Ninian as a Manakete (!)

Ninian

Now, know that I have no hacking skills in the slightest. BUT, if someone is willing to do it, I'd love an animation of myself as a female Sage, for the last couple chapters. If you want something in exchange, I can write at an above-average level, so if the creator wants some writing for a hack, I could provide it. I have some ideas already for my class:

Ninian

Class: Dragoness (or Sage, whichever you want)

Dragoness: A woman who can use magic and staves to unleash her powers.

Usable weapons: Light, Anima, Staves

Can Dance

Ninian: A young woman with the ability to channel her Ice Dragon powers to use as magic. Loves Eliwood and Nils.

Recruitment Chapter: Final, or 27. (so I can kick Limstella's butt)

And maybe, if this takes off, then maybe this could be a place to post sprite ideas. Hey, you never know!

Edit: Adjusted for what seems to be the direction it's going in.

Edited by Ninian

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

While you're ahead of the curve in actually offering things in return (so many people have not even gotten that far... though maybe an example of your 'above-average' writing might be in order), to my knowledge manaketes/dragonstones simply cannot be inserted into FE7. There's just not the framework, unless something drastic has changed in the last, like, couple months. Custom spell animations are really difficult, but are at least possible.

I refuse to address you as a video game character.

I'd love it. I know it'd be hard, and all, but...we'll see what happens.

Polydeuces, basically, yes, although with dancing too, so a late recruitment time is justified. (Bramimond really used his energy on this one)

Garland and Roy, you guys are awesome.

Parrhesia...1, if it's not doable, (although I hope it is) then I would settle for a Sage with dancing, and 2, you must address me as a fourth-wall-breaking video game character. Roy, can you explain?

BUT, I have ideas,

almost everyone has ideas so no offense but this is worth absolutely nothing in a lot of people's minds.

I also consider having someone write for me more of a privilege than them doing a favor unless they can read my mind and have such absolutely amazing writing that mine looks like total **** in comparison (after all everyone has different styles, ways of doing things, preferences, etc., and a lot of people don't want other people doing the "fun" part of writing the scripts for them, so the # of people who would value you writing for them is relatively low, I imagine)

tl;dr hardcore and blunt pessimism and I don't see why anyone would do this given the daunting nature of the task :|

Edited by Blazer

Thank you, Blazer. We always could use more pessimists ruining peoples' hopes. At least be a LITTLE supportive, or just follow the Golden Rule. I know it's daunting, but understand that I actually had hopes for this, and you ran them into the ground. Also...don't insult my writing. I don't see you working on writing so much. NOW I get why Kelik isn't the motivator.

It'd be relatively simple if you're fine with not having a transformation/detransformation animation otherwise there's no way. oracle of fire made an animation for ninian with staves iirc and that can used for both staves and tomes. Not difficult at all.

Thank you, Blazer. We always could use more pessimists ruining peoples' hopes. At least be a LITTLE supportive, or just follow the Golden Rule. I know it's daunting, but understand that I actually had hopes for this, and you ran them into the ground. Also...don't insult my writing. I don't see you working on writing so much. NOW I get why Kelik isn't the motivator.

Blazer's not trying to be mean he's trying to make you understand that this is an unpractical thing to do so that you don't put in a lot of effort and then be disappointed when it doesn't work out.

like I said, IF you're cool with not having the intro and outro animations for the manakete then you're golden and this can be done within 10 minutes.

EDIT: I just saw the bit about "specific anima" and "custom animations".

That's also a problem. Not impossible but much more difficult then just being able to use all anima magic and not making in spell animations

Edited by Brendor the Hungry

Well just did a little recolor of myrrh's battle animation if you can even insert it. If you choose to use it for anything I would recommend recoloring the wings as I picked a random shade of blue for you. Good luck with this because it is going to take quite a bit of work to pull off.

yU3dRtm.png

Eldinnnn, that's actually pretty good looking. Nice shades of blue.

If the Manakete idea won't work, will the other parts work? The Sacred Stones-type Sage with Dancing? Because if all else falls through, I'll take that just fine. (I'd still like a "different" sprite though, e.g., white and light blue coloring, long hair) I'd be happy. (I kinda realized the pointlessness of having only specific spells, so that goes out the window)

Sorry if I'm being greedy... :sweatdrop:

tbh i don't think anyone with the skill to do what you're asking even has a project where a writer is necessary

like of the people i can think of who could actually do everything you're asking for all of them would far rather just get paid with money

Edited by CT075

Oh, well. I figured it was better than just asking without offering something in return. Proper courtesy.

But, if someone was willing to do this for me, (and there are no doubt others that would like a similar idea) I would really appreciate it.

Oh, well. I figured it was better than just asking without offering something in return. Proper courtesy.

But, if someone was willing to do this for me, (and there are no doubt others that would like a similar idea) I would really appreciate it.

not like I'm a big name in the hack community, but I've been on SF for years, and seen dozens and dozens of request threads for this sort of thing. As blazer said, lots of people have ideas. But one thing many requesters don't seem to realize is the amount of work that goes into sprite animation and asm coding. Some things you asked for are conceptual even for SF experts, and it is really taxing on those available to make a sprite or something like this fir someone who may just vanish from SF in a month or so anyway.

I would suggest teaching yourself what you can, bringing in a product, and seeking assistance to expand on what you've already completed, rather than asking the Community to donate their time and services to you. It helps reassure us that you are really serious about what you want, and have the time to make it into something rather than letting it collect dust

How artistic are you? Apart from the transformation, I'd say the custom animations for spells and tome using dancer would be the most time-consuming parts. The rest is doable with Nightmare and the text editor part of FEditor, which is relatively quick and easy. If you can make the animations you would probably get more luck in getting others to do the hacking.

Edit: and the event assembler for making her become a PC, but that's not too hard either, at least by my experience.

Edited by Baldrick

Why don't you attempt making such a thing yourself then?

I'm going to put this bluntly. I highly doubt anyone here is going to give you what you want when you've really not attempted to try to do it yourself at all and you barely have anything to give in exchange. :X

If you really want it to happen, you can learn. Easily. If I and everyone else can learn, so can you. The hacking resources section has a lot of useful tutorials you can read, watch, or look at specifically Blazer's Ultimate Tutorial; read the whole thing and you'll be wellllll on your way to a successful hacking career :):