Fire Emblem Radiant Dawn Dolphin Emulator Crash

StairFacts

I've recently been playing through Radiant Dawn via Dolphin, and I've been experiencing some issues. I got up to Chapter 6 in Part 1, and my emulator keeps crashing whenever I either try to open up the dolphin interface or load a save, and sometimes it just crashes at random, no matter where I am in the game. The audio also sounds VERY glitchy and my game has around 12 FPS, even though I had put my game on the fastest graphical settings possible on Dolphin. My computer is fairly new, so I don't think my hardware is to blame. Please help!

The Dolphin wiki suggests setting the sound backend to "XAudio2" if you have sound problems. I was having audio problems as well, but setting the audio to DSP-LLE, changing the backend to Pulse(Linux only), and limiting the framerate by audio fixed them for me.

What are your PC specs? Can you get other games to run fine?

The Dolphin wiki suggests setting the sound backend to "XAudio2" if you have sound problems. I was having audio problems as well, but setting the audio to DSP-LLE, changing the backend to Pulse(Linux only), and limiting the framerate by audio fixed them for me.

What are your PC specs? Can you get other games to run fine?

My audio was set to XAudio2, and I limited the framerate to the audio. However, I had my audio set to DSP-HLE instead of DSP-LLE. I have a 64-bit operating system with an Intel Core i3-2120 CPU processor on a Gateway computer. I can run other games such as Team Fortress 2 just fine on Medium-High settings, however I need to run Dolphin on the lowest settings possible to run the game at a bearable FPS. However, on Chapter 6 I can't run it properly.

I work in IT so I can possibly help out on the hardware side of things and as for the whole Dolphin settings if you could paste those that would also probably help as I'll compare them to what I have.

General: Enable Dual Core, Idle Skipping, Cheats/ Framelimit Audio by FPS/ JIT Recompiler

Audio: DSP HLE, XAudio2

General: Direct3D, Auto, Auto, Use Fullscreen

Enhancements: 1x Native (640x528), None, 1x

Hacks: Skip EFB Access from CPU, Ignore Format Changes, EFB Copies Disabled, Fast Texture Cache, External Frame Buffer Disabled, Cache Display Lists, OpenMP Texture Decoder, Fast Depth Calculation

Advanced: Crop

Properties: Enable DualCore, Enable Idleskipping, Enable MMU, MMU Speed Hack, VBeam Speed Hack, Synchronize GPU Thread, DSP HLE emulation

Those are my settings in Dolphin, if that helps any. I used these exact same settings in the previous chapter with no issues whatsoever.

• 2 years later...

Im using Dolphin 5.0-rc-1, and tested in 4.0-9115. Still I keep getting error at the start of Chapter 6. I don't know if that is the latest version. Also I read the Radiant Dawn post in Dolphin forums.

Thanks

(Sorry for the necro)

Edited by Rhein