Exactly one year ago, I joined this wonderful community called Serenes Forest. Its been a long year since then, and lots of things changed for me, but SF has managed to remain a constant anchor for me in my turbulent life. I have so much pent up gratitude for the people I have met and gotten to know here looking back these 12 months, and I feel that I should pay my dues; it's the season of gratitude, after all. I have lots of people to thank for my amazing first year:

I want to thank Kaze_Ninja17 and Ace Tactician for being my first friends here. We had all joined pretty recently, and I was still trying to find my way around here, but you guys were so kind and I think fondly on the conversations we had about Awakening, cosplay, other games, life, and just about anything we felt like talking about. Stay awesome, guys! Kaze, I really miss you, so please come back someday!

I want to thank shadowofchaos for his LP of Japanese Awakening before the NA release. Even if it was just for fun, it really tided me and I'm sure many more people over until the the English release and was very thankful whenever I saw and watched the occasional update for the short time I had been here. And seeing all of your funny jokes and videos, as well as the sage advice, was great too. :)

I want to thank all the people who helped me on my first run of FE4 (especially PKLucas531, Guy Starwind, Ranger Jack Walker, Soledai, Tables, and Baldrick). You guys gave me so many hints and tips; I'm not sure I would have ever gotten through or at least as smoothly as I did without your help. Glad you guys stuck with me even during all of my bumbling in the early game. Thank you so much for helping me experience one of the most interesting Fire Emblem games.

I want to thank the Pokemon sub-forum crew for being all around awesome people; so many friend safaris, so many trades, so many battles. I think I've spent most of my time on SF there after the X/Y release, and I've gotten to know some of you a lot better because of it. Thanks for helping me improve as a breeder and battler; and thank you Richard for putting up with my inexperience in competitive battling and for being my partner in the Doubles Tournament. Don't worry guys, I'm sure we'll get it up and running soon. Hang in there!

I want to thank the Mod team for being the cool and excellent people who I've done my best to follow in example. You guys make this place a wonderful forum to spend my time in! And I really appreciate the willingness to help people feel comfortable here. You are all my role models. And more recently, thank you again Balcerzak for the Steins;Gate and anime recommendations. :D

I want to thank the people who have been kind enough to add me as a friend. It makes me feel delighted that people actually like me a little and aren't scared off by what I think is my dormant insanity (I'll admit that I am a shipper fangirl at heart, and for some reason you all still accept me in spite of it; but at least you appreciate this part of me, Anacybele XD). I'm happy to know that there are people who share in my interests and love for many of the things I struggle to talk about with the people I know IRL. Thank you all! <3

And a very special thanks to LuxSpes. You have been my amazing PM pal for almost 2 months, and its hard to believe it all started from a simple Pokemon Battle. I want you to know how much I have enjoyed talking to you about almost anything and I really appreciate every message you send. Thank you so much for being an awesome online friend! :3

But most of all, thank you everyone on SF that I have ever had the pleasure to talk to, even if it was only a greeting or quote here and there. Thank you everyone who has ever had a kind thought or comment for me. I haven't bothered to join any other forum because of how fantastic this one has been. I may not be in the best part of life right now, but SF has been my home on the internet this year, and I hope to share many more years with you guys. Thank you again and I wish you all the happiness in the world. ^_^

TL;DR version: OMG YOU GUYS ARE AWESOME AND I WANT YOU ALL TO KNOW HOW THANKFUL I AM THAT YOU GUYS AND THIS PLACE EXISTS! HERE'S TO ANOTHER YEAR!!!!!!! 8D

*reads tags*

Obviously, you joining these forums spared the world of it's demise, and for that I thank you~

Glad you've had an awesome year and such. I'd say more, but I'm afraid we actually haven't had a conversation (I don't think), so I don't know what else to say. Let's just hope the next year is just as awesome, if not better than this year~

Edited by DodgeDusk

Wow~ I love this topic, it really warms my heart to read ^~^

Congrats on having stayed here for a whole year~! I'm assuming you aren't often in the part of the forum I frequent since I only remember seeing you maybe a few times or so x3

But yeah it's lovely to see that you've enjoyed it here so much!!

Happy Serenes Anniversary, It's good that you've enjoyed yourself here

Also, I'm just glad I was even able to be useful at all, if you ever feel like playing another older FE, I might be there too... I like to help people and find satisfaction in it if they are helped by my actions

If you want me in your hair again, play Dynasty Warriors 7 or 8, I'm kidding, no I'm not, yes I am, no I'm not

Jokes aside, since we joined at roughly the same time, here's to another year

• 2 weeks later...

Oh, wow, I completely forgot to check back here. Just remembered to before the New Year, and perhaps that's fitting.

*reads tags*

Obviously, you joining these forums spared the world of it's demise, and for that I thank you~

Glad you've had an awesome year and such. I'd say more, but I'm afraid we actually haven't had a conversation (I don't think), so I don't know what else to say. Let's just hope the next year is just as awesome, if not better than this year~

Oh, did I really save the world??? One less thing to put on my new years resolution then!

I think we had a comment here or their somewhere on the Pokemon thread when X and Y were released, but thanks for the well wish. I do hope this next year is awesome!

Wow~ I love this topic, it really warms my heart to read ^~^

Congrats on having stayed here for a whole year~! I'm assuming you aren't often in the part of the forum I frequent since I only remember seeing you maybe a few times or so x3

But yeah it's lovely to see that you've enjoyed it here so much!!

Oh, it makes me happy someone liked my topic! Yeah, I haven't really been on FftF, but I've seen a bit of you around myself; I really admire your kind posts and lovely reputation. Along with the mods, you're one of the people I do strive to model my behavior after, so thanks for the well wish! I really appreciate it! :3

happy one year!

glad you've enjoyed it here~ :D

Thanks, I really have found a home here! =D

Happy Serenes Anniversary, It's good that you've enjoyed yourself here

Also, I'm just glad I was even able to be useful at all, if you ever feel like playing another older FE, I might be there too... I like to help people and find satisfaction in it if they are helped by my actions

If you want me in your hair again, play Dynasty Warriors 7 or 8, I'm kidding, no I'm not, yes I am, no I'm not

Jokes aside, since we joined at roughly the same time, here's to another year

Thanks, you really were helpful; I might try another JPN game at some point (I kinda wanna play FE5 since I played FE4.....but I'm kinda scared to since its the hardest one, so I hear >_<).

Well then, here's to another year for the both of us!

Happy one year! May you have many more here

Thanks, I plan to! :)

I'm glad you like it here~! The mods in general are cool, but that's 'cause Balcerzak and Inty are on the team. :P:

If you wanna talk, I'm open via PM~!

Balcerzak and Integrity are indeed cool, but you're pretty cool too from what I've seen this past year! And thank you for the offer; it makes me feel happy and safe that mods like you are easy to approach for most anything. ^_^

happy one year.

the forums would be better if integ had full mod powers.

Thanks!

I'm sure they would be~!

(I'll admit that I am a shipper fangirl at heart, and for some reason you all still accept me in spite of it; but at least you appreciate this part of me, Anacybele XD).

Oh, of course I do! There's absolutely nothing wrong with being a shipping fan! :) I know a guy who's just as into pairings as we are. And he even agrees with most of our Tellius preferences! He's not a forum person though, nor is he interested in finding a girlfriend himself, unfortunately. XD (I kinda have a crush on him too...)

And you're an awesome gal for being one of those few people that don't get their briefs in a bunch over disagreements on stuff like pairings. And for not being an annoying fan. :P

I wish I'd seen this thread sooner too, but it just totally dodged me. lol

Thanks, you really were helpful; I might try another JPN game at some point (I kinda wanna play FE5 since I played FE4.....but I'm kinda scared to since its the hardest one, so I hear >_<).

Well then, here's to another year for the both of us!

Aye, maybe I'll not be so introverted, but if you wanna play FE5, jump in there rabidly and blindly, and I'll carry the torch... and serious, not serious Dynasty Warriors 8, nao!

I want to thank the people who have been kind enough to add me as a friend. It makes me feel delighted that people actually like me a little and aren't scared off by what I think is my dormant insanity (I'll admit that I am a shipper fangirl at heart, and for some reason you all still accept me in spite of it; but at least you appreciate this part of me, Anacybele XD). I'm happy to know that there are people who share in my interests and love for many of the things I struggle to talk about with the people I know IRL. Thank you all! <3

After reading that, I decided to add you as a friend. :)