SSB4 Fire Emblem Idea

Lucykinz

Hello everyone! This is my first topic posted but I wanted to discuss an idea I had for the upcoming smash 4. As we all know Marth has finally been confirmed and now the issue remains as to who will be the second rep. Other questions also come into play such as can fire emblem get three characters, or will Marth get a Lucina skin. These questions are difficult to answer at the moment although there is strong evidence for Chrom.

Now the real issue I wanted to discuss here was that of character representation and how the fire emblem series has fallen under the flavor of the month category. If you are not familiar with the term it means the game uses the newest character and replaces one who isn't relevant anymore. This can be seen in the case of Ike replacing Roy.

Now Fire Emblem isn't the only series stuck in this category, it happens with pokemon to some extent, with Mewtwo being swapped out for Lucario and possibly pichu for trainer. However, other pokemon can get some representation through the pokeball item. For example, players can pick up a randomly dropped pokeball and call out someone to assist them, like Chikorita using razor leaf on the other characters. This can give the pokemon series a very good representation as many pokemon appear and it is not through the use of assist trophies.

Here comes the idea: what if the same principal were applied to FE characters. You can call out a certain character to help do your bidding on the battle field. Instead of a pokeball, we would use an Einherjar card to summon characters, much like what happens in awakening's dlc. An example I'll use is Hector. Unfortunately he will probably not be playable, but let's say he made an appearance through this system. Your character can grab a card item and summon him in a way similar to calling out a pokemon. He would come onto the stage and smash everyones face in with his axe. With this system many characters from all the different fire emblems could appear. Different classes who are not blue haired lords could get some great representation too. Lissa could be summoned to heal the player who called her out, a strong mage could attack with a powerful spell, a weaker mage could attack with a simple tome like fire, thunder or wind. The possibilities are endless.

Another important point to bring up is how this would separate the FE characters from the assist trophies. Lyn would now be moved to a card but would more or less do the same thing. Now you could make the argument that each series could get this kind of special item. That would be interesting too, but the franchises that fall into flavor of the month benefit from this the most.

If you have any thoughts on to why this would or wouldn't work feel free to state them. If you have any ideas of which characters should be represented in the Einherjar cards or which attacks they would use please comment that too. Anyway, it's just an idea I was tossing around.

This would be awesome! I have a few ideas:

Hector: Axe twirl like in Armads crit. causes whirlwind

Roy: SoS fire blast

Serra/Lissa: Heals small amount of health

Lyon: Summons a double by all opponents, doing a small amount of damage

Any swordmaster: Astra

Gordin: Archer volley

-Black Knight performing Eclipse

-Micaiah performing a stunning light magic spell

-Levin using wind magic to push enemies off stage

-Jeigan performing a single attack before becoming tired

This idea will also help expand Fire Emblems general fan base.

everyone here money match me in any form of Smash game

Only if we donate proceeds to charity of our choice. Also my brawl disc isn't working anymore.

EDIT-Inui holiday shopping on steam is not a charity.

Edited by SeverIan

Only if we donate proceeds to charity of our choice. Also my brawl disc isn't working anymore.

EDIT-Inui holiday shopping on steam is not a charity.

I'm okay with that

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I feel like the tradition will continue in having Marth and the series' most recent lord (in this case, Chrom) be playable. Perhaps Marth will get a Lucina skin, though.