Why do people like amelia?

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like how we can see through her how the average Grado citizens sees the war. How they coop the fact that their beloved ruler is attacking longstanding and loyal allies and friends.

She shows that you don't need to be evil in order to find excuses that leaves your own country as the good guys, despite all the evidence to the contrary.

Her character never deals with the difficulty of having to fight against your own countrymen and family but we have already Duessel for that. So I don't think that it's too much of a waste.

Though, i do wish her character wasn't quite as cartoonish. But it's not too bad.

But of course she totally blows as a unit.

Edited by BrightBow

Worse than Seth in everything beside Spd and maybe skill.

LOLOLOLOL

Yes. Her growths are bad. The reason she tends to be good when grinded is the 10 extra level ups (30 if compared to Seth) rather than the growths. Obviously not worthy the effort.

I really like her personality, but as a unit she sucks, without a doubt.

Edited by Nobody

Amelia's paladin sprite is awesome AND her CON (s, works too!) is way less dumb than Isadora's. Plus, blonde paladins are the best paladins.

• 3 weeks later...

It is recomended to make her a knight so she gets some defense and u don't need to baby her as much and make her a better unit as u can then promo to great knight or general

It is recomended to make her a knight so she gets some defense and u don't need to baby her as much and make her a better unit as u can then promo to great knight or general

You need to baby her 4 mov a lot, if you intend on getting her any levels at all.

You have to feed Cavalier Amelia just as many kills, and the payoff for General is better.

Only Difference is that Cav!Amelia can rush in with your 4 other horsemen and 2-3 fliers, while knight Amelia either isn't making it to the combat or is.slowing your entire army down.

Though in minmaxing, General Amelia is widely regarded as superior, she requires more help in training. Hence my point.

An inferior sword master/berserker?

@elieson I realise that, but if we have 6 mounts all better than cavamelia, what's the point in babying her? The only objective reason to use Amelia is if you're min maxing. (Or drafts)

I like using Amelia and the other recruits. They're fun to baby up but aside from, arguably, Ross, they're all really bad and not worth the effort. Ross is only good because he joins so early and it's very easy (and efficient, for those who care) to train him.

No. Just... No. Putting up with two tiers' worth of 4 move and lancelock is not worth it.

You have to feed Cavalier Amelia just as many kills, and the payoff for General is better.

Not so much better as to make up for the extra effort it takes to raise Knight!Amelia. Particularly on Eirika's route, where the first chapter after her joining has a lot of axe users.

Edited by Levant Fortner