Why do people like amelia?

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pretty sure base Duessel gets doubled with Garm and wrecked too.

EDIT Wait no, I'm wrong.

Edited by Refa

People like her personality and character, they like the flexibility her class choices offer, and if trained she comes out pretty solid too. Since a lot of people don't play by tier standards or try for LTC her difficult start is less of an issue. Remember 'like' is not an objective measurement. I like Elincia in PoR. I like her character, that she's a flying healer, and the infinite-use brave sword she gets. That doesn't mean she's a great unit, but that I like her.

I like Amelia, both as a character and as a unit (The later being shocking to some) - Heck, I like using all three of the trainees. Yes, she joins late, but you have the Tower of Valni (spelling may be iffy?) to level her up so that she catches up. I often make her into a General, mainly because I want variety in my army- I don't want an army of 800+ paladins or Something like that- but also because the class is cool. I love grinding all of my units- I have a file where all the units are at lvl 20 promoted.... And character wise... She is just cool. :)

I'm ruthlessly casual, and from an objective standpoint, Amelia is tedious to get going even in casual play and won't offer good enough returns during the main game. Postgame is her best bet, but all things considered she's almost better in drafts since the lack of competition and the trainee clause really help her out.

No idea about Amelia in Draft. Even with the 10/1/-- after recruitment I feel like she suffers a ton. The only class I would put on her for draft would be Cavalier, and Kyle, Forde, Franz, Seth, Vanessa all pretty much beat her by a lot by the time she comes around. I really do not see a way to utilize her apart from say another mounted unit if you did not get another one from another unit like Gerik or Neimi.

People like her personality and character, they like the flexibility her class choices offer, and if trained she comes out pretty solid too. Since a lot of people don't play by tier standards or try for LTC her difficult start is less of an issue. Remember 'like' is not an objective measurement. I like Elincia in PoR. I like her character, that she's a flying healer, and the infinite-use brave sword she gets. That doesn't mean she's a great unit, but that I like her.

I think the problem with Amelia (outside of slowing you down since you said the people who don't care about tiers or LTC) is that she has 4 move and I'm assuming terribad accuracy with javelins. In other words, it takes a LOT of work to safely level her because her move and needing 1 range weapons to hit stuff means she's easily inside enemy range each time you position her to kill next turn. You have to guard her like crazy. And it's not just 5 to 10 levels like Nino or something, it's for a long long time. Tower of Valni doesn't even save this because even though it means you can get her exp without continuing the story, you still have to protect her for 20+ levels before she can do anything. Nino had 6 move and reasonably accurate weapons with 1-2 range. I can see the Nino love because leveling her is easy enough (even without a Tower of Valni) but I don't understand Amelia love.

I like Amelia, both as a character and as a unit (The later being shocking to some) - Heck, I like using all three of the trainees. Yes, she joins late, but you have the Tower of Valni (spelling may be iffy?) to level her up so that she catches up. I often make her into a General, mainly because I want variety in my army- I don't want an army of 800+ paladins or Something like that- but also because the class is cool. I love grinding all of my units- I have a file where all the units are at lvl 20 promoted.... And character wise... She is just cool. :)

I've never understood the "catch up" game. In your case, everyone reaches 20/20 so it's not so bad, but other people have 20/5 units and say they can "catch up" a unit to 20/5 and I say "and that effort could have gotten your other chars to 20/10 or more."

I think the problem with Amelia (outside of slowing you down since you said the people who don't care about tiers or LTC) is that she has 4 move and I'm assuming terribad accuracy with javelins. In other words, it takes a LOT of work to safely level her because her move and needing 1 range weapons to hit stuff means she's easily inside enemy range each time you position her to kill next turn. You have to guard her like crazy. And it's not just 5 to 10 levels like Nino or something, it's for a long long time. Tower of Valni doesn't even save this because even though it means you can get her exp without continuing the story, you still have to protect her for 20+ levels before she can do anything. Nino had 6 move and reasonably accurate weapons with 1-2 range. I can see the Nino love because leveling her is easy enough (even without a Tower of Valni) but I don't understand Amelia love.

Hmmm. Personally, I don't understand Nino love either, mainly because it ain't like FE7 has strong enemies that can handily survive your wrath by the time Nino comes along. It doesn't help that 28x is irritating as fuck to try to devote to being a Nino training ground.

Hmmm. Personally, I don't understand Nino love either, mainly because it ain't like FE7 has strong enemies that can handily survive your wrath by the time Nino comes along. It doesn't help that 28x is irritating as fuck to try to devote to being a Nino training ground.

It's fairly easy to train Nino a bit in 28x, though.

The pirate reinforcements at the top of the chapter are manageable for her to solo.

I've never understood the "catch up" game. In your case, everyone reaches 20/20 so it's not so bad, but other people have 20/5 units and say they can "catch up" a unit to 20/5 and I say "and that effort could have gotten your other chars to 20/10 or more."

I wanted to get everyone up to level 20/20- Each individual unit has their own strengths and weaknesses- E.g. Is having a fast unit that has a low attack and low HP (such as Joshua or Colm) useful if the enemy has a very high defense and attack? That's why Amelia can be useful- she fills that gap by having a good defense and attack, as well as being a fast unit. And it's not that hard really to grind a unit in the tower of Valni- I had to give her one stat booster, but she made it through without dying, Actually- Seth died more times when I use him then when I use Amelia (personal experience)

It's fairly easy to train Nino a bit in 28x, though.

The pirate reinforcements at the top of the chapter are manageable for her to solo.

Still, that doesn't change the fact that 28x is a far-from-ideal chapter to try to catch someone up.

• 3 weeks later...

Personally, I believe it is because of how fast she can move in knight armor. My Knight Amelia almost never gets hit, and can take a few, so she outranks Gilliam, but no one will ever compare to Oswin, so that is a reason she is hated on potentially.

• 1 month later...

Because having a teenage girl stomp around in heavy armor impaling things on her rocket spear is comedy gold. Also, she has some pretty good supports.

If you don't like using trainies or are ant-grind? Probably not your speed. Ultimately comes down to personal preference.

• 2 weeks later...

I love Amelia, sure she has low starting stats and low growths, but she has ten extra levels to make up for the low stats. Low growths don't mean a thing when you can easily manipulate the PRNG. Amelia will easily surpass Seth (who is overrated IMO) if you play correctly.

Seth as a xx/20 Paladin
c61b91b8441b2ef8fa8d347243b6cdc0.png
a08d6f37a06580dc0e0453f38e3a08ec.png
**Seth's con = 11

Amelia as a 10/20/20 Paladin
c61b91b8441b2ef8fa8d347243b6cdc0.png
f23baeb84ca369c0659e9a82f2cfbd5f.png
**Amelia's con = 9

so I could spend my time grinding out 47 levels on Amelia for a character that's weighed down by every lance in the game. It's a questionable investment, that's for sure.

Seth xx/20		Amelia 10/20/20
+5 Aid			+3 Crit
+1 HP			+6 Accuracy
+2 Def			+12 Avoid* (not Staff Avoid) *If not weighed down, up to +4 additional avoid
+3 Str			+12 Crit Evade
2 Insta-A Ranks		Realistically, only +2 Attack Speed
			Weighed down by all lances except Slim/Iron/Killer/DragonSpear
			Weighed down by Steel/Brave/Zanbato/Armorslayer

Does Amelia really surpass Seth, if played properly? Look at this game; when's the last time you actually missed with one of your units when a measily 6 accuracy would've ensured success? Amelia needs 15 levels to match Seth's Base speed, and by the time she joins your team, you're halfway through the game. Keep in mind that at this point, she's still a Cavalier, which means her CON is only 9 (and she gains 0 Con when promoting to Paladin), meaning that her attack speed will be lower than Seth's whenever she picks up a Javelin or Steel anything (check above). That means she needs to be level 10/13 [meaning, she has to gain 21 levels] to match Seth's base speed with just a Javelin, one of the most important weapons in the game. And at this point, how hard is she hitting with it? -2 Damage compared to Base level Seth. She's also got -2 Defense and -9 HP at this point, and finally tied Seth for Res by about now.

If you're playing right, shouldn't things be easy?

Let's continue.

89553c2617129931525ee8124bf98cad.png

As you can see, Seth's growths beat out Amelia's in every stat (except Luk). So what if Amelia has an extra 28 levels over Seth. You can see by my math above that it'll still take that much effort just to have a unit that's as fast as Seth with the absolute simplest of 1~2 range weaponry (not even counting Durability).

Elieson, you have to remember, Seth is a Jagenand must be benched as soon as class selection pops up. DUH

Seth as a xx/20 Paladinc61b91b8441b2ef8fa8d347243b6cdc0.pnga08d6f37a06580dc0e0453f38e3a08ec.png

**Seth's con = 11

Amelia as a 10/20/20 Paladinc61b91b8441b2ef8fa8d347243b6cdc0.pngf23baeb84ca369c0659e9a82f2cfbd5f.png

**Amelia's con = 9

so I could spend my time grinding out 47 levels on Amelia for a character that's weighed down by every lance in the game. It's a questionable investment, that's for sure.

Seth xx/20		Amelia 10/20/20+5 Aid			+3 Crit+1 HP			+6 Accuracy+2 Def			+12 Avoid* (not Staff Avoid) *If not weighed down, up to +4 additional avoid+3 Str			+12 Crit Evade2 Insta-A Ranks		Realistically, only +2 Attack Speed			Weighed down by all lances except Slim/Iron/Killer/DragonSpear			Weighed down by Steel/Brave/Zanbato/Armorslayer
Does Amelia really surpass Seth, if played properly? Look at this game; when's the last time you actually missed with one of your units when a measily 6 accuracy would've ensured success? Amelia needs 15 levels to match Seth's Base speed, and by the time she joins your team, you're halfway through the game. Keep in mind that at this point, she's still a Cavalier, which means her CON is only 9 (and she gains 0 Con when promoting to Paladin), meaning that her attack speed will be lower than Seth's whenever she picks up a Javelin or Steel anything (check above). That means she needs to be level 10/13 [meaning, she has to gain 21 levels] to match Seth's base speed with just a Javelin, one of the most important weapons in the game. And at this point, how hard is she hitting with it? -2 Damage compared to Base level Seth. She's also got -2 Defense and -9 HP at this point, and finally tied Seth for Res by about now.

If you're playing right, shouldn't things be easy?

Let's continue.

89553c2617129931525ee8124bf98cad.png

As you can see, Seth's growths beat out Amelia's in every stat (except Luk). So what if Amelia has an extra 28 levels over Seth. You can see by my math above that it'll still take that much effort just to have a unit that's as fast as Seth with the absolute simplest of 1~2 range weaponry (not even counting Durability).

GROWTHS DON'T MATTER

By manipulating the RNG, you can always get perfect level ups, regardless of your character's growths. Since Amelia has so many level ups and levels up incredibly quickly, she will quickly surpass Seth.

Edited by Valzy

GROWTHS DON'T MATTER

By manipulating the RNG, you can always get perfect level ups, regardless of your character's growths. Since Amelia has so many level ups and levels up increiably quickly, she will quickly surpass Seth.

If+you+ve+ever+watched+Winnie+the+Pooh+T

Seth has higher bases! He needs fewer Perfect Levelups to achieve perfection!

And his Con is higher by default, so Amelia will always be slower than Seth!

RIGGING UNLIMITED CASH AND STATBOOSTERS? HAVE FUN RAISING AMELIA'S AID BY 5 [Can't be done]

If you can always get perfect level ups wouldn't you want to use characters with higher bases...?

Her low bases are compensated by her Trainee class, giving her 9 extra levels and an extra promotion. She's not the best character, but I find her pretty good and I love her artwork. Of course, if you don't manipulate your level ups or love to grind, she probably isn't that spectacular.

If+you+ve+ever+watched+Winnie+the+Pooh+T

Seth has higher bases! He needs fewer Perfect Levelups to achieve perfection!

And his Con is higher by default, so Amelia will always be slower than Seth!

RIGGING UNLIMITED CASH AND STATBOOSTERS? HAVE FUN RAISING AMELIA'S AID BY 5 [Can't be done]

Except that it takes FOREVER to level up Seth, I didn't use him after my 1st playhrough Edited by Valzy

GROWTHS DON'T MATTER

By manipulating the RNG, you can always get perfect level ups, regardless of your character's growths. Since Amelia has so many level ups and levels up incredibly quickly, she will quickly surpass Seth.

Lol

What contradictory logic. If we're going so far as to rng abuse for perfect level ups, wouldn't Seth be better off?