Ninian as a Manakete (!)

Ninian

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They just think you should do it yourself

You're the one who wants it so yeah. If you REALLY want it done, gimme the dragon sprites and the text changes and I'll do it. I could use a good writer for my project.

Animation scripting is really easy, especially with blazers tutorial that lays out the template and tells you what everything does. I understand the spriting aspect is difficult, but... eh. Practice Grab the Ice dragon frames from FE12 and color reduce and resize them.

Edited by L95

Sorry, I should have probably chosen my words a bit more carefully. I was only trying to put things into perspective a little, mainly in the perspective of the spriter or whoever is doing the work. It simply felt like you were putting weight on your skills as a writer and the fact that you have ideas and equating it to someone sacrificing their precious time to make something pretty special for you. I didn't mean to bash your skills as a writer, only to say that it's probably not a job a lot of people would value/search for--the same goes for someone of ideas, since most people have their own ideas they want to turn into reality.

What people tend to value are rare or quality talents, and money. Writing and idea-creating unfortunately aren't very sought-out talents--which is harsh but I would know, I'm chock full of ideas for projects but I know in my heart they don't mean anything unless I have some other skills to contribute to said projects. Writing is definitely a great talent but most hacks etc. don't feel pressured to have great writing and it's more difficult to prove to someone you're the person for their job as opposed to simply making awesome artwork where "as long as it looks cool" and of decent quality, people will often be satisfied lol.

And naturally, asking for something big for nothing in return usually doesn't work out--cruel, perhaps, but it's the world we live in, we can't afford to alawys sacrifice our things for others, "every man for themselves", etc... which I think you already know, so you're a step ahead of a lot of people, haha.

Anyhow, sorry and good luck.

Edited by Blazer

*shrug* I guess but like I said, I can't do intro&outro animations for the dragon, I can only do all anima spells not just some and unless you have a full frame set for the custom spell animations I can't do it I also need very specific details on what exactly you want

There was a cool set a few posts back for dragon sprites.

Brendor, would you actually be willing to do it?

The Myrrh recolor?

Well, if just a recolor is good maybe you can ask for permission to use the animation used by Morva and Myrrh in Sacred Contention, which is essentially recolored Myrrh with a different palette, like that sheet. Though, Myrrh doesn't look anything like the ice dragons in FE7 imo XD

Unless I am remembering Morva/Myrrhs animation wrong and Sacred Contention doesn't have it like I think it does

Edited by L95

I honestly think the fe6 fire dragon animation better resembles the the fe7 ice dragon and Blazer even made a fixed version of that animation

(Maybe Ninian's natural in-game palette will work and you don't even have to do a recolour. Who knows?)

(laugh) I'm loving the support that's coming in now. But I think I'll just go with an SS Sage, with dancing, (if that's possible, although Anakin from TLP is pretty much a Monk with Bard powers, so Blazer might help there) using Lute as a base. Right sprite, right class, right combat skills, wrong palette. After fixing that, I (or someone else) would then implement the former Lute (now Ninian) into the game. Question is, where should Ninian come in? Beginning of Chapter 27? (I use Eliwood's mode for reference) Taking Renault's place in that one village, with some weird scene with Bramimond? (unlikely, would have to delete Renault and he has cool starting items) Taking Nils' place in the final chapter? Or would she be summoned at the proper time, storyline-wise, and be kept in battle? Personally, I like the beginning of Chapter 27 and beginning of Final Chapter ideas, to allow for full chapter use, and battle quotes.

Nergal: Foolish girl! You've been slain once, do you wish to be slain again?

Ninian: I don't wish to be slain again. I wish to be with Eliwood and my brother.

Nergal: Fool! Do you forget who raised you as his own? The man who was as your father?

Ninian: You only did that because you took me and Nils from our mother.

Nergal: Dragon of Ice! I shall take your quintessence!

Ninian: No, Nergal. For endangering me, my brother, Eliwood, my friends, both worlds...(eye close, a blank line of text, then opened eyes) I'll make sure you're incapable of hurting anyone ever again!

Nergal: Bold last words! Face true and utter darkness!

Edited by Ninian

BEFORE using anyone else's anything, ask them, and make absolutely certain that they're cool with it! Some people do NOT take kindly to their stuff being used without permission (some of The Blind Archer's stuff comes to mind). Like anything else, start small. I started with growths, which are extremely easy thanks to the tools available (well, except the ROM; you're on your own for that, and don't ask us about where to get it). Play around and experiment with things, rather than saying "I'm no good at it". It's not easy, and I'm awful at it, but I'm not going to let that stop me! Perhaps you'll find a way to implement your idea on your own!

I think those are just implications, though. Not confirmed. And besides, they say Ninis' Grace is a memento from their mother. Maybe their mother is named Ninis, and she imbued her power into the ring.

I think those are just implications, though. Not confirmed. And besides, they say Ninis' Grace is a memento from their mother. Maybe their mother is named Ninis, and she imbued her power into the ring.

Nah, Aenir really is their mother's name, and Nergal was confirmed to be their biological father with all the subtlety of a sledgehammer to the face.

Just figured I would get that cleared up 'cause it was bothering me. :<

Ah...darn. Can't argue with that. Still, I am adamant in my belief that Nergal isn't Ninian's daddy. I don't care WHAT evidence you've got, I'm not going to be convinced otherwise. It's like recruiting Vaida or killing her. OF COURSE I'm going to kill her.