Wifi Project M 3.0.2 Tourney the First (bracket is up)

PKL

Wifi tournament rules:
Players that have to play each other in a round, have 1 week (subject to change) to have their matches. They must PM their opponent and set a date/time in that week time limit in which they both can play their matches. Follow the rules below for matches:
  • Double Elimination
  • 4 stock, 8 minutes.
  • Sets are best of 5. Finals are best of 7.
  • Items set to “off” and “none.”
  • Quitting out of a match before it is over will result in a loss for the quitter.
  • If time runs out, the person with the most stock left (or least % if they are equal) wins. If the % is equal as well, play a 1 stock 3 minute match, same characters and stage.
  • If the match goes to sudden death due to a suicide move (Ganon’s side-B, Kirby/DDD’s swallow, holding someone in a grab on a platform as it moves out of the boundaries, etc.), the one who initiated the move wins.
  • Buffer set to off.
  • In the event that the game crashes or the TV/Wii loses power in the middle of a match, that match will be restarted from the beginning with the same characters and stage. If a player uses a known glitch to intentionally crash the game or otherwise make it unfinishable, that player may be forced to forfeit the match or be DQed at the TO’s discretion.
  • No excessive stalling (this includes abusing Jiggs’ Rising Pound and Mario’s Up-B Walljump)
  • Both players may agree to any rule or stage outside the tournament ruleset.

Stagelist:

For the 1st match, stage strike the starter list in 1-2-2-1-1-2 fashion. After each match, the winner of the previous match bans 3 stages (Players may counterpick a stage that they previously banned in the set, but may not counterpick a stage on which they won). The player who lost the previous match chooses a stage, then the player who won chooses their character, then the player who lost chooses their character. (this must be carried out in the Private Message here on SF)

Starters:

Battlefield
Final Destination
Smashville
Pokemon Stadium 2
Dreamland (64)
Fountain of Dreams
Yoshi’s Story (Melee) (singles only)
SSE: Jungle (doubles only)

Counterpicks:

Battlefield
Final Destination
Smashville
Pokemon Stadium 2
Dreamland (64)
Fountain of Dreams
Yoshi’s Story (Melee) (singles only)
SSE: Jungle (doubles only)
Yoshi’s Island (Brawl)
Lylat Cruise
Wario Ware
Green Hill Zone
Skyloft
Skyworld

Entrants:

PKL

Doofina

Gcubedude

Esaka

Golgar

MJThom2009

Comet

Zukonima

Bracket:

http://challonge.com/tournaments/bracket_generator?ref=0VZkUoaCuj

Edited by PKL

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When's the start date?

I'm in if it's after January.

Whenever I consider we have enough to make a bracket. It might take ages or very little. Don't worry, it won't start during christmas break lo

EDIT: Wait, AFTER january? I doubt this will start all the way in February.

Edited by PKL

Whenever I consider we have enough to make a bracket. It might take ages or very little. Don't worry, it won't start during christmas break lo

EDIT: Wait, AFTER january? I doubt this will start all the way in February.

Whoops. I meant after December.

Is there anyone available to test out Wifi Project M with me? I've never done it, and I want to make sure I have everything downloaded and working properly before the tournament starts.

EDIT: Okay, it works. Thanks Nolgax!

Edited by Gcubedude

Should I put as a tentative entrant then?

Sure. If this starts after my break from school, it depends on whether or not I bring my Wii with me to college(and whether or not I can get it connected to WiFi)

Sigh this sucks that I have such a limited timeframe.. I wanted to show off with Roy, Link or Sonic

That sucks :/

Also, if you guys know of any other SF members that could enter, give them the link! Spread the word!

EDIT: If someone spams the link in IP Chat, that would be great!

Edited by PKL

• 2 weeks later...

I'm not that good, but I'll enter nonetheless. Just started playing this game, and it's AWESOME. but I still have issues wavedashing... that's what i get for using a gamestop GC controller...

I would love to do this if three things occurred.

1) Wifi download set allowed for full release performance rather than limited performance.

2) Wifi was not so laggy for an intended faster paced game

3) My wii wasn't broken :(