Why do people like amelia?

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It takes the same amount of time to level up Amelia and Seth when they're both Paladins. Seth starts as a Paladin sooner than Amelia, so even if he only gets boss kills or fuck just 3EXP he's already ahead of Amelia by the time she promotes which means that he levels faster.

Seth has a Str Cap of 25 (Amelia has 23), and the rest of their caps are only +/- 1 from eachother (except Luk and HP of course). Amelia may have +1 Speed over Seth, but Seth's got +2 Con, which means that even when both of them max their speed and equip a Javelin or better weapon, Seth is still faster!

5srUwBj.png

Edited by Sara.

it's not uncommon for seth to be the second highest leveled unit on the team, behind franz. and by this i mean seth's promoted level compared to everyone else's unpromoted level. he levels up very quickly contingent on taking all of the bosskills, which should go to him anyway even from the scrub perspective because a lot of EXP is "wasted" by giving the bosskill to unpromoted units.

plus, if one is going to make the assumption that RNG manipulation is fair game, he should at least attempt to be consistent in applying that assumption.

It takes the same amount of time to level up Amelia and Seth when they're both Paladins. Seth starts as a Paladin sooner than Amelia, so even if he only gets boss kills or fuck just 3EXP he's already ahead of Amelia by the time she promotes which means that he levels faster.

Except that Seth starts out with 30/14/13/12/13/11/8 stats, while Amelia has 45/21/21/22/30/21/22 stats as a level 1 Paladin and unlike Seth, can max all of her stats including HP by leveling up. Edited by Valzy

Chapter 8 and 9a have Angelic Robes that Seth can easily access. Seth caps all of his non-HP stats at lv18, Amelia needs to not only gain her 9 levels from Recruit->Cavalier, but needs to gain an additional 9 levels to promote, and at that point, she still has to gain 10 more levels to cap her Luk stat as a Paladin. Also, after 28 levels, Amelia has gained 30 HP, putting her at 46 HP after promotion bonuses. Seth, after 17 levels, has reached 48 HP

17 is smaller than 28

Edited by Sara.

You can give Angelic Robes to Amelia too, though. That's not really a valid counter (and you can't say "Seth makes better use of them" because if you were playing optimally you wouldn't even be using Amelia in the first place).

Edited by Refa

Well ignoring Angelic Robes, the argument still stands, that Amelia needs 10 levels as a Paladin regardless, in order to cap Luk, after spending 18 RNG-abused Perfection Levels just getting to 10/10 for promotion. Seth needs merely 17 levels to cap all his Non-HP stats.

Oh wait she also needs a Knight Crest (something Seth doesn't).

Edit

I'm wrong, she needs 9+9+6 Levels, because I forgot Tier-1 units cap luk at 30. her skill though, is 21 at Promotion, and she needs 6 levels as a Paladin to cap that

Edited by Sara.

After my hardcore derp, I realize that i meant to say that 17 is smaller than 24 in terms of capping non-HP stats.

HOWEVER

Angelic Robes aside, this means that Seth has 47 HP while Amelia has 42 at this point. Therefore, Amelia needs to spend 14 levels as a Cavalier, prior to promoting to Paladin, in order to Cap all of her stats. Meaning that Seth has 47 HP when all of his non-HP stats are capped, while Amelia has has 46 HP when all of her non-HP stats are capped.

So she still needs that additional 4 levels to cap her HP, as Valzy indicates. That's 9+13+20 Levels for Amelia to cap her stats, or 42 Levels that you need to grind out Amelia for. If you want to say "why sandbag one, compare them otherwise capping stats that put them at identical HP ranges", then like I said above:

Seth caps every non-HP stat after 17 levels of investment, resulting in Seth having 47 HP at this time.

Amelia caps every non-HP stat after 9+14+6 levels of investment, resulting in Amelia having 47 HP at this time.

17 is smaller than 29

Edited by Sara.

Just trying to say she's not as horrible as people think. Sure, she needs a lot of levels, but when you recruit her, she levels up extremely quickly and tbh, is it really that hard to grind in FE? Personally, I prefer her as a General instead of a Paladin since there are already so many good choice for Paladin. Overall, Amelia probably my 2nd favorite character after Lute.

The reason that she's as horrible as people think isn't because you can't level grind her. The reason is that she requires so many resources in the first place.

She has 4 mov at the time you recruit her, and 16 HP/2Def. 4 Speed means that she's doubled my many threats, so you have to be more tedious in getting her the experience that she needs, as well as slowing down to give it to her. If you feed her your statboosters to catch her up, why can't you just give Statboosters to your already-good units and just make your day easier by reducing necessary effort?

Putting it this way, Moulder, your first Cleric, is more durable than Amelia. Natasha, your second cleric, is also more durable than Amelia. They have more HP and are faster than her. They also aren't weighed down by their equipment. She starts the game with the second lowest base Speed (+1 over Ross), but Ross has something like 7 chapters to gain levels against enemies that he can adequetly keep up with smacking with his 2-range Hatchet.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not telling you to not like her, I'm just saying that the amount of work required to have Amelia surpass Seth is immense, and you'll be spending the rest of your life working out a situation where you get something like 27 consecutive Perfect Levelups

Edited by Sara.

The reason that she's as horrible as people think isn't because you can't level grind her. The reason is that she requires so many resources in the first place.

She has 4 mov at the time you recruit her, and 16 HP/2Def. 4 Speed means that she's doubled my many threats, so you have to be more tedious in getting her the experience that she needs, as well as slowing down to give it to her. If you feed her your statboosters to catch her up, why can't you just give Statboosters to your already-good units and just make your day easier by reducing necessary effort?

Putting it this way, Moulder, your first Cleric, is more durable than Amelia. Natasha, your second cleric, is also more durable than Amelia. They have more HP and are faster than her. They also aren't weighed down by their equipment. She starts the game with the second lowest base Speed (+1 over Ross), but Ross has something like 7 chapters to gain levels against enemies that he can adequetly keep up with smacking with his 2-range Hatchet.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not telling you to not like her, I'm just saying that the amount of work required to have Amelia surpass Seth is immense, and you'll be spending the rest of your life working out a situation where you get something like 27 consecutive Perfect Levelups

I mainly play Creature Campaign, so I spend a ton of time maxing my characters. If I remember correctly, female General's max stats are higher than male Paladin's and it can use Axes, Lances, Swords and Dark Magic, while Paladin can only use Swords, Lances and Dark Magic, which is why IMO Amelia>Seth.

Just trying to say she's not as horrible as people think. Sure, she needs a lot of levels, but when you recruit her, she levels up extremely quickly and tbh, is it really that hard to grind in FE? Personally, I prefer her as a General instead of a Paladin since there are already so many good choice for Paladin. Overall, Amelia probably my 2nd favorite character after Lute.

Still, you shouldn't be applying double standards just to try to argue her as being better than Seth.

She's got better stats and an extra weapon type, I wouldn't call that negligible.

Well, I would when she has to consign herself to lol5mov for those.

TBH considering you can cap-ram everything in CC you're pretty much just arguing if a certain class is better than another, without factoring in supports.

So yeah, Amelia does come out better, but as far as main-game (and the fact that you don't have unlimited resources in said main-game) is concerned, Seth > Amelia. By a large margin too, considering Seth is pretty much MVP for the 9 maps before Amelia (except for maybe chapter 7's Vanessa rescueskipping), and will still continue to be MVP until Vanessa/Franz etc get their promotions.

Amelia in the meantime needs resources to be as good as Seth. Seth doesn't need resources to get out of his phase of failure (if he even has one).