Hello, i am a SMT fan and i am here thanks to SMTXFE and i am pleased to meet you

BoringGore

Welcome to the forest.

I'd recommend one of the GBA games as your next port of call. Either FE7 or 8. Personally I prefer 7, but 8 is probably the easiest and most accessible in the series.

What Eggs said. English titles include FE7-FE13 with 12 being the exception, but all Japanese-only games do have patches floating around. FE7/8 are probably the easiest to get into though

Welcome to Serenes Forest. Don't get lost and enjoy your stay!

Welcome to the Forest! I'd highly suggest you play FE8 (Sacred Stones); its the most similar to Awakening's gameplay and my personal favorite after Awakening.

Edited by Silver Lightning

Imo, Radiant Dawn and Path of Radiance (the Wii and Gamecube titles, respectively) are the best besides Awakening, you should get them. And it might be kinda hard to find them, but I found them long before I could ever find a copy of the GBA games (I swear, they never once showed up in any GameStop I was in, yet they had the GC and Wii ones. I even found a brand new Radiant Dawn in Walmart after my used copy stopped working right), so that might be your best bet. Path of Radiance should come first, as it's easier, has a more beginner-friendly tutorial system, and is the direct prequel to Radiant Dawn, so yeah.

Welcome anyhow though, it's always great to see gamers wanting to try out FE! ^^

Imo, Radiant Dawn and Path of Radiance (the Wii and Gamecube titles, respectively) are the best besides Awakening, you should get them. And it might be kinda hard to find them, but I found them long before I could ever find a copy of the GBA games (I swear, they never once showed up in any GameStop I was in, yet they had the GC and Wii ones. I even found a brand new Radiant Dawn in Walmart after my used copy stopped working right), so that might be your best bet. Path of Radiance should come first, as it's easier, has a more beginner-friendly tutorial system, and is the direct prequel to Radiant Dawn, so yeah.

Welcome anyhow though, it's always great to see gamers wanting to try out FE! ^^

Get Dolphin EMU and download the ISOs. Games work flawlessly on that Emu. :P

Radiant Dawn isn't worth the money is selling for ($60+) and Path of Radiance is around the same prize for being an old gem. PoR is worth it, though.

Anyways, welcome!

Get Dolphin EMU and download the ISOs. Games work flawlessly on that Emu. :P

Uhh...? I'm not sure exactly what you're saying in the first sentence. But one ever said they had problems playing any games. Also, I don't emulate, just saying.

Radiant Dawn isn't worth the money is selling for ($60+) and Path of Radiance is around the same prize for being an old gem.

Maybe to you. Lots of other people think it is, it's a pretty popular game out west. I see it consistently score high on favorite FE polls on the net. Same with PoR.

Edited by Anacybele

Please don't tell someone not to play a game right after someone else recommended it. That's rather rude. You don't see me telling him not to play FE7 even though I don't think it's that great for an FE game.

Please don't tell someone not to play a game right after someone else recommended it. That's rather rude. You don't see me telling him not to play FE7 even though I don't think it's that great for an FE game.

It looks like I have no fucks to give. I don't believe in the hype/nostalgia boners of the western FE community anyways. FE4/5 is where it's at. And FE10 is a bad game. And FE6 is so bad that it poisons FE7 awesome-ness.

It looks like I have no fucks to give. I don't believe in the hype/nostalgia boners of the western FE community anyways. FE4/5 is where it's at. And FE10 is a bad game. And FE6 is so bad that it poisons FE7 awesome-ness.

It doesn't give you the right to treat your opinions as fact and try shooting down other people's recommendations. I don't know what your problem is, but I don't appreciate you being bitchy to me.

I and a lot of other people think RD is a great game. Deal with it.

Edited by Anacybele

Howdy!

Funny how these things work. I didn't know what SMT was before the crossover was announced, and now I'm hooked on everything! It's nice to see the vice-versa as well.

Every FE fan will give you a different answer for what game to play, so just pick whatever looks right. Just to highlight some things, if you liked Awakening's class system, then you might like Sacred Stones, as it offers a wider variety of class options than most of the games. The DS games, Shadow Dragon and New Mystery, had an interesting reclass system that is incredibly easy to abuse (and a lot of fun to abuse for that matter), and the latter had an avatar character like Awakening. As far as the game with the best storyline, I'd strongly suggest Genealogy of the Holy War or Path of Radiance/Radiant Dawn, as they are both rather unique in that department.

Anyway, welcome to SF! See ya around.

Edited by Village King

If you've just played FE13(Awakening), then I'd recommend FE8. It's the most similar to FE13, having branching promotions and infinite grinding. FE12 is a good choice as well, as it has some of the same features as Awakening(such as a reclassing system, a casual mode, and a PC unit), with the only downside being that it's Japan-only.

I would suggest Thracia 776 or Sword of Seals.

Oh you....

But really, stay away from these(and RD) for now. Not newbie friendly at all. Though given that you're a MegaTen fan I'm not sure if that makes a difference to you.

Uhh...? I'm not sure exactly what you're saying in the first sentence. But one ever said they had problems playing any games.

What I said was that there's the option of emulating.

Also, I don't emulate, just saying.

Good for you.

Opinions. Keep them to yourself and just do as the thread-maker asked: Recommend FE games, not diss them.

Edited by Albafika

Oh, and isn't Thracia 776 hard as hell?

Only if you're playing through it blind, otherwise it's kind of easy.

Also, PLEASE try not to double or triple post.

And FE7 is Blazing Sword/Fire Emblem, Sacred Stones is FE8.

Judging by your grammar, english isn't your first language, is it?

Only if you're playing through it blind, otherwise it's kind of easy.

Also, PLEASE try not to double or triple post.

And FE7 is Blazing Sword/Fire Emblem, Sacred Stones is FE8.

Judging by your grammar, english isn't your first language, is it?

lol what do you mean "judging by your grammar"?

it's actually pretty good (if English isn't his first language). He's only missing an "as" between "776" and "hard". His other posts are mostly grammatically correct.

Edited by Ellona Santiago

lol what do you mean "judging by your grammar"?

it's actually pretty good (if English isn't his first language). He's only missing an "as" between "776" and "hard". His other posts are mostly grammatically correct.

I meant his capitalization.