and it'll work. The Palla positioning and the Avatar Arran positions in Turn 1 are crucial, as they lure the Dracoknights towards them instead of Palla, who will die if the DKs move the wrong way.

Edited by PKL

OK I managed to beat the map. One of the steel lance dracos refused to aggro(even when I parked Palla right next to him), so I ended up getting Palla in his range after dealing with the thief, and then moving her into the range of the master seal draco, which in turn aggro'd the ones left over on the water on the rest of my team, which had just finished with the second draco wave. I also opted to go and recruit generic axe dude and julian, but not mathis because fuck mathis.

Then 3x and 4 were easy to figure out, and now I've run into an issue on chapter 5. I want to kill the master seal thief but I can't get enough firepower near it fast enough, because I'm keeping an eye on George and his dudes and keep out of their range. Can I just go into their range without getting attacked? And, how far into it?

OK I managed to beat the map. One of the steel lance dracos refused to aggro(even when I parked Palla right next to him), so I ended up getting Palla in his range after dealing with the thief, and then moving her into the range of the master seal draco, which in turn aggro'd the ones left over on the water on the rest of my team, which had just finished with the second draco wave. I also opted to go and recruit generic axe dude and julian, but not mathis because fuck mathis.

Then 3x and 4 were easy to figure out, and now I've run into an issue on chapter 5. I want to kill the master seal thief but I can't get enough firepower near it fast enough, because I'm keeping an eye on George and his dudes and keep out of their range. Can I just go into their range without getting attacked? And, how far into it?

Did the vid help at all for Chapter 3?

Skip to 6:40 for the actual gameplay. As you can see in the vid, the sniper don't move in H2. If you really want the Master Seal, Avatar Palla or Sirius are good candidates to go get it as a mobile class. You should be able to grab it in Turn 3 at the latest. You could also have a Dracoknight or flier block his path so that he goes back and tries to escape through the south instead so you can intercept it with whoever you want to feed the kill to. The Snipers won't move, so as long as you don't park really close to them, you're safe unlike in Lunatic, where they will move if you are in their red range. Also, the sacrifice at the beginning is only to achieve a 7 turn, dont do that. You can lure the mages safely with Palla+Catria in Turn 1 and then kill the third one in Player Phase 2. Good luck.

EDIT: Be careful, as attacking the Physic Bishop triggers the Snipers to aggro. So, only kill the Physic Bishop when you can afford to aggro the Snipers or are about to seize.

Edited by PKL

One trick you can do for CH5 is to close off the escape route for the thief, and then follow this by making a formation against the reinforcement Draco Knights by the main group

Near Base Sirius can be used to close the route, but I'm not sure how it would work out in H2 compared to H3

So now I made it to chapter 8. Chapter 7 was a bit of a pain to figure out until I promoted MU and switched him to DK. It's not that the map itself was hard to clear, just getting all the thief items was. Anyway, I'm now getting sandwiched between the southern reinforcements and the generals from the north. This isn't a problem, really, but for how long do the southern dudes keep spawning? And also, how do Hardin and his initial aggro?

Hardin himself doesn't aggro, but when you step into the range of any of the original Generals, all of the Generals turn aggro. After a certain number of turns (something like eight) every enemy on the map except Hardin and Jeorge starts chasing after you. The southern reinforcements go on for a while, more than ten turns probably. The easiest strategy is to rush the top of the map and have the Generals dealt with in the first four turns, before the reinforcements catch up with you. Forging a Wing Spear or Hammer if you haven't already will come in handy for this.

I'm back after a relative lull, currently on chapter 12? The one where I get to go up against a bunch of fire dragons and wyverns. I noticed that both Sirius and Shiida are getting 2RKO by the nasties, so rushing this map seems out of the question(especially considering weaksauce marth has to be protected), so would camping the starting area be a viable plan? And how long do the reinforcements from the fortresses near that keep appearing?

I figured out chapter 12 by spawncamping the first wave of aggroing enemies, and then heading out, keeping marth and some other softies encircled at all times. Also fed marth some kills because he was starting to get doubled by everyone. Chapter 13 wasn't really difficult, except the reinforcements that appear when you reach the castloe caught me off guard. 13x was downright easy

Dudes I've been using are MU, Luke, Barst, Catria, Draug, Sirius, Malicia, Caeda and Etzel. Oh and Minerva.

Currently figuring out how to do map 14 while getting all the delicious items.

Trust me, there's chests, too.

Get the tankiest unit that can't be doubled in there; Paladins are decent for this (they take Levin Sword hits pretty well). I worry about the dragons more, as they hit like a damn truck. If you can get rid of the three starting dragons plus one more, while keeping the front line relatively healthy, you should have a shot at it. Remember your shards!

I had actually already beaten c14 before you posted =/ but the chests really weren't a problem and neither were the reinforcements. The tricky part of it was drawing in and killing as many dark mages as I could on turn 1 EP, to limit the amount of the 2-range I'd have to face when dealing with the dragons and the horde of thieves. It was ultimately solved by getting a barrier use on Barst.

C15 has been trouble, what with all the forged ridersbanes and armorslayers flying around, that I decided to shove my usually almost completely mounted team off their horses and unto their feet. Haven't found a way to deal with the initial rush while also saving the villages, but I'll get there.

By the way, what does the one village offer over the other? (aside from the dracoshield/energy ring thing)

Edited by Gyarados

The dracoshield/energy ring choice is all there is to it.

IIRC for C15 I had a super Palla with the Rainbow Pot and Iote's Shield and Minerva slay the ballista on turn 1 while General!Caeda with a forged Wing Spear, Xane copying her, and two other units tanked the east side. Everyone else except Dolph went west to save the villages.