Let's continue to run through LONG LIVE THE QUEEN: ELODIE II, ARISE

Integrity

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Since skills are hardcapped at 50 until you get both the other skills in their small group to 25, please to be holding off on anymore falcons for a bit.

Tell her her father smelt of elderberries and her brother is a hamster.

Train Reflexes to 30

Train Court Manners (unless your mood penalizes you, I can't recall at the moment, gosh I am so bad at this game. If your mood penalizes you train in Trade or Production. Failing that, Dogs, I guess.)

Play Sports on the weekend. (Failing that, Talk with your Father.)

hear her out, raise novan history and flattery, and talk to dad if possible. we're all but totally in the dark here, we need some context for our petty provincial intrigues

hear her out, raise novan history and flattery, and talk to dad if possible. we're all but totally in the dark here, we need some context for our petty provincial intrigues

*complains we need info on intrigues, doesn't suggest learning any skills in the intrigue tree*

my sides.

(just kidding man, novan history is always a good choice, and flattery is def useful)

that was gonna be my next suggestion :{ only problem is we're like a newborn, here, for all we can tell we might not even have basic knowledge of our own country's political situation. we got shit we gotta learn before we can even know the context of our enemy, namsayin

(and we could at the very least use a basic defense mechanism for rubbing elbows with the people probably trying to kill us)

*clears throat*

Looking towards the near future: It ought to have become all the more abundantly obvious with the snake, if it wasn't already with Her Majesty the Queen abruptly dying, that our Lady has enemies under her nose. And when we know we have an enemy, but do not ourselves know that enemy, our first priority to protect our Fair Lady must of course be to come to know our enemy. With this prerogative at the forefront of the minds of Her Ladyship's cabinet, I suggest that in the short term our efforts be split between internal affairs and related domestic knowledge-gathering, and to rounding our Her Ladyship's awareness of the things most likely to kill her, so that she does not meet such an ignoble end as choking on a poisoned pastry.

(#votepoison)

Edited by Rehab

Vote says hear her out!

SIJAecT.png

nV7H1Lt.png: What do you want to say?

YS0L0gz.png: It is the responsibility of the king or queen of Nova to handle magical energies to protect the domain.

YS0L0gz.png: That is what a Lumen does - what your mother did, and what I do.

nV7H1Lt.png: My father said it was your fault she died!

YS0L0gz.png: What he said was that she died by magic. Being a Lumen is never safe. We pay a high price for our powers.

YS0L0gz.png: But without a Lumen queen, this entire domain is at risk.

YS0L0gz.png: Release me, and I will teach you what you need to know to keep your responsibilities.

(Lore test failed!)

Here there's a CHOICE to release her or to refuse to release her. If we weren't going to release her, we would have taunted her, in my opinion.

nV7H1Lt.png: I don't have any choice, do I?

nV7H1Lt.png: Fine. I'll have the guards release you.

YS0L0gz.png: Come to me in my rooms as soon as you can to begin your training.

(+1 Pressured!)

OK being Depressed pushes it to where we learn zero point one three Flattery per week. Dogs and Reflexes it is!

Dogs 10: You visit the kennels and learn about different breeds of dogs.

Reflexes 30: You practice solo tennis, hitting a ball against the wall repeatedly in order to train your hand and your eye to react.

You may now play Sports on the weekends! (fixed +1 Angry, -1 Loneliness if we're lonely to begin with)

We can also visit Julianna, Duchess Ursul, for PLOT STUFF.

We attend court, for because.

nV7H1Lt.png: The castle seems quieter with Charlotte and Emry and Zahra and their parents gone.

nV7H1Lt.png: It's certainly not empty, though. It seems like we get more servants every day.

Next week, Archery and Dogs. I'm being sort of arbitrary, since everybody voted for Flattery and I can't Flattery.

Dogs 20: You learn about dog grooming and the most common diseases and injuries that dogs suffer from.

Dogs 30: You learn the standard commands for working with trained hunting dogs and retrievers.

Archery 10: You learn how to twist and wax bowstring from a variety of fibers.

BacUWsV.png

RGeSjkj.png

Alice, a maid. That's pretty much it.

nV7H1Lt.png: We have a Duke of Sedna?

(Foreign intelligence, foreign affairs tests failed)

KHB07Sn.png: ... No, my Lady. The duchy of Sedna is in Talasse.

KHB07Sn.png: They have brought you a letter, and a gift.

nV7H1Lt.png: 'Condolences on the death of', 'deeply regret', 'best wishes'...

nV7H1Lt.png: Oh! What a beautiful necklace!

(Court manners test failed, +1 Cheerful!)

nV7H1Lt.png: Something sparkly will make me feel better.

Attended the service on the weekend, just to get a little out of this depression slump in case you guys want some Flattery later. Doublefisted Flattery for now, since we're not depressed anymore.

Flattery 10: You learn that it's important to make eye contact when saying nice things about someone. it took us a week to learn this???

Flattery 20: You learn that flattering comments have the best impact when kept short. Gushing makes people feel awkward.

Xr3z5uB.png

I, um, I don't think I ever saw her on my other two plays so far. So, it's a chick? That's all I got.

nV7H1Lt.png: What is it?

O6HSubo.png: You have many questions, and the answers are within your grasp. You need only choose to seek them.

O6HSubo.png: Speak to the Duchess of Ursul. She will guide you on your path.

What a fun conversation. Sports on the weekend.

RRAMeow.png

And here's where we are. Pretty nice place, I guess, but it's time to explain skills a bit further.

See, once a skill hits 50, you can't raise it any further until you raise all skills in its category to at least 25. So look at Animal Handling: we've got one more day of Falconry and one of Dogs before they run into or really close to 50. To raise that cap, we need to put a day or two into Horse to get it to at least 25, at which point the cap for Horses, Dogs, and Falcons all raise to 100. If anybody votes for a skill that's in the upper-thirties and it wins my arbitrary pickings, the pick will get shuffled to another skill in the group at my discretion.

By the way, we can't train Lumen skills until we do Julianna's quest line. Organize more votes! Bold your votes so I can see them, rehab.

Oh yeah, bonus content.

TAUNT HER.

nV7H1Lt.png: Having fun in here? Are the rats being good company? Because you're never leaving.

You flick your fingernail against the metal bars to remind her of her place.

nV7H1Lt.png: Eek!

(+1 Afraid!)

For a moment, the ground seemed to tremble. Was that an earthquake?

You're not sure, but you think you'd rather not be in the dungeons right now.

Weak, imo.

Train in Elegance and Presence. There's some royal functions coming up it would be wise to be prepared for. Also, Yielding is a pretty good spot to be in, early game, imo. Do an activity that maintains it. Like, the first few Juliana plot segments.

Bought this game today on flash sale.

LONG LIVE QUEEN ELODIE.

One of us, one of us!

(still puzzling out how to get his last two achievements...)

Edited by Balcerzak

This game is so great :D

Some time ago one of my friends bought it and i was pretty interrested after i watched the trailer, so i watched a 5 hour playthough of it ^^

And I finally got it on the falsh sale today!

Oh and yeah picking up some Royal Demeanor or History skills (novan history!) would be good.
Nah scratch that, and be a typical 14 year old princess and play with horses!

And visit Juliana.

Btw does anyone know simillar games?

Like the great Kingdom of Wu in the three kingdoms era. We need to maintain some sort of naval supremacy. Look at the battle of Chibi! Or Red Cliffs as its also known

Naval Strategy

As well we must refine ourselves more in archery. Just in case we have to see combat.

Archery

I still don't have this game I am just going with my gut on these :P

Code for bold isn't working for me ;/

Edited by Balcerzak

Btw does anyone know simillar games?

Marthur made a game based of the FE4Thread, called NTGMaker. There's the games in the Princess Maker series: 2 was translated to English, but caught up in licensing tangles before being released. It's not technically legal to acquire the translation, as far as I know, but that never stopped the internet. I think I heard that 4 was or is being translated, but I've never looked into it. While I have had great experiences and enjoyment with he sim/raising subgenre, I've just never given it the fair effort of investigation it deserves, frankly. Obviously, these recommendations are based on the gameplay aspect, not the unique brand of humor or storytelling you'll see in LLTQ. Edited by Balcerzak

Let us take a stroll in the gardens, to humiliate our favourite handmaiden with anecdotes of the infidelity of the court.

Let us then train in Flattery, for our progress was stalled, and Court Manners, that we may know how best to defy them in order to deliver calculated insults.

Decided to buy it, since it was only five, and have clocked in twelve deaths and five hours. I don't know whether to thank or curse you for it.

You could always go the middle ground.

"I damn yet thank ye for this righteous game dude"

Court manners and poison. You know what happens at balls, dontcha

You'll all have plenty of time to push your queer* hobbits habits on our lady soon enough, we need her inured to (and therefore safe from) danger! (macro/diplomatic danger, and micro/personal danger, respectively)

*archaic usage

You could always go the middle ground.

"I damn yet thank ye for this righteous game dude"

Probably this. >< It's fun, but frustrating at the same time.

This game is so great. I ended up buying it with the Steam sale also and have been playing it pretty hardcore. The best part about it is that my little tablet PC can run it no problem (a rarity considering how RAM and CPU starved it is after running the OS) so I can take it with me to the library or something while I wait around.

A Court Manners and a Flattery to open the update.

Court Manners 10: You review the correct greetings for guests according to rank and when to extend your hand to another. All nobles expect their due honors. fuck that my nobles can't even expect to not be executed

Flattery 30: You learn that it is always better to compliment people for their personality and their choices rather than their personal attributes. why do these things take me a whole week to learn

After that a SCENE ENSUES

>As you are walking up the stairs, a maid comes running down holding a towering pile of linen.

(Elegance test failed!)

(Reflexes test passed!)

>You swiftly step aside and let her pass.

That's one thing I like, sometimes failing a test reveals an alternate test that you can also fail. Or succeed, in this case. Also, that was the whole scene. We take a walk in the gardens to clear our head before starting the Julianna arc. Carrying on, Court Manners and Poison. I was going to do Archery but eat shit and learn to read Jedi we have like a minus a billion to Weaponry right now.

Poison 10: The first treatment for most ingested poisons is to purge the stomach by forcing the victim to eat powdered charcoal, which can absorb dangerous substances. ouch

Court Manners 20: As the person of highest rank within the domain, no one may sit at any formal event unless you give them permission, and no one must ever turn their back on you. If they do, you are intended to recognize the insult. incidentally none of these are copied to log.html, I have to transcribe them by hand.

P4VkuEB.png

hbc4buD.png: Remember, the treasury is not unlimited. If you choose to invest, you will have less money to work with later.

I don't actually know if he's full of shit or not. The treasury probably isn't unlimited, but I've never lived long enough to spend enough to see.

:):: Your Royal Highness, I have a plan to print books using metal letters which can be moved and reused.

This is Man. He has no portrait.

:):: I need to borrow 875 lassi to assemble the metal and a factory to mold and cast the type.

Isn't that the plural of 'lasso'?

:):: With this system, we will be able to create new books in a fraction of the time it takes now, and make copies to send all over the world.

nV7H1Lt.png: (I don't know much about factories or trade. Would that really be worthwhile?)

(Production+Trade test failed! Books suck anyway!)

nV7H1Lt.png: We are not interested.

There's a similar scene later (in place of this?) that's about hospitals. The failure dialogue is fucking hilarious. Anyway, let's go see Julianna.

nV7H1Lt.png: What is it you wanted to teach me?

YS0L0gz.png: First, I need to know if you have your mother's crystal.

nV7H1Lt.png: What crystal?

YS0L0gz.png: The source of power for any Lumen is a particular magical crystal. Once you've bonded with it, it becomes a part of you as long as you live.

YS0L0gz.png: The Royal Crystal has been passed down from ruler to ruler for generations. It belongs to you, now - except that the King may be keeping it from you.

(he is)

nV7H1Lt.png: Do you have a crystal?

YS0L0gz.png: Of course.

CHdrwoP.png

>You reach out to touch it, and it dissolves away into nothing.

It's shiny. I want one. Thankfully, you guys told me to get one!

nV7H1Lt.png: Oh.

YS0L0gz.png: It belongs to me. No one can take it from me until I die.

YS0L0gz.png: You need to find the crystal that belongs to you.

The scene ends ...kinda abruptly. We have to talk to Dad to get it to move again. Court Manners and Decoration ensue.

Decoration 10: You discuss the nature of beauty, looking around at landscapes, objects, and people and comparing their aesthetic elements. gaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay

Court Manners 30: You study rules for formal dining, including the proper utensils for different dishes. As the queen, no one will comment on your mistakes, but they will notice them. remember what i said about executing?

Q3Wls6r.png

Oh yeah, plot ensues. This guy is ...a guy who wants to marry us. He's therefore dangerous. I admit, though, Serenitatis is a great name for an earldom or a Christian metal band.

nV7H1Lt.png: Thank you.

C8B3N3i.png: However, I must call for your aid. The Ixionite occupation of the county of Imbrium has gone on for too long. Now is the time to push back.

nV7H1Lt.png: (I know there's been some problems with Ixion, but I don't know the details. I guess they're occupying southern Maree.)

(Foreign Affairs test failed!)

nV7H1Lt.png: (I don't know anything about the military. I don't want to fight.)

(Military test failed!)

nV7H1Lt.png: There must be a peaceful way to settle this. I will send for diplomats from Ixion and try to come to some arrangement.

C8B3N3i.png: Thank you, Your Highness.

(+1 Yielding!)

C8B3N3i.png: Your Highness, if I may ask... That necklace you're wearing. Where did it come from?

nV7H1Lt.png: It was a gift from the Duke of Sedna.

C8B3N3i.png: Then, you have made arrangements with him?

nV7H1Lt.png: (I think he's asking if I'm engaged to the Duke!)

(Court Manners test success! No shit he's asking if you're engaged!)

BQE1q5H.png

What do we tell him?! Are we thinking of marrying um fuck we haven't even met him yet? Should we tell this joker we are just to spite him? Are we 14 years old and just like jewelry? Can I spell jewelry right the first time?? You guys know the drill.

WBfIEpD.png

Here's the general lay of the land for skills right now. There's a +1 Afraid sitting in there since the best way I could equalize our mood was to take +1 Willful from the decision above and then +1 Yielding and +1 Afraid from visiting the dungeons afterwards, but affinities are generally the same probably. Do you want to ensure we won't die? Ensure we won't embarrass ourselves in court? Ensure we actually know what the fuck is going on when somebody has a proposal? Make us SUPER QUEEN ACCOUNTANT?

[spoiler=balcerzak plz][spoiler=seriously for balcerzak's eyes only]does taking juli's "drastic measures" not require us to have an accounting skill of like 80? cause that shit is messed up

Edited by Integrity

OK I apologize for somehow missing that negative to weaponry haha Screw you for calling me out :P

I think a history lesson of foreign powers may help us in situations that need the know how of how they work

Foreign Affairs

And to continue our mastery of animals I would like to recommend

Horses

If I recall a previous post you need all skills in something to a certain point to get them to be able to go higher right?

If I recall a previous post you need all skills in something to a certain point to get them to be able to go higher right?

Presently Horses, Dogs, and Falcons are all capped at 50. Once we get Horses to 25, all three will be capped at 100. Also, we'll unlock clothes.